The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we all vote on what title we’d like. Then when we hit 50 pages someone who has the access can create a new thread. I’m sure I saw a create thread option earlier, I’ll look into it 😃
[/QUOTE]

I think it needs the word mystery or mysterious in there somewhere 🤣

Reactions: 7
I have just found this forum after looking for a while to find some comments that echo what I think of the CD. and now It seems time's up for a new thread! So what can It be? I stumbled on the Diaries after watching the Strawbridges & though I'm not mad on chateaux or Spode or Toile de Jouy in any form I've been really entertained by Stephanie and the people around her as I see all of you have too. I was fascinated by the backstories of the others who started their own channels even though the quality isn't in the same league as hers - as you mentioned more effort goes into producing and editing than some of them thought. Doing It Ourselves & the Pethericks should be renamed Pa Petherick as he seems to be doing most of the actual work and not peering at rusty old bits of Aga.He was the only one of the family dancing at their 'party' too.However Michael has a close, supportive family and even a grandmother with a cottage overflowing with Spode. PoorTomas got a lot of flak (which I hadn't known) for his vlog, more amusing than his subsequent ones and didn't seem to be whingeing, rather showing the obvious side of a busy chateau. In fact one of my favourite scenes from a previous episode was Stephanie cooking dinner single handed for a workshop & then rush in, taking her apron off to sing in the opera. I wonder if Tomaz left because he couldn't go out to upload his videos. By the way I have never heard Stephanie complain about having to sit for ages even in the dark to upload and I often hope she is safe there. Hanni's satellite may have solved that problem. Hanni....no, enough for now - thanks to you all for this forum, good as the videos sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lalande - Chateau Diaries mysteries 😅
Ooh la la lets have some fun

The Chateau Diaries - No Time Like The Present

The Chateau Diaries - Peacocks, Volunteers and Sexual Intrigue

The Chateau Diaries - Escape to the Brocante DIY

The Chateau Diaries - The Mystery of the Missing Lake

FYI I have no idea how to start a new thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello from a long time lurker, glad to find so many like-minded folk. I have been spurred on to finally comment by the "Irish Mammy in France". How revoltingly twee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
What about. “Double Bubble, Toile and trouble” ( double bubble is slang for extra money in English for any of our lovely English second language Tattlers)

Sorry, this woman's voice annoys the hell out of me! :(
Will she be opening a Patreon page too?
Shat- O - la - fourg........

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry, this woman's voice annoys the hell out of me! :(
Will she be opening a Patreon page too?
Good grief that was awful to watch & what the hell is a Shat Ohhh

Ooh la la lets have some fun

The Chateau Diaries - No Time Like The Present

The Chateau Diaries - Peacocks, Volunteers and Sexual Intrigue

The Chateau Diaries - Escape to the Brocante DIY

The Chateau Diaries - The Mystery of the Missing Lake

FYI I have no idea how to start a new thread.
Love these, we had an only fools & horses theme with ma & pa Petherick & their merrymen (not merry Gwendoline) going a while ago too as they do Very little & want all the money! Brendas got a new word too (I just watched her video & my ears are still sore & my eyes 👀 ) she’s been visiting Shat O’s 🤣 I wonder if she dreams of being a Shat O Laine 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I have a theory that Philippe refuses to do anything round the house unless Stephanie is following him with a camera. I doubt there is anything romantic, unless it is from his side. The way he is conveniently interested in everything she loves. A complete yes man. Has anyone heard him disagree with her yet? Who do you reckon cleaned up from their little tea party in Sunday's vlog? My bet is Marie or Nattty. Definitely not Stephanie or Philip.
Bringing her flowers in bed? Come on. I have a theory that the less we see people in the vlog, the harder they work. So Nattalia and Marie and selmar slaving away.
PS Did anyone see where Kat said she wanted to be an actress? Wouldn't surprise me..
Lalande - Chateau Diaries mysteries 😅
Good grief that was awful to watch & what the hell is a Shat Ohhh

Love these, we had an only fools & horses theme with ma & pa Petherick & their merrymen (not merry Gwendoline) going a while ago too as they do Very little & want all the money! Brendas got a new word too (I just watched her video & my ears are still sore & my eyes 👀 ) she’s been visiting Shat O’s 🤣 I wonder if she dreams of being a Shat O Laine 😂
Made me laugh out loud, in bed 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Brenda is a real-life caricature of an unsophisticated Irish Mammy simply overwhelmed by everything she discovers abroad, and blissfully unaware of the likely reaction of others. Is there really a market for such drivel? If so it must be amongst those who have very narrow horizons and who haven't travelled widely - or at all!! The viewing stats will be interesting...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Unless it's about the quality of the video or the audio or both, in which case the wrath of super fans is directed at poor Steve, who obviously didn't realise that his skills needed to be that of an Oscar-winning cameraman and sound engineer.
I feel super sorry for Steve, he's only recently arrived, barely been in any videos, not put a foot wrong and seems sweet but the rabid fans want him swinging from a gibbet by the neck for the heinous crime of a few seconds out of focus footage. "Pardonnez-moi, monsieur. Je ne l’ai pas fait exprès" will no doubt be also his famous last utterance.

Reactions: 8
I think Chateau Diaries - Mysteries sums it all up!

Brenda - oh dear. Oh dear. 😖

Reactions: 5
PoorTomas got a lot of flak (which I hadn't known) for his vlog, more amusing than his subsequent ones and didn't seem to be whingeing, rather showing the obvious side of a busy chateau.
I agree, I think his video showed exactly what I expected volunteers to be doing - a few hours a day pitching in with cleaning, cooking, organising etc, with everyone given a list of jobs - it's 5 or 6 hours work and the rest of the day is your own, plus 2 days off a week as well. It's a working holiday and if you turn up with the right attitude it's a nice mix of hard work and plenty of fun. Volunteers seem to stay months and come back several times. It probably does appear to be unreasonable to people who have no concept of schemes like Workaway etc.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.