Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Mando

I wonder if someone had to turn over admin passwords/permissions and that was what was taking so long. Maybe the “sale” wasn’t as seamless as everyone is acting. I mean seriously Pete himself admitted he never let anything go easily, I doubt he walked away quietly without making everyone’s life miserable.

I noticed the Moving to Orlando YouTube page was stripped of branding and content, so maybe things are starting to get wrapped up with the final sales/transfers.
It was stripped. It seemed salvageable for a bit but it’s just not. This is all my assumptions but the facts seem to be there.

I believe when Pete sold his portion to Ruben, he didn’t actually turn over the stuff that was in their contract. I don’t have their contract but I was told what was supposedly transferred (like email servers, website, names etc) but last September the website was suddenly gone and neither owner did it. Then in October the email server was shut down, neither owner did this.

So, it tells me that Pete might have granted access to things, I don’t believe he ever actually gave away his access or had some kind of fail safe to ultimately kill it if he wanted. If that’s the case then I can’t trust that the channel/Facebook group would not be the same situation and id work to give that life again and would someday wake up and it’s all just deleted. Stripping it and removing the videos was the best case scenario. As it stands now, there isn’t even a guarantee that Pete doesn’t still get leads that may come in to the server (assuming he might still have the admin access and shut everyone else out) and could be referring clients out for profit.

Pulling the videos seemed like the safest bet. Sadly the world will have to miss out on Pete reviewing local places like ‘Morton’s Steakhouse’, Drakes local dream being to bring sandwiches from home to Disney and Ruben wanting to add Greece to Epcot because it would give a tropical option.

The company itself is now officially dissolved and it’s left legal hell as of last month so at least everyone is freed up to do other things. I can go do real estate and everyone else can continue kicking people’s teeth out, one at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

xoxo552

Ryno's grand plan to chat with the show's viewers on DIS boards vanished into thin air – surprise, surprise. Is he aiming for the "Laziest Person Alive" award, or is John just feeling extra charitable with that full time salary with that output?
Yikes. :oops:

Yikes.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Cocobean9

VIP Member
Funny thing is that while Craig & Ryno may be afraid of rocking the boat with John, he won't hesitate to sell Dreams and leave them all unemployed. John & Kevin are for John & Kevin.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
JL how you been!?! Would you ever return to the DIS if they asked or do a tap house talks!?
Hi! My life has ups and downs like everyone else, but I can't complain about much except for oak pollen. I complain loudly about oak pollen these days. :)

There was a time that I would have considered (emphasis on considered) returning to The Dis if Pete was gone, if John was detached, and if Corey was in charge. That time was prior to Dustin coming forward. Since Dustin came forward, this is no longer the case. I feel like my eyes were opened a bit more than they were before, and seeing the team choose to stay in place has been heartbreaking for me. I feel like I could have been supportive if they had separated themselves from John and started anew, but that didn't happen.

As much as I care for most of them and as much as I root for them to find happiness, I do not respect the way it's all gone down and wouldn't choose to participate anymore. That was cemented when they chose to dig their heels into the cesspool and "rebrand" themselves as Dis Unlimited. I felt ill when I saw that, physically ill.

In my personal talks with them (at least the ones that I keep in touch with), they know that I care about them individually but that I cannot support them collectively at The Dis. I've had some very painful and honest conversations with a few of them about taking responsibility, being transparent, and why the lack of it hurts the community so much (including me). They know where I stand. I know where I stand, and now you know where I stand. It isn't in anything that is connected to The Dis or Dreams Unlimited.

I don't know a lot about Tap House Talks. I think you guys have said that is something Ryno or Deni does? I am a little unclear if it is on personal channels or The Dis, but the answer is the same regardless. I would not participate. Ryno would never ask me to join him, and I would never accept an invitation. And while I do enjoy Deni and wish her much success with her personal channel (which does appear to be taking off), I am not entirely sure how Disney would feel about me appearing in an influencer's vlog. Most likely I wouldn't take the risk.

• Heart

invisobelt

I hope that their shift supervisor at Arby's knows they're using the break room for a podcast every week.

• Haha

The Mando

Federico runs Si Disney, the Spanish version of The Dis, so I’m guessing that’s what that LLC is
lol I had no idea he named the LLC ‘encanto’ - I never once remember Pete watching a Disney movie. I used to ask him why we never covered the films at all on the show and he’s like, ‘my audience doesn’t care about that!’ And I’m like…..why not? I love the parks and I love the films too and then I just realized that he didn’t really like the movies (or Disney honestly lol) so I’m not shocked that his lawyer brain was able to think up Encanto for a Spanish themed company.

Coupled with him naming the show ‘yes Disney’ which makes absolutely no sense to a Spanish speaking person because nobody would ever speak that way in English. Can you imagine in English making a new Disney podcast and calling it ‘yes Disney!’ ?

• Haha
I 100% not using your personal money to fund company advertisements.

