The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wallpaper looks amazingly but it’s not exactly a top secret surprise. Maybe I’m having déjà vu but didn’t Stephanie once say she wanted to put up de Gournay wallpaper? I can’t be bother to look to see if it’s a de Gournay pattern, but it’s certainly similar.

The super fans speaking for Stephanie don’t realize how misogynistic their behaviour is. The last thing Stephanie needs is for them to speak for her, it’s effectively robbing a woman of her voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for The photo. literally the only difference i see in entrance hall is the wallpaper. I mean anyone can be an interior decorator by simply pasting wallapaper on the walls. There is Nothing wow Or different about it.

Reactions: 4
Americans are indeed obsessed with very straight teeth. It’s because teeth are a social marker and “bad” teeth can have an impact on your success. If you can, you put your child in braces. Never mind that the majority of jaws just isn’t perfectly straight and that doing unnecessary moving of teeth can actually bring unwelcome side effects such as migraines. But after a while, if your are surrounded by straight teeth, every jaw with a bit more personality sticks out like a sore thumb.
I think there is no problem with Stephanie’s clothes. She is perfectly wrapped up in a robe if strangers come and her nighties are not exactly more sexy than one of her very short dresses. And at least Michael has seen her in way less. I would guess Nick probably too as they have been friends for decades. They all strike me as hitting the sauna in a hotel spa when travelling so they probably all have a good idea how they look. I think it would be more desperatere if she went with extra little clothes for single men. The ones in a partnership shouldn’t care and probably don’t. Many people don’t place that much importance on visible flesh anymore. We have seen it all. And as people pointed out, there are actually very few sexy pieces we have seen her wear. She would look more trying if she put in tight sport pants and a yoga top. Hanging in your PJs till after lunch is not my thing but I am definitely not the measure of all things. Taking your probably expensive silk PJs and dive out in a trio with a digger is just stupid though. Also- I would find it weird to have all those people coming into my bedroom. Just because that is my personal space and I want to leave the works outside. And because it’s nice to have a spot that has not to be visitor ready. Maybe it is always impeccable though. But just imagine one coming in with her breakfast on a tray while she has still a visitor (she doesn’t strike me as a nun). If I were her I wouldn’t want to risk it.

Reactions: 7
I’m watching some of the older vlogs, and I’m intrigued about the South Africa connection. Why does Isabelle have a house there?
I’ve heard Percy and Michael Potts are South African. Does anyone know the story?

Reactions: 3
Stephanie met Michael Potts through Oliver in the UK I think. When she and Michael were together they went on holiday to SA with her parents and they loved it there which is why they bought their holiday home there.

Isabelle met Percy on a flight she was on in SA.

Reactions: 6
Stephanie met Michael Potts through Oliver in the UK I think. When she and Michael were together they went on holiday to SA with her parents and they loved it there which is why they bought their holiday home there.

Isabelle met Percy on a flight she was on in SA.
Wow interesting, thank you! It sounds a bit far for a holiday home 🤣

Reactions: 5
Yeah maybe second/ third home would have been a better description as she's not back and forth all the time :p I wish I had Isabelle's energy to do that flight even a couple of times a year, although I guess SA being in a similar time zone to Britain/France makes travelling easier.

Umm, OK (ver 4) 🤔

I think I know what he means - maybe lost in translation.

98253331-2ABB-4123-86F5-5FA81087A746.jpeg

• Wow
If I recall correctly, Michael Potts and his family are from South America. During the ten years (I think she said at some point) Stephanie and Michael Potts were dating, she would go to SA with him. Eventually, her parents also went with her and Michael Potts to SA, and her parents fell in love with the place. I think the house they brought there is close to M.P. family too. Honestly a little weird how entangled she is with her ex-boyfriends, but it seems like they all still get along and have moved on with their lives (M.P. is dating that writer lady now and Nick is married). Still, kind of strange which is why I think she doesn't bring up the fact that they have all dated in the past - just say that they are all good friends.

Do any of you remember Mason from her older videos? I was convinced that Stephanie and Mason were dating. But then he kind of disappeared during lockdown and the vlogs taking off... I wonder what happened! Does anyone know?

Also, I think Mason is one of those rich trust-fund people who never really need to work or have a real job, just lives off his inheritance and investments. He was also into some weird hippy sun-gazing "practice" - Stephanie definitely got some interesting characters around her!

Also, I think Mason is one of those rich trust-fund people who never really need to work or have a real job, just lives off his inheritance and investments. He was also into some weird hippy sun-gazing "practice" - Stephanie definitely got some interesting characters around her!
Yeah, I’ve been watching old vlogs, and they took a few trips together. He also was at the chateau in a couple videos. Who knows what happened.

