The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww give Hanni a break ! She’s recuperating from Covid , isn’t she ? I think she seems sweet . Poor girl , what a nightmare for her. They seem good friends now . Not so sure about the chap from the boy band ( name escapes me atm) I’m not sure why ? - I don’t even like saying that, makes me feel unkind 😩. Perhaps he’s a little familiar with Stephanie, considering he’s only just arrived there a short while ago . I feel she’s not herself near him too...

Reactions: 4
She can wear whatever she wants, but I can comment on it however I want. To me, it's odd to run around in nighties when there are married men around. I'm a night owl and work from home, but I put on proper clothes (which could be leggings and a shirt, it's not about it being fancy) when there are repairmen or similar people visiting. I really doubt any one of you runs around your house and tells a bunch of married men repeatedly that you are wearing a robe/your pjs, making sure they get a good look at your body. Come ON! It's a completely different scenario from having the odd delivery man see you in your robe or even driving the kids to school in pjs and slippers. It's deliberate is my point. I kind of preferred this forum when it wasn't so many fans here, sigh. Maybe my snarky self needs to look up that Guru Gossip forum hahaha.
Well said you be proud of your opinionsx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It seems Hanni is recovering from covid, but odd to choose to do it in a foreign country amongst strangers. I know France is not exactly far from UK, but it is a different system. Her twinning with Stephanie is uncomfortable to watch somehow but she obviously enjoys it. She does give off a vibe of being fragile, all that defensive body language, head ducking, exaggerated movements, hiding behind things etc.

Reactions: 5
Awww give Hanni a break ! She’s recuperating from Covid , isn’t she ? I think she seems sweet . Poor girl , what a nightmare for her. They seem good friends now . Not so sure about the chap from the boy band ( name escapes me atm) I’m not sure why ? - I don’t even like saying that, makes me feel unkind 😩. Perhaps he’s a little familiar with Stephanie, considering he’s only just arrived there a short while ago . I feel she’s not herself near him too...
No gets a break around here, not even Cat 😂 Honestly though, it's ok to ask certain questions (and still be kind) when people are making their lives public. Michael P gets the most flack in this forum for sure.

Phillippe does seem like he's up for being Stephanie's boy toy. Wouldn't it be cute if Stephanie dressed him up like Cupid 💕 Having an affair with him would crossing a boundary though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I joined this group as soon as I found it, feeling I could express myself freely without being an outcast. And I’m glad to find that many of my perceptions about certain things or people on the chateau’s vlogs, were not my imagination.
But I also need to say, that as all of you here, enjoy most of the vlogs very much, except the gift parade which I find ridiculous and in a way dangerous because it’s feeding some fans’ expectations of being ‘part of the family’ when they’re names are mentioned.
I also admit that in these depressing times, watching that place in the middle of nowhere, and those breathtaking country sites, helps me escape the hard reality the world is experiencing at the moment.
And I’d give anything to be in a place like Lalande right now, not like one of the obsessed fans, that would love to be there to feel a part of Stephanie’s inner circle, but just to enjoy some peace and nature away from it all.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m feeling a bit hopeless with this pandemic, I can’t see the light at the end yet.
Sorry to be a downer, not a great couple of days (weeks) 😩

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Hmmm, the cadeaux unwrapping has been niggling at me. Like most here I find it toe-curling, but here are my thoughts. In a nutshell the problem is of course the filming of it. Should never have started in the first place. If people genuinely want to send gifts, then fine, but needing the exposure - for self-promotion or ego or whatever - makes it all so fake. Stephanie and co do a good, but unconvincing, job of being amazed at every single thing, it's exhausting. There is also the fact that they are given so much. It's difficult to see them drowning in gifts they don't need or want when so many people are in genuine need. Not pleasant.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Agree 100% and say what you will about Michael Petherick (and plenty of people do!) he has kept that off his channel thank god. Now begging for random Arga bits and bobs is a whole other post. When people do note his new expensive pieces of luggage etc remember it could all be from his groupies.
My god I thought SJ was going to lose it when she forced him to open all of his presents that had accumulated at her chateau (don’t think that will be happening again any time soon). And during that haul he received some truly exquisite antiques for his cottage. No peacock silk scarves for Michael!