HOWEVER, I think that really cuts to the heart of why DisUnplugged/Unlimited will never be a successful YouTube channels. Most successful channels are passion projects and the content is owned by the creator(s). So, the creators put everything they have into it because this is "their thing". The Dis was Pete's thing and now it is John's thing (by default). If Craig was an owner of this, I don't think the content would look like it does today.

The boards are the same way. It seems like Corey is always apologizing for the way things are run because of "reasons" and things that are out of his control. To repeat, the "President of the Dis" has no control over how the boards are run. If there was ever a symbolic job title, this is the perfect example.

John Magi is the common factor in all of this. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to social media and most likely doesn't care. He is waiting for the clock to run out to collect his big payout check if/when Dreams Unlimited is sold.
I fact-checked all this. No lies detected. 🙂

• Haha

Thunderbirdtoo

Chatty Member
I’m kind of going through tea withdrawal why did this page turn so quiet
Because we're all hanging out with John and Kevin, partying at their new beach house? For the low, low price of one ABD trip (booked through Kevin; minimum of 2 people; only trips outside the US qualify), you can join us, too!

With the court cases stalled in mediation, the Tuesday show circling the drain, and no sightings of Pete anywhere that we know of, I think they've just become irrelevant. If the AmEx cases go to trial or resolve with any details that are public, or Ryno ever publishes that long awaited essay, I'm sure this page will liven up again.

Ghost of Bob Varley

See additional comments on the YouTube video. "... he gets paid regardless if he speaks non-stop or says only one word the whole time..." I think Craig is technically Ryno's boss? This isn't a great reply, especially on a public forum. Now separately, I've had some issue with the way they're all apparently paid. I don't think it's fair that only Ryno's pay is based on Patreon subs or (at the time) only Deni's was on Magic Candle purchases. That doesn't make sense - they're all working toward the holistic success of the show. And if Ryno's pay (& only his pay) is still taking a cut due to depressed Patreon subs, then I can 100% see why he'd be less motivated. But it's an unfortunate perpetuating cycle where they aren't going to climb out of it without applying more effort/energy.

View attachment 2728969
One, I always thought it was terrible decision making to have Craig as the person responsible for interacting with posters on Youtube etc.

I don't know what you want to call Craig's personality, maybe attempts at dry sarcasm. Whatever it is, it doesn't work as well in print and it sure isn't how you want to be interacting with your "customers" and "fans" in comment sections.

Two, This interaction just shows how little Craig really knows about being a "manager" or operating a business. We all know Ryno is terrible, but you can't be actively throwing your co-workers/employees under the bus like that to customers/fans. Pete's gone, but that environment is still way toxic., I think that tells you everything you need to know about some of the people that remained.

Reactions: 17

JaqAndGus

Interesting, they assured us when they started Patreon the live show would not ever go behind the pay curtain.

This feels like you can not trust them. I had sort of already felt that. I have stopped watching so I don’t care what they do. The statements from all of them have never satisfied me to feel comfortable supporting them, especially John. Corey’s or maybe Craig’s remain the best and do come close though.

The other thing for me though is the negativity. I shared that I went to WDW for the first time last May. Despite coming from a strong affinity for DL, we really enjoyed it. We stayed at POFQ, which probably helped a lot making it manageable. We also got Genie Plus for all four parks, which made it easy.

As we prepared I told my partner to expect hour long lines, blazing heat only to be interrupted intermittently by the skies opening for biblical type flooding and the Florida wildlife may eat you so travel at your own risk. I said the parks would be dirty, guests rude and the food would be bland. Okay haha I am exaggerating but I really tried to temper our expectations. But also it reflected my fears it would be a huge let down compared to DL from negative things I saw online, including on the Dis.

We loved WDW. It blew us away. There was just so many small things such as One Man’s Dream that were quite moving, only to go to another completely different experience like Indiana Jones and be amazed on a different level.

Now with several months of hindsight, we still say we found WDW to be very magical. We thought it was a “one and done” but I no longer think that. Sure there was a rough looking bathroom here or there, the Muppet theater needed a refurb, etc but it didn’t take away from our overall impression.

When I saw they were critiquing the food court at POFQ the other day I rolled my eyes and didn’t even consider watching it. We found that food court to be very good and the beignets a bonus. The variety of food and snacks across WDW was solid and we really didn’t have a miss.

TLDR: WDW is very special. The Dis needs to figure that out again.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Karl Berg

Found someone scooting around looking for a Louis Vuitton bag the background of Ben and David's review of Lookout Cay.
1718292516465.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Murray9000

VIP Member
He's living in his mom's tiny spare room. If you sit outside the house around 1pm every day, you'll see him leaving the house wearing old pajama bottoms, ragged slippers and a faded DVC t-shirt. Sporting grubby nails that have been bit to the quick, he pushes his mom's shopping cart to a run-down corner store and fills it full of off-brand Hostess cakes and cola. For a pack of cigs, he tries to bribe the employee with a gaudy piece of jewelry he claims to have bought on an expensive cruise. The employee rolls his eyes and gives him a handful of loosies for $1 and the promise that he'll never come back.

But he always comes back.
And on Tuesdays at 2:00 he yells at the neighbor for cutting the grass.

• Haha