Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rufuscat

Ryno also said that he's having to suffer new neighbors from hell, a group of noisy teens/young adults who rev their car engines and race around the local block at speed. And they also throw out bones which his Corgis could choke on when out walking and this causes him much stress. As a previous sufferer of these awful, inconsiderate kinds of people, they do drive you to distraction. I hope he finds peace soon, I think he is a man on the edge. His major solace is his two little dogs, who he seems to be in love with and gives him strength to go on. I can't hate on this guy, he really seems to be going through the mill and just needs a break.

Reactions: 11

glitteringgrogu

Chatty Member
Another 43 subscribers canceled. I say by August they go under 1,000. What you’re doing isn’t working. You are cranking out Pete’s format with 0 charisma. Where’s this unleashed creativity and talent and where is Kevin in person with this scooter?
Pete’s format worked because of Pete unfortunately. He had pizazz. He had personality. The current cast of characters are severely lacking in the personality department. They need to find their own format that suits them.

Reactions: 10

MichaelsAchilles

The problem I see with the current weekly show is it is not sure what it is or who it is trying to appeal to.

The old show appealed to the now 55+ retired crowd that wanted to hear Pete/John/Kevin's take on the parks, cruises and what other trips they should be looking into booking. Dreams Unlimited was there to fill that booking niche. Pete hooked a lot of these people 20 years ago when they had young kids. Now those same people are looking to retire. By the nature of the cast changes, Pete chose to never appeal to a younger demographic to get younger folks interested in the brand. Pete wanted boy-toys around instead of staffing with people with young families. That is fine for Pete/John since they are looking to cash-in on what they built, but it didn't leave anything once Pete (and Dreams Unlimited) was outed for what the company really is about.

Craig/Ryno/Hannah/whoever else will never appeal to the older demographic, they are too young and cannot relate to what the older demographic is looking for. Most people Craig's age would never think of booking a trip with a travel agent and booking a cruise like Pete or John would take is out of their price range and probably out of their interest level.

So, what should the show be, is it supposed to bring in John and the old cast to try and relive the "glory days" to appease the Dreams Unlimited customers? I don't see how they could possibly appeal to both bases.

The rebrand should have be a total rebrand with John divesting Dreams Unlimited from the Youtube channel and letting them do whatever they want. Then Craig / Corey would have shown how creatively stifled they have been (or not). John / Kevin could then host a monthly show that appeals to the older demographic by talking about Celebrity cruises and the best shopping stops at each port.

The old show is never coming back, and it shouldn't with Craig/Ryno/Hannah or any other combination they can come up with. How many people Craig's age would watch a weekly YouTube show live? The format is dated and needs to be put to rest. Reading between the lines it seems like that is what Craig wants to do, but of course, there are "reasons" (John Magi) that he can't. John is stuck in 2005 and won't let the show move on. Craig is at fault for sitting back and letting this happen. So instead, Craig tries to combine the two and you get the snorefest that is being put out there.

Ghost of Bob Varley

I know the Travel shows can be recorded in bulk, but it seems kind of crazy that John is investing time and energy into the Dreams Unlimited Travel Channel, and appears to be completely content to sit by and watch Craig and Ryno sink the Tuesday Dis show straight to the bottom of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Instead of putting out multiple mediocre products, maybe just concentrate your efforts into producing one good show.

Its been crazy to watch just how lost they all are without Pete. Its also kind of pathetic and sad.

xoxo552

After the scandal last year I'm surprised that the DIS Unplugged/Unlimited managed to retain their media credentials. I would have thought Disney would cut any commercial blogger loose if the co-owner had been accused of sexual assault by multiple sources then vanished into the ether without any denial. Weird, it's not like Dreams/DIS is of any value to them.
I was somewhat surprised too. Though they brought back WDWNT, who they called unscrupulous (or something like that), so who knows what their media/influencer strategy is. I wonder if the media team primarily interacts with Craig and that positively influences their view. Or I'm sure they've been assured either that it was just gossip, and/or that it was the actions of one individual who was no longer associated with the brand. While declining, I imagine Dreams is still amongst the top producing Disney agencies (with $900k debt hanging over its head) and I'd imagine their years of booking custom ABD tours and cruises probably earned them some good will and built some relationships. Or, Josh D'Amaro intervened on behalf of his bestie, PW. 🤣

• Haha

primapancake

We talk so much shit on here but can anyone else agree that they are incredibly happy for Craig and his family?
I hardly ever write on here but read everything. :) I‘m so happy for Craig and his family and I hope he‘ll have a wonderful fresh start. This opportunity sounds amazing and I‘m sure he deserves every part of it. He always seemed to be the hardest worker at The Dis and I‘m also afraid he was the last straw that kept the channel going. Let’s wait and see :).

xoxo552

Nope. No movement on the court dockets. They have a certain amount of time for the arbitration. At a certain point they’ll have to report to the court the results.
The arbitration order said they have 180 days, which would be September 2nd, or 30 days after completing arbitration to update the court- whichever comes first. I'm not sure if it's possible to petition for an extension. My guess would be PW tries to delay as much as possible. I have to say, I am curious as to where he is & what he's doing - did he go to rehab? Go on a bender? Is he in FL? NJ? Plotting a comeback?

MrsA1234

Chatty Member
View attachment 2987406
take a look at this loser swimming alone (in his t shirt💀) while his wife is at home alone taking care of their newly born son
For all his faults, this isn’t one. Even if he wasn’t on a hosted trip and his son was still a newborn (im talking like 6weeks+ here) I’m a big advocate for each parent/caregiver taking time out to look after their own mental health, whether that’s swimming alone or whatever.

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
I mean, devil's advocate, if you weren't nice to Pete you were in deep shit. You kissed ass or you suffered.
---
I agree. It's not just hostages that develop Stockholm Syndrome, employees too. He was in the 'unfortunate' position that Pete didn't seem to treat him as harshly as JeniLynn, Dustin or Sean so he stayed put. Maybe out of some sense of responsibility for Craig and not wanting to abandon him to a toxic boss? They do seem like good friends. Plus if you are depressed that carries a whole lot of inertia with it.
Not the point I was making. Ryno didn't just kiss Pete's ass, he was dismissive and condescending to other people and their opinions even when he wasn't agreeing with Pete, or when Pete wasn't even there. Plus, either he's a fantastic actor, or he took some perverse pleasure in shitting on a few thoughts or ideas, just by the shitty grin on his face. I almost feel like he felt some freedom to be an asshole, with Pete being not just an abuser, but also an enabler. Catty condescension and dismissiveness was a commodity with Pete, and I think he gave the green light to others to be the same way.

Because Pete is such an absolute shit, there is going to be a desire to place the blame for everyone's character flaws on him, either as a defense mechanism, a coping mechanism, or just trying to avoid the asshole's ire, and that's likely true for a good portion of the way many of the employees acted on the show. But let's not ascribe everything to "Pete was an asshole".

glitteringgrogu

Chatty Member
Their new “studio” looks like a Temu version of the one at Pete’s house. These people put zero effort into making the channel a success.

• Haha

DISbored

Chatty Member
Does anyone feel bad that Ryno has to work for an hour today…??? By work I mean turn on a zoom camera and occasionally give input in?

• Haha

Cinnamon1

It would follow the traditional path of continuing discovery (if it's not yet complete), presenting motions (if appropriate) and eventually setting a trial date.
Do you think Dreams Unlimited will be selling packages to stay for the trial?

• Haha

cavamom

VIP Member
So they’re paying rent in a space that they’re not using bc they couldn’t get their act together to order furniture in a timely manner. Solid business decisions being made.