The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Insomnia is kicking my ass big time, I also hurt my foot yesterday, so am feeling meh. Hate feeling like this, feeling guilty cos haven't took dog out, he's still in bed with me, I know I'll be 'right' in a couple of days, but this feeling of dread is fuckin awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello, so glad I found this thread as I need people that will understand.

a week ago now I had my meds changed from citalopram(which id been on since 2018) to Mirtazapine, and I honesty feel awful, I could literally just cry all day, I hate everyone pretty much and I just feel so irritated and on edge, I could just scream and scream, I know it’s only been a week so of course I’ve got to give it longer but duck me it’s hard, things that don’t normally bother me are pissing me off big time. and I get bouts where I just wanna 💀💀I don’t think there’s much talk around how changing your beds affects you, please tell me it gets better 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello, so glad I found this thread as I need people that will understand.

a week ago now I had my meds changed from citalopram(which id been on since 2018) to Mirtazapine, and I honesty feel awful, I could literally just cry all day, I hate everyone pretty much and I just feel so irritated and on edge, I could just scream and scream, I know it’s only been a week so of course I’ve got to give it longer but duck me it’s hard, things that don’t normally bother me are pissing me off big time. and I get bouts where I just wanna 💀💀I don’t think there’s much talk around how changing your beds affects you, please tell me it gets better 😩
I took Mirtazapine for quite a while, and it really did help me with the panic side of things. It’s quite different to Citalopram though.

Are you taking the Mirt at night? What dose are you on?

Don’t give up on it yet ❤

I took Mirtazapine for quite a while, and it really did help me with the panic side of things. It’s quite different to Citalopram though.

Are you taking the Mirt at night? What dose are you on?

Don’t give up on it yet ❤
Yes at night only 15 mg at the minute

Yes at night only 15 mg at the minute
Hopefully you’ll find it settles. If you’re going to increase that should help too, 15mg isn’t very useful for anything.

I did take it alongside something else so I didn’t use it on its own, but definitely give it time. It really did help me feel more stable x

• Heart
Hi everyone, I am wondering if any of you can help me.

I booked an appointment with the doctors tomorrow to discuss my mental health. I am terrified. Not sure why really, I think cause I'm scared of a lot of things. I have been suffering really badly with depression and anxiety the last few months and it all came to head last week. Does anyone have any advice on what to say to the doctor, medication? I think the depression is causing my eating issues too so I am mindful of that.

sorry this has been nonsensical. I just don't know what to say

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, I am wondering if any of you can help me.

I booked an appointment with the doctors tomorrow to discuss my mental health. I am terrified. Not sure why really, I think cause I'm scared of a lot of things. I have been suffering really badly with depression and anxiety the last few months and it all came to head last week. Does anyone have any advice on what to say to the doctor, medication? I think the depression is causing my eating issues too so I am mindful of that.

sorry this has been nonsensical. I just don't know what to say
Massive well done for booking the appointment. That’s a huge step.

If you find it easier to write it down, you could do that and ask them to read it?

What would you want them to know when you walk back out of the appointment at the end? x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Massive well done for booking the appointment. That’s a huge step.

If you find it easier to write it down, you could do that and ask them to read it?

What would you want them to know when you walk back out of the appointment at the end? x
oh that's a good idea! Or at least I can get my head straight .

I think I just want some help. I'm sick of just nothing being enjoyable and having no appetite. I want to be able to actually like things again. Medication freaks me out a bit but I don't know what else to do. I already having talking therapy and it does work but I think I just need a little bit of help in the short term. Does that make sense?

• Heart
oh that's a good idea! Or at least I can get my head straight .

I think I just want some help. I'm sick of just nothing being enjoyable and having no appetite. I want to be able to actually like things again. Medication freaks me out a bit but I don't know what else to do. I already having talking therapy and it does work but I think I just need a little bit of help in the short term. Does that make sense?
Makes total sense. Write that down.
They will happily read it, or you can use it as a prompt.

Write it in the notes on your phone or as a draft email so there’s no chance of forgetting to take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
For the past two days I have been feeling miserable with no reason. I feel like there is something in the air beyond my mood disorder. I fell like I have learned about a death and my motivation is M.I.A. :cautious:

@shadowcat5, how did the appointment go?

