The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This framing fiasco! The walls are covered with her father's art - where the heck is she pretending they're going to go???? And have any, of all the many many that have been sent, been spied actually hanging anywhere?

Reactions: 6
A mystery to be solved.... In one very negative comments, someone called Stephanie "Madame Bouguet'.
I fail to understand the subtlety.
Is Madame Bouguet a famous character in the Anglo-Saxon literature/cinema/comedy ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is she referencing Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet!) in Keeping Up Appearances? Brilliantly funny old TV show in UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well there is one thing Stephanie is definitely not - and that is a snob.

Reactions: 9
OMG, I've started watching the Cadeaux at the Chateau video. Had to stop. Maybe I'll watch the rest of it tonight if I'm brave enough.
The mood is soooo awkward !
Isabelle looks annoyed, Selmar grumpy, Philip embarrassed.
Natti and Stephanie do their best laughing, joking and saying Oh that's wonderful.
And Steve the new cameraman is as gifted as I would be filming and editing.
Maybe the mood goes better and better at the end of the video.

• Haha
  • Heart
OMG, I've started watching the Cadeaux at the Chateau video. Had to stop. Maybe I'll watch the rest of it tonight if I'm brave enough.
The mood is soooo awkward !
Isabelle looks annoyed, Selmar grumpy, Philip embarrassed.
Natti and Stephanie do their best laughing, joking and saying Oh that's wonderful.
And Steve the new cameraman is as gifted as I would be filming and editing.
Maybe the mood goes better and better at the end of the video.
It doesn’t. The video actually ends quite abruptly. About half the length of recent gift-fests. I wouldn’t be surprised if the gift channel is quietly wound down.

Be brave @Calvignac 🤣 there’s about awful lot of cringe yet to enjoy 😆

It doesn’t. The video actually ends quite abruptly. About half the length of recent gift-fests. I wouldn’t be surprised if the gift channel is quietly wound down.
Which would be a blessing 🙏🏻 Yet how would be get our weekly cringe quota in? Maybe the Facebook comments 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I wondered whether in this recent Cadeaux there might have been a little ‘overacting’ from Stephanie?? Made the others feel uncomfortable being part of it?? I know now why I find it cring making- when I get a gift and inside I’m thinking "great, yet another set of soap" I always over enthuse to hide the disappointment. Last nights episode was me one disappointing Christmas-like looking in a mirror🤭

(-oh and I’m no prude but what a hideous apron!)

As Stephanie has so many patrons I guess she's always trying to please everyone which is very difficult. A lot of us cringe through Cadeaux at the Chateau whereas the patrons just love seeing their expensive gifts getting opened. I've noticed that Stephanie tries to share things out as much as possible as I think she is embarrassed by the amount of stuff she receives. I'm a bit envious actually as I do love nice gin, soap, bath oil, chocolates etc and wish I had so many arriving on a daily basis!

Not much sign of Hanni and Kat in the last few episodes. I wonder what tonight has in store. If Michael Potts is there, I wonder if we'll spot Ruth in the background now she's gone all camera shy on us.

Reactions: 8
I think even Stephanie must now be realising she's made a rod for her own back with filming the gift opening. In the live chat she said that this latest one isn't the one from last week that had to be re-shot - she is still working on that. And re the abrupt ending - she said that she filmed three cadeaux episodes in one go, but only afterwards discovered there was a problem with the audio on all of them. So they obviously just cut the footage off at an arbitrary point. The filming and editing by Steve is awful. He seems a nice guy, but did she get hoodwinked into thinking he was a professional?

Reactions: 12
Yes, as well as the very frosty dynamics tonight, the filming and editing is terrible. It may not be Steve's fault, who knows the real story, but the end result is really really poor.

But I like this one!

But I like this one!
I had a pop-up message saying nearly time for a new thread and this was my response to that @soll ! I did find this CATC less exhausting however and this format allowed a birds-eye view of the proceedings...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Did anyone else notice how untidy the laundry was looking (when Cat was pressing the napkins)? In as much as I found Tomas a bit over the top I appreciated how he’d organised the hell hole that was the laundry (I love a bit of organisation🤗). It makes my skin crawl to see how ‘untidy’ areas are in the chateau especially when it’s a b&b business. I wonder what the Hotel Inspector would make of it.....

Reactions: 14
I've come to the conclusion that the majority of those who comment on the increasingly ghastly present-unveiling are like piranha swirling in the dark waters of YouTube wanting their pound of flesh. Jostling for attention, a mutual appreciation and admiration society, showing self-satisfied, mock-humble pleasure at "their" gift, receiving gushing gratitude while Congratulating others whose presents are revealed and offering consolation to those who have (yet) to be so lucky.

Managing to do this while lambasting anybody who might dare comment in the negative. Unless it's about the quality of the video or the audio or both, in which case the wrath of super fans is directed at poor Steve, who obviously didn't realise that his skills needed to be that of an Oscar-winning cameraman and sound engineer.

I suppose Stephanie, being well brought-up...I can quite see that Isabel would have expected nothing less than good manners, feels she must thank every single person for every single present that is sent, some of it being absolute tat (but that's neither here nor there!). By starting the unwrapping and thanks yous on camera during lockdown she created a bit of a monster.

It now seems SO forced and lacking in spontaneity, like watching a village hall amateur dramatic society production. The answer, of course, is simply not to watch the cadeau cascade and let them get on with it!

(This is written with me on a fluffy cloud of tramadol, which is probably not the best moment to try and cobble together sensible thought!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe we’re almost ready for a new thread! How about The Chateau Diaries #2 Fawning, fabric and the fabulous Stephanie?

Reactions: 11
I can’t believe we’re almost ready for a new thread! How about The Chateau Diaries #2 Fawning, fabric and the fabulous Stephanie?
How does this work ? Do we have to register again to this new thread ?

Reactions: 5
This framing fiasco! The walls are covered with her father's art - where the heck is she pretending they're going to go???? And have any, of all the many many that have been sent, been spied actually hanging anywhere?
yeah, on the attic walls 🤣 next attraction for fanatics, the Lalande Museum of forgotten gifts

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
How does this work ? Do we have to register again to this new thread ?
I think we all vote on what title we’d like. Then when we hit 50 pages someone who has the access can create a new thread. I’m sure I saw a create thread option earlier, I’ll look into it 😃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.