The DIS Unplugged #10 We’re Not Happy to be Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Craig or any of them have to personality to be the face of the new show. It is not a knock against them as people, but they need a charismatic spokesperson and it is sorely lacking.

if John is not going to hire a new talent then I cannot see how the whole thing fads away.

Before Pete turned out to be an ultra creep their views were sliding. His departure only sped things up.

I just think the DIS had its run and soon to be done.

Reactions: 7
Here's a leaving gift. Honestly, I'm not even sure any of you tried, but I'll give you the benefit doubt as the door closes firmly behind you.

1699557919344.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As scummy as Pete is, when he left he took the Dis with him. It’s over.
What's amazing is that in the last 4 months, Craig and the "team" have shown us that somehow Pete was the "creative" one among them and that he was the one that "worked" or at least got them to work.

For all the big talk from Ryno, Craig and Corey about creativity and "big things", all they have managed to do is continue to do what Pete did, except less often and worse.

Embarrassing.

Reactions: 15
I think it's hard for Ryno, Craig, and Corey to have too much enthusiasm for the whole project because they don't own it and I can't imagine they get any real bonuses for doing anything extra to do whatever the hell they call their show now...Zoom Buggies? You have to have some semblance of ownership to be good at the YouTube game in this space now. AllEars...who even talks about AllEars any more? No knock on Quincy, but if she left and began her own channel, she'd get paid more and more attention, but she'd also have to hustle more. You get enthusiasm from independence, and that plus compelling content and good personalities equals watchability.

Which is not to say that independence always gets you enthusiasm (see The Trackers). It's just that if you are getting paid the same no matter what the channel size or ad revenue is, then you're only going to be so invested.

Reactions: 1
I think it's hard for Ryno, Craig, and Corey to have too much enthusiasm for the whole project because they don't own it and I can't imagine they get any real bonuses for doing anything extra to do whatever the hell they call their show now...Zoom Buggies?
I get the feeling Corey was willing to take charge of it and make changes, but John wasn't happy about giving up control and watching the content - that's been bringing in $ for him up until now - morph.

Reactions: 6
I get the feeling Corey was willing to take charge of it and make changes, but John wasn't happy about giving up control and watching the content - that's been bringing in $ for him up until now - morph.
Based on what….??? They seemingly have free rain to produce the videos they want to now or at least they claim they do especially with that poorly prepared podcast they run now.

Reactions: 5
Based on what….??? They seemingly have free rain to produce the videos they want to now or at least they claim they do especially with that poorly prepared podcast they run now.
The fact that John is appearing on these shows instead of leaving them to get on with it themselves, for one.

Reactions: 3
No... Corey has zero ideas

Reactions: 1
Corey’s a BMX bike builder for the stars now. He seems pretty content putting together gold bikes for Rick Ross to take one picture of and put it aside rather than come up with creative new content ideas.

Reactions: 2
The fact that Erica has the sense to get off that sinking ship, and the others are hanging on for dear life is scary.

Reactions: 8
I unsubscribed from their Patreon last month; there's no value to it, so it had to go.

I also dropped Mammoth Club, but because they're doing just fine without me lol

Reactions: 6
As scummy as Pete is, when he left he took the Dis with him. It’s over.
Yes! As much as I wanted the DIS to continue without Pete, it’s just not going to happen. Perhaps it’s for the best. Whatever he built off the backs of his employees will be gone.

Reactions: 2
Caption this: “40-year-old man child poses for a picture holding a popcorn bucket akin to a scene from The Lion King”…. But they work so hard you guys and they’re so creative!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.