The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello guys,
German tattler here who watches the coronation on German tv.
Can anyone explain me why Camilla became a queen now but the husband of queen elizabeth was just a prince?
The traditional system where the woman takes the man's title but not the other way around. The title of King Consort could have been bestowed upon him if agreed by the late Queen, but it was rather rare to do that.

Reactions: 1
Hello guys,
German tattler here who watches the coronation on German tv.
Can anyone explain me why Camilla became a queen now but the husband of queen elizabeth was just a prince?
Because Queen isn’t high ranking like a King and she WAAAAS supposed to be Queen Consort because Charles isn’t her first husband but Charles doesn’t care about old rules so made her Queen. Not that really anyone wants that from her, pretty sure when they married they said she’d never become a Queen as part of their acceptance to be married. I may be wrong? But that feels about right?

Reactions: 4
Just had some fish and chips delivered to eat whilst I watch the procession.

Today hasn’t been as bad as I feared. I had been dreading this weekend. We’re burying my dear Grandma next Friday. It’s bittersweet as I know how much she would’ve loved to watch this. We were debating whether to have the funeral yesterday or not but I think we’ve made the right call. Celebrating the coronation would’ve felt very wrong.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Can’t get over how adorable the Charlotte-Kate combo is!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah I personally really enjoyed watching that with my family. We're now having afternoon tea which my younger siblings have been looking forward to! Royal events always make me feel really patriotic especially the national anthem which I know is not for everyone but I really like it!

Reactions: 11
Because Queen isn’t high ranking like a King and she WAAAAS supposed to be Queen Consort because Charles isn’t her first husband but Charles doesn’t care about old rules so made her Queen. Not that really anyone wants that from her, pretty sure when they married they said she’d never become a Queen as part of their acceptance to be married. I may be wrong? But that feels about right?
The late Queen said she wanted Camilla to be known as Queen Consort,this was announced at her Jubilee.

Reactions: 5
I’d love an insight into how the Royals explain everything to their kids - especially the Wales’. Where would you even start

Reactions: 15
Queen Consort is the position she has but she is legally Queen Camilla. wouldn't things have to be changed, to officially title her 'Queen Consort Camilla'? Like how Prince Albert was nothing then Prince Consort by Letters Patent or something.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.