The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t realise there was another thread, wondered why no one had posted in the RF thread😂

Was great to watch, shame no tiaras but the flower pieces Kate and Charlotte wore were cute and matching, but did feel awkward at some points. I don’t think Camilla covered herself in grace today, looked bored a lot of the time, messing with her hair when the crown was put on and felt a bit awkward when she was talking to the young boys in the balcony. My boyfriend doesn’t really know much about her and was asking what her problem is and said she could do with getting some energy. Would have looked better on the balcony without her if she was gonna be so half arsed about it. We made the comment as well that because it was so toned back with day dresses it made Charles stick out and look a bit out of place.
The boys on the balcony are her Grandsons and it looked like she was advising them where to stand. They’re hardly seasoned royalty!

Reactions: 8
I enjoyed the coronation, probably the only one I will ever see, no 21 gun salute
which was disappointing.

According to the Daily Mail people were complaining about the sound on the BBC
coverage. I had no problems, don't know why people are complaining unless they
were watching it via streaming services. I watched some on freeview and on SKY
all on BBC1, no issues.

Seeing Floella Benjamin was a real delight for me, that woman never seems to
age at all. I don't know what her role was but I was so happy to see her there.
We were watching the BBC and had a couple of sound issues.

Its an odd one isnt it, the edited highlights are going to make it look exciting,
But there were long gaps inbetween things happening, and it must have been strange to be inside the abbey itself and hardly able to see anything much going on by the altar!!

And its fairly likely not to be the only coronation that I will see! How much longer do we expect a 74 year old man to be alive?

Reactions: 3
Didn’t realise there was another thread, wondered why no one had posted in the RF thread😂

Was great to watch, shame no tiaras but the flower pieces Kate and Charlotte wore were cute and matching, but did feel awkward at some points. I don’t think Camilla covered herself in grace today, looked bored a lot of the time, messing with her hair when the crown was put on and felt a bit awkward when she was talking to the young boys in the balcony. My boyfriend doesn’t really know much about her and was asking what her problem is and said she could do with getting some energy. Would have looked better on the balcony without her if she was gonna be so half arsed about it. We made the comment as well that because it was so toned back with day dresses it made Charles stick out and look a bit out of place.
I agree with you about Camilla…too much fidgeting and chatting not very regal at all.

Reactions: 4

Camilla was a bit odd. Fiddling with her bloody hair and sitting looking off to the side a lot of the time 😂
I enjoyed all the music tbh, seemed a real connection to coronations from centuries ago. The Greek music was from the 5th century or something like that.
It did all feel a bit strange without the Queen. She had been at the heart of these ceremonies for so long.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think it could have done with more of a personal touch from Charles. I understand that’s not traditional but it would have been nice to hear more from him about what he hopes to do to serve the country. Although I tuned out towards the end to watch the fly past IRL so maybe I missed something?

Did my own research and Lambrook school is the one the Wales's kids go to. £7k a term. 😳

Obviously it is a lot of money (and I would like to know whether it’s taxpayers’ money or not), but tbh for a private school it’s not that outrageous. There are influencers with threads on here who went to dearer schools and who act like they are average joes! It’s a crazy world.

She was probably so nervous and still worried about opinions of her?
I’ve seen people on my Facebook sharing pictures of Diana saying it should have been your day
I keep seeing things about Diana as well, even if she was still alive, they were divorced so she was never going to be queen anyway. Lucky if she got an invite 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any time I’ve watched Royal Weddings/funerals/etc half the family look bored out their mind, so would I be, she was probably overwhelmed as well and maybe never thought this day would happen. It was funny watching her fiddle with her hair, I do it a lot when I’m nervous, just shows they’re only human. Yes she’s been part of the family for a long time now but it’s still overwhelming when all eyes are on you when she will be very aware many of the public have negative feelings about them both.

Reactions: 11
My review of the Coronation.
5/10. Overhyped. Lots of gaps and too much music. Charles looked like a twonk in his golden bathrobe. Not enough sparkle. Some ladies dressed as if they were at the office. Pomp and ceremony with the armed forces was the best bit at the end. Wish they would stay in line better - need to take tips from Russia and North Korea. The exit from the Abbey was awkward. Louis annoys me.

