The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well yoga is based on Hindu tradition which is why churches don't usually allow it to take place there.

I don't think synagogues, mosques or Hindu, Buddhist or Sikh temples allow sport/exercises to be done in their buildings especially if it's based on a different faith.
I used to go to Buddhist mediation meetings hosted in a synagogue in the US. I think it depends on how strict the particular owners of the buildings are... many faith leaders take a more global approach and welcome other traditions and faiths. And some faith leaders don't. To each their own!

Reactions: 6
I really enjoyed this vlog. Lots happening and work getting done. Loved that Hanni was hardly in it. Wearing the same robe as Stephanie was weird. I don't know why she irritates me so much. She just comes across as false and the fact she bought her way on to the vlog is weird fan stuff.

Reactions: 12
No cadeaux opening tonight. Stephanie says because of technical issues, meaning they will have to do some reshooting. But the Blessed Brenda has posted a message saying it is because Stephanie spent too long making the Sunday fabric vlog!
Who does that woman think she is? SJ really needs to get rid tout de suite, cut all association. She's a toxic influence and troublemaker and her self assigned connection to Lalande is only going to end badly.

Reactions: 10
With apologies to any American ‘Tattlers’ here . . .

Uh oh . . . :D

4D9F1F33-7B96-4A4E-88B0-E41CEDB9AE74.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
With apologies to any American ‘Tattlers’ here . . .

Uh oh . . . :D

View attachment 268989
These fans forget that Lalande has now three co owners, one Patreon page and a YouTube channel ads - not to forget the BnB revenues - to survive just about.
They also forget that Lalande was bought after the sale of two appartements in London and certainly Stephanie's parents help too.

Exactly! youve hit the nail on the head

Agree! Great episode. Hanni may just like to have Stephanie to herself, which is why she doesn't join in trips to the brocabte, going to the Dordogne etc

"That's flouncing, not running" 😂

Loving how the courtyard is coming together.

About staying at the chateau....I'd visit for the weekend, do the goddess workshop, maybe witness Stephanie flounce through the kitchen, visit the brocante. But volunteer there, no thanks. Live there? Absolutely not! That's the point of the videos, we get to visit a couple days a week and not have to deal with hassle.

Really, what is there to do in the area, except drink wine and go to the brocante?
I am not even sure it is so bad when you are actually there. We often hear about things going on, but don’t see the people that come with it (certain workshops, B&B guests, even some work/volunteer humans). Stephanie has a good hand in her editing but she also created a pretty noticeable character set she likes to show. And she cannot force anyone to appear in her vlogs. I am pretty sure at least 65% of the day are actually rather quiet and people just go on about their jobs. We only see highlights. They only thing problematic is when things get staged to have vlog. It immediately feels strange and people act unnatural. So I think visiting or -if it’s your thing volunteering is probably very nice in LaLande.
Not everyone comes across well on screen though. Some look lovely in real life but not so pretty in 2D, some personalities or way of speaking just don’t translate good through a camera. The vlogs concentrate mostly on people that work with the format. I didn’t even think Garden Architect was that bad -Tomas was definitely worse for me, as is Hanni. It’s mostly down to personal preference.
You’ve made some great points about the style of person/vlogs that translate best for The Chateau Diaries. The camera just loves some people and they simply glow & radiate through the screen: Stephanie Jarvis, I’m talking to you ! Others not so much. I love what you said about Davey becoming articulate when he spoke about the garden, he must be so knowledge & I can tell he’d be a kind & interesting person to get to know. We don’t all have to be whistle-blowing, dancing firecrackers to have something to offer in life. Tomaz was a showman - clearly talented but he really was a show off. Stephanie has always said it’s about Chateau Lalande being the main character of her vlogs. I think Phillipe is also enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, albeit in a rather more restrained manner & why not ? He too adds to the mix. I don’t blame any of them for trying .... life is so difficult especially now. I watched a couple of Tomaz’s vlogs & they showed how little he has - he came across as rather ‘desperate’ .... wanting money from Patreon to fund himself (rent/laptop/piano) so he could make more videos. What must life be like back in Portugal, no work, no money - but he’s had a peep into a Fairytale World. A taste of honey is worse than none at all ....
As has been said before, so many others (chateau owners as well as volunteers) must look at the success of Mademoiselle Jarvis & feel they would like a slice of that Tarte Tatin. I very much doubt ANY will be able to emulate such a glorious Golden Girl - her foundations alone are enviable ; beautiful, caring, clever, kind, amusing, creative, educated, travelled, industrious, wealthy, connected, chateau-owning etc ... need I go on ?! I believe she has the Midas Touch. She now has well-deserved recognition and could do anything ... television, books, interiors, cooking shows, product lines, face of cosmetics company, fashion/sponsorship or collaboration. If she channels herself properly and doesn’t burn-out, the sky is the limit for Stephanie.

