Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Was cleaning out a drawer and found this from when we did a Trip episode on Capone’s. Thought everyone could use a laugh. This one’s on me. ☺
IMG_4359.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17

xoxo552

New twelve page memo filed from Dreams opposing arbitration. In it, they say that Pete obtained the card without authorization and used it "strictly for his online gambling pursuits." So that's where the money went. I'll let the lawyers weigh in on Dreams' argument ... it seems like they are saying that New Jersey law applies and Pete didn't have the authority to bind the company. Seems insane to me that they're saying the President of the company didn't have the authority to speak for the company but OK... They also 'blame' AmEx for allowing the spending to go on as long as it did. As others have said, I'd definitely prefer this not go to arbitration so that we can continue to watch it.

Also, mediation on the smaller suit against Pete individually is tomorrow at 1pm via Zoom.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Ghost of Bob Varley

I'm super curious of what he is up to. Such a change from rubbing elbows with some big Disney Exec's on DCL Concierge level cruises only a bit ago. Remember it is only January, anything can happen, it wouldn't shock me if after the Amex stuff gets settled, he tries to reappear as the victim in all of this.
At this point it, the way the last 6 months have played out, I've moved from believing there is no way he could come back to now I think there is a small chance he comes back.

John and company knew about the Amex thing for quite some time and Pete was still allowed to be Pete. So I agree the Amex thing was not a deal breaker for them. Perhaps Amex gets resolved and they then do some sort of "Pete's gone to rehab tour". I think Pete has more sense than John and Kevin and would probably hire a PR person to come up with some sort of plan to spin the whole thing, where nothing he did was wrong, and if it was it was because he was spiraling in addiction. Pete would love the idea of having his own PR person.

Why do I feel this way. A large part is that the product has been terrible and the numbers are crashing. As insane as it is, do I think Pete would do more views and drive more traffic. Yes I do. Its the bottom line, it always is.

Plus, they've never actually came out and said anything bad about Pete. They never addressed the underlying issues. If you recall John and Kevin were the actual victims because some people were making comments on their IG.

Sure, Ryno and Craig made some backhanded comments, but those two will be like Wormtail, when Voldemort returns. They will come back sniveling back. We all know it.

Reactions: 16

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Well Ryno is the last man standing....someone start playing Nearer My God To Thee as Ryno sobs and clutches his Disney Funko Pop collection.
---
I'm sure Craig will appreciate being able to get legitimate health insurance now because I can't imagine what The Dis offered was much, unless he was under Kylie's coverage from Universal.
Legit this is awesome for Craig’s family.

There’s no way the Dis survives him leaving. I really like Ryno, but he can’t carry the show. Honestly, I could see Ryno leaving as well, an John and Kevin bringing Pete back 😂

• Haha
  • Sick

peteykirch

VIP Member
Whoever posted that will likely get a ban, but good on them. Dissent is not tolerated in the slightest. The 'wonderful' Jackie Gailey (wears a crucifix but enabled Pete) gave me a lifetime ban on the boards because I criticized Kevin's incredible snobbishness on one show in 2021 when he whined that only Deluxe hotel guests should get any perks. I got an email lecture from her about it being a 'major personal attack'. I pointed out to her how many times Pete had severely criticized Disney employees on the show - the boat captain who he encouraged viewers to harass, the 'witch' at reception at the Grand Floridian amongst others but that was ok, it was his freedom of speech and all that. They will criticize others very freely but won't take any themselves.
Be easy on Jackie she was most likely wound up because she ate something with black pepper in it, which is like a habanero for her and she lost control of her faculties.

• Haha

peteykirch

VIP Member
Fucking hell my small gallery wall in my office looks better than what they attempted into that studio space.
20240305_151020.jpg

• Heart

DisneyDuck

Seriously?? That’s super exciting for him! Did he mention what his role will be?
He’s super excited, he said it’s a unique opportunity and he’s very grateful they see him as worthy to fill the role, but that he’s not ready to share what it is, and doesn’t know if he ever will since he won’t be in social media like he is now.

DISbored

Chatty Member
Well now it’s official but if we get to thread 12:

DIS Unplugged 12 : It Must Have Been Love, But It's Unplugged Now

• Haha
There is several people who have been unfairly banned. For example, Ryan and Skier Pete who contributed significantly to the boards and were banned because of Pete’s abuse of power.

