The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I knew, when I was there, everyone was on good terms with Kevin. He and Pete might have an occasional brush, and Jackie seemed to bring out his mean girl streak, but there were no active wars between Kevin and the other members of the team. Aside from the occasional snarky comment (which we were all prone to throwing out), he was fine.
I can imagine him aiming any meanness towards Jackie. She comes across as very nonconfrontational and meek and I can see him targeting someone he perceived as the weakest of the pack.

Reactions: 9
First, thank you very much for taking the time to carefully and considerately answer so many questions. I hope you're feeling better soon. While I'm sure (or at least I hope) that your presence here is driven primarily by your own self-healing journey (which is all that really matters), it is also welcomed by those of us who'd like to learn more and understand how things ended up where they did.
I have a few motives for being here. And not that you did, but it would be fair to call those motives into question. For the sake of transparency, I am showing my hand. I have four motives, and I'll list them here in order of importance to me.

1) What happened to Sean and Dustin is MONSTROUS! As someone who participated in the community that enabled sexual abuse to happen repeatedly, I feel a responsibility to amplify their voices and lend credibility to what they are revealing. They were brave to speak up. And while they should be given room to step away, take a breath, and move on when they are done, the rest of us need to take in what happened so that we don't enable it again in the future. It's hard thing to do, though, if the full picture isn't brought into the light and examined.

2) I do have a personal story of trauma, and being quiet has kept me from being able to fully release that pain. Being at The Dis was akin to ingesting a teaspoon of poison every day. I have some internal damage from it. Posting here has been like getting my stomach pumped. Yes, it is cathartic, but it is also very uncomfortable. It is taking a little bit of a toll on me mentally, emotionally, and physically. Hopefully, I'll find that freedom at the end, though, making it worth it.

3) The team that is still in place does not have a voice--not really. And they won't have one until they separate themselves from John. You can see evidence of that by how he silences strangers on the internet. Imagine being someone who sits across the table from him and depends on his bank deposit every week. They do not have the freedom to be candid. I can't tell their personal stories for them (and it isn't my place to anyway), but I am in a position to inform others about their circumstances and shed some light on what it probably feels like from their seat. I know for fact some of them want you guys to have the information you are getting, and I'm trying to give an honest take on the many layers of this horror story for their sake as well as those of us who aren't there anymore.

4) As participants in The Dis community, past or present, you guys really do have a right to know some of this stuff. As I said before, I believe the viewers, listeners, travel clients, and Disboards community have also enabled this. From a financial perspective, you *could* say "the buck stops here" because this is the way everything is funded. Without the audience and the money, none of this exists, so the "outsiders" actually have a big responsibility. Anyone holding this type of responsibility, should know what they are giving power to. Some of it is obvious because of the toxic signs on display, but the ugliest parts are not so obvious. Community participants should be told about the things they cannot see so that they can decide whether they are at peace with the role they have played (or will continue to play) in all this.

There! All of my cards on the table. Now you guys can see how I am playing what I was dealt.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry if this has been discussed but does anybody else feel the new requirement for Disney to approve “influencers” that promote travel agencies is in direct response to the PW issues?
I don't think it was directly related to PW or the Dis. This new policy has been in the works for a while. As a part time TA, i have reviewed the policy several times now as they did an update again last week on it after its initial launch on Nov 1. Not a lot changed from then just where to submit for approval for the influencer.

I get why Disney is doing this, there is a barrage of garbage influencers out there doing more harm than good to the Disney brand and let's be honest we don't need daily vlogs of Disney properties. Personally some of these vloggers utilize youtube as their daily video diaries entries and honestly their day to day lives are boring as hell. The content they produce is at best just a quick cash grab from the YT views. Disney also wants to take more control of their narrative online, for far too long the "vloggers" have run amuck and violated park polices etc. Disney brand policies are very black and white as to what these people can and cant do and they violate them repeatedly. I think this whole new process/policy is part of the bigger picture for Disney to get things back in line with their brand. This policy is not new by any means just updated verbage but the msg to TA's was basically a warning shot fired to all vlogger/influencers that disney IS taking notice more now and they have been warned in a subtle way. Look at what they did to the "private tourist" people, alot of those people just got trespassed from the parks and banned for life, i see that in the future for the vloggers who dont have express approved concent to film in the parks. Look at tokyo dis they already rolled this out a year ago or so now.

Also one more thing to note, Disney is already starting to scoop the vloggers, examples would be the release of their own YT vids on the new DVC tower and treehouse tours at disneyland. If you can read between the lines, this is them beating the vloggers to the punch as most of these vloggers are using AP previews to produce their "tour vids" of new things. I think in the future we will start to see the media list trimmed down as well to truely legit media outlets and travel agencies only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Hey Jenny Lynn thank you for being a part of the discussion and adding your valuable input. I want you if you can delve deeper into John he seems like he’s really getting off light here but we know he’s an enabler also tell us some interesting behind the scenes stories!

