The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Michael Bergantino has highjacked, CD's day 17, comments...

kimi
1 hour ago (edited)
@The Chateau Diaries i sure hope this story has been vetted. I would hate to see people being scammed. No offense to Michael if this is true and I wish you well if so. I have never seen fund raising direct to paypal

Michael Bergantino
1 hour ago
@kimi I appreciate your concern for Stephanie and the community. Instead of some other fundraising organizations, PayPal now has "Generosity Campaigns" which allow fee free donations towards various types of fundraising. I just used their program versus some other programs. I wouldn't have asked Stephanie and Nati about this if I hadn't known them for some time now. I appreciate their support and friendship.

Michael Bergantino
51 minutes ago
@flibbertygibbette Thanks for your post. Yes, I know about the Affordable Care Act and maximums. I appreciate the information. I can understand the confusion in how I worded the fundraiser. I am not asking for $117,000...that would be absurd, even for the US. 😂 My fundraiser limit is $20k and I don't expect it to even get close to that. That's just the parameters of the Generosity Campaign program. I know it's been a difficult time for everyone and I have no expectations. It's been nice just having people wishing me well, as you have. So thank you for that. ❤

Michael Bergantino
44 minutes ago
@Peggy Vick Thanks Peggy. I mentioned in another comment that I guess I made the post confusing. Someone I knew outside the US suggested that I post an average cost in the US, but my fundraiser isn't for that amount. ($117K) My fundraiser is limited and I don't expect to get near that amount. I am searching for all options before I have the surgery because it will be a long recovery. Thanks!

Michael Bergantino
40 minutes ago
@Lisa in New Zealand Thanks Lisa. YouTube doesn't really work that way unfortunately for a single video as you need to have a large number of subscribers and views in your channel history before a video can be monetized. But I like your idea and support of trying to come up with ideas for me! ❤ Thanks again.

Marykguise
36 minutes ago
@Michael Bergantino I’ve been battling severe health problems for the last 20 years. It’s been really difficult in so many ways so I understand better than most. My faith in God and trusting Him has been the only thing that has gotten me through. Continued prayers and please keep us posted!! 🙏💗

Michael Bergantino
30 minutes ago
@Marykguise Thank you Mary. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. Chronic pain is so awful and I wish you the comfort you deserve. A friend of mine was permanently disabled in a work accident and it's sad to see how each year his freedom of movement and activities has diminished. Thank you again for your blessings. Please accept mine. ❤🙏

bee french
23 minutes ago
@Michael Bergantino Michael ,you brought something good to vlog comments: that different perspectives, knowledge and hopefully solutions could be politely shared (and even debated). None of us know everything and the more we expand our knowledge, the more we can understand

Michael Bergantino
2 minutes ago
@bee french That's very kind of you to say. I appreciate what everyone has to say. As you said, we're all learning all the time! Having had Long Covid for so long has been frustrating because of the lack of research that is available. But communicating with others in similar situations through social media and friends has helped to not feel so isolated. With Covid issues, Doctors want to solve the problem and ailment and honestly aren't as concerned about what caused it. It's a difficult problem for so many people around the world. I'm actually lucky that I didn't already have a heart attack or stroke, as so many people have. My surgeon is surprised too. A friend of mine found his friend died of a heart attack alone in his apartment after mentioning he thought he had Covid. It's a painful and damaging virus that I hope everyone can avoid through proper vaccinations and precautions.
He obviously has hijacked the comments. Now it’s all about him and his COVID. Look, COVID is damn scary. I myself an just recovering from it at age 69 and my partner at age 79 who was hospitalized !
there are so many unanswered questions I have and to this day don’t believe anything the doctors told me.
thank God we are both extremely healthy and survived this nightmare….. that said. I don’t plaster my saga all over social media.

Checked that one too. So she can afford to buy him a new iPhone, but not the chateau of his dreams?
DOUBLE CHECK ! the phone she bought him was a VERY old one that probably came very very cheaply. You can tell by the back lenses only 2 vs 3 like the iPhone I bought 2 years ago and now am on my next level iPhone. It’s got to be at least 3 years old.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I don't know for all the other Tattlers but I really don't feel like watching any more vlogs from the P. family.
Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is awful.
They laugh at people in front of their camera and answer the comments with such an arrogance.

All of them. The two brothers, the sister, the French partner, the mother and even the father always working and mumbling things while ignoring the problems with his children leaving his wife coping with them.

And now, this military story that they still deny exists and do as if they are above laws, rules and principles.

