Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MichaelsAchilles

I 100% not using your personal money to fund company advertisements.

HOWEVER, I think that really cuts to the heart of why DisUnplugged/Unlimited will never be a successful YouTube channels. Most successful channels are passion projects and the content is owned by the creator(s). So, the creators put everything they have into it because this is "their thing". The Dis was Pete's thing and now it is John's thing (by default). If Craig was an owner of this, I don't think the content would look like it does today.

The boards are the same way. It seems like Corey is always apologizing for the way things are run because of "reasons" and things that are out of his control. To repeat, the "President of the Dis" has no control over how the boards are run. If there was ever a symbolic job title, this is the perfect example.

John Magi is the common factor in all of this. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to social media and most likely doesn't care. He is waiting for the clock to run out to collect his big payout check if/when Dreams Unlimited is sold.

Reactions: 16

court2022

Chatty Member
So, Erica works at Starbucks in Hollywood Studios now? Saw her today. Hopefully she's happier there 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

DISbored

Chatty Member
I am sure John Magi with his incredible business acumen decreed that all talk of the real studio move were off limits. Which is today's business climate is insane since all the information is available on line and a simple Google search away.

But, remember, John operates the company like it is still 1998 and he assumes most of his clients are no more savy than that.
There was no message stating that we support all our agents and staff members, committing to a full and transparent investigation. We sincerely thank you for standing with us during these challenging times. Your trust, engagement, and support mean everything to us.

Let's move forward with respect and integrity, not just sweeping things under the rug. How can anyone overlook that? How can anyone continue to support them after they've tried to bury this issue?

I don't understand why they don't get new jobs at Universal or Disney, they're still young. There must be hundreds of opportunities, it's not like they live in a small town with only one employer. What's so good about working at Dreams Unlimited Travel (sorry, 'DIS Unlimited') anyway? It's obviously been a very toxic environment for years. I can't imagine they are in thrall to Kevin & John or feel any loyalty to them. Why stay? Craig's got a new MA, there must be openings for his skills at Disney, even Ryno could find some new creative work there. I guess it's the inertia that develops when you've worked for the same company for years and you end up phoning it in. Very sad.
The job market is very competitive at the moment. In my department, we recently posted a Creative Producer role. We had over 500 applicants fighting for one spot. And some of the people that did *not* make the cut had produced multiple shows for national TV.

We landed on someone who came from California, so we weren’t pulling applications from a local pool. Plus, the hardest part with Disney and Universal is always getting your foot in the door. I am guessing it is harder now than it used to be. I really got incredibly lucky to get my job. I mean, I worked hard. Really hard. But even still, my story is not a normal one.
---
Trauma bonding is a factor for sure, but maybe they're also willing to tolerate the toxic environment because they can mostly WFH and only have to put in a few hours a week for a decent salary?
I can confirm this is definitely a factor with at least one or two of them, and I find it VERY frustrating.

• Heart
  • Wow

The Mando

ABD should put together another "DIS exclusive special itinerary," featuring excursions to the welcome center, Pete's manicurist, Mary at Publix, and culminating in the trial and a final dinner with a performance by special guests Jeff and Val kissing John and Kevin's asses.
I’ve lived both, I’d honestly do the London/Paris experience, Central Europe or South California - it’s much better.

• Haha
  • Heart

The Mando

Agree that not everything they do needs to be for content, particularly if they aren't being reimbursed by the DIS. But if they're not covering it, I question their motives in bringing that up on the podcast. Are they mad that the DIS won't reimburse them for it? Are they being pressured to cover it without being reimbursed? Are they annoyed at the 3 fans they have left for asking about it? Whatever the reason, it gives me the ick when they are so publicly bitter.

Excellent point about John and Kevin advertising their NJ vacation rental on their Disney travel show. Can't pay for a couple of Disneyland trips to get content for their Disney podcast, but let's devote an entire show to promoting a non-Disney Airbnb 1,000 miles away from the nearest Disney park. The blatant greed in putting their own personal profit above the company's interests is disgusting. At least when they were shoving their Orlando vacation rental* down our throats every week, that was relevant to people booking WDW vacations.

*The Orlando vacation rental is the one they sold. I think they've had the NJ home for a while; maybe they could no longer afford to keep both. So in yet another demonstration of their brilliant business acumen, the owners of a Disney travel agency sell the vacation home near WDW and keep the one in NJ.
This stems from years of that being the expectation. If they did do something on their own dime, it was expected they still cover it and they would get in trouble for not doing it.

Often with the promise of being reimbursed and that never actually happening or it being a fight to get the money back, which had other repercussions because you weren’t being a loyal person to the company. (Pretty much, you’re on Pete’s hit list and he’s going to threaten your job for a few weeks and be very cruel to you as a person)

So , think it’s years of that pressure and not knowing anything else. It’s taken me years of being away from that to break bad habits and for most people there, this is the first and only ‘professional’ job they’ve had so the standards we learned were Pete’s standard. The choice was always ‘do what I say or find another job’ and pretty much everyone signed a non-compete. Not likely enforceable but, it’s a big threat when someone is threatening legal action and they have (had lol) millions of dollars to come at you with.

• Heart

Galaxyprincess

VIP Member
I also strongly believe that Kylie is a functioning adult who can take care of her own kid by herself, unlike another vlogging couple that has children(looking at you Jenn Tracker) .

• Haha
Hearing Ryno called lazy never sat well with me. Maybe because I know what depression feels like. However I went through depression in private and his job is public facing. I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

Murray9000

VIP Member
Does anyone want to use Dreams Unlimited Travel to book a vacation with this hot garbage crew?
They are too technologically advanced for me. I'm looking for a travel agent that mails me paper airline tickets. I also heard they don't accept Traveler's Checks as payment.

• Haha

Thunderbirdtoo

Chatty Member
They fucked up on the dimensions: it fits his scooter, but not his ego.
Plus John appears to blind in one eye now, so maybe he can't drive to the new studio. It's ironic, considering how many years he spent turning a blind eye to Pete's behavior. Karma's a bitch.

• Haha
  • Wow

WDWUO83

VIP Member
I was going to do another live stream tomorrow until I remembered it’s championship Sunday but I might do one Monday night instead.

I know most people that reach out to me don’t post here or don’t have accounts but it will be on the same YouTube channel as last time @seanfaulk1 is the handle if any randoms read this and want to find it.

It will likely be Monday night at 7pm EST if Anyone has more questions to ask live. If not, it’ll be posted after if you want to watch later.

The dust and legalities have settled with Moving To Orlando so I am able to say more on that topic and general Pete things since there isn’t any connection there anymore.
Thanks for planning another live, can’t wait to watch it! The last one brought us the “Pete’s friend from Publix” story, and that still makes me randomly laugh at inopportune moments 😂

• Haha

ShelbyWagon

I got a notification today that they changed their Facebook page from Dis Unplugged to Dis Unlimited. How are they just now getting around to stuff like that? That should've been Day One after they announced the name change 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Rufuscat

View attachment 2987406
take a look at this loser swimming alone (in his t shirt💀) while his wife is at home alone taking care of their newly born son
In Craig's defence he's swimming in crystal clear tropical waters for a job and most of us probably aren't. As a snapshot of his life I have to say this photo doesn't shout 'loser'. And redheads can burn 15 minutes in June sun so he's only being careful.

Cocobean9

VIP Member
The people still posting on Dis boards looking for a discussion or debate would do better to come over here. Seems like a lot of them can see through the BS of Corey and the team