The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone heard of Zyban/Wellbutrin (bupropion)? It’s got rave reviews and I’m really keen to try it especially as I have an addictive personality and quit smoking not long ago, which it’s supposed to be good for (nicotine addiction has translated to vaping which I also want to quit). It’s prescribed off label for depression here but primarily is issued as a smoking cessation aid so I’m thinking to try to get it

re sertraline

I’ve started taking sertraline again, starting at 50mg - it hasn’t made me have an anxiety attack but I have felt more anxious I guess. That usually lasts about a week. It makes me feel physically tense and I grind my teeth on it for as long as I am on it, to the point my teeth have chipped a bit. I get bad bruising on it (apparently uncommon) after about a month so I only take it for about that amount of time. It has been really helpful in the past but now it’s only kind of helpful

I had a poke around and found other people complaining about having panic attacks which I know are different but it’s a similar anxiety response i guess https://www.reddit.com/r/beyondtheb...oloft_and_increased_anxiety_anyone_on_zoloft/

It’s really commonly prescribed so hopefully someone can share some more personal exps with you.

If it doesn’t settle, maybe (with agreement from your gp) you can lower your dose or try a different med? Sorry you’re going through this at Christmas ❤
Thank you so so much for doing that research, it’s so sweet of you 🥹 It’s strange how sertraline works. I’m going to see if I can lower it. I almost didn’t post because it’s Christmas Eve and I don’t want anyone worried about me.
Thanks again 💕 Merry Christmas🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone heard of Zyban/Wellbutrin (bupropion)? It’s got rave reviews and I’m really keen to try it especially as I have an addictive personality and quit smoking not long ago, which it’s supposed to be good for (nicotine addiction has translated to vaping which I also want to quit). It’s prescribed off label for depression here but primarily is issued as a smoking cessation aid so I’m thinking to try to get it
I took bupropion for a couple of months and it did help me get out of a rut! I had nausea for a couple of days but that's the only side effect I got from it as far as I can remember (unfortunately, none of the weight loss that it gets a lot of praise for! but no gain either.) It was less of a noticeable mood boost and more of a "I did things today" boost. I could do normal things without thinking about the mountain of effort every tiny thing seemed to need from me. I didn't get overwhelmed and want to cry at every little thing anymore. (This is after sertraline and citalopram didn't work for me personally)

I stopped taking it after a few months as I didn't feel like a needed it as much (I felt like I had been pulled out of the black hole) and I was worried about taking it too long and starting to lose my hair. There are a lot of stories of the hair loss side effect not stopping once it kicks in and that it generally starts at 3-4mo from what I read. Sounds a bit vain but losing half of my hair was not worth the risk and if I'd stayed on it I'd have been massively paranoid and obsessively checking my brush to the point of worrying myself bald :oops:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Morning
Hope you’re all ok
I’m not feeling great at all right now. I’ve made massive strides with my depression lately and got so much better.
Then last night I stumbled. I’ve just found a really great friend who I was looking forward to being single with, a friend to go on holiday, to party with and guess what… she’s bloody met someone!!! I’m always the single one! Whenever I get close to someone they meet a guy. Never happens to me though. Single for 11 years!
I massively reverted back to my depression bad habits, the skin on my fingers is raw and I cried myself to sleep. I think I was feeling so hopeful about 2023 and the fact I had a friend to do fun stuff with and now that’s gone.
I also hate my job and I’m knackered.
Sometimes I just want to be with my lovely nana who passed away a few years ago. Being here is rubbish

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning
Hope you’re all ok
I’m not feeling great at all right now. I’ve made massive strides with my depression lately and got so much better.
Then last night I stumbled. I’ve just found a really great friend who I was looking forward to being single with, a friend to go on holiday, to party with and guess what… she’s bloody met someone!!! I’m always the single one! Whenever I get close to someone they meet a guy. Never happens to me though. Single for 11 years!
I massively reverted back to my depression bad habits, the skin on my fingers is raw and I cried myself to sleep. I think I was feeling so hopeful about 2023 and the fact I had a friend to do fun stuff with and now that’s gone.
I also hate my job and I’m knackered.
Sometimes I just want to be with my lovely nana who passed away a few years ago. Being here is rubbish
Just so you know i am thinking of you. I went off but had to pop back. No one can say anything you haven't heard a hundred times but maybe it helps to get a kind word.
We all know what it's like and i hope you find your way out the other side. Sending a hug.

• Heart
I absolutely hate new years, I’m always filled with dread for the year ahead but this year more so as I have so much going on. I just don’t want to be here. I’m constantly dragging people down as I’m struggling to hide how miserable I actually am. It feels like there’s a permanent dark cloud over my head.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I absolutely hate new years, I’m always filled with dread for the year ahead but this year more so as I have so much going on. I just don’t want to be here. I’m constantly dragging people down as I’m struggling to hide how miserable I actually am. It feels like there’s a permanent dark cloud over my head.
You can never drag down the people that love you. They want to be there to help and support you.

