The Circle UK #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know people don't like Manrika and she is incredibly two-faced, but I just love how entertaining she is.

Tally on the other hand does my head in. She looks like that tall skinny girl who was in Drifters/Inbetweeners Movie.

James/Gemma needs to go, he's so annoyingly smug and too confident in his decisions which are stupid. It's also never sat right with me that he's pretending to be an NHS nurse.

I love Andy, I think he will go far. He's one of the only ones not playing a game and just wants to catch the catfish. Also he looks like Example.

Just wish Scott had gone in as himself, he'd get a lot further. Younger people playing older people never get far.

Reactions: 7
Andy's speaking voice is identical to Frank Skinner. I can't not hear it. Really hope they have blocked Gemma. I felt so sorry for Billy tonight. I know it was a task that Hunter had to do etc, but he was coming off as a twit before being made the assassin.

I agree with the pp who said that as annoying as Manshrieka is, she's not as bad as Tally... and she is giving decent tv.

Hashu is just a legend though. Those questions to Felix were pure gold. And the house keys comment re Yolanda was hilarious. Hope he finds himself a 🔥🔥🔥 girlfriend after this. He's too good for Manshrieka.

This was filmed a while back, wasn't it?

Reactions: 7
Anybody else getting the feeling that Manrika might think that Billy is a catfish because he's a young lad and hasn't tried to crack on with her? It might be kinda baseless but that's the impression I've gotten from the whole thing so far.

I feel so bad for Billy! Doesn't help that he's very likeable - I can't believe they think he's his mum based on not having any sob story to tell and because he likes trainers and football??? Sounds like a normal 19yr lad to me? 😅😂

I started off not being a fan of Tally and preferring Manrika but it's the opposite now. Manrika is arrogant and annoying as duck & coming across as a real bitchy girl whereas I think Tally is just a little bit dim but ppssibly generally quite a nice girl who maaaaaybe is just a little bit too easily influenced by bitchy girls? (judging by her alliance with Manrika).

I really like Hashu, his Syed Character is good but I feel he would have been much more entertaining as himself. He's funny but also seems like a really nice, genuine young lad.

Natalya(sp?) definitely would have been accused of catfishing if she went in as herself. She's gorgeous and got more than a bit about her, the other girls (the geezer gals ofc) wouldn't have taken to that well imo.

Scott would have done better as himself. Maybe. Not sure he's interesting either way, yet.

Gemma I can take or leave - he isn't playing a woman convincingly at all though.

Andy is very likeable but also pretty vanilla. I feel for him with his bowel removal but also kinda sick of him trying to pry some sort of similar story out of the others?

I like Vithun ...don't really have much else to say on that lol.

Billy & Hashu/Syed are my favourites so far, hoping Billy stays! I wish those two pair of idiots would stop with the #geezergals shite - it's annoying/cringey as duck and tbh, neither of them come across to me at all like tomboys in any way - they seem very typical femme bitchy types that only put on the "Geezer" shite for male attention and peer approval....

That's my essay. Send.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'd never watched the circle before the celebrity edition but I've stuck with this series.

I think Hunter has gone in thinking that being a nurse during covid is all he needs to win. He doesn't seem to have thought about developing any personality for Gemma at all, and the other night when he started his crusade against Billy and kept saying BIG LETTERS was grating, not to mention totally out of any character we'd seen.

Manshrieka (kudos for that 😂) would eat herself if she could.

Some of the lines Hashu is coming out with are hilarious, I think he just needed a bit of time to settle.

I think I must be alone in not liking Scott.

I wish those two pair of idiots would stop with the #geezergals shite - it's annoying/cringey as duck and tbh, neither of them come across to me at all like tomboys in any way - they seem very typical femme bitchy types that only put on the "Geezer" shite for male attention and peer approval....
Tomboys and geezer gals are totally not the same thing in my mind.

Reactions: 6
I bleeping hate this show, it’s tragic, but also I bleeping love this show.....I think syed is brilliant 😂 and as much as I dislike manrika shes needed on the show.

You just know manrika and tally are those girls
- side eye face
- Eye roll face
- Hashtag why the duck am I watching this ON CATCH UP when I miss an episode
- Laughing face emoji

send.

(Does some weird as duck hand actions like manrika)

I stayed up just for this stupid cliffhanger
All 4 😂 I can’t be doing with Willis or the ads.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've just caught up - I really hope Billy isn't blocked. I find Gemma/Hunter just tooooo smug and toooo confident and really cringe. I hope she/he gets caught out next.

Reactions: 6
I'm only on episode 3, but I don't understand why the boy catfishing as Syed has to put that Indian accent on everytime he types a message? Irritates me as if it were a white man catfishing as an Indian man doing that accent I don't doubt that people would complain about it.

Isn't Manrika quite well known on TikTok?

Reactions: 1
I can't see the fact Gemma is a catfish and not an actual nurse going down well at all when they find out. It seems really bad taste to go down that route with everything going on, regardless of what he was planning with the money.

Reactions: 8
Every time this show starts I tell myself I'm not watching it, and then somehow get sucked in and end up rating them all.

