The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i stick to Fan..its my guilty pleasure..i quit Dan and Selmar..i cannot watch Selmar ..what a disgrace for The Netherlands..yuk..he is almost the same age as me and he cannot even talk English..no problem if you are not able..but fgs..dont vlog if you cannot make yourself presentable..and Dan..like i said..too much brico and plasterboard..and his droneshots of his green van give me the itches..try something else man..he also likes the chateaulife a bit too much..i liked him in the beginning,,but now he is walking next to his shoes...in my humble opinion..I watch Begmania...its fascinating to see..ones a traveller ....always a traveller..they have a chateau...but they still stay grifting travellers..with all that comes with it..only the caravans are gone..

Dan could do something like this guy. Lots of viewers

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thanks for the new thread.

@MagpieSassyPants CP Mary is doing well. She is isolating. The royal family have been exemplary regarding conduct during COVID. My heart does break as Queen Margrethe were to celebrate her 50 years jubilee as Queen, these celebrations have been postponed, and the New Year's Gala have been cancelled.

@NoIAmNotAHorse I see where you come from, and you see where I come from. No ill will, lets move on, shall we?

RE: Bully; so Bully was bullied by his fellow soldiers, so now he bullies and belittles everybody on his big camera. I wonder if that makes him feel big, powerful and strong...

NB: I do find it terribly odd, that a tattler, who started by attacking another tattler, and then said that Tattle wasn't the place for them because of too much nastiness, only to now show up and defend traveling across boarders... I would almost call it perfect timing... :unsure:🧐🧐🧐
I hate to hear that regarding Queen Margrethe, as you know I just adore her. I can only imagine she would have designed a new gown for the 50th, but she can wear the amazing lime/apple green silk ballgown to every big event for the rest of my life and I would be delighted! I'm a bit sad about the New Year's Gala has been cancelled as well, it is one of my fave tiara spotting events!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aunt Chantal likes moulin et frites....well thats my kind of girl...you dont eat them out of the pan though...but you definitely use a shell to eat them..Snort didnt know..well he is from Limburg.. :rolleyes: he is forgiven...i bet he is allergic to moulins ...
I had to Google what moulin et frites is and I'm glad I did! I love mussels!!!...A few miles from here (about 10 or so) is a place called Mussel Beach and we used to go there to pick mussels right off of the rocks! It was fabulous!!!...The path down to the beach was actually an almost vertical sandstone cliff that, over the years, people have carved "steps" into but the first part down you have to lower yourself down with a rope attached to a tree! I could never get down there now but luckily we live in a seaside town and there are a lot of fresh seafood shops around....One of my favorite memories is of my ex, who had become my best friend in the last 2 years of his life, used to take me to the beach to watch the HUGE waves coming in and we'd stop at our favorite fresh seafood shop to get freshly made shrimp cocktail bowls...My mouth is watering just thinking about them, as well as the mussels!!!!...We also used to go buy fresh fish and crabs right off of the boats! Ahhhhh...memories!!! :cry: 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't know for all the other Tattlers but I really don't feel like watching any more vlogs from the P. family.
Their arrogance and sense of entitlement are awful.
They laugh at people in front of their camera and answer the comments with such an arrogance.

All of them. The two brothers, the sister, the French partner, the mother and even the father always working and mumbling things while ignoring the problems with his children leaving his wife coping with them.

And now, this military story that they still deny exists and do as if they are above laws, rules and principles.

I'll stick to Steph (sorry Steph), Dan (he's funny in his way and has changed his attitude etc) and Selmar (by curiosity haha).
I am fortunate that I have never really watched the Petherick clan, in fact I block their channels. While I have enjoyed hearing the bits of tea here, I have no time to watch them. Your post only underscores that, although I block Sillymar as well. I have no desire to witness the coming downfall in real time.