(I was joking about Russia and N Korea - it’s just because their military parades are so symmetrical and ours was wibbly wobbly at times. I don’t think we should become N Korea or Russia. Chill Tattlers!)
All that gold and those jewels not enough sparkle for you? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Camilla was a bit odd. Fiddling with her bloody hair and sitting looking off to the side a lot of the time 😂
I enjoyed all the music tbh, seemed a real connection to coronations from centuries ago. The Greek music was from the 5th century or something like that.
It did all feel a bit strange without the Queen. She had been at the heart of these ceremonies for so long.
I got the feeling Camilla was likely in pain - she was very stiff even before the crown was on, looked to be walking and sitting very stiffly.
If she was on opiates for pain, a common side effect is itching, often of the head. She looked with the hair fussing like she was scratching or struggling not to.

I could be wrong, but yeah. I suspect she was going through it to get through the day.

Reactions: 10
I got the feeling Camilla was likely in pain - she was very stiff even before the crown was on, looked to be walking and sitting very stiffly.
If she was on opiates for pain, a common side effect is itching, often of the head. She looked with the hair fussing like she was scratching or struggling not to.

I could be wrong, but yeah. I suspect she was going through it to get through the day.
She loves walking. Keeps herself supple and fit to try to avoid osteoporosis that her mother and grandmother suffered from. Let’s not forget she’s 75. I’m in my 50’s and already getting stiff, aching joints!

Reactions: 7
She loves walking. Keeps herself supple and fit to try to avoid osteoporosis that her mother and grandmother suffered from. Let’s not forget she’s 75. I’m in my 50’s and already getting stiff, aching joints!
Anne is in her seventies as well and rode a horse back to the palace!
You can’t say she didn’t know this might happen, Charles has been heir since he was three years old. It’s not an accident or surprise he became king. She’s had years to duck out of the situation if she didn’t want to do it

Reactions: 2
People seem to think she doesn’t like all the pomp and ceremony. Charles is all about the pomp, by default she must like it otherwise she could have ended things years ago. She is now a Queen. That must take some sinking in for her enemies

Camilla was absent from both the big receptions yesterday to mark the coronation, I don’t think her health is anywhere near as good as Charles’s

Reactions: 10
I think it could have done with more of a personal touch from Charles. I understand that’s not traditional but it would have been nice to hear more from him about what he hopes to do to serve the country. Although I tuned out towards the end to watch the fly past IRL so maybe I missed something?

Obviously it is a lot of money (and I would like to know whether it’s taxpayers’ money or not), but tbh for a private school it’s not that outrageous. There are influencers with threads on here who went to dearer schools and who act like they are average joes! It’s a crazy world.
No ITS NOT tax payers money for the school fees it has been reported that Charles paid for it out his private income from the duchy of Cornwall

Camilla was absent from both the big receptions yesterday to mark the coronation, I don’t think her health is anywhere near as good as Charles’s
I don’t think she has been right since she had Covid earlier in the year.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Well....we all now know that it seems Wallis Simpson would have preferred to stay with her husband and not been with the Duke Of Windsor. How do we know there isn't an element of that with Camilla? She divorced but she chose to marry someone else in the first place because she isn't really the royal type, l don't think. It doesn't come as naturally to her as it seems to with Sophie, for example.

• Wow
Don’t really get the whole ‘it should be your day, Diana! 🥺🥺🥺’ thing. She wanted out of that institution, idk why they want for her what she didn’t want for herself before she was tragically killed.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well....we all now know that it seems Wallis Simpson would have preferred to stay with her husband and not been with the Duke Of Windsor. How do we know there isn't an element of that with Camilla? She divorced but she chose to marry someone else in the first place because she isn't really the royal type, l don't think. It doesn't come as naturally to her as it seems to with Sophie, for example.
WE need to remember :
her age
health after covid
There will /have been many hundreds of millions watching all over the world so nerves would be high.
This has been months of planning.
I think she is a warm caring person that really does not need the media or cameras around her as she is doing her charity work.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.