The Chateau Diaries - Stephanie Jarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just reading the comments for Stephanie's latest video (which is very good once again).
Many people are worried about the wiring of the chandelier and some electricians said it's not good.
Others (and even a very good fan that I recognised) say that Stephanie should hire a mini digger for poor Dan because the project around the fountain is a big one to do with one shovel and a bar. S
The good fan even said that she's taking advantage of Dan and should stop being cheap and should hire a professional landscaper.
It's a fact that the fountain project doesn't look very easy to do.

I think all the workshops sold out and the xmas one is 1150 euro per person.

@Calvignac you seem to know so much about everything - I'm impressed by your sleuthing skills!
It's because I followed Brenda's first Facebook page at the very beginning when we were only 15 or 20.
Things have changed a lot since that 😂

@Raspberrybrulee 1150 euros per person ? 😱

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I think all the workshops sold out and the xmas one is 1150 euro per person.

@Calvignac you seem to know so much about everything - I'm impressed by your sleuthing skills!
The details were online a few weeks ago but I can’t find them now, it did say that people will stay at Lalande 🥱 Michael Petherick will be there so I guess will Ryan too merrily driving him & vlogging. When is his cottage ever going to get done? He will be getting Brenda & her gang wanting to visit him too to admire his work. 🧐🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The details were online a few weeks ago but I can’t find them now, it did say that people will stay at Lalande 🥱 Michael Petherick will be there so I guess will Ryan too merrily driving him & vlogging. When is his cottage ever going to get done? He will be getting Brenda & her gang wanting to visit him too to admire his work. 🧐🤣
Michael is hiring a carpenter for fitting the kitchen and all the wooden panels in the cottage.
At the moment, his dad and a friend are doing heavy work in the downstairs room.
People begin to ask when exactly he'll be working in his cottage by himself....

Reactions: 6
Just reading the comments for Stephanie's latest video (which is very good once again).
Many people are worried about the wiring of the chandelier and some electricians said it's not good.
Others (and even a very good fan that I recognised) say that Stephanie should hire a mini digger for poor Dan because the project around the fountain is a big one to do with one shovel and a bar. S
The good fan even said that she's taking advantage of Dan and should stop being cheap and should hire a professional landscaper.
It's a fact that the fountain project doesn't look very easy to do.
I'm always a little nervous about non-electricians taking on anything more than changing a plug, so I did wince once or twice as they cobbled together the fitting.

The fountain project doesn't look at all easy for one man, a shovel and a bar. Much better use of Dan's time (and probably more cost effective) to hire a mini digger. I thought the design looked lovely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Michael is hiring a carpenter for fitting the kitchen and all the wooden panels in the cottage.
At the moment, his dad and a friend are doing heavy work in the downstairs room.
People begin to ask when exactly he'll be working in his cottage by himself....
He painted a door! And explained how much the Aga parts are (for his doting givers), each one in painful detail just to be sure, and no doubt intends to paint a window frame or two.

Don't get me wrong, I wish him well but the last few weeks have been very different from the earlier days and I'm not really liking it.

Reactions: 10
Yesterday Selmar posted a video of him doing his daily yoga session in the chapel and got some flack for using a Christian consecrated place in this way. So today, without addressing the criticism directly, he posted a video of a church in the Netherlands which is used for yoga, tango, and other community events, as well as a weekly mass still.

Yesterday Selmar posted a video of him doing his daily yoga session in the chapel and got some flack for using a Christian consecrated place in this way. So today, without addressing the criticism directly, he posted a video of a church in the Netherlands which is used for yoga, tango, and other community events, as well as a weekly mass still.
No way ! Poor Selmar.
I've noticed that the American fans don't joke with religion.

Subtle, Selmar, very subtle, to post a response without resorting to words.

I kind of agree that the chapel shouldn't be used for yoga but I'm sure Selmar didn't mean any harm by it. I think depending on the bishops in each area they ban the use of Catholic churches for anything but Mass and prayer. Previously I think some in Italy were used for classical concerts but now that's discouraged unless it's religious music.

Reactions: 2
I kind of agree that the chapel shouldn't be used for yoga but I'm sure Selmar didn't mean any harm by it. I think depending on the bishops in each area they ban the use of Catholic churches for anything but Mass and prayer. Previously I think some in Italy were used for classical concerts but now that's discouraged unless it's religious music.
Interesting.
In France, churches and even cathedrals can be used for classical music or choir concerts. It's very common actually.
Churches and cathedrals belong to the towns (or Regions for the biggest ones) where they are, not to the Vatican.