Reactions: 6
I definitely think Philippe wants to be Stephanie's toyboy and I think he might be in with a chance as she's had younger boyfriends before. I'd love to know what really goes on in the chateau and who gets with who. Selmar must get romantic offers from women all over the world and maybe when he goes off in his camper van on a weekend he is not really taking Diesel to the beach...............

Brenda's other workshop is Tango lessons with Selmar (I'm pretty sure that's what I read anyway) so I'd say there'll be a few more devoted Selmar fans turning up.

I just took a look on Gossip Guru and the latest post is pretty extreme (and might even be a bit too much for @pettyicequeen) as someone has now suggested that Stephanie and Mummy's money comes from Mummy scamming the old people she cared for out of their estates :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Great to see more people joining our merry little band - welcome to newcomers 😃 just finished catching up after a week away.

I enjoyed the recent videos, nice to see the courtyard changing. Although I agree with someone who said earlier, bit heavy on the digger footage 🤣

I did get major secondary cringe of the shot of Stephanie and Hanni posing on the doorway, in robes 🤦‍♀️ From the looks of it Hanni had a jumper on underneath, like why? Plus the Robe Mafia? Even Marie gave that short shrift 🤣 She was all like ‘I’m just going to make some tea!’

Would be nice to see the garden and how they’re getting it ready for winter, I love gardens 😃

I haven’t watched the latest Sunday at the Chateau - will watch it over the weekend 👍

I’m loving the banter earlier in the thread on Queen Brenda 🤣 no doubt we’ll be afforded significant cringe moments when the workshops kick off !

Reactions: 7
Marie has put up a short Q and A video, and she is quite cheerful, with her short term and long term ducks in a row. I remember a couple of years ago she went through the gown phase with Stephanie and had a real crush, but the year out back in the UK seems to have given her perspective, and I think that's why she is slightly more distant in manner these days.

Selmar must get romantic offers from women all over the world and maybe when he goes off in his camper van on a weekend he is not really taking Diesel to the beach...............
Chateau de Lalande Codebreaker

Selmar’s gone to the beach for the weekend = So many lady admirers; not enough weekends.

Ohh, we must frame this = Nati, put this in the attic.

Another one . . . now we’ve got a full set = eBay

I’m still in my pyjamas = Did I mention that I’m still in my pyjamas?

What are you cooking tonight Marie? = We can’t eat flowers Marie, feed us!

Appalling artwork = Appalling artwork (Michael); Appalling artwork (Hanni)

Would you like a cup of tea? = I can see that you’re not going to make tea, so I will.

Come on in! = I really should get a lock on my bedroom door.

I’m making a time-lapse of the courtyard makeover = I can’t believe you found my spy camera.

I’ll have a ‘dirty martini’ = ***censored***

Look how big the Ians are getting = I must finish my ‘Elizabethan Peacock Recipes’ vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It seems Hanni is recovering from covid, but odd to choose to do it in a foreign country amongst strangers. I know France is not exactly far from UK, but it is a different system. Her twinning with Stephanie is uncomfortable to watch somehow but she obviously enjoys it. She does give off a vibe of being fragile, all that defensive body language, head ducking, exaggerated movements, hiding behind things etc.
Hanni might be binational. In her different social medias, she mentions Bordeaux as being her town.