After watching today's vlog, a few comments. Lovely finds at the brocante, and nice to see different angles in the rooms BUT it really struck me that Stephanie's father's paintings dominate every single room, and to be honest I don't think they work. Also, with Michael Potts back, does that mean he's in his apartment and Hanni has moved, or gone?

@wintering - Michael Potts is originally from South Africa, not South America...

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I’ve been watching old vlogs, and they took a few trips together. He also was at the chateau in a couple videos. Who knows what happened.
I vaguely remember a vlog where Stephanie mentioned she was originally travelling to some part in the US with Mason but then Covid-19 happened. I don't think anyone would want to take a holiday in the pandemic, much less travel to the US for that now!

I'm not defending Stephanie here, but one of my pet peeves is the insinuation that any woman who bares some skin must be out to seduce men. Not just Stephanie, but any woman should be able to wear whatever they want without that kind of accusation!

However, if we talk about appropriateness of dress code, it's a whole different ballgame. Technically, pjs and wellies cover the same parts (long pants and shirt); so I'm fine with it. If she had gone around in her night dress, it would have not been appropriate at all - lack of protective-ish cover.

Rather than dress code in that episode, I made the same face as Cat when Stephanie revealed that she is going barefooted in the wellies, but it's more general grossness than appropriateness (since technically wellies are appropriate for trekking in the woods).

Reactions: 8
I remember Stephanie saying that Michael Potts was happy for his apartment to be let out as he is hardly there. I think you'll find that Ruth is there with him - just avoiding the camera. The vlog last night definitely made me feel there's sexual tension between Philippe and Stephanie. In fact the vlog was all about just the two of them even though Hanni and I think Nati also went to Emmaus. I love the inside of Emmaus but all of that stuff outside in the rain concerned me.

@burnrave I agree regarding the clothing and putting your feet in wellies without socks is grim - I used to do that as a child but never now!

Also maybe Stephanie and Mason split up and Stephanie's flaunting her toyboy to get back at him?

I just saw on Stephanie's patreon page that her monthly income has dropped down to 17k a month which is a massive fall from the 22k a month she was receiving a few days ago. I wonder what has led to this happening so quickly (unless it's an error)?

• Wow
I vaguely remember a vlog where Stephanie mentioned she was originally travelling to some part in the US with Mason but then Covid-19 happened. I don't think anyone would want to take a holiday in the pandemic, much less travel to the US for that now!

I'm not defending Stephanie here, but one of my pet peeves is the insinuation that any woman who bares some skin must be out to seduce men. Not just Stephanie, but any woman should be able to wear whatever they want without that kind of accusation!

However, if we talk about appropriateness of dress code, it's a whole different ballgame. Technically, pjs and wellies cover the same parts (long pants and shirt); so I'm fine with it. If she had gone around in her night dress, it would have not been appropriate at all - lack of protective-ish cover.

Rather than dress code in that episode, I made the same face as Cat when Stephanie revealed that she is going barefooted in the wellies, but it's more general grossness than appropriateness (since technically wellies are appropriate for trekking in the woods).
It's less a question of the type of her clothes (nighties, PJ's, robe in her case) that the way she is around builders, workers etc. Being French, I've never been especially prude. As I said before, I had never noticed her robe or PJ's before this video.
But the way she was playing with the men with the digger made me feel uncomfortable.
I can understand why a 16 year-old girl does it. We all have bee teenagers.
It is more difficult, to say the least, to understand why a 45 year-old woman who wants to be a chatelaine (...!) plays this game with builders and workers
I haven't seen her doing the same with the Frenchman who organised the opera workshops at Lalande before Covid or with the marquis de Lalande when they recently visited the chateau.
A total different woman.
Once again, I don't really pay attention at her legs or flesh or whatever. It's more her attitude.
I am French and we do not easily feel mbarrassed by this sort of situation but this time it was weird.

Reactions: 4
I just saw on Stephanie's patreon page that her monthly income has dropped down to 17k a month which is a massive fall from the 22k a month she was receiving a few days ago. I wonder what has led to this happening so quickly (unless it's an error)?
Is Patreon displaying it in euros instead of dollars now, because that would explain it.

I hope nothing develops between Phillip and Stephanie as I have to fast forward whenever he is on. I find his drippy puppy-dog manner very off-putting. But her last affair was with a toyboy so yoiks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yeah maybe second/ third home would have been a better description as she's not back and forth all the time :p I wish I had Isabelle's energy to do that flight even a couple of times a year, although I guess SA being in a similar time zone to Britain/France makes travelling easier.
‘Second or third home’ 😂 funny but actually correct !

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.