I don't see anything wrong with Selmar doing something as peaceful and spiritual as a bit of yoga in the chapel - it's not like he was downing tequila slammers and headbanging to Black Sabbath in there is it..............

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't see anything wrong with Selmar doing something as peaceful and spiritual as a bit of yoga in the chapel - it's not like he was downing tequila slammers and headbanging to Black Sabbath in there is it..............
I’m with you @Raspberrybrulee I don’t see why yoga would be frowned upon. But then I’m not Catholic. Protestant churches often have yoga classes, among other events like theatre productions in the nave. Note to self, yoga in a Catholic Church is a no no 😬

Fingers crossed there will be photos and videos will be posted from this Christmas workshop! 😂 Superfans descending on La Lande lead by Brenda *The Fairy Godmother* what could possibly go wrong?

• Haha
Well yoga is based on Hindu tradition which is why churches don't usually allow it to take place there.

I don't think synagogues, mosques or Hindu, Buddhist or Sikh temples allow sport/exercises to be done in their buildings especially if it's based on a different faith.

Interesting.
In France, churches and even cathedrals can be used for classical music or choir concerts. It's very common actually.
Churches and cathedrals belong to the towns (or Regions for the biggest ones) where they are, not to the Vatican.
Same in Germany, and we also have stuff like Yoga and meditation retreats in monasteries. There is no strict guideline to only have mass at church or at holy places, it's up to the individual churches to decide what they do usually, and many priests are open-minded. I'm Catholic, fyi.

I think priests can be open minded and want to welcome everyone into churches but also be respectful of the True Presence and therefore keep churches as a peaceful, very quiet place of worship. There are many other public spaces that can hold exercise classes, concerts, meetings, whatever. I'm really surprised that a catholic monastery would hold yoga retreats.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread so will leave it there.

No cadeaux opening tonight. Stephanie says because of technical issues, meaning they will have to do some reshooting. But the Blessed Brenda has posted a message saying it is because Stephanie spent too long making the Sunday fabric vlog!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
No cadeaux opening tonight. Stephanie says because of technical issues, meaning they will have to do some reshooting. But the Blessed Brenda has posted a message saying it is because Stephanie spent too long making the Sunday fabric vlog!
I have a vision of Stephanie and Natti opening the door to the gift storage room and just staring at the boxes, wondering how things got so out of hand. They turn to each other, acknowledge what each other is thinking, and say at the same time “Let’s just do a fabric vlog this week”.

No way ! Poor Selmar.
I've noticed that the American fans don't joke with religion.
I spent some time living in America some 20 years ago. I remember one of the first things I encountered in my new small ‘home town’ was a bumper-sticker on a truck, “God, Guns and Guts made America. Let’s keep all three”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I think priests can be open minded and want to welcome everyone into churches but also be respectful of the True Presence and therefore keep churches as a peaceful, very quiet place of worship. There are many other public spaces that can hold exercise classes, concerts, meetings, whatever. I'm really surprised that a catholic monastery would hold yoga retreats.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread so will leave it there.
It’s not unheard of. Many that are open for visitors and have guest rooms offer a variety of workshops (not all centred around religion or faith), you can sometimes organise your own workshops and many will at least offer meditation stuff. Yoga is taught in many forms, and sometimes pretty far away from any spiritual groundwork. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t hardcore priests/monasteries but in general they try to be open, well informed and friendly. Probably so we don’t get rid of religion completely. Many Europeans are Christians only in the sense they they got christened as babies, celebrate Christmas and maybe Easter and have a church wedding (if they marry at all) because it’s nice and aesthetically pleasing. The stance of the Church has little to no impact on how we go on in our life, and how we judge things. In many countries the default assumption is that one is actual atheist or at least agnostic.
It is definitely VERY different to the US. Obviously you have individuals here and there but their general mindset around church is pretty much what my country left in the 70s. Priests/pastors and their partners as role models to a congregation, people identify with their churches statutes, take their pastor’s/priest’s preaching as teachings, seek them out for advise..... that sounds all so foreign to me, going to church regularly....

Anyway. Happy to see the vlogs being back to contain actually interesting content.

I love that Brenda's "off message!"

• Haha
“Don’t you know who I AM? There’s a Christmas Workshop at stake here. Let me through or you’ll be hearing from my Facebook friends, and trust me, you don’t want that!”
"Step aside ignorant Garda person, I simply HAVE to reach Lalande. They cannot live without me, my presence there is essential. I will prove this to strangers on Facebook by wearing Stephanie like a hat."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.