I joined this group as soon as I found it, feeling I could express myself freely without being an outcast. And I’m glad to find that many of my perceptions about certain things or people on the chateau’s vlogs, were not my imagination.
But I also need to say, that as all of you here, enjoy most of the vlogs very much, except the gift parade which I find ridiculous and in a way dangerous because it’s feeding some fans’ expectations of being ‘part of the family’ when they’re names are mentioned.
I also admit that in these depressing times, watching that place in the middle of nowhere, and those breathtaking country sites, helps me escape the hard reality the world is experiencing at the moment.
And I’d give anything to be in a place like Lalande right now, not like one of the obsessed fans, that would love to be there to feel a part of Stephanie’s inner circle, but just to enjoy some peace and nature away from it all.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m feeling a bit hopeless with this pandemic, I can’t see the light at the end yet.
Sorry to be a downer, not a great couple of days (weeks) 😩
Allez, allez, we will all go through this situation. Together ! 😊

Agree 100% and say what you will about Michael Petherick (and plenty of people do!) he has kept that off his channel thank god. Now begging for random Arga bits and bobs is a whole other post. When people do note his new expensive pieces of luggage etc remember it could all be from his groupies.
My god I thought SJ was going to lose it when she forced him to open all of his presents that had accumulated at her chateau (don’t think that will be happening again any time soon). And during that haul he received some truly exquisite antiques for his cottage. No peacock silk scarves for Michael!
Michael had his LV luggages before he started to get any gifts from his viewers. We can see them in one of Stephanie's first videos when she picks him up at Limoges airport. Moons ago.

What scares me the most us to see all these fans on the château Facebook page sharing photos of houses for sale in France and saying that their dream is to live in a old renovated house or castle in France and to have a fantastic life there.
Do they really think that everyone in France live the same life as Stephanie ? Scary !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m with Mummy re: digging borders all around the chateau 😩 what a huge amount of extra work and damp around the walls ! Couple of climbing roses maybe but not earth and plants that need a lot of watering

Reactions: 11
I did get major secondary cringe of the shot of Stephanie and Hanni posing on the doorway, in robes 🤦‍♀️ From the looks of it Hanni had a jumper on underneath, like why? Plus the Robe Mafia? Even Marie gave that short shrift 🤣 She was all like ‘I’m just going to make some tea!’
I think Marie is completely over Hanni, and also rather over the pretence of harmonious communal living. I am kind of living for her new resting witch face when Hanni is around or people are crowding up "her" kitchen. I love Marie. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think Marie is completely over Hanni, and also rather over the pretence of harmonious communal living. I am kind of living for her new resting witch face when Hanni is around or people are crowding up "her" kitchen. I love Marie. 😂
I watched a wonderful episode last night of one of Maries vlogs, such a lovely person floral therapy.

Don't know if you have already discovered this
Actually the oldest wing of Chateau de Lalande was built in the 16-17e century. The rest of the building was built in 1860 (turrets included) after a fire destroyed part of a newer wing.

Last edited:
Yep Marie is clearly resentful that Hanni has ousted her as Stephanie's BFF by using her status as a top tier patron as leverage.

Did anyone notice that Stephanie used her phone to protect herself from Mummy this week when she went to tell her about the borders. I did wonder if anyone had mentioned the lion tamer's chair comment to her.

Also did anyone see the photo of Dan and Annalise dressed up to go out to dinner at La Lande last week - they scrub up really well!

Yep Marie is clearly resentful that Hanni has ousted her as Stephanie's BFF by using her status as a top tier patron as leverage.

Did anyone notice that Stephanie used her phone to protect herself from Mummy this week when she went to tell her about the borders. I did wonder if anyone had mentioned the lion tamer's chair comment to her.

Also did anyone see the photo of Dan and Annalise dressed up to go out to dinner at La Lande last week - they scrub up really well!
Stephanie's relationship with her mother is a bit strange for a 45 year-old woman IMO.

I hope for them that Dan and his wife won't let themselves be trapped in Lalande fairytale.
It could be harmful for them.

Reactions: 6
@Calvignac I think if they get too involved it's not a good idea but certainly by Stephanie promoting Dan's vlog they have got a new heating system out of it and I understand that part of France has very cold winters which isn't ideal when you've got two toddlers.

It is strange with Stephanie and her mum but they mainly get on really well and are very tolerant of each other. I'd have killed mine by now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.