I want to focus on what one poster said previously that people think this site is vile toxic and disgusting however this site gave an unabated voice to victims when the needed to speak out. You think the “good site” would have provided a voice to those who needed to speak out? Take a good look at who the bad people really are. Honest feedback to a podcast discussion that isn’t licking their ass doesn’t make us vile.

Reactions: 6
I don't think it was directly related to PW or the Dis. This new policy has been in the works for a while. As a part time TA, i have reviewed the policy several times now as they did an update again last week on it after its initial launch on Nov 1. Not a lot changed from then just where to submit for approval for the influencer.

I get why Disney is doing this, there is a barrage of garbage influencers out there doing more harm than good to the Disney brand and let's be honest we don't need daily vlogs of Disney properties. Personally some of these vloggers utilize youtube as their daily video diaries entries and honestly their day to day lives are boring as hell. The content they produce is at best just a quick cash grab from the YT views. Disney also wants to take more control of their narrative online, for far too long the "vloggers" have run amuck and violated park polices etc. Disney brand policies are very black and white as to what these people can and cant do and they violate them repeatedly. I think this whole new process/policy is part of the bigger picture for Disney to get things back in line with their brand. This policy is not new by any means just updated verbage but the msg to TA's was basically a warning shot fired to all vlogger/influencers that disney IS taking notice more now and they have been warned in a subtle way. Look at what they did to the "private tourist" people, alot of those people just got trespassed from the parks and banned for life, i see that in the future for the vloggers who dont have express approved concent to film in the parks. Look at tokyo dis they already rolled this out a year ago or so now.

Also one more thing to note, Disney is already starting to scoop the vloggers, examples would be the release of their own YT vids on the new DVC tower and treehouse tours at disneyland. If you can read between the lines, this is them beating the vloggers to the punch as most of these vloggers are using AP previews to produce their "tour vids" of new things. I think in the future we will start to see the media list trimmed down as well to truely legit media outlets and travel agencies only.
I was just thinking about this and wondering where all the Vloggers would end up. On Youtube a bunch of non-Disney reactors are being squeezed out due to new policies, so I was interested in the Disney Sphere. The fact that they banned the private tour guides seemed to be a big first step to reigning in what Disney will allow on property. I think the writing is on the wall on Influencers/Vloggers in Disney, polish off the resume because things are about to change soon. It is just not sustainable to have multiple Vloggers in the parks at one time as people are just trying to enjoy their vacation without being filmed every two seconds. The really interesting I noticed was the reaction to the Jollywood party. I wasn't surprised by the Dis reaction, they gave the good and bad. This was the first time I saw multiple Vloggers actually say negative things about Disney.

Reactions: 4
John is gross. Him and Kevin have tasted the life of luxury and have convinced themselves they deserve it. Anyone that stands in opposition to that is their enemy.

He quite literally made a deal with the devil in Pete to let him do whatever he wants as long as the cash keeps rolling in. As shown by repeated first hand accounts he would publically sympathize with anyone that got in Pete's way and then pretend there is nothing he could do. He is really the root of all that is wrong over there and seems to have a cult like hold over some of his employees.

I can't explain why else they would stick around after everything that has come out. Maybe he offered Craig and Rynon MASSIVE retention bonuses to stay on? At least that would make some sense.

Reactions: 11
I know for fact some of them want you guys to have the information you are getting, and I'm trying to give an honest take on the many layers of this horror story for their sake as well as those of us who aren't there anymore.
On the DIS Boards there are people who are referencing you and your struggle, but in a very oblique way so not to be censored. The comments are being read by the moderators yet they stay as they document the tit that they have suffered. I don't expect John ever looks at the boards so it goes under his radar.

Reactions: 2
Watching some of these new Christmas party videos, I have to vent about the emotional intelligence of these people. I understand that they're inside a theme park that is built on whimsy, and essentially children's stories, but Adults do enjoy the fun as wel. And, let's face it, it's priced for adults. There's no circumstance where the people filming these vlogs should be behaving at the emotional equivalent of small children. Erica calls fireworks "sky boom booms", and needs to leave early because it's way past her bedtime. I know one or two people who have early schedules, they would not accept an expensive ticket to an event knowing that they wouldn't be attending the entire thing. I also know that if they did accept the ticket as a work commitment, they would have the ethics to actually put in the work required regardless of their personal schedule. It's called balance, and either you have the maturity to live up to your chosen commitments, or you decline the offer and let someone else step into that role. Of course, she brought nothing to the table because the only thing they even use her for is to showcase her questionable allergies. Ryno has better friends on his personal channel who are capable of articulating their thoughts.
Then I made the mistake of watching Deni because I wanted to see what she thought of Jollywood. Deni always irked me because she also is a little stunted. I won't get into the fact that she films herself laughing at nothing, for me it's her language. She uses words like "hubby", and "kiddo" frequently. It's borderline insulting because she's old enough to be somebody's grandmother. Use your big girl words, you dunce, and stop randomly laughing at nothing. Even children's shows use actual words in their programming, why do these grown ass adults act like this?

