The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too saw the post. Just checked it and a couple of earlier interior photos have been removed. I thought about saving the photos when I saw the comments just to be mischievous but I didn’t 🙃

Here’s some of comments
View attachment 271880

Stephanie ‘fans’ are almost as protective as the vain TV production companies LOL
This is pure craziness - someone goes on holiday, which they paid for! They’re perfectly within their rights to share photos 😜 unless of course there were signs up warning them not to share during their stay, which I think is unlikely. Can you imagine, excitedly sharing photos of your trip only to get pounced on by the twin set and pearls brigade! 🤦‍♀️

Oh @ChocLili this is positively terrifying - I almost spat my coffee out! 🤣

Michael P. hasn't posted his weekly video on Friday. Last week, he did the same and posted his Friday video on Monday without any explanation from him or Ma P.
Since the beginning, he had scheduled his videos every Friday and each time there was a delay, Ma P. posted an explanation.
This time, for the second week, no video, no explanation.
His fans begin to wonder about him on Facebook. But his superfans eat these critics alive saying a) rural France internet is very bad b) he's too busy because he's "alone" (?) c) Covid in France is very nasty, d) he's young (34...) and should enjoy life and not be stressed by his subscribers.
Very interesting.
PS His last videos got huge amounts of thumbs down.
I noticed the hot debate on Facebook about the Michael video situation @Calvignac. I’m watching with interest, as let’s face it the Facebook comment drama is more exciting that his content at the moment 😜

@Sfyns - I think your handy man comment shows excellent restraint! A rant is the only appropriate response to such over the top behaviour from the ‘fans’

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
This is pure craziness - someone goes on holiday, which they paid for! They’re perfectly within their rights to share photos 😜 unless of course there were signs up warning them not to share during their stay, which I think is unlikely. Can you imagine, excitedly sharing photos of your trip only to get pounced on by the twin set and pearls brigade! 🤦‍♀️

Oh @ChocLili this is positively terrifying - I almost spat my coffee out! 🤣

I noticed the hot debate on Facebook about the Michael video situation @Calvignac. I’m watching with interest, as let’s face it the Facebook comment drama is more exciting that his content at the moment 😜

@Sfyns - I think your handy man comment shows excellent restraint! A rant is the only appropriate response to such over the top behaviour from the ‘fans’
Thank you haha

Reactions: 1
Does anyone watch Chateau Life?

I don’t but accidentally caught one of their more recent episodes where they had a long scene of each of them eating dinner alone (he has had to go to London for work), complete with Daily Mail sad faces!

It was so bizarre and a clear ploy for sympathy. Hard to feel too sorry for people who own a castle when others much less fortunate are really struggling. I can’t stand him anyway but this was a new low.
I watched a few but found him to be quite obnoxious, and often condescending to his wife (who seems quite lovely), so I won't be watching again. Also, their begging for personal support is outrageous, I can just about handle it when there are specific renovation projects in mind, but simply 'give us money please' - no.

As for Michael P, I'm sure the feedback from the various sources has reached him, if he does produce something this week I bet it'll be more entertaining than the last few (not hard admittedly).

Reactions: 5
I watched a few but found him to be quite obnoxious, and often condescending to his wife (who seems quite lovely), so I won't be watching again. Also, their begging for personal support is outrageous, I can just about handle it when there are specific renovation projects in mind, but simply 'give us money please' - no.

As for Michael P, I'm sure the feedback from the various sources has reached him, if he does produce something this week I bet it'll be more entertaining than the last few (not hard admittedly).
He is awful to her I agree.

I’m not sure Michaelis capable of being entertaining on his own. I think he needs someone like Stephanie to help him along.

I think he wants to be one of her wealthy, educated friends (Oliver, the other Michael etc) but the reality is somewhat different. He knows this and is deeply insecure.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone watch Chateau Life?

I don’t but accidentally caught one of their more recent episodes where they had a long scene of each of them eating dinner alone (he has had to go to London for work), complete with Daily Mail sad faces!

It was so bizarre and a clear ploy for sympathy. Hard to feel too sorry for people who own a castle when others much less fortunate are really struggling. I can’t stand him anyway but this was a new low.
Not anymore as I used to watch it but they spend most episodes either being miserable or pleading for money. Plus bodging DIY. They own a London property business in Covent Garden !!! & he’s originally from st ives in Cornwall so they are positively millionaires compared to most people (their channel is also heavily pushed by the Petherick clan, by Brenda, by all the scary crazy fans who bite people’s heads off on YouTube comments & all. The crazy Facebook fan pages (I know I’m guilty of reading them) 🤣 they refuse to open their castle to guests but want everyone to give them money (I’ve also read in a few blogs that they were proper grumpy on the DIY chateau programmes) she was happy enough dancing with Ryan at a party on the Pethericks vlog last weekend👍

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Marie and her Q&A session (posted yesterday). I haven't watched (elderly iPad has rubbish sound, and am in no great rush to sit at laptop downstairs) but I raced through the comments.

I came very close to stabbing the keyboard screen with a reply to one poster who mentioned Marie's teeth and even recommended a specific treatment plan. Comments like that are such bad manners, insensitive and potentially hurtful. We don't all have perfect teeth and a Hollywood smile,and get through life perfectly well without this veneer (couldn't resist) of manufactured dental perfection.