Manrika - cba
Tally - cba, too much screaming, nothing to say for these two
Andy - playing the standard "nice guy". Someone mentioned he sounds like Frank Skinner and I can't hear anything else now. He does seem genuinely nice though.
Hunter/Gemma - he should have gone in as himself. He's not really got Gemma's character nailed and that's always the issue when someone goes in as a catfish. I'm not really bothered about someone pretending to be a nurse (it's a game show) but he's set her up as being too perfect and you can see people aren't buying it.
Vithun - no strong feelings
Hashu/Syed - I think he's really funny but might struggle when the show progresses. There's only so much backstory you can give to a catfish. You could already see him struggling a bit with the chats with Andy and naturally, you're going to feel a bit uncomfortable developing a friendship as a catfish. So it might hold him back.
Dorothy - just no. The guy playing her should have gone in as himself. Or at least made her a bit younger than 85. Just not believable at all.
Felix - I quite like Natalya and she seems really interesting. The "geezer girls" would dislike her though, cause you know exactly how they are. Not sure how Felix will do.
Billy - I almost forgot him. He's fine. I don't have much to say about a 19 year old.

I'm only on episode 3, but I don't understand why the boy catfishing as Syed has to put that Indian accent on everytime he types a message? Irritates me as if it were a white man catfishing as an Indian man doing that accent I don't doubt that people would complain about it.
Tbh I see this as him being in character. Hashu is Bangladeshi, Syed is his uncle so quite different from a white man playing a Bangladeshi man. I don't think he's doing it to cause disrespect, he said something about wanting to show first-gen migrants in a different light which is a fair point.

Oh mate. Why are they such witches!?!
Tally very clearly all mouth and very easily manipulated by anyone she thinks is her friend. Manrika clearly thinks she's a leader and definitely thinks behaving like a 'geezer girl' makes her appear edgy, strong and independent , rather than a complete muppet

If Manrika wins the show I’m gonna kick the duck off
Once the show progresses, I can see her turning on Tally, she's desperate to win and not ever her geezer girl will stand in her way. Can't wait to see her face when she learns Felix is a woman lol

He does the accent so he remembers to play the character and not just divulge his undying love for Manrika.

It's not any different to an actor adopting an accent other than their own for a part, and no one seems to take umbridge with that unless it crosses the ethnicity line (rightly so).

Reactions: 13
He does the accent so he remembers to play the character and not just divulge his undying love for Manrika.

It's not any different to an actor adopting an accent other than their own for a part, and no one seems to take umbridge with that unless it crosses the ethnicity line (rightly so).
I hadn't thought about it in the respect of an actor doing it, makes sense.

Reactions: 4
Tomboys and geezer gals are totally not the same thing in my mind.
Oh, what's the distinction please?

I thought the difference to be like actual tomboys who genuinely enjoy football and interests deemed more "for men" but without making it their whole personality and then "geezer girls" as being more of faux tomboy, a "look at me, I drink pints & eat curries, aren't I just so DiFfeReNt from other girls" types...

Apologies if this is genuinely just wrong and not open to personal interpretation, I wasn't trying to offend anhbody. I have never actually known anybody who genuinely uses this phrase tbh.

Reactions: 2
I think Syed would have been better off going in as himself, I think he's quite endearing and quite funny but without trying to be funny? Like last night when he knew the answer was "Baby one more time" and then he realised he was Syed and couldn't give the answer. I find him really endearing as himself.

Oh, what's the distinction please?

I thought the difference to be like actual tomboys who genuinely enjoy football and interests deemed more "for men" but without making it their whole personality and then "geezer girls" as being more of faux tomboy, a "look at me, I drink pints & eat curries, aren't I just so DiFfeReNt from other girls" types...

Apologies if this is genuinely just wrong and not open to personal interpretation, I wasn't trying to offend anhbody. I have never actually known anybody who genuinely uses this phrase tbh.
I think I just maybe read your post in the wrong way because your distinction is more along the lines of what I'd agree with.

Geezer girls to me are just lairy and everything tomboys wouldn't want to be associated with.

Reactions: 1
I just caught up I have to say I just hate the BB style twists they're doing like the secret assassin and targeting people the show was much better when they just let the contestants make up their own minds about things without having do to stupid things to sabotage one another

Reactions: 14
‘Gemma’ will go next if she survives this time. I didn’t like this twist as I don’t think there will be anyway for ‘Gemma’ to survive after the next blocking.
Billy was the easiest for her to get blocked this time but by doing what she’s done she’ll get blocked next anyway I reckon. Even if whoever she picked was a catfish and she got them blocked everyone would’ve seen that side of her, the side tryna get people blocked, which I think will make them want to block her regardless.

finally caught up after my night shift, hate not being able to talk about it in real time!

Gemma/Hunter is doing my absolute tits in, If that’s the way he goes on in real life I wonder if he has any friends. i Don’t even think he knows how to actually converse with people. With all the other catfishes in previous series I can picture the characters and stuff but he has done absolutely nothing to give Gemma a personality But I think that’s because he doesn’t have one himself.
I really want someone to ask him some medical questions as if I remember there was someone pretending to be a doctor in the first series and they got caught out straight away.

Im enjoying syed/Andy/billy. Hope they stay and tally even though I want to bleach my ears after every episode to get rid of the after effects of her screeching

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.