The Coronation of King Charles III

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Won't details of Phils will be released towards the end of the century? Makes you wonder how many kids he actually did father.
Phil's will is the tip of the iceberg. They are very strict about who they let access their archives, which goes back much further than the current Royals.

Reactions: 2
I hope all you Brits have a lovely Coronation day 👑tomorrow/today with warm company and great food 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Yel

It feels like the right time to crown myself, and beat Charles 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m not a royalist but find the monarchy fascinating and love the historical significance of occasions like this. My friend is a big royalist and is coming over today to watch it with me. We’ve bought matching God Save The King t-shirts and she’s bringing bunting! Happy Coronation Day tattlers 👑

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Really excited for a fun day with my friend. We have the decs up, her little ones made paperchains and we have planned our British snacks (not that awful Coronation quiche though) 😀 My husband will reluctantly drop in for the main event :LOL:. I'm sure my kids will go into town with friends where there are music stages and stuff going on from 3pm. I will be visiting the frozen cocktail van :ROFLMAO: Hope you all have a great day x

Reactions: 9

Yel

It's looking quite grey, maybe it's apt that there will be heavy rain for hours from 1.

Ah well at least they're not cloud seeding like they do in Russia and China for events.

Reactions: 3
It's quite incredible from a historical point of view that in the past year or so, we've witnessed the death of the longest reigning monarch & her husband, now the coronation of an heir.
I'm not the biggest monarchist, but hope everyone has a good day.

Reactions: 6
I put the UHD coverage on the iPlayer. Even though my TV supports UHD it just looks the same as the HD coverage to me. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It's quite incredible from a historical point of view that in the past year or so, we've witnessed the death of the longest reigning monarch & her husband, now the coronation of an heir.
I'm not the biggest monarchist, but hope everyone has a good day.
Tessa Dunlop mentioned how the probable reason for lack of interest in the coronation from some of the population is likely that this has come too soon after the Queen's death.

Tessa Dunlop mentioned how the probable reason for lack of interest in the coronation from some of the population is likely that this has come too soon after the Queen's death.
Yeah but tbf they couldn’t hang around too long waiting to do it, Charlie isn’t getting any younger is he? :/

I’m dropping my daughter off at her dads then going to my parents to watch the coronation! 🇬🇧 I can’t wait to see it all unfold. What a moment in history it will be. I’m nearly 30 so I think I’ll see one or two more coronations but my parents might only see Charles. This is their first coronation too! My 3 yo will see a lot more. I hope I live long enough to see Wills and Kates coronation 😁

Reactions: 6

Yel

I put the UHD coverage on the iPlayer. Even though my TV supports UHD it just looks the same as the HD coverage to me. 😂
We've got a 65" TV and I looked up when we got it and you need to sit about 1m from it to see the difference between 4k and 1080. Even then it's barely noticeable.

Yeah but tbf they couldn’t hang around too long waiting to do it, Charlie isn’t getting any younger is he? :/
Yeah there is that. They did mention that it may be possibility that Charles hands the reins over to William in a few years. Camilla doesn't seem to be in the best of health and she's always by his side, so how long would he want to continue without the both of them being fit enough to do so.

Yeah there is that. They did mention that it may be possibility that Charles hands the reins over to William in a few years. Camilla doesn't seem to be in the best of health and she's always by his side, so how long would he want to continue without the both of them being fit enough to do so.
Yeah I agree, I think this will be a fairly short reign to be honest, although I don’t think he will step aside. I do think this is a pretty big job to be starting in your 70’s. I doubt he will live as long as his parents (I don’t mean that to sound heartless).

Reactions: 4
It's looking quite grey, maybe it's apt that there will be heavy rain for hours from 1.

Ah well at least they're not cloud seeding like they do in Russia and China for events.
Cloud seeding is very popular in SE Asia. We’ve had it the last few weeks as we are running low on water

Can we have a ballot for one of us to keep our Crown after the coronation? I'm rather fond of mine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.