While it may have been Mary Jo, Jackie, Kathy (or whoever) who pulled the trigger, any one of them could have spoken up.

If you play their go between it allows them to remain behind a curtain, continue to be toxic and not engage with the affected or their audience.

Has Jackie done shit all to get @Rufuscat or any of the other unfairly banned people unbanned? Oh, so her justification is it wasn’t her personally?

You decide to provide prove it wasn’t her. Fine I acknowledge it wasn’t her, but I argue she continues supports the utterly toxic system so she might as well have.
Okay so you have mentioned a couple of times you may be relying info from “whoever” who wants to have things posted here. Personally I think they could have emailed Rufus directly and/or actually unbanned them but whatever let’s roll with it. I look forward to all the 3rd hand truth we uncover.

Now that you have this childish and toxic game of telephone started up as their messenger can I ask a couple of clarifying things?

1. Will you post anything from people over there? Or only people who you like? Or will you be filtering? Censoring?

2. Can we have you rely messages and screenshots BACK or does the seeking of truth only go one direction?

If you post messages from them publicly on their behalf, I am going to reply to you. They continue to be toxic and their messages miss the point, so my replies are likely going to be negative. If you don’t want to be the messenger..then don’t? I don’t know what you expect.
Take a deep breath, and please acknowledge that I have not disagreed with many of your points. I think you are getting yourself worked up when it isn't necessary. No one is knocking on your door. You can put the shotgun down if you find it is getting heavy.

I do not know whether any conversations between Webmasters took place or not, so I cannot offer anything concrete to you. You are welcome to speculate that one Webmaster had a problem and another pulled the trigger. It's entirely possible. I'm not sure if it is probable because Webmaster Kathy pretty much hates Jackie (and John and Kevin don't seem to be fans either). Nevertheless, it is possible. I didn't argue otherwise. so I would like to help you by pointing out there was never a disagreement there.

Also, I agree that The Dis is toxic. I agree that they unfairly ban people. You are talking to someone who was "unfairly banned" from more than the Disboards. I agree that the company and the people that still work there have not appropriately addressed nor made adequate (if any) reparations for the damage that has been done. And I share your view that they continue to give life (even if it is just life support) to something that should die.

Again, in an attempt to help you settle, I actually do feel that Jackie should have responded to @Rufuscat's email (friend of mine or not). It seems like something that would have been within her job description. And for what it is worth, I applaud @Rufuscat for trolling Kevin (as they stated they did). In my opinion, Kevin thinks far too much of himself, and he does not hesitate to troll others for his personal entertainment. And as they say, what goes around, comes around. Also, if you have seen screenshots of my Instagram stories that are posted in previous threads, you'll know that I'm not above trolling Kevin myself. Count me as Team @Rufuscat.

What I did was post a screenshot that might give @Rufuscat some insight, clarity, context, or additional information that they might find helpful. They have hearted that post, but you are so offended by it. Why? It feels like your discomfort is self-inflicted. You are suggesting that it is a "justification" of something, but I fail to see what it is supposedly justifying. No defense was presented. No justification was suggested. No one is saying that @Rufuscat deserved to be banned. It's just that they now see who instituted the ban....a fact and maybe some insight (depending on how @Rufuscat wants to put that piece into their puzzle).

If you are still determined to find something to argue about, I offer you this: Me posting a screenshot of an admin dashboard hardly allows anyone to remain behind a curtain. It would seem to be the opposite in that it pulls the curtain back a bit. In that same vein, wouldn't anyone reaching out be the definition of engaging? It may be indirect due to the way this site functions or other reasons, but an attempt has been made to engage nonetheless. I think those things are positive, and so I will continue to facilitate it when I am given the opportunity. And, perhaps, when registering for accounts on this site becomes easier, you will hear from people directly. For the sake of your blood pressure, I hope this is the case.

I find the descriptor "childish" very amusing considering the tone of your posts, but I'll indulge you by answering your questions this time:
1) If I am remembering correctly, you once accused me of not censoring myself enough. For that reason, it is an interesting that you are possibly implying that I might be too censored now. Regardless, how can I help you? What would you like me to retrieve and provide uncensored and unfiltered. If it is within my ability, I will help you this way so that you can relax.