I know that there are different views and opinions about what I call cosmetic dentistry. Let us agree to disagree! My point here is much more to do with good manners.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Gone on a bender after criticism possibly..
Thats exactly what I thought too!, he had his friend with pink hair over a couple of weeks ago (he appears in the cocktail vlog & in the back of Ryan’s car in the dark) I think his name is dani & they made a vlog at Mont Saint Michel eagle eye photography (worth a look) ! I bet he’s gone back to Manchester to party 🥳 it must be so boring for a young lad to be cooped up in the middle of nowhere after he had such a party life in the UK. He wasn’t at the Pethericks (Trotters) house party on their latest episode last weekend either which I found weird too but Ryan was there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Even i agree that Stephanie does have an abandon when it comes to her dressing and she is quite open about showing off her legs and other things in front of male friends or even sitting in bed wearing nightie with her strap falling of her shoulder. But i always thought french /british are more free about their body. But it is quite odd to dress up like that in front of married/committed men.

Also, how are Oliver's and micheal potts other half so confident about having their men be in lalande alone with stephanie for such long period of time. Nick atleast i think doesnt come to lalande without marie.

Reactions: 5
Even i agree that Stephanie does have an abandon when it comes to her dressing and she is quite open about showing off her legs and other things in front of male friends or even sitting in bed wearing nightie with her strap falling of her shoulder. But i always thought french /british are more free about their body. But it is quite odd to dress up like that in front of married/committed men.

Also, how are Oliver's and micheal potts other half so confident about having their men be in lalande alone with stephanie for such long period of time. Nick atleast i think doesnt come to lalande without marie.
I’d never heard of Guru gossiper but it apparently has threads about the Chateau too which may shed some light on this? Someone on here added the link last week so it’s on here somewhere, I will have a look later 👍

Breaking news on MP vlogs 🧐 YTube says premier tonight

Last edited:
Marie and her Q&A session (posted yesterday). I haven't watched (elderly iPad has rubbish sound, and am in no great rush to sit at laptop downstairs) but I raced through the comments.

I came very close to stabbing the keyboard screen with a reply to one poster who mentioned Marie's teeth and even recommended a specific treatment plan. Comments like that are such bad manners, insensitive and potentially hurtful. We don't all have perfect teeth and a Hollywood smile,and get through life perfectly well without this veneer (couldn't resist) of manufactured dental perfection.

I know that there are different views and opinions about what I call cosmetic dentistry. Let us agree to disagree! My point here is much more to do with good manners.
Completely agree , how rude ! She has a very pretty smile 😃 much nicer than the fakeness achieved by too much dental work . Hope she ignores that 🙏😊

Reactions: 9

I think Americans are a bit obsessed with their perfect teeth. An American smile is sometimes frightening in its perfection IMO 😂

@Hihellohowr31 I don't know for the British (but I suspect it's the same) but the French don't usually welcome strangers in their nighties/robe/PJ's while lying in their bed at 11am or flouncing around the garden when builders are working 😂

About Nick and Marie, Marie's French and French women don't joke with this sort of game 😉😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I too was wondering about lack of videos... where can I read the comments please?
I’m not sure if it’s been deleted @La Brocanteuse - it was on the fan page on Facebook. I’ve had a look and can’t find it now - maybe @Calvignac can remember where it was?

Thats exactly what I thought too!, he had his friend with pink hair over a couple of weeks ago (he appears in the cocktail vlog & in the back of Ryan’s car in the dark) I think his name is dani & they made a vlog at Mont Saint Michel eagle eye photography (worth a look) ! I bet he’s gone back to Manchester to party 🥳 it must be so boring for a young lad to be cooped up in the middle of nowhere after he had such a party life in the UK. He wasn’t at the Pethericks (Trotters) house party on their latest episode last weekend either which I found weird too but Ryan was there?
Maybe Michael is missing more of a party lifestyle since lockdown? I get the feeling all is not well at Chateau de la basmaignee, the mood has been flat for a while. Following Michaels initial success, then all of a sudden the insufferable The Pethericks channel pops up. With a very similar aesthetic to Doing it ourselves. Maybe Billy is none too chuffed about the amount of cash his brother is bringing in, off the back of his partners property?

Ryan mentioned on his Q&A that he was friends with Billy first of all, then became friends with Michael later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Michael did a Q&A a while back and said how he'd never really found his thing in life. He'd tried hairdressing and make-up, and painting and music and repairing old cooking stoves, but then this year he got into vlogging and how that was it. He couldn't imagine that he wasn't going to do it forever!!!!! He spent a whole load of newly acquired dosh on laptop, camera, and drone, but then both quality and quantity of videos dropped away. He must be pretty pissed that Billy started on his Life with the Trotters and Ryan on his personal vlog, as both have potentially poached his likely footage and audience.

Reactions: 10
I’m not sure if it’s been deleted @La Brocanteuse - it was on the fan page on Facebook. I’ve had a look and can’t find it now - maybe @Calvignac can remember where it was?

Maybe Michael is missing more of a party lifestyle since lockdown? I get the feeling all is not well at Chateau de la basmaignee, the mood has been flat for a while. Following Michaels initial success, then all of a sudden the insufferable The Pethericks channel pops up. With a very similar aesthetic to Doing it ourselves. Maybe Billy is none too chuffed about the amount of cash his brother is bringing in, off the back of his partners property?

Ryan mentioned on his Q&A that he was friends with Billy first of all, then became friends with Michael later.
Totally agree with everything you said & I remember Ryan said he was friends with Billy 1st but as always with the Trotters not everything adds up 🧐

I can't remember who said it upthread but regarding the point about Oliver's wife and Michael Potts' wife not minding them going to La Lande alone: firstly I am pretty sure they trust Stephanie as she strikes me as a loyal friend but also Michael Potts' wife Ruth is usually with him at La Lande although she stays in the background whilst filming is going on. Oliver's wife actually sends him over to La Lande when he needs a break (or maybe she needs a break) :ROFLMAO:

Also here is the photo of La Lande that the guest posted that was quickly deleted by Brenda or someone else.
;

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.