I'll stick to Steph (sorry Steph), Dan (he's funny in his way and has changed his attitude etc) and Selmar (by curiosity haha).
I’ve never watched them, so I just skip over posts about them, I find SJ and co. enough blood pressure raising viewing for me. Although my husband would disagree he says I watch grifters and thrifters exclusively

• Haha
Reactions: 25
From CD's day 18 live chat...

Joy Kajiwara I don’t understand why people making nasty comments don’t just log off and find something to make them happy in life to focus on

The Chateau Diaries Hello from Lalande wonderful people
The Chateau Diaries We’re in the middle of our Christmas Cocktail Party at Lalande

The Chateau Diaries @Joy Kajiwara Thank you! Usually we can be here, but it’s just very busy this evening as it’s our Christmas party. Sarah and Steve are visiting us and I hadn’t seen them for ages!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I currently don't really have the time or desire to keep up with the Grifters & Co. but I'm disappointed and I would like to vent.

I've hinted at it once and I was going to leave it at that but for the record, I've done my military service, served as a UN peacekeeper and I'm still in the reserve force of my home country.

I have no illusions about these military institutions and I rather view them as a necessary evil. They get you young and dumb and exploit you but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything. They say you must stay for a certain period of time but, if you're not somewhere like North Korea, that really isn't true. If you can't take the heat and can't stick to your guns, the military doesn't want you. No need to desert during peace times. Ask and you will be let go from a modern military in a democratic country.

More importantly, I wouldn't want my life to depend on someone who's thinking of running away.

I don't know what kind of bullying has taken place but one should expect certain amount of hazing in any military. I don't know if it's right but a little ragging is nothing compared to having live bullets flying over your head. Snowflakes need not apply. When the hazing goes too far, I can't imagine a military not having ways to deal with it. Cue all day piggyback marches and other fun team building exercises military style. If that doesn't work, the perpetrators are the ones likely to get the boot.

And to get nothing but discharged for desertion beggars belief. As far as I'm aware, militaries treat desertion equal to treason, sexual assault and murder. There really aren't many other ways to get dishonourable discharge. Not sure if that's right either but it plays in the propaganda image of honour in the service.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say but never in my wildest dreams was I ever thinking of going AWOL. And everybody thinks of quitting the service at some point and I saw many leave but they did it in proper order. Worst AWOL I've witnessed happened when some officer candidates failed to return to base before curfew. If you get punished for being few minutes late, how can someone get a mere slap in the wrist for going on the run for years? It's such a slap in the face for the rest of the guys who serve.

I'm disappointed that I was warming up to Biffy's daily vlogging. I have literally trusted my life on others and others have trusted me but I wouldn't trust Biffy Pathetic as far as I could throw him. Normally, I'm dead against death penalty but during a war I could be required to pull the trigger on a deserter.

I'm not British but I guess I'm surprised there wasn't even a suspended sentence. Maybe he cried a river at the hearing as that seems to be the family way. It's never their own fault.

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
♥

UK armed forces ..
My understanding of going awol / desertion is that you are court marshalled and serve time in military jail. If you still want to leave the military before the end of your contract you buy your way out.
I know someone this happened to in the mid 90's. He went awol from Germany and then as above .. court marshal, jail, buy out.

I know military men inside out, grew up with them and feel rest assured that hell would freeze over before Dick Strawbridge would support this situation knowingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't know for all the other Tattlers but I really don't feel like watching any more vlogs from the P. family.
Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is awful.
They laugh at people in front of their camera and answer the comments with such an arrogance.

All of them. The two brothers, the sister, the French partner, the mother and even the father always working and mumbling things while ignoring the problems with his children leaving his wife coping with them.

And now, this military story that they still deny exists and do as if they are above laws, rules and principles.