2) What would you like me to relay back to the team uncensored and unfiltered? As you are aware, they already keep an eye on things here and can see for themselves, so this seems unnecessary. However, if it gives you peace of mind, I will deliver whatever message you may have if it is to someone that I am still in touch with. Does this ease your pain?

3) Your last question was what do I expect? When it comes to you, my expectations are very low. So the good news here is that so far you have met my expectations!

As stated before, you are welcome to keep fussing about stuff that isn't there. I would just think that it is disruptive to your life, so I want to assure you it isn't necessary. If you feel you must, though, there is nothing stopping you. I suspect we will all continue to read your outbursts with wide eyes.

• Heart

Rufuscat

Over / under on how long this post from disboards lasts before Corey deletes it? I give it until around 11 AM EST.
Whoever posted that will likely get a ban, but good on them. Dissent is not tolerated in the slightest. The 'wonderful' Jackie Gailey (wears a crucifix but enabled Pete) gave me a lifetime ban on the boards because I criticized Kevin's incredible snobbishness on one show in 2021 when he whined that only Deluxe hotel guests should get any perks. I got an email lecture from her about it being a 'major personal attack'. I pointed out to her how many times Pete had severely criticized Disney employees on the show - the boat captain who he encouraged viewers to harass, the 'witch' at reception at the Grand Floridian amongst others but that was ok, it was his freedom of speech and all that. They will criticize others very freely but won't take any themselves.

• Wow

PoorKid

VIP Member
He's living in his mom's tiny spare room. If you sit outside the house around 1pm every day, you'll see him leaving the house wearing old pajama bottoms, ragged slippers and a faded DVC t-shirt. Sporting grubby nails that have been bit to the quick, he pushes his mom's shopping cart to a run-down corner store and fills it full of off-brand Hostess cakes and cola. For a pack of cigs, he tries to bribe the employee with a gaudy piece of jewelry he claims to have bought on an expensive cruise. The employee rolls his eyes and gives him a handful of loosies for $1 and the promise that he'll never come back.

But he always comes back.

• Haha

slatterie

I think the bigger story is Kevin and John finally showed up to the new "studio".

All kidding aside, best wishes to Craig. Happy to see he is moving on. Sounds like a great opportunity.

• Wow

Murray9000

VIP Member
I really thought it was shopping and travel expenses. I mean we knew he liked gambling but I hadn’t thought of that as the reason for the charges.
So that also explains the rehab I guess. Less about alcohol or drugs and more about gambling.
I thought it was manicures.

• Haha

MichaelsAchilles

I 100% not using your personal money to fund company advertisements.

HOWEVER, I think that really cuts to the heart of why DisUnplugged/Unlimited will never be a successful YouTube channels. Most successful channels are passion projects and the content is owned by the creator(s). So, the creators put everything they have into it because this is "their thing". The Dis was Pete's thing and now it is John's thing (by default). If Craig was an owner of this, I don't think the content would look like it does today.

The boards are the same way. It seems like Corey is always apologizing for the way things are run because of "reasons" and things that are out of his control. To repeat, the "President of the Dis" has no control over how the boards are run. If there was ever a symbolic job title, this is the perfect example.

John Magi is the common factor in all of this. He has no idea what he is doing when it comes to social media and most likely doesn't care. He is waiting for the clock to run out to collect his big payout check if/when Dreams Unlimited is sold.

court2022

Chatty Member
So, Erica works at Starbucks in Hollywood Studios now? Saw her today. Hopefully she's happier there 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

DISbored

Chatty Member
I am sure John Magi with his incredible business acumen decreed that all talk of the real studio move were off limits. Which is today's business climate is insane since all the information is available on line and a simple Google search away.

But, remember, John operates the company like it is still 1998 and he assumes most of his clients are no more savy than that.
There was no message stating that we support all our agents and staff members, committing to a full and transparent investigation. We sincerely thank you for standing with us during these challenging times. Your trust, engagement, and support mean everything to us.

Let's move forward with respect and integrity, not just sweeping things under the rug. How can anyone overlook that? How can anyone continue to support them after they've tried to bury this issue?

Reactions: 15