The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am really confused. Has the thread started talking about a different couple? Do they have their own thread or are they related to Dick and Angela in some way?
I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others.
I agree Stephanie needs her own thread. She’s a strange one.

Reactions: 5
I agree Stephanie needs her own thread. She’s a strange one.
Yes, strange. The whole family/circle of friends living there seems off in a way I found charming at first but increasingly less so. I just feel there is a lot going on behind the camera that isn't all music, food, flowery dresses and laughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The Stephanie thing has become very weird. I also get the feeling that there’s more to it with the volunteers. I remember seeing one of them post on Instagram or somewhere saying it’s not all fun and games and they really have to work hard while they’re there. Fair enough but it does make me wonder...

I also think she is very fake in her over the top thank yous. How grateful can you be for a coaster with a hedgehog on it (for example)? A lot of the stuff she gets sent is bizarre.

I haven’t watched it in a while but I almost feel like she’s never grown up? The basket hanging out of the window when she was in quarantine, the way everyone overindulges her, the attachment to so many of her exes...

I feel like Michael plays a weird role when he is with her too.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I haven’t watched it in a while but I almost feel like she’s never grown up? The basket hanging out of the window when she was in quarantine, the way everyone overindulges her, the attachment to so many of her exes...

I feel like Michael plays a weird role when he is with her too.
If my husband/boyfriend would force me to vacation at a chateau he bought with his ex who STILL LIVES THERE, I'd not be ok with that. It's just so weird to me, the whole thing.

I feel the whole child-like mannerisms are just for the camera, she can be very different depending who she is talking to. Well, and she plays it up for the men in her life to be charming, I guess, plus for her mother, who seems to have a very enmeshed relationship with both her children.

Tomas, one of the volunteers, actually did a "day in the life" style video and you can see how hard he has to work, cleaning guest bedrooms and the whole chateau, carrying lots of heavy stuff, very different from what they show him do in the vlogs.

Sorry, I keep derailing the topic, but I don't know how to start a dedicated topic for Stephanie/Chateau Diaries!

Reactions: 13
If my husband/boyfriend would force me to vacation at a chateau he bought with his ex who STILL LIVES THERE, I'd not be ok with that. It's just so weird to me, the whole thing.

I feel the whole child-like mannerisms are just for the camera, she can be very different depending who she is talking to. Well, and she plays it up for the men in her life to be charming,
I think this is exactly it - she knows precisely what she’s doing and what she’s created with the YouTube channel and Patreon.

The way she was with the basket finished me off. Shouting to Nick to see if he’d put anything in there, she’s 45 (I think) not 5!! 🙄

She has 2 exes who own part of the chateau and both return to visit with their new partners, it beggars belief! I find the way she acts with them to be slightly inappropriate sometimes.

Have you seen the vlog where she and Nick go on a mini break together as if they are still a couple? 🤯 I think his wife seems so lovely and patient (I wouldn’t be!).

Reactions: 9
Have you seen the vlog where she and Nick go on a mini break together as if they are still a couple? 🤯 I think his wife seems so lovely and patient (I wouldn’t be!).
Wait, whaaaaaat? No, haven't seen that one, yikes. Yes, his wife is so lovely, patient and an amazing cook - I guess she is simply a better person than me. I'd never allow my husband to be that emotionally invested in one of his exes that he'd still own shared property with her. And they weren't even married or anything, so damn bizarre. There does seem to be a bit of tension between the two women though, it's subtle, but there, especially in those lockdown vlogs.

Both of the men often behave as if they were still with her, the photography guy (forgot his name) is so flirty with her all the time, even when his girlfriend sits right next to him at the table. I've noticed that she also runs around the house in see-through robes and skimpy dresses all the time, even with builders and male volunteers around. I'm no prude, but it's just unprofessional to me. I've known women like that in my life, and as you say, they know exactly what they are doing.

Reactions: 14
Wait, whaaaaaat? No, haven't seen that one, yikes. Yes, his wife is so lovely, patient and an amazing cook - I guess she is simply a better person than me. I'd never allow my husband to be that emotionally invested in one of his exes that he'd still own shared property with her. And they weren't even married or anything, so damn bizarre. There does seem to be a bit of tension between the two women though, it's subtle, but there, especially in those lockdown vlogs.

Both of the men often behave as if they were still with her, the photography guy (forgot his name) is so flirty with her all the time, even when his girlfriend sits right next to him at the table. I've noticed that she also runs around the house in see-through robes and skimpy dresses all the time, even with builders and male volunteers around. I'm no prude, but it's just unprofessional to me. I've known women like that in my life, and as you say, they know exactly what they are doing.
Totally agree! It’s the same with that Oliver (who also has a wife at home looking after the children etc whilst he paints and faffs at the chateau). I find it so bizarre.

Reactions: 8
The way Stephanie interacted with Oliver's wife was...interesting. The wife looks so gorgeous and obviously has tons of self-confidence, and you could tell there is tension between the two women. I think Stephanie is one of those women who needs to be the most adored/most attractive woman in the room, always. Can't help but think that her mother is/was the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hanging about in old buildings, dressing up in elaborate costumes, more money than sense, an 83 year old mother who seems to have the energy of 10 men, minions to carry out her bidding , an extensive knowledge of bygone times, strange interconnected relationships.......it’s all a bit Interview with the Vampire! 🧛‍♀️ She is quite pasty.......