I'll stick to Steph (sorry Steph), Dan (he's funny in his way and has changed his attitude etc) and Selmar (by curiosity haha).
i stick to Fan..its my guilty pleasure..i quit Dan and Selmar..i cannot watch Selmar ..what a disgrace for The Netherlands..yuk..he is almost the same age as me and he cannot even talk English..no problem if you are not able..but fgs..dont vlog if you cannot make yourself presentable..and Dan..like i said..too much brico and plasterboard..and his droneshots of his green van give me the itches..try something else man..he also likes the chateaulife a bit too much..i liked him in the beginning,,but now he is walking next to his shoes...in my humble opinion..I watch Begmania...its fascinating to see..ones a traveller ....always a traveller..they have a chateau...but they still stay grifting travellers..with all that comes with it..only the caravans are gone..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
The Army deserter who Escaped to the Chateau
I wonder who leaked that story to the press Billy? You know a story is leaked when it deviates from the topic & starts describing (advertising) the property, person or business apart from the actual story. The story revealed his B&B business, the history & name of his home & number of rooms. There must have been a lot of small military court cases of people leaving & it's never made the UK press unless it was something serious, someone famous or linked to a famous person (family relative etc). Those responding on DM are not all his fans, they are just giving an opinion of the story, that's what they (we) do. I've had an account there for 4 years. He took a risk by leaking the story to promote himself & his business & has got a mixed reaction. I don't dislike him because he is more hard working than his brother who was the only one I initially knew through CD & I don't agree with how Tatlers feel Gwen financially takes care of his family because the parents had a home & might be landlord earners from properties in UK & France. Also the sister & mum must have saved them a lot of childcare money, they have 2 kids under 5. People change careers & make mistakes at every age, I don't have a problem with what he did, he was 21, changed his mind & left his job & was reprimanded for it but that story was from his camp.

Daily Mail encourages (& pays) people to send them an interesting story & this was accepted & published because of the channel 4 & army references. Why would the press write an article about a random person who left his job military or not? The UK press don't stand around small courts writing stories about hardly known people. Billy, Steph & CDIY are not well known in UK. Dick & Angel's show might be but I hadn't heard of them or their show until it was mentioned on CD. CDIY is not a famous show, it's a time filler between 4 & 5pm. Come dine with me was broadcast at a similar time (5pm) but was much more popular.

About the SJ covid case, I remember she was one of the annoying people that went on holiday when there was fear of the start a pandemic & others had cancelled their flights. She travelled to Asia with Gerry & almost got stranded because a lot of countries (& France) was closing it's borders. This was when she had to drive home from France becuse all flights were cancelled & had to isolate in her room for 2 weeks. I notice she has learnt nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
i stick to Fan..its my guilty pleasure..i quit Dan and Selmar..i cannot watch Selmar ..what a disgrace for The Netherlands..yuk..he is almost the same age as me and he cannot even talk English..no problem if you are not able..but fgs..dont vlog if you cannot make yourself presentable..and Dan..like i said..too much brico and plasterboard..and his droneshots of his green van give me the itches..try something else man..he also likes the chateaulife a bit too much..i liked him in the beginning,,but now he is walking next to his shoes...in my humble opinion..I watch Begmania...its fascinating to see..ones a traveller ....always a traveller..they have a chateau...but they still stay grifting travellers..with all that comes with it..only the caravans are gone..
Ummmmm.... I'm not sure why there is discrimination towards the traveller community here. As long as travellers contribute towards the tax system and are generally moral human beings then I see no need to be hateful towards them for being part of an alternative way of life. You may wish to revise this phrasing - it's reading as bigoted...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Will SJ's Aunt and Uncle get stuck in France? Or just Quarantine when back in the UK?
I hated that it was a double date with Aunty, uncle and the stupid duo.
He was probably asking for her hand in marriage when they were at the restaurant and SJ went over to yak about the little off shoot area in the restaurant which I found suspect.

I fear an announcement coming.
I gotta quit watching that s**t.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I was really surprised at how much Steph's aunt has changed since her last visit. I am sure she was fair-haired and now she's gone dark and she looks much older. She certainly has a sunnier personality than IJ. I would think she is at least 10 years younger. I had also thought she was taller than she is. Her husband is quite jolly. When I think about it, it was probably when they were at IJ's wedding that we last saw her and that was probably at least two years ago? BJJ seemed rather more subdued in their company until later. I am jealous of all the wonderful markets in France. You rarely, if ever, see such great markets in the UK.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I wonder who leaked that story to the press Billy? You know a story is leaked when it deviates from the topic & starts describing (advertising) the property, person or business apart from the actual story. The story revealed his B&B business, the history & name of his home & number of rooms. There must have been a lot of small military court cases of people leaving & it's never made the UK press unless it was something serious, someone famous or linked to a famous person (family relative etc). Those responding on DM are not all his fans, they are just giving an opinion of the story, that's what they (we) do. I've had an account there for 4 years. He took a risk by leaking the story to promote himself & his business & has got a mixed reaction. I don't dislike him because he is more hard working than his brother who was the only one I initially knew through CD & I don't agree with how Tatlers feel Gwen financially takes care of his family because the parents had a home & might be landlord earners from properties in UK & France. Also the sister & mum must have saved them a lot of childcare money, they have 2 kids under 5. People change careers & make mistakes at every age, I don't have a problem with what he did, he was 21, changed his mind & left his job & was reprimanded for it but that story was from his camp.