Yes, I too like to go to Disney parks and have fun, but that dosen't mean that my IQ drops fifty points when I step into them.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It'll be interesting to see if the comments on the DIS Boards about JL's revelations gather any traction.

JL.png

Reactions: 6
Watching some of these new Christmas party videos, I have to vent about the emotional intelligence of these people. I understand that they're inside a theme park that is built on whimsy, and essentially children's stories, but Adults do enjoy the fun as wel. And, let's face it, it's priced for adults. There's no circumstance where the people filming these vlogs should be behaving at the emotional equivalent of small children. Erica calls fireworks "sky boom booms", and needs to leave early because it's way past her bedtime. I know one or two people who have early schedules, they would not accept an expensive ticket to an event knowing that they wouldn't be attending the entire thing. I also know that if they did accept the ticket as a work commitment, they would have the ethics to actually put in the work required regardless of their personal schedule. It's called balance, and either you have the maturity to live up to your chosen commitments, or you decline the offer and let someone else step into that role. Of course, she brought nothing to the table because the only thing they even use her for is to showcase her questionable allergies. Ryno has better friends on his personal channel who are capable of articulating their thoughts.
Then I made the mistake of watching Deni because I wanted to see what she thought of Jollywood. Deni always irked me because she also is a little stunted. I won't get into the fact that she films herself laughing at nothing, for me it's her language. She uses words like "hubby", and "kiddo" frequently. It's borderline insulting because she's old enough to be somebody's grandmother. Use your big girl words, you dunce, and stop randomly laughing at nothing. Even children's shows use actual words in their programming, why do these grown ass adults act like this?

Yes, I too like to go to Disney parks and have fun, but that dosen't mean that my IQ drops fifty points when I step into them.
So I take it you didn't sign up for her new Patreon? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So I take it you didn't sign up for her new Patreon? LOL
LOL I liked her in the beginning because, in comparison to the others, she actually spoke intelligently. Then she settled in, and morphed into this weird, dumbed down, version of an adult who lives for a fantastical world of never growing up. I suspect that she's doing it solely for entertainment purposes, but to dumb yourself down for the sake of the audience is what bothers me. As if the people who have the money to spend on these vacations do not also have the intellect to be spoken to as an adult. Even cast members, who are typically college age, don't treat guests that way.
I don't think that Erica is acting like anything other then herself, though, and she should get therapy. As I have said in the past, I can't even watch PMM.
I may be alone in my opinion, though. Tim Tracker does an OK job when he films by himself, Adam The Woo, WDWNT... Heck, even Brayden, who seems young to me, is capable of behaving like a person who has taken the basic knowledge that they've learned over the years and builds on it. I can't imagine saying the words "sky boom booms" when referring to fireworks. Not in my normal day to day life, but especially not while at work as a person professionally covering a topic for an audience. I realize that the word "professionally" is questionable in this situation, but that's what she's attempting to do. She lackis the capacity to be intelligently witty, and contributes nothing of use to the conversation.
At the end of the day, I'm just a person who attempted to get some insight into these parties and became annoyed at how a couple of people chose to deliver the message.

Reactions: 2
It'll be interesting to see if the comments on the DIS Boards about JL's revelations gather any traction.
And they are gone. Totally expected that John wants no talk of how truly horrible things are at his company. No investor will buy that cesspool and then he can't cash out and live a life of leisure.

Luckily. Any investor would discover this site during due diligence of a simple Google Search and will know DREAMS UNLIMITED TRAVEL harbors sexual predators and is a complete HR nightmare that is just asking for a lawsuit.

Anyone from that company that might read this, you need to GET OUT NOW! John is not your friend like he appears. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Reactions: 7
I was just thinking about this and wondering where all the Vloggers would end up. On Youtube a bunch of non-Disney reactors are being squeezed out due to new policies, so I was interested in the Disney Sphere. The fact that they banned the private tour guides seemed to be a big first step to reigning in what Disney will allow on property. I think the writing is on the wall on Influencers/Vloggers in Disney, polish off the resume because things are about to change soon. It is just not sustainable to have multiple Vloggers in the parks at one time as people are just trying to enjoy their vacation without being filmed every two seconds. The really interesting I noticed was the reaction to the Jollywood party. I wasn't surprised by the Dis reaction, they gave the good and bad. This was the first time I saw multiple Vloggers actually say negative things about Disney.
Actually had a couple friends do Jollywood last night and they live Tweeted their reactions. Interestingly enough, their takeaway was “Don’t listen to the influencers/vloggers; Jollywood is a lot of fun!”

I‘m not sure if more people are going negative to drive more traffic and clicks, but I feel like we’re at a point where it’s hip to hate on Disney for everything. And frankly, I’m getting tired of it.

Reactions: 1
There are no saints in this story... except for Julie. Julie might actually be a saint.
I think Julie is terrific. And admire her in many ways. But she has elected to continue to appear on the show. And she has to know the truth.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.