The Coronation of King Charles III #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do locals see the Royals out and about? Do they have any normality, popping into tesco etc?
Yes, there have been several photos where they do normal things like going to horse trials, country fairs…and shopping…

IMG_6565.jpeg
IMG_6558.jpeg
IMG_6567.jpeg
IMG_6568.jpeg
IMG_6569.jpeg
IMG_6570.jpeg
IMG_6571.jpeg
IMG_6572.jpeg
IMG_6566.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Yel

The king and queen were definitely early, several commentators said it yesterday.

Were supposed to get there at 10:53 but arrived around five mins early. Not surprising with how the horses were acting.
Screenshot_20230507_194343_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 4
I wish they had a better line up for this concert, or non at all. It looks really lame. And it’s very British/American heavy when Charles is meant to be the head of state for 14 commonwealth countries. No wonder they are fed up with us because we do F all.
Yeah some Ozzy guy was on radio talking about this. He said the coronation was a bit of a let down when it come to representing and acknowledging the 14 other realms that the king is head of.

He has to do better in reaching out and them to feel important to him otherwise the people of said countries grow less interested and the monarchy will suffer.

A few of the Caribbean countries are already looking to remove him as head, so the next decade will be interesting to see if the monarchy can keep the commonwealth on side.
---
It’s easier to just google ‘royal equerry’!
Yeah you're right. I was being lazy lol

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Interesting. So are they equivalent to a lady in waiting? Man in waiting if you will? Lol
Sort of, but much more. Major (now Lt. Colonel) Johnny's job with her late majesty shows it all quite well. Being there, helping with things, being a steadying arm when needed, arranging things.

Do locals see the Royals out and about? Do they have any normality, popping into tesco etc?
I have family living near Windsor and my cousin was at a park with her family last weekend and William, Kate and the children were there at the same time.

Reactions: 7
Reactions: 2
Ugh I was allowed to watch all day yesterday so this evening I have to give up the telly for the Miami Grand Prix 😒😭 you win some, you lose some lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I thought it would start straightaway but we have to have 20 mins of small talk first 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.