Daily Mail encourages (& pays) people to send them an interesting story & this was accepted & published because of the channel 4 & army references. Why would the press write an article about a random person who left his job military or not? The UK press don't stand around small courts writing stories about hardly known people. Billy, Steph & CDIY are not well known in UK. Dick & Angel's show might be but I hadn't heard of them or their show until it was mentioned on CD. CDIY is not a famous show, it's a time filler between 4 & 5pm. Come dine with me was broadcast at a similar time (5pm) but was much more popular.

About the SJ covid case, I remember she was one of the annoying people that went on holiday when there was fear of the start a pandemic & others had cancelled their flights. She travelled to Asia with Gerry & almost got stranded because a lot of countries (& France) was closing it's borders. This was when she had to drive home from France becuse all flights were cancelled & had to isolate in her room for 2 weeks. I notice she has learnt nothing.
well let me point out to you ..one of your beloved pethericks also travelled to Madrid a few times to let his hungry pony graze..and btw you are very defensive on the Begmania camp..wasnt laughing at us on the last vlog from Sadie not enough?? :rolleyes: i dont even care about that Billy story..i guess some more dirty things will end up ...not only about Billy.when you want to make money..and your private life public...be ready all the dirt is gonna be dug up...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Dan is disappointing me.
He is at the chateau booze party and cannot vlog.
He can't film Snorts proposing until SJ lets the cat out of the bag in 2023.

I hope Annalise is in attendance too.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Their arrogance and sense of entitlement are awful.

Regards MOLD - I gave 🆙 on that car crash 💥 when he “went” back to 🇪🇸 to deposit his unwanted paid for companion.

It’s dead on the Petherick 🧵

Silence is golden

I’m very clear about my love for pa Petherick - and I’d found of late Sadie was making a go of her channel
Best auntie - I’d have her around !!!

Billy speilberg - but of a hit n miss

Only now my disappointment is complete
His life - his way
Adios

As for Stephanie Jarvis it’s not the first time nor the last I’ll lay this claim right next to her name

Stephanie Jarvis 🔐Ponzi scheme

Deliberate in her intentions
Malacious in delivery
Machiavellian in every intent

Time will tell ……
Winter has arrived .
😈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Yes, someone definitely leaked the story to the Daily Fail.

I wonder if one of Dick's former army mates tipped him off about it? You know what they say, revenge is a dish best served cold! The Dialy Mail did a story on Dick in August to promote the new series of ETTC, so he has contacts there.

Unfortunately, most of the comments under the story support Billy.

It really has been an annus horribilis for the Methericks; January Boy Meth-rick flits off Spain, December we have Deserter Billy! Merry Christmas Ma Methrick!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I had to laugh...out loud..Fan is allergic to oysters,,,she had one bad oyster when she was 20..well i now understand why all that men ran away... :rolleyes: i always thought her oyster was closed for well endowed men...i understand why she has snort around...he for sure wouldnt damage her precious oyster..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes, someone definitely leaked the story to the Daily Fail.

I wonder if one of Dick's former army mates tipped him off about it? You know what they say, revenge is a dish best served cold! The Dialy Mail did a story on Dick in August to promote the new series of ETTC, so he has contacts there.

Unfortunately, most of the comments under the story support Billy.

It really has been an annus horribilis for the Methericks; January Boy Meth-rick flits off Spain, December we have Deserter Billy! Merry Christmas Ma Methrick!
I think it's more like to be someone from his Army days. who recognised him on TV. Nothing in that article that hasn't been well documented and so it wouldn't take a journalist more than 10 minutes to get the info he needed for an article.
I don't think this is Dick and Angel's style to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Re Billy Pethrick. If he had been caught soon after going AWOL he would have probably been in front of a court martial and spent time in DQ's. As he was caught quite some time later his Court martial more than likely said "p off" we don't want you, don't want to feed and house you for any length of time; you're not getting your pension. P off back to France you bloody tosser.

Reactions: 34
Might it have been Dick and Angel getting back at them after Michael's rant?
i dont think so...i think they are busy with more important things ..the begmania clan would surely do such a thing...there is a dutch saying...zo de waard is... zo vertrouwt hij zijn gasten...it says..the innkeeper always trusts his guests ...in the same way he looks at things..

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.