• Heart
Really glad I have found this thread. I have suffered with depression I think most of my life but only recently had a diagnosis. In March this year i moved to London but the job I had really damaged my mental health meaning I had to leave a good paid job to basically nothing. I wasn’t lucky to find anything else suitable enough and had to move back to Scotland with my parents on October, I then fell and broke my back to now leave me skint, in constant pain and nothing to look forward to. I’m scared to get back to work as I want the pain getting too much and I also am desperate to get back tp London ASAP and would rather find work there than here. In December I had suicidal thoughts wanting to overdose but then didn’t want to be sick so talked my way out of it. I don’t self harm physically but I do overeat especially on my rubbish days

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I've been feeling pretty tit lately.
Luckily so far I've been getting support.
Tomorrow I'm seeing the crisis team, they came out today to introduce themselves and seemed very nice. Then seeing a psychiatrist on monday.
I just want to feel a glimmer of hope.
Something to make me want to stay

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone 👋 I’m glad I found this thread in my insomnia-driven tattle scrolling. It’s bittersweet though. Nice to find people who ‘know what it’s like’ but sad that so many of us are dealing with various struggles. I just wrote a whole comment and it descended into a pity-party vent so I deleted it. It’s so hard when there’s nowhere to turn, nobody to talk to and seemingly nowhere to get help. Lately I’ve been thinking that if it wasn’t for my partner, there would be no point. Sometimes I still feel like there’s no point. I don’t tell him this. It’s painfully lonely.

Wishing inner peace for you all 🤍

• Heart
Hi everyone.
Having a pretty low few weeks. Was supposed to submit my dissertation today after having numerous extensions and leave of absence due to my mental health. When I’m low I tend to shut off and don’t check things like emails or pick up texts. I’m socially anxious so I just shut any communication out. Uni messaged me with a short deadline saying they need more up to date proof of my depression and anxiety (because you know depression is just like a temporary thing 😏🙄 ) and I missed it so was told my work will now just be capped at a pass.

I accepted that as it’s my own stupid fault for not being on the ball and arranged for a new submission date as all I want now is to just finish it. But I literally cannot do it. I’m not sleeping well at the moment and everything I write is just tit. Nothing makes sense. I took an hour to write a single sentence yesterday.

I lost the plot yesterday with the pressure of it all and just emailed requesting a leave of absence to take some of the pressure off. Now I’m terrified to check my email in case they refuse my leave of absence and I’ve chucked away 4 years of work. I feel frustrated because I should be able to do this. I feel rubbish because I’m so close to the end and I’ve just let myself down. I’m worried about them offering support as from what I’ve seen they put you on a work plan in order to commit to finally handing it in. I can’t commit to a plan of support and know that if it’s offered I will feel pressure to accept it to get them to leave me alone which will make things worse.

I’m annoyed with uni as I don’t think they “get it”. One day I’m living with depression, the next I’m drowning in it. I can’t guarantee which days or weeks are going to be productive for me. Not sure why I’m writing this but it feels better having it written down.

Hoping we all have a good day today x

• Heart
feeling absolutley terrible atm.Ive been on anti d's about two years but suffered with poor MH since childhood.I feel so depressed at the moment.Going to try and get around to making a drs appointment to try fluoxetine instead of sertraline and see if it helps .Sertraline seems to be doing naff all atm.

• Heart
feeling absolutley terrible atm.Ive been on anti d's about two years but suffered with poor MH since childhood.I feel so depressed at the moment.Going to try and get around to making a drs appointment to try fluoxetine instead of sertraline and see if it helps .Sertraline seems to be doing naff all atm.
I’m sorry you are feeling this way, it’s so tiring and difficult. I was on fluoxetine (Prozac) for some time and it did help me quite a bit. I was much more emotionally stable and worried less. I hope it works for you!

I’m sorry you are feeling this way, it’s so tiring and difficult. I was on fluoxetine (Prozac) for some time and it did help me quite a bit. I was much more emotionally stable and worried less. I hope it works for you!

thankyou,just need to try and get a drs appointment now .Glad to hear it worked for you x

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else have the fear that their loved ones will up and leave them because they’re so difficult to be around? I’m in constant fear that my partner will have enough of me one day because I’m such hard work, one of my friends has already told me I’m not fun anymore, which has made me feel 100x worse than what I already do

• Heart
Does anyone else have the fear that their loved ones will up and leave them because they’re so difficult to be around? I’m in constant fear that my partner will have enough of me one day because I’m such hard work, one of my friends has already told me I’m not fun anymore, which has made me feel 100x worse than what I already do
I used to feel like that, but when I had a breakdown, and ended up on meds, he was so good cos he understood what I was going through, though when I'm not well, he constantly worries about me, which I feel bad about. Don't worry about your friend, it's hard for folks to understand unless you're going through it, it's bleddy hard sometimes, I know easier said than done, but try not to beat yourself up x

In a horrible place mentally at the moment. I thought after a few months the depression would lift but it's still hanging over me like a big black cloud.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.