The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel super sorry for Steve, he's only recently arrived, barely been in any videos, not put a foot wrong and seems sweet but the rabid fans want him swinging from a gibbet by the neck for the heinous crime of a few seconds out of focus footage. "Pardonnez-moi, monsieur. Je ne l’ai pas fait exprès" will no doubt be also his famous last utterance.
Brilliant! I share the sorrow for Steve. Look up dear fellow - the superfan guillotine is hovering....

Umm, OK (ver 4, or 5, I can’t remember) 😬

The apron is HILARIOUS, not (in a juvenile, Benny Hill sort of manner)

95862254-8039-4C0D-9D01-8C14BDA4F9F6.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Brenda's put out a vlog!
Where do I start? So much material..........

What on earth makes this woman think that anyone is interested in watching a crappy slideshow of her boring, bang average holiday snaps overlaid with a migraine inducing trope-tastic soundtrack from cliché de musique française volume 1.

And how very dare she name her YT channel "Escape to Chateau de Lalande"!! She mentions CDL in the final 50 seconds of her video, reeling off a list of people eating dinner and showing 2 photos! I cannot stop laughing, it's just SO bizarre! She has been there once for like two nights yet her territorial possession of all things Lalande is off the charts now.

Poor Stephanie needs a trademark lawyer and a restraining order vite!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I googled “How to start a thread in Tattle Life” et voilà. ‘Select the suggestion with the most likes, best to do before it goes way over 1000 posts else great suggestions are lost.

If there's a good thread suggestion early on do repeat it on page 48 onwards so it isn't lost.

Go to the thread list for the right forum and click *post thread*’

PS New members can’t create threads.

I suggest:

“Chateau Diaries: fun and frolics with a soupçon of mystery“

Reactions: 7
Where do I start? So much material..........

What on earth makes this woman think that anyone is interested in watching a crappy slideshow of her boring, bang average holiday snaps overlaid with a migraine inducing trope-tastic soundtrack from cliché de musique française volume 1.

And how very dare she name her YT channel "Escape to Chateau de Lalande"!! She mentions CDL in the final 50 seconds of her video, reeling off a list of people eating dinner and showing 2 photos! I cannot stop laughing, it's just SO bizarre! She has been there once for like two nights yet her territorial possession of all things Lalande is off the charts now.

Poor Stephanie needs a trademark lawyer and a restraining order vite!
Unsurprisingly Brenda is hitching her wagon to The Chateau Diaries. Just like Tomaz did 😂 Wanna bet those two have loads in common? Maybe thats why they didn’t like each. Brenda has clearly tried to be Donegal's Marie Berry and that didn’t work.

Agree @PeacockQueen Stephanie could probably sic an intellectual property lawyer on Brenda.

Not only is Brenda’s video cringe, it’s boring. Brenda if you can’t be charming and witty, connect with your inner Hyacinth Bucket and set her free, then maybe we’ll watch.

New thread name:
The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie, Shat-O-Laine of Mysterious Money and Sexual Intrigue

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm hoping that someone will post a link to the new thread when it's created as I don't want to get left behind on my own here 😬

I only watched the first minute or two of Brenda's vlog then lost the will to live. @SableOnBlonde I didn't know Brenda had tried to launch herself as a Mary Berry style personality - do you have any links to this. Also Brenda said on facebook that her vehicle broke down in France (maybe the weight of all those flat caps took its toll) and she had to abandon it and have it transported all the way back to Donegal which must have cost a fortune but then she does appear to have very deep pockets.

Last night's Chateau Diaries was good I thought. Highlights were Nati's gravel raking outfit and Cat's dancing at the end. It was also great to see Dana - she is always entertaining. I thought Philippe looked a tad ridiculous raking in those boots but maybe he doesn't have many footwear options with him........

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And by the way, my favourite moment in the latest CATC episode is Stephanie’s mispronunciation of ‘facsimile’. So unexpected. So entertaining.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m happy with any title as long we can continue on this hilarious journey together. Thanks in advance to whoever sets it up 😘.

Reactions: 14
I'm hoping that someone will post a link to the new thread when it's created as I don't want to get left behind on my own here 😬

I only watched the first minute or two of Brenda's vlog then lost the will to live. @SableOnBlonde I didn't know Brenda had tried to launch herself as a Mary Berry style personality - do you have any links to this. Also Brenda said on facebook that her vehicle broke down in France (maybe the weight of all those flat caps took its toll) and she had to abandon it and have it transported all the way back to Donegal which must have cost a fortune but then she does appear to have very deep pockets.