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I find the whole set up very strange. I think having volunteers for a couple of weeks at a time is fine but for longer time periods it seems a bit exploitative. The carpenter guy Selmar obviously has a huge crush on her and appears to be staying indefinitely. Marie Wiik who has just come back has said she's paying rent for the studio space but is also still doing a lot of cooking - she looks really pissed off most of the time.

The gift opening videos are also bizarre, she makes everyone sit around her to open the presents like she's a child. Most of the stuff is tat, how many scarves or gardening gloves can one person use...yet she's encouraging more and more gifts by setting up the new channel.

Reactions: 17
There was once a brief bit in a vlog when she approached a volunteer ...who quickly pushed passed her and said in a very assertive manner “ I AM going to sit outside” or similar. Struck me as a bit disgruntled tbh....I did wonder then if it was all quite as dreamy as it seemed.....I also deffo think she’s fell out with Michael Pethrick.....whatever they say.......sub envy I reckon....

Reactions: 10
There was once a brief bit in a vlog when she approached a volunteer ...who quickly pushed passed her and said in a very assertive manner “ I AM going to sit outside” or similar. Struck me as a bit disgruntled tbh....I did wonder then if it was all quite as dreamy as it seemed.....I also deffo think she’s fell out with Michael Pethrick.....whatever they say.......sub envy I reckon....
I bet now that the channel is growing so fast and the Patreon is exploding many volunteers are getting pissed about still having to clean, cook and carry heavy mattresses and furniture around all damn day, while Stephanie dances around in her bathrobe shoving her camera in their face. I am also 100% convinced that "mummy" is awful to many of the volunteers, treating them like her staff, which isn't how volunteering should be seen. Wonder how much longer the "magic" will last before people will talk about what's really going on behind the scenes. We've already learned through Tomas that it's not true about volunteers basically being allowed to work on whatever they enjoy, which is what Stephanie said in a video about the volunteers once. They are also not being used to restore the chateau most of the time, just to take care of the guests and do all the heavy labour. Too lowly for princess Stephanie, I guess.

And oh my God YES to Selmar being totally in love with her, it's sad. He's such a sweet person, I worry that she is exploiting his affection for her as that seems to be her way of getting men to do what she wants.

Reactions: 12
I am also 100% convinced that "mummy" is awful to many of the volunteers, treating them like her staff
I agree with all you said about the volunteers and I definitely think there’s more to this. She has touched on it a few times when ‘Mummy’ has been cross about various thing and then puts on a smile for the camera.

Marie Wiik who has just come back has said she's paying rent for the studio space but is also still doing a lot of cooking - she looks really pissed off most of the time.
I find this very interesting because Stephanie has previously spoken about Marie as if they are very close friends. But then there is still that almost employee/employer relationship. I can’t believe she is making her pay rent for an empty stable although I do think the floristry ‘studio’ is a massive vanity project.

I wonder if Oliver pays rent when he uses it as his art studio. Somehow I think not...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love Marie and think she is an absolute sweetheart, so I hope she will not let herself get exploited much longer. I still don't really understand the floristry studio thing - is she going to do workshops?! Finance herself via Youtube?! I wouldn't pay rent for that dirty old stable full of crap (didn't they tidy it up during Escape to the Chateau DIY? Why is it full of old tit again?!), certainly not if I also worked as an unpaid cook and provided all the flower decorations for the chateau. And I think she also does laundry and ironing etc.

No way does precious MALE Oliver pay rent! But, I bet she has already approached him about buying up some dirty old part of the chateau for his own "apartment", which can then be refurbished by volunteers for him. Oh how quaint and charming, tee hee hee!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I still don't really understand the floristry studio thing
Neither do I! I do feel Stephanie encourages this stuff but not for positive reasons.

No way does precious MALE Oliver pay rent! But, I bet she has already approached him about buying up some dirty old part of the chateau for his own "apartment", which can then be refurbished by volunteers for him. Oh how quaint and charming, tee hee hee!
Yes then he can spend even more time there without his wife and children!

I wonder what’s the story with that Mason guy? She also has an ex husband. Wonder what happened to him...

So an apartment might be on the way then 👀
5D53FE4A-7A38-4326-975D-2134B2654581.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My bad...I went back and checked Marie's instagram and she said she pays rent but not specifically for the studio space. Anyway unless it's a nominal amount it seems unfair if she's still doing a lot of cooking and housework.

Oliver definitely does not pay any rent!

I would love to know how it works when her friends come to stay, especially for long periods of time. Does she ask a set contribution towards food and drink? What if someone is a much bigger drinker than average? Seems like fun in theory to have people coming in and out all the time but just the food bill would get very expensive.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
That’s weird, I assumed she was volunteering as she was doing so much work.

I have always wondered about the food/drink bill and who pays. I imagine people must contribute? Not sure how it works though. She gets sent enough free champagne anyway...

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.