The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My review of the Coronation.
5/10. Overhyped. Lots of gaps and too much music. Charles looked like a twonk in his golden bathrobe. Not enough sparkle. Some ladies dressed as if they were at the office. Pomp and ceremony with the armed forces was the best bit at the end. Wish they would stay in line better - need to take tips from Russia and North Korea. The exit from the Abbey was awkward. Louis annoys me.
Not entirely sure Russia and North Korea are states we should be aiming to emulate 😕

Reactions: 10
See, I think we got our hopes up cos of the funeral, which was lethal. Hard to top that.

Reactions: 11
The problem is that he’s too old, too tainted by stuff that’s gone on in the past (and yes I know it wasn’t all him) and he’s just not his mum who was always going to be a very hard act to follow. He lacks her charisma and air of mystery. Ive also heard so many people say that they’d be interested if it were William being crowned.

Very facile point but….

The choir singing was amazing, however if you were the parents of the young lad who appeared to have a bird’s nest/ Mr Whippy hair arrangement would it have killed them to introduce him to a hairdresser, before his visage was beamed across world.

I did expect a bit more.. not sure what … but felt fairly lacklustre. What did they do when they went behind the screen… were they signing something/ having a quick fag/ nibbling some sustainable caviar? At one point I think they had a rest.

Charles has had the longest apprenticeship in history, let’s hope GNVQ level 2 in being a King actually pays off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is there no like party or anything? I could have sworn I read there would be performances from Take That???

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed the coronation, probably the only one I will ever see, no 21 gun salute
which was disappointing.

According to the Daily Mail people were complaining about the sound on the BBC
coverage. I had no problems, don't know why people are complaining unless they
were watching it via streaming services. I watched some on freeview and on SKY
all on BBC1, no issues.

Seeing Floella Benjamin was a real delight for me, that woman never seems to
age at all. I don't know what her role was but I was so happy to see her there.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not entirely sure Russia and North Korea are states we should be aiming to emulate 😕
Ya I wouldn't like to think why those soldiers are so good at marching. I don't think a coronation is going to top a wedding or a funeral because it doesn't have the same emotional aspect. People can't connect to it in the same way they could with a wedding or a funeral either because we'll never have one ourselves. That and the fact that Charles is in the same position now that he's been in since the Queen died so there's no big change. It was still a good show though.

Reactions: 12
I think the concert is tomorrow - at least I read that Katy Perry would be performing tomorrow.

Reactions: 4
See, I think we got our hopes up cos of the funeral, which was lethal. Hard to top that.
Very true. The sight of the young naval officers, including women, pulling the gun carriage was something else.

Reactions: 3
Didn’t realise there was another thread, wondered why no one had posted in the RF thread😂

Was great to watch, shame no tiaras but the flower pieces Kate and Charlotte wore were cute and matching, but did feel awkward at some points. I don’t think Camilla covered herself in grace today, looked bored a lot of the time, messing with her hair when the crown was put on and felt a bit awkward when she was talking to the young boys in the balcony. My boyfriend doesn’t really know much about her and was asking what her problem is and said she could do with getting some energy. Would have looked better on the balcony without her if she was gonna be so half arsed about it. We made the comment as well that because it was so toned back with day dresses it made Charles stick out and look a bit out of place.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t realise there was another thread, wondered why no one had posted in the RF thread😂

Was great to watch, shame no tiaras but the flower pieces Kate and Charlotte wore were cute and matching, but did feel awkward at some points. I don’t think Camilla covered herself in grace today, looked bored a lot of the time, messing with her hair when the crown was put on and felt a bit awkward when she was talking to the young boys in the balcony. My boyfriend doesn’t really know much about her and was asking what her problem is and said she could do with getting some energy. Would have looked better on the balcony without her if she was gonna be so half arsed about it. We made the comment as well that because it was so toned back with day dresses it made Charles stick out and look a bit out of place.
She was probably so nervous and still worried about opinions of her?
I’ve seen people on my Facebook sharing pictures of Diana saying it should have been your day

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.