Reactions: 17
I live in the upper Midwest USA, and "snow thunder" is definitely a thing, though rare. I heard it the other night and found out the next morning that some tornados had touched down in the southern part of the state. They were weak, but it was the first documented case of a tornado ever in the month of December.
Wow...I saw the word "tornado" and I instantly flashed back to this morning....they had a scheduled warning alarm practice right across the bay from us and it woke me up...scared the crap out of me. I didn't know at the time that it was scheduled and my thoughts went from "air raid warning" to "tornado warning" to "tsunami warning"...I was all over the place panicking. I called my daughter who works for a security and answering service and she told me it was scheduled....my old heart almost couldn't take it!!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
witchgrass said:
So I didn't know what "Household Cavalry" was before today, but isn't it pretty much a perpetual fancy dress party? The mounted version is described as being ceremonial. "The Household Cavalry Musical Ride has been performed at agricultural shows, military tattoos since the 1880s. The display is often accompanied by the drum horses and mounted State Trumpeters of The Mounted Band Of The Household Cavalry. During the display it is usually recorded music of that band. The Musical Ride demonstrates the skills that were required by cavalry in times of war. "

It sounds like Disneyland army reserves.
@NotAChatelaine
Um, no, the Household Cavalry is not a "perpetual fancy dress party", in the same way way that guardsmen in the five Brigade of Guards regiments are not Toy Town soldiers permanently marching about in bearskins! Both elements of the British army see active service (not written in a huff, just wanting to clarify a misconception and as a daughter whose late father served with 1 of the Guards regiments...tanks, WWII).

For those who still think it’s a version of Disneyland see below

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just watched Aunty and Uncle go to the market.
What fascinated me was they bought seafood first and then went for lunch and a bit of a antique shop!
I do hope they have a ice chest in the boot of the car for that seafood.
I know its cold there but I guess , being an Australian and our warmer weather and all....... seafood food poisoning from warm shellfish etc is a big old No No !
I would go straight home with that food !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I hate to hear that regarding Queen Margrethe, as you know I just adore her. I can only imagine she would have designed a new gown for the 50th, but she can wear the amazing lime/apple green silk ballgown to every big event for the rest of my life and I would be delighted! I'm a bit sad about the New Year's Gala has been cancelled as well, it is one of my fave tiara spotting events!
Queen Margarethe is lovely..very smart and artistic..i also like the fact she still smokes likes a chimney.. and wears her furs..its always the more the merrier.. .she also lost a lott of strain since her husband died..i wish her a good health and more years on the throne..

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@NotAChatelaine
Um, no, the Household Cavalry is not a "perpetual fancy dress party", in the same way way that guardsmen in the five Brigade of Guards regiments are not Toy Town soldiers permanently marching about in bearskins! Both elements of the British army see active service (not written in a huff, just wanting to clarify a misconception and as a daughter whose late father served with 1 of the Guards regiments...tanks, WWII).

For those who still think it’s a version of Disneyland see below
In the spirit of transparency, I believe that I used the phrase initially, not in a derogatory manner, but to suggest that BP may have been attracted to the attention he might get in full ceremonial uniform without considering that he would also be first and foremost a regular soldier.
I entirely agree with you and In fact posted a link earlier to the same article you have included in your post.

"I respect your views but I wonder what he thought he was enlisting in - some kind of perpetual fancy dress party?"

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just watched Aunty and Uncle go to the market.
What fascinated me was they bought seafood first and then went for lunch and a bit of a antique shop!
I do hope they have a ice chest in the boot of the car for that seafood.
I know its cold there but I guess , being an Australian and our warmer weather and all....... seafood food poisoning from warm shellfish etc is a big old No No !
I would go straight home with that food !
its not a problem this time of the year..we do the same..never been sick..in summer its different though..

• Heart
Queen Margarethe is lovely..very smart and artistic..i also like the fact she still smokes likes a chimney.. and wears her furs..its always the more the merrier.. .she also lost a lott of strain since her husband died..i wish her a good health and more years on the throne..
Princess Mary reminds me a great deal of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Both " commoners" but entirely suited to their roles as future Queens.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In the spirit of transparency, I believe that I used the phrase initially, not in a derogatory manner, but to suggest that BP may have been attracted to the attention he might get in full uniform without considering that he would also be first and foremost a regular soldier.
I entirely agree with you and In fact posted a link earlier to the same article you have included in your post.

