The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Felt a bit flat with them on the balcony, not sure if the weather has dampened the mood? I didn’t like that Kate, William and their kids were over on the other side either.
Maybe it's his age 😬. I thought they'd be a bit more energetic (and maybe that might help with mood) but I forget he's in his 70s.

Reactions: 3
I've been following along with this thread. My sole contribution is we didn't see Seamus the irish wolfhound 😭. I love all the pomp of events like this though. All the military on show, the music, the horses, the history behind the rituals.

Reactions: 10
Ah I didn't know that - it is a bit pot meet kettle, they all seem to be experiencing some follicle freedom.
From an article:
“I looked at Willy, really looked at him, perhaps for the first time since we were little, taking in every detail: his familiar scowl, which had always been the norm in his dealings with me,” Harry wrote, adding that William’s baldness was “alarming” and more “advanced than mine.” He also thought that William’s resemblance to their mother, Princess Diana, had “faded.”

“My dear brother, my archenemy, how did we come to this?” he allegedly wrote. “I felt overwhelming tiredness. I wanted to go home.”

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m 28 and my arthritis wouldn’t have managed wearing those heavy robes and that crown! My joints would have crumpled and I’d have fallen asleep by now, so I can imagine Charles is in need of a good nap soon 😂 I need one just watching this

• Heart
Charlies didn't look like he wanted to get off the balcony at the end. Bless him!
I liked that he was about to go in, stopped and turned around so it was just him to take it all in. He’s been waiting decades for this bless him. I absolutely loved the Queen and am impartial when it comes to Charles but it must be so overwhelmingly having lost his mother less than a year ago and knowing she wasn’t there to see it (not that she ever would have as I never seen her stepping down at all)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Jeeze Harry shouldn't have bothered his hole.
What was the point in attending when the world knows they've had a rift.

Reactions: 13
I agree! That’s why I feel safe posting here as a Meghan “fan” 😅 this thread seems quite neutral from what I’ve seen regarding H&M and the RF in general . Yes the odd snark comment about Harry or the RF on the whole but it’s nice in my view. I’ve stumbled on other threads today on other sites and they’ve been vile 😬
It’s been great! I love these live commentary threads. The I’m a Celeb one was fun in November (other than a small bit of Matt Hancock wars) and the Happy Valley one was great too. It’s nice for people from all sides of the fence to get together and enjoy something every once in a while 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
From an article:
“I looked at Willy, really looked at him, perhaps for the first time since we were little, taking in every detail: his familiar scowl, which had always been the norm in his dealings with me,” Harry wrote, adding that William’s baldness was “alarming” and more “advanced than mine.” He also thought that William’s resemblance to their mother, Princess Diana, had “faded.”

“My dear brother, my archenemy, how did we come to this?” he allegedly wrote. “I felt overwhelming tiredness. I wanted to go home.”
At least he recognised that he too is balding 😂. And I do think William was very handsome when he was younger but now I wonder what has happened. His jaw seems to have changed shape.

Reactions: 1
How come Edward's kids get to be included in the procession and the balcony appearance? They're not working royals any more than Beatrice and Eugenie. Is it just because they're accompanying their parents?
---
At least he recognised that he too is balding 😂. And I do think William was very handsome when he was younger but now I wonder what has happened. His jaw seems to have changed shape.
He's turning into his uncle Edward. I still think he looks good with a hat on though.
I think Harry is almost as bald as William but he still has a bit in front so it's the aerial shots that get him. I think he'd look better if he kept the whole lot cut tight too though.

Reactions: 6
How come Edward's kids get to be included in the procession and the balcony appearance? They're not working royals any more than Beatrice and Eugenie. Is it just because they're accompanying their parents?
Yes I think it because they are accompanying their parents. Same as the Wales children really who also don’t ‘work’ for the Firm as yet. I think James is still at school.
Beatrice and Eugenie have jobs, I think they are what H&M wanted with their half in and out role proposal but since Andrew has stopped being a working royal they have disappeared now

Reactions: 2
---

He's turning into his uncle Edward. I still think he looks good with a hat on though.
I think Harry is almost as bald as William but he still has a bit in front so it's the aerial shots that get him. I think he'd look better if he kept the whole lot cut tight too though.
I don't understand why they don't just rock the bald look and take the rest off, it would be so much better than looking like someone's gone awry with a lawnmower.

• Haha
The whole thing felt very ‘Flat’ to me. The best part was the music in the abbey, as always the acoustics in that building are fantastic and of course Zadok the Priest always sounds amazing. But yeah, meh. Maybe it’s just me?

Reactions: 12
Yes I think it because they are accompanying their parents. Same as the Wales children really who also don’t ‘work’ for the Firm as yet. I think James is still at school.
Beatrice and Eugenie have jobs, I think they are what H&M wanted with their half in and out role proposal but since Andrew has stopped being a working royal they have disappeared now
Louise is technically an adult now though and James isn't far off it. The Wales children are a totally different level. It just seems mean to have them and not the other cousins.

Reactions: 1
My review of the Coronation.
5/10. Overhyped. Lots of gaps and too much music. Charles looked like a twonk in his golden bathrobe. Not enough sparkle. Some ladies dressed as if they were at the office. Pomp and ceremony with the armed forces was the best bit at the end. Wish they would stay in line better - need to take tips from Russia and North Korea. The exit from the Abbey was awkward. Louis annoys me.

(I was joking about Russia and N Korea - it’s just because their military parades are so symmetrical and ours was wibbly wobbly at times. I don’t think we should become N Korea or Russia. Chill Tattlers!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.