Last night's Chateau Diaries was good I thought. Highlights were Nati's gravel raking outfit and Cat's dancing at the end. It was also great to see Dana - she is always entertaining. I thought Philippe looked a tad ridiculous raking in those boots but maybe he doesn't have many footwear options with him........
I’m referring to her cooking videos. Trying desperately to do wholesale, home cooked, classic food.....a la Mary Berry, but Brenda style - never in front of the camera. She is mysteriously camera shy.
Have no don't being Mary Berry would be her dream, except she's Hyacinth Bucket with less charm.

The boots are great for raking gravel, it’ll soften them. Riding boots (and various other tack) are meant to be worn and walked through muck or else they go stiff.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think the new thread title should start with The-chateau-diaries #2 so that newbies will realise there was a thread #1.
And that also helps us to be able to reference chateau diary rip-offs (hello Trotters, Ryan, Tomas, Brenda) without getting modded for going off topic.

So now we have a ‘Mummy’ and a ‘Mammy’ to contend with🙄🙄

Dreadful vlog (Brendas), butchering French and English pronunciation. Made both my eyes and ears hurt!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I think the new thread title should start with The-chateau-diaries #2 so that newbies will realise there was a thread #1.
And that also helps us to be able to reference chateau diary rip-offs (hello Trotters, Ryan, Tomas, Brenda) without getting modded for going off topic.
I agree. And keep it simple, the nice thing about here is not too much waffle. Let's keep it that way. So maybe this one again with a #2 would be best.
Steers clear of implied assumptions and allegations of finger pointing as well.

@La Brocanteuse how did she pronounce it - I missed that?
@Raspberrybrulee She pronounced it as ‘fack-see-mile’ - when she was reading out the letter that accompanied the illuminated manuscripts... Bit of a gaffe for someone with a degree in English!

@Raspberrybrulee He bought them at Emmaus - an earlier vlog!

@La Brocanteuse I guess that's what people do when they've just read a word but never heard it said by anyone else. I used to pronounce Behemoth and Segue incorrectly as I was familiar with reading them but until I heard someone say them in real life I just made the pronunciation up!

@La Brocanteuse I guess that's what people do when they've just read a word but never heard it said by anyone else. I used to pronounce Behemoth and Segue incorrectly as I was familiar with reading them but until I heard someone say them in real life I just made the pronunciation up!
@Raspberrybrulee Oh, I realised that and agree that it is easily done. A school friend was mortified in an exchange trip to Germany when asked to read out some English for the German children. He pronounced ‘subtle’ as ‘sub-till’ and went red
@Raspberrybrulee Oh, I realised that and agree that it is easily done. A school friend was mortified on an exchange trip to Germany when asked to read out some English for the German children. He pronounced ‘subtle’ as ‘sub-till’ and was corrected by the German teacher in front of everyone...
I actually think Stephanie is very brave to read out letters and open parcels without a preview!

New thread - Shat-O Lalande Mysteries - its biggest groupie must never be forgotten

Just joking - whatever you all decide and I can keep up - Chateau diaries 2 Is fine

Donegal should give Brenda an award for export drive -all those flat caps & scarves - I bet people say to men wearing them in France 'you must be a Lalander'. By the way , has Philippe got his yet? No Need to ask about Tomas...

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really enjoy the vlogs especially the older ones with Stephanie and Michael Petherick. They were fun videos and they seemed to be relaxed and enjoying their friendship. I love seeing work being done in and around
the chateau. The Chadeau unwrapped vlog is cringy and I hate every vlog with Hanni in it. If she's in many more, I'm going to stop watching. I've found her behaviour odd in a yuch way.

Reactions: 5
So far.. my thoughts
Hanni very strange, definatly buying her friendship with Stephanie!
Philip, again, taking Stephanie tea and flowers to her in bed, seems to be very close with stephanie , at the Brocante, says we need this ,and we need that for the chateau! Why is he making those decisions? He's a volunteer worker. The two of them having tea and avocado toast in front of the fire in the new chairs! He definitely sees himself as the Master of the Chateau in the future! I love Stephanie's vlogs, even the crazy cadeaux at the Chateau, opening gifts like a 5 year old child! But can't get excited about either of Marie, Selmar, Ryan's or even Michael PS vlogs. They certainly lack oomph!

New thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.