For the past two days I have been feeling miserable with no reason. I feel like there is something in the air beyond my mood disorder. I fell like I have learned about a death and my motivation is M.I.A. :cautious:

@shadowcat5, how did the appointment go?
Thank you for asking, that's really kind! Thankfully the doctor was lovely which was something I was really worried about. I've got some medication and I have to go back in 3 weeks

As for your first point, I have the same feeling. It's like I'm in a funk I can't get out of. I don't know whether it's just winter blues thing or just everything going on in the world atm is getting me (and everyone else) down or what but there's just an aura of flatness atm

• Heart
Thank you for asking, that's really kind! Thankfully the doctor was lovely which was something I was really worried about. I've got some medication and I have to go back in 3 weeks
Oh that's good news! It helps when your physician is half decent. I hope the meds help you and you can always come here for some words of support. 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi all. I’ve never posted here before but I need to offload somewhere and I know you’ll all understand. I’m quite scared about how I’m feeling atm. My MH has taken an absolute dive. It has come as a bit of a shock even though I’ve had a couple of big life events happen recently. I think having to sell the family home (after my divorce) has tipped me over and this blackness surrounding me is horrid! I feel as if my meds aren’t helping at all and I hate having no energy or any interest in anything. I have no patience and it’s so draining! I was so excited about my future and what will be a fresh start for me but right now getting that feeling back seems impossible 😞

• Heart
I’m currently on 300mg of Zyban, I have 2 weeks left and the pharmacy cannot get anymore as it’s on the shortage list. Waiting on my psychiatrist to ring me back, however I’m starting to panic. Have come off venlaflaxine just 8 months ago and was feeling a little better on Zyban

• Heart
  • Sad
I've had a break up, a failed fertility procedure, poor health and multiple long term conditions.... I was doing ok until I wasn't anymore. Now I don't really want to be alive anymore.

Doing everything right in terms of getting support etc, but life feels so relentless right now.

• Heart
I've had a break up, a failed fertility procedure, poor health and multiple long term conditions.... I was doing ok until I wasn't anymore. Now I don't really want to be alive anymore.

Doing everything right in terms of getting support etc, but life feels so relentless right now.
Keep pushing through, better times are ahead ❤

I cut back on my anxiety medication because my digestion was really messed up. I threw the kitchen sink at the problem actually. Now I’m not sure what helped. I know I’m really irritable on a lower dose. I have a little work ahead of me to figure out what caused my digestive issue - diet or medication? I just want to be back on it already and stop feeling low key mad all day. I also noticed my migraines around my period have gotten progressively worse since I began taking a supplement, around a year ago, that’s supposed to help PMS symptoms. The migraines now last a full week. Migraines aside it has been very helpful in terms of keeping my mood level throughout the month. I’m trying to see if coming off the supplement the week of my period will help. It feels like I’m trying too much at once and it would be better to do things in a controlled way, but I can’t deal with both my head and stomach bothering me at the same time.

ETA: sorry, I lump my anxiety with depression because it’s still mental health related & greatly impacts my life. they’re cousins or sisters, right?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think my GP is looking at diagnosing me as being treatment resistant.

I've tried 3 antidepressants, none of which have worked. The GPS just up and up the dose until it turns me into a zombie and then when that doesn't work. I start another and the cycle repeats

I was also referred for CBT, which the therapist cut my sessions early because she felt I wasn't suitable for it.

I've now had no follow up after this. General response now is 'duck knows, we don't know'.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I hope you don’t mind me joining this thread. A brief outline on me I have agoraphobia, Borderline personality disorder and depression.

I had to do a depression review online survey today for my gp and I scored 24/27 my depression has been really bad since lockdown and I knew it was bad but kind of seems worse seeing it in writing. I’m expecting the gp wanting to see me now but I am a bit resistant because I don’t want to go back to the mental health team I had cbt before and nothing seems to work on me. I take my medication everyday I don’t think it works and I have told doctors this for years and no one listens to me. Here to help anyone I can also.
---

I hope you are ok and I’m here if you need to talk to someone

• Heart
I have thoughts.

I can't do this anymore I'm so sick of feeling so numb
@ilovepizza21 What is what you can't do anymore? I hope you are better than you were on the 28th. 🤗

I think having to sell the family home (after my divorce) has tipped me over and this blackness surrounding me is horrid!
You have just gone through 2 major stressors in your life; moving and divorce. Not knowing the details, my interpretation might be incorrect-this might be the big new adventure for you, but have you mourned your past relationship? It's natural to be anxious about embarking on a new stage in your life, but some feelings might be lingering. I'm not the greatest at letting my emotions flow, because I love to pack that crap in a box in my head and ignore it.

When it rains it pours eh? It's a cliche, but one day at a time. Not wanting to be alive is as low as it gets, even if you do have help. Take care of yourself.

ETA: sorry, I lump my anxiety with depression because it’s still mental health related & greatly impacts my life. they’re cousins or sisters, right?
Yes, anxiety and depression are often linked. Been on the medication roundabout myself. I bloody loved Paxil and that witch made me sweat like the worst menopause going. I stayed on it for a good year and a bit with the sweating and my shrink questioned why I didn't ask for a change sooner. Umm, because I am so desperate to feel normal and functional, duh.

I've now had no follow up after this. General response now is 'duck knows, we don't know'.
What are they good for? Jesus, they didn't offer you ECT? Ketamine? DBT? A psychopharmocologist who specializes in medication combinations? It is really frustrating when you (the patient) has to do all the bloody work, like you don't have enough going on. 😤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.