The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, this has been quite the eye-opener...Thanks to everyone telling their stories.

Just some random thoughts...

Does anyone think they will do those DIS events anymore? And will their "good friend" Jodi Benson appear? I can't imagine any celeb guests or Imagineers will sign up for any appearances. Wonder how Josh D'Amaro is handling it since he and PW were so close. :ROFLMAO:

Also, will DUT sponsor/participate in any GKTW event? I can't see how they could.

I can only think Craig is staying on because he has been promised something...part ownership or something? Maybe he and Ryno with Corey are waiting it out hoping John sells the company and they believe they can fully take over? Sorry, I can't see them running a company with all the financial accounting that has to go on behind the scenes. I mean the company's current accounting did a bang-up job watching where all the funds go... I wish them the best but I REALLY hope they have some sort of plan B ready to go that does not involve DUT.

Reactions: 3
Looks like on the DIS board Ryno started a thread to communicate with the listeners and hasn’t been back in 2 months. Is there anything this guy does this isn’t lazy and half hearted?
His hair? Arranging and dusting his Funko Pops?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well, this has been quite the eye-opener...Thanks to everyone telling their stories.

Just some random thoughts...

Does anyone think they will do those DIS events anymore? And will their "good friend" Jodi Benson appear? I can't imagine any celeb guests or Imagineers will sign up for any appearances. Wonder how Josh D'Amaro is handling it since he and PW were so close. :ROFLMAO:

Also, will DUT sponsor/participate in any GKTW event? I can't see how they could.

I can only think Craig is staying on because he has been promised something...part ownership or something? Maybe he and Ryno with Corey are waiting it out hoping John sells the company and they believe they can fully take over? Sorry, I can't see them running a company with all the financial accounting that has to go on behind the scenes. I mean the company's current accounting did a bang-up job watching where all the funds go... I wish them the best but I REALLY hope they have some sort of plan B ready to go that does not involve DUT.
Solely based on what they are putting out now…who on earth would want to go to an event with them?

Reactions: 8
I’d like to make sure and clear up anything about Jodi Benson. She’s very nice and is not ‘friends with the dis. She was hired (and paid a lot more than you’d think) for each of her appearances. It was strictly contractual for a client that hired her often.
She got her bag and I highly doubt they could afford her now nor have enough to celebrate to throw anything but a funeral.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I’d like to make sure and clear up anything about Jodi Benson. She’s very nice and is not ‘friends with the dis. She was hired (and paid a lot more than you’d think) for each of her appearances. It was strictly contractual for a client that hired her often.
She got her bag and I highly doubt they could afford her now nor have enough to celebrate to throw anything but a funeral.
It says $50,000 - $100,000 to book her to sing. 🧜‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 2
There’s absolutely no truth to the rumor that Pete thought it stood for Give Kids the Werner.
---
I can only think Craig is staying on because he has been promised something...part ownership or something?
Ummm, long time listener, first time caller. What is half of a sinking ship worth? Does it matter if it’s the front half or the back half? I’ll take my answer off the air.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always figured that is the truth, and it shouldn’t be surprising at all, but it’s still pretty funny/shocking to have one more example of Pete having to buy the appearance of friendship/association.

Reactions: 7
That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying. It would annoy me when he would imply they were his close personal friends.

Reactions: 3
Oh maybe she wasn’t paid as much as you’d think and not saying she hasn’t heard her money, but I meant it more that she wasn’t some ‘friends or family’ discount. She has a set rate and is paid her rate.

Keep in mind, Mary from Publix is a friend of the Dis as much as President Josh as much as the actual Little Mermaid. The criteria is extremely broad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
@LobCheapek I wanted to take second to thank you. You and a few others seem to have a gift for following my actual points and understanding their importance (without twisting their meaning and getting sidetracked). You, in particular, seem to articulate what I am trying to say with a degree of skill that I’m a little in awe of. It’s helping my heart heal. ❤ Again, thank you. I might actually be able to sleep tonight.
Wow. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind post. You did not have to do that nor did I expect it, but I very much appreciate it Jeni Lynn. ❤ I’m glad to know my ranting had a positive impact on you and is helping your heart mend. At the end of the day, I think I speak for all of us Tattlers that healing is what we all wish for you, Dustin, Sean, and any others Pete has harmed. Your story matters. Keep telling it!

