The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Then by all means please point out with quotes what 2 scenarios you’re taking issue with the rest of us missed. Choosing to be overly vague here without “receipts” is causing more confusion. I feel JL has addressed it, but if you feel she has not, then let’s be direct here.

JL has only told us the bigger pieces of her story. Of course there have to be smaller pieces that she hasn’t shared or has only alluded to once or twice.
Multiple people have already pointed out the second scenario involving Pete for which there are no receipts and brings up a lot of bigger questions.

Agreed. So if I'm interpreting what you're suggesting correctly, JL's hinting revealed 2 pieces of info 1) about Pete's father, that we've discussed a bit, and 2) about similar actions/abuse allegedly done by Pete towards a friend/coworker's child, I noticed she touched on it a bit but didn't provide more detail than that, just speculation, but I think now knowing what we know about #1, it makes #2 have a little more possibility.
And excuse me for assuming/speculating, but Pete has his site dedicated to his father with all of this love and adoration for who we now know to be a predator.. is dedicating the studio to someone else and constantly talking about it for 15 years remembering a friend and being the "good guy"... or is it a show of guilt/needing to 'make up for' hurting/betraying his friend!?
Unless there is some small sentence or two the rest of us misread, you’ve nailed it. Knowing the horrible truths of Dustin and Sean, makes story #1 about Pete’s dad (which we discovered is unfortunately true) lend a LOT of credence to the “hearsay” story #2 potentially involving the Varly family decades ago.

In all of the thinking I’ve done about this myself (and I’m in no way related to or know anyone associated with The Dis personally) that is the logical conclusion I’ve come to with as well about the studio being dedicated to Bob: guilt and narrative manipulation. Pete always has to be the victim in every situation and twist history to benefit himself. Doing nice things to honor his memory absolves him of any actual sins that may exist and makes him look good.
---
Multiple people have already pointed out the second scenario involving Pete for which there are no receipts and brings up a lot of bigger questions.
Jesus H. Christ my dude. If it’s the one regarding the “hearsay story” we’ve all been talking about the past few posts, say it. If it’s something else, then point it out clearly to the rest of the class for those who have missed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I wanna point out that I am not lost on the history and that I am totally up to date and understand everything but if someone wanna explain what happened between Pete and Bob I am sure other folks, not.me because I totally get it, would appreciate it.

Reactions: 1
Unless there is some small sentence or two the rest of us misread, you’ve nailed it. Knowing the horrible truths of Dustin and Sean, makes story #1 about Pete’s dad (which we discovered is unfortunately true) lend a LOT of credence to the “hearsay” story #2 potentially involving the Varly family decades ago.

In all of the thinking I’ve done about this myself (and I’m in no way related to or know anyone associated with The Dis personally) that is the logical conclusion I’ve come to with as well about the studio being dedicated to Bob: guilt and narrative manipulation. Pete always has to be the victim in every situation and twist history to benefit himself. Doing nice things to honor his memory absolves him of any actual sins that may exist and makes him look good.
Yep, my thoughts exactly. Has to be the knight in shining armor, the one that helps people. A true narcissist and abuser (in more ways than one). This all went from, Pete hosts a podcast and we know he's probably an asshole to his employees, to Pete sexually abused/assaulted people he was dating or people he employed, to Pete is potentially an even worse sexual predator than we imagined. Barf.

Reactions: 3

---

Jesus H. Christ my dude. If it’s the one regarding the “hearsay story” we’ve all been talking about the past few posts, say it. If it’s something else, then point it out clearly to the rest of the class for those who have missed it.
Literally just said it, you just repeated it.

I’ve noticed the lawsuits seem to be just dormant lately, does anybody know if this usual for such cases? On the smaller of the cases I also noticed that there is no attorneys name next to PW’s, I’m certain there use to be one? Could be wrong!
It’s pretty common that these debt collections cases drag on. 99% of the time it’s obvious the defendant owes the debt, but the dragging it out is to buy time and workout repayment proposals. It also doesn’t help that there are lawyers involved, which makes things take longer.

Reactions: 4
This just seems like the world's shittiest version of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine.

"Which molestation are you talking about?"
"Witches got molested?!?"
"No, I'm asking you which molestation are you referring to?"
"I mean, I've known a lot of witches and I don't want to speculate..."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This just seems like the world's shittiest version of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine.

Just want to quickly state I never used the word molestation. This is also why I said people seem to think they know a story that I didn’t tell.

I don’t want to take away from @CoolWhip’s 15, so we’ll get back to his Abbot and Costello routine. I just didn’t want you to be sent down a rabbit hole while he did it. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just want to quickly state I never used the word molestation. This is also why I said people seem to think they know a story that I didn’t tell.

I don’t want to take away from @CoolWhip’s 15, so we’ll get back to his Abbot and Costello routine. I just didn’t want you to be sent down a rabbit hole while he did it. ☺
So instead of clarifying you want to walk it back behind the curtain. I mean you threw out enough murky hints to suggest that Pete followed in his father’s footsteps, which would indicate some form of molestation, and this was a betrayal of his friend, leading one to believe there was a sexual assault of his friend’s child. If this is not the case than what exactly were you attempting to imply?

So instead of clarifying you want to walk it back behind the curtain. I mean you threw out enough murky hints to suggest that Pete followed in his father’s footsteps, which would indicate some form of molestation, and this was a betrayal of his friend, leading one to believe there was a sexual assault of his friend’s child. If this is not the case than what exactly were you attempting to imply?
Oh! Did you take your 15 already? Sorry, I didn’t realize you were done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Based on this whole discussion, I now think my ideal historical DIS Unplugged roundtable would be 5 JLs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@imjenilynn some people are going to be upset and say you shared too much information while others will look at the same information and be upset that you didn't give enough details. Don't listen to the noise on either side. Just tell the story you want to tell. It is your story, you lived it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@imjenilynn some people are going to be upset and say you shared too much information while others will look at the same information and be upset that you didn't give enough details. Don't listen to the noise on either side. Just tell the story you want to tell. It is your story, you lived it.
And I’m learning that some people will talk out of both ends of their mouth by simultaneously accusing me of both. It’s quite a tap dance I am being asked to perform. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And I’m learning that some people will talk out of both ends of their mouth by simultaneously accusing me of both. It’s quite a tap dance I am being asked to perform. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Nobody is a trained monkey here. You do and say what you want. People can ask questions and be doubtful as they see fit, or they can simply drive through. Regardless, you do you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way after the past 2 pages. o_O

It's become obvious some are just happily tit stirring and don't actually care about trying to get the facts straight.

Reactions: 15
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way after the past 2 pages. o_O
and yet the last two pages are way more interesting, insightful, and funny than like 99% of DIS Un* Episodes.

I guess that’s damning us with faint praise, but it is true.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@LobCheapek I wanted to take second to thank you. You and a few others seem to have a gift for following my actual points and understanding their importance (without twisting their meaning and getting sidetracked). You, in particular, seem to articulate what I am trying to say with a degree of skill that I’m a little in awe of. It’s helping my heart heal. ❤ Again, thank you. I might actually be able to sleep tonight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Looks like on the DIS board Ryno started a thread to communicate with the listeners and hasn’t been back in 2 months. Is there anything this guy does this isn’t lazy and half hearted?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.