"I respect your views but I wonder what he thought he was enlisting in - some kind of perpetual fancy dress party?"

Oh no sorry, I came on the new thread to post as soon as I saw the first comment. I am very proud of our military, having grown up around it, worked for it all my working life and married (and divorced a sailor).
I should finished the last thread before posting then I would have seen your reply.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I had to Google what moulin et frites is and I'm glad I did! I love mussels!!!...A few miles from here (about 10 or so) is a place called Mussel Beach and we used to go there to pick mussels right off of the rocks! It was fabulous!!!...The path down to the beach was actually an almost vertical sandstone cliff that, over the years, people have carved "steps" into but the first part down you have to lower yourself down with a rope attached to a tree! I could never get down there now but luckily we live in a seaside town and there are a lot of fresh seafood shops around....One of my favorite memories is of my ex, who had become my best friend in the last 2 years of his life, used to take me to the beach to watch the HUGE waves coming in and we'd stop at our favorite fresh seafood shop to get freshly made shrimp cocktail bowls...My mouth is watering just thinking about them, as well as the mussels!!!!...We also used to go buy fresh fish and crabs right off of the boats! Ahhhhh...memories!!! :cry: 😔
its moules et frites..now i understand you had to google it.. :LOL: my laptop sometimes plays tricks with me..have to say..i dropped a glass of wine in it a few years ago...but it still works ..although some keys dont work anymore like they used to..;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched a little bit Tatty and Dulmar's new video. Tatty got an iphone for Dulmar and pretends Sinterklaas left it outside. She has to ask him 5 times to go check the door as she has to go to the bathroom, so he will find his surprise. 5 times! unbelievable.
Quite believable for foggy Selmar. He's rather dull you know, doesn't pick up on cues very well. Tatty should have bought a less expensive phone. It doesn't look good to be extravagant when begging for dollars. He won't be able to figure out how to use it anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh I agree, from her designs for the theatre and ballet, to the illustrations for the Tolkien translation, to the piece on youtube teaching people how to make a fox mask from construction paper, she is the royal which which I would most like to, "hang." Or "Vibe." We could smoke and drink and talk about art and design and if I was extremely lucky play in the jewel vault with her, (yes I am well aware that would never happen, but a girl can dream.) The way she uses her diamond floral pieces in her hair is just stunning, especially with her steel gray hair. That being said, my favorite picture of her is in the market in France outside of her summer home. Relaxed, chic, and very interested in the food they would be serving that evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In the spirit of transparency, I believe that I used the phrase initially, not in a derogatory manner, but to suggest that BP may have been attracted to the attention he might get in full ceremonial uniform without considering that he would also be first and foremost a regular soldier.

What’s ironic (I guess) about the whole story is that had Billy not deserted, he probably never would have traveled to France, met Gwen, and live in a chateau now. And we would probably would never have heard of him. No wonder he appears to treat his desertion as a joke in the comments ...he’s laughing all the way to the bank!

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Oh I agree, from her designs for the theatre and ballet, to the illustrations for the Tolkien translation, to the piece on youtube teaching people how to make a fox mask from construction paper, she is the royal which which I would most like to, "hang." Or "Vibe." We could smoke and drink and talk about art and design and if I was extremely lucky play in the jewel vault with her, (yes I am well aware that would never happen, but a girl can dream.) The way she uses her diamond floral pieces in her hair is just stunning, especially with her steel gray hair. That being said, my favorite picture of her is in the market in France outside of her summer home. Relaxed, chic, and very interested in the food they would be serving that evening!
indeed..and she always wears the same clothes when she is in France.. :D have to say i do the same..

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Billy has blown it for me, I'll never watch any of the Pethericks again. I don't have huge feelings about the military but I do feel strongly about fulfilling contracts. He went in with his eyes open and no doubt enjoyed the prestige of being a trooper.
There are ways to get out of any contract if you need to. Running away is never one of them and really shows his character. The fact that he ran away and never dealt with it, for 13 years!, is low. And now he seems to almost laugh about it! So enjoy your dishonourable discharge you horrible little man. Bye bye.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.