I only learned about all of this last week. I binged 5 entire threads in one sitting I was so horrified. While I have no connections to anyone on The Dis, as someone who watched every weekly show and special series from 2013-2016, these revelations have been oddly personally upsetting. Sadly though, I’m not surprised by it at all.

I remember vividly when Dustin left. I was incredibly sorry to see him go. He was a huge reason I loved the show like I did in the early days of the YouTube show. Watching his final show live and Pete’s gushing send off… I agreed with every word Pete said. Now knowing everything that lead up to and after that moment, I’m not going to lie its rocked me a bit. I can’t imagine what was running through Dustin’s head while Pete spoke. It’s gut-wrenching with all the puzzle pieces assembled.

One moment that has stuck with me since it happened a decade ago was Pete’s victim-blaming outburst when the woman was sexually assaulted in Disney Springs outside House of Blues. That memory instantly popped up reading the first part of Dustin’s story and ironically he called it out in a later post. The only person at fault in a sexual assault is the attacker. Period, the end. I saw Pete in a different way after that and the rose-colored glasses were ripped off.

After that I started noticing things that felt off in shows, but couldn’t fully put my finger on why. His flamboyant rants were no longer charming to me, but unhinged and self-aggrandizing. Don’t even get me started on the “I have Josh D’Amaro on speed dial” drivel. Josh D’Amaro doesn’t care. Josh D’Amaro doesn’t give a tit. Josh D’Amaro probably regretted giving it to you almost immediately.

Towards the end of JL’s tenure I didn’t watch consistently, but it was obvious something was going on between you and Pete. He argued with you more harshly than others on the panel. You were clearly tense in later weekly episodes and weren’t as animated. That said, I always enjoyed what you brought to the channel. Especially once Dustin left, you kept the show elevated until your oddly quiet departure. As a viewer, that moment in Dis history seemed off. Turns out my insignificant feeling all those years ago had legs.

After you left, I didn’t watch much anymore. Pete continued to became more unbearable to listen to and the quality of the content wasn’t what I wanted anymore. The rise of the Disney Vloggers inside the parks appealed to me far more. In recent years I’d watch a show if a hot subject was ranted on by Pete just to see what he had to say. Starcruiser, Chapek’s firing, decline of the Parks as a whole, etc. Seeing the change in his appearance was incredibly telling that he had somehow become even more volatile. The ridiculously flashy pinky rings (that were clearly women’s cocktail rings) with the matching necklaces were bizarre. Then he’d open his mouth and seemed like he was competing with the Trackers for how many times he could say “concierge”.

Anyway, pardon my verbose post, but this has dominated my thoughts all week. I’m so happy to know after everything Dustin is happily married to a kickass wife and doing well; Sean has also found his soulmate and is doing better than ever in life; and JL escaped to accomplish more in her career with Disney in the span of a few years than Pete could ever dream of accomplishing over the course of 3 decades. Much love to each of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t remember the exact number but I believe it was roughly 15-20k (could be off in that though) but I can promise you that I’d have done it for half that price.

I’d sing and be part of all the worlds. I’ll learn the additional Broadway songs. Throw in Frozen for fun too and I’d have learned to play a lute and sing the rooster song from Robin Hood. They could’ve got a steal on budgets.

And if anyone has a problem with black Ariel, they would’ve been in for a treat cause they’d have been getting a man if id have had a shot at it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This didn’t age well

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Oh maybe she wasn’t paid as much as you’d think and not saying she hasn’t heard her money, but I meant it more that she wasn’t some ‘friends or family’ discount. She has a set rate and is paid her rate.

Keep in mind, Mary from Publix is a friend of the Dis as much as President Josh as much as the actual Little Mermaid. The criteria is extremely broad.
Sean, thank you for sharing the story of Mary from Publix, this has to be my favorite story of 2023! Just seeing you mention it again made me laugh just as much as the first time!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Sean, thank you for sharing the story of Mary from Publix, this has to be my favorite story of 2023! Just seeing you mention it again made me laugh just as much as the first time!
I had forgotten about Mary from Publix! I hope she had another nice Thanksgiving hanging out with people other than customers😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think I missed the Mary from Publix story! Can somebody give me an overview/recall the thread it was told in?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.