These fans forget that Lalande has now three co owners, one Patreon page and a YouTube channel ads - not to forget the BnB revenues - to survive just about.
They also forget that Lalande was bought after the sale of two appartements in London and certainly Stephanie's parents help too.
Exactly ! Nothing is quite as straightforward as ....first, buy your chateau .... Look at what you need to do that - and then what you need to renovate - or simply stay there, for maintenance.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really enjoyed this vlog. Lots happening and work getting done. Loved that Hanni was hardly in it. Wearing the same robe as Stephanie was weird. I don't know why she irritates me so much. She just comes across as false and the fact she bought her way on to the vlog is weird fan stuff.
Yes, that weirded me out to see them both stand next to each other in nearly identical robes. As I've said before, way too "single white female" -esque for me...

Reactions: 12
He painted a door! And explained how much the Aga parts are (for his doting givers), each one in painful detail just to be sure, and no doubt intends to paint a window frame or two.

Don't get me wrong, I wish him well but the last few weeks have been very different from the earlier days and I'm not really liking it.
When it comes to the art of the self serving pan-handler, Michael is the Queen of the Begging Bowl. This boy knows how to work his audience of rich, bored ladies neglected by their husbands. With his saccharine charm, faux humbleness, a tinkle on the ivory and a twinkle of blue eyes he's gets them all frothing. He's perfected the recipe and the ladies cannot get enough helpings, spilling out of their corsets to send him Beatrix Potter and Wedgewood galore and cash besides, all hoping to win a special place in the heart of this Chateau Cassanova.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When it comes to the art of the self serving pan-handler, Michael is the Queen of the Begging Bowl. This boy knows how to work his audience of rich, bored ladies neglected by their husbands. With his saccharine charm, faux humbleness, a tinkle on the ivory and a twinkle of blue eyes he's gets them all frothing. He's perfected the recipe and the ladies cannot get enough helpings, spilling out of their corsets to send him Beatrix Potter and Wedgewood galore and cash besides, all hoping to win a special place in the heart of this Chateau Cassanova.
Be interesting to hear from his previous clients when he was a beautician/makeup artist for MAC & hairdresser for I think he said 15 years, 10 of which were in Manchester 🧐 I bet he crafted his skills then 😂 He looks so different now to the early episodes of escape DIY. I still think it was him with the Cadeaux bitchy comment about the “awful artwork”

Last edited:
Just bored whilst waiting for my painting to dry & had a look online to see If there was old info re Michaels MAC days & there is !!!!!!! seems he worked for them in Selfridges, Manchester so hence his expensive taste 😍

Reactions: 4
Just bored whilst waiting for my painting to dry & had a look online to see If there was old info re Michaels MAC days & there is !!!!!!! seems he worked for them in Selfridges, Manchester so hence his expensive taste 😍
I've just watched again the Cadeaux at the château (19.1) and it's definitely not Hanni speaking.
It's Michael's voice. Hanni is busy with Marie's present and all that.

Reactions: 7
I've just watched again the Cadeaux at the château (19.1) and it's definitely not Hanni speaking.
It's Michael's voice. Hanni is busy with Marie's present and all that.
Exactly, he still had his mic on & I’m sure it was him

This Hanni/Michael "appalling artwork" debate is going to be bigger than "Who shot JR?"(for those old enough to remember the US TV show Dallas!)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This Hanni/Michael "appalling artwork" debate is going to be bigger than "Who shot JR?"(for those old enough to remember the US TV show Dallas!)
Hahaha agree!
If Michael had his mic on then surely we'd be able to hear his appalling comment loud and and clear.
Have a good listen with high quality sound. It's definitely Hanni's throaty mumble. Michael speaks in a higher register. Also the comment matches Hanni's body language

Okay, I had to join in the fun. Just checked out the video and....(drumroll)....... it's definitely Michael! He's out of shot but Hanni is in shot, her lips don't move, and she's not looking at anyone to talk to as she is just turning towards Marie.

Reactions: 4
Okay, I had to join in the fun. Just checked out the video and....(drumroll)....... it's definitely Michael! He's out of shot but Hanni is in shot, her lips don't move, and she's not looking at anyone to talk to as she is just turning towards Marie.
Then why would Stephanie pin the comment on Hanni? She could have said it's just Michael muttering. Why would Stephanie blame Hanni? Maybe that's the question we should be asking

Thanks super-sleuth @Calvignac! Just checked it out and it is brutal. It's interesting that they've picked up on exactly the same points of contention that we have. Someone suggested Hanni might be gay and have a full on crush on Stephanie. Not sure if it was the same person who said it was odd to take a b&b guest on a family trip to Avignon. Anyway it doesn't seem to have as much traffic as this forum but I will keep my eye on it all the same. Maybe I'll register and open up the Hanni vs Michael debate over there too :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
I just came across the guru gossip site as well after Takeway suggested googling Michael. I tried to register so I could join in but it didn't work. They are a bit harsh but make some good points.

ps I'm certain it was Hanni who said "appalling artwork" - posh people are just like ventriloquists - they say things out of the corner of their mouths! Just try it out - you can easily say that without moving your lips much......

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.