The Chateau Diaries #97. The Omikron and the Asses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My little brother was in the US Air Force and was deployed twice to Afghanistan. He suffers from PTSD and it has caused some problems between him and some of my other siblings (to the point that they do not speak to one another, even after two+ years). It's disgraceful what Billy did. How grossly unfair if he was able to "buy off" the years he deserted, thanks to his heiress wife. He should be in prison, but we all know that prison is only for poor people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
E050F173-647D-4D57-B167-75DBC5B917B3.jpeg

Snorty double dating while bubble friend shoved off on strangers. Some holiday, the husbands get no hot water, made to decorate, cook and babysit some random who can’t keep her dog from jumping on SJ’s white coat. Snorty is a TOAD, go kiss another frog I mean you have all that mistletoe.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My little brother was in the US Air Force and was deployed twice to Afghanistan. He suffers from PTSD and it has caused some problems between him and some of my other siblings (to the point that they do not speak to one another, even after two+ years). It's disgraceful what Billy did. How grossly unfair if he was able to "buy off" the years he deserted, thanks to his heiress wife. He should be in prison, but we all know that prison is only for poor people.
so sorry to hear that..l hope your brother gets some help to cope..family is everything..sometimes family can be difficult , believe me i know..but in the end you have to sort it out..makes life better..i cannot say anythng about the military..never been in it..my family is allergic to the military..i cannot recall anybody who has been in there for maybe the last 400 years..

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Re Billy Pethrick. If he had been caught soon after going AWOL he would have probably been in front of a court martial and spent time in DQ's. As he was caught quite some time later his Court martial more than likely said "p off" we don't want you, don't want to feed and house you for any length of time; you're not getting your pension. P off back to France you bloody tosser.
Welcome back @Geordieboy71 !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
...I really doubt dick had anything to do with this coming out...but good on him for showing restraint when his wife was attacked...must’ve been difficult to bite your tongue...imagine he and Angela knew all about it...but really...nothing people do surprises anymore...this does explain bp‘s attitude adjustment as of late...he and the clan probably knew what was coming.

🧐...maybe the tide is turning on these not so bright con artists...
...wonder if SJ is shittin’ bricks...maybe her turn in the hot seat is right around the corner...😎

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thanks guys for all the love. I've cheered up now and I return it a thousandfold.
While I was pottering around the house listening to the You Tube feed something came up about being positive and how we had become pampered compared to our ancestors who had to suffer plague, the pox and wars amongst other things whereas we have more resources than they had which makes it easier for us.
The most precious thing is being grateful for what you have. Some children in the world have nothing not even toys but can wake up and be joyous. We need to rely less on materialism which will make us more resilient. We think we have it bad but some people have it really bad. I think this is the lesson we are learning. I certainly am.
I was hooked by this point and sat down to pay more attention. People were asking questions about Covid amongst other things and they said there would be a short lockdown in January (which sounds like the circuit breaker) and a 4th injection for the new variant. The virus was getting weaker every time and will mutate to adapt to us as we are a collection of viruses and they think it will become benign.
We will gradually get back to normality and it will never be as bad as before.
We basically have to use common sense now and keep out of clubs and away from large crowds.
They also spoke of snow thunder where they lived, which I think is the Dorset area of the UK, which sounded scary and was something I think they said happened at the beginning of the first lockdown and people thought it was Armageddon and the end of the world! Has any Tattler got experience of this phenomenon?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Aunt Chantal likes moulin et frites....well thats my kind of girl...you dont eat them out of the pan though...but you definitely use a shell to eat them..Snort didnt know..well he is from Limburg.. :rolleyes: he is forgiven...i bet he is allergic to moulins ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Is someone able to explain what Dan is doing on his studio walls? What I'm used to seeing is drywall and then you paint over it.
Why is he plastering it? It seems like it requires more work by spreading that plaster.
Maybe someone answered you already ( sorry it they have ). I think that you like me, are used to drywall/gyprock where it is put up, taped and compound layered on thinly and then sanded, primed and painted. I just recently ( before Dan's vlog ) saw a "This Old House" program where they show plasterboard, which is not so popular in NA and drywall , and they explained the differences . Plasterboard is put on the same way as Dan is doing and uses plaster not drywall compound. You do not wait for it to dry, you tape the seams, skim them and the screwholes, but then you keep on going until the whole wall is plastered and then you come back and flatten it out. Plastering takes much more skill to do, but I would pick drywall any day of the week even with the horrible sanding and dust.
There are also other wall treatments ( don't know the name ) that the walls have the texture of an orange. When my husband and I were visiting his aunt in Orlando Florida, her house walls had this weird textured treatment.
I find it fascinating as my Irish Granfather's family were Plasters in the UK, US and Canada.

Reactions: 8
(I think my post got caught between the old and new thread!)

Now I officially think Billy is a low life and piece of trash. I didn’t think anyone could be lower than that crying, begging, foppy brother of his, but Billy has hit a new low. Absolutely no apologies whatsoever. Arrogant ass. And no, Billy, you are NOT a rockstar…far from it. Don’t feed his overinflated, big headed ego, Troy.

View attachment 931488View attachment 931489
80% is a barefaced lie. I know it’s the Mail but they dug that up from court documents so unless he’s claiming that the Army lied about him, he’s full of tit.

I don’t particularly care that he deserted, but for him to only be arrested and tried for it this year means he never dealt with it and thus lends weight to what the article claims.

Reactions: 17
Thanks Jeeves.

It's been a sh*t year. Nana passed and we lost a beloved aunt too.

Couldn't let this one pass given my service background. BP is a toss pot. Yes I'm watching my language, no matelot humour/word - some will definitely not approve 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Thanks guys for all the love. I've cheered up now and I return it a thousandfold.
While I was pottering around the house listening to the You Tube feed something came up about being positive and how we had become pampered compared to our ancestors who had to suffer plague, the pox and wars amongst other things whereas we have more resources than they had which makes it easier for us.
The most precious thing is being grateful for what you have. Some children in the world have nothing not even toys but can wake up and be joyous. We need to rely less on materialism which will make us more resilient. We think we have it bad but some people have it really bad. I think this is the lesson we are learning. I certainly am.
I was hooked by this point and sat down to pay more attention. People were asking questions about Covid amongst other things and they said there would be a short lockdown in January (which sounds like the circuit breaker) and a 4th injection for the new variant. The virus was getting weaker every time and will mutate to adapt to us as we are a collection of viruses and they think it will become benign.
We will gradually get back to normality and it will never be as bad as before.
We basically have to use common sense now and keep out of clubs and away from large crowds.
They also spoke of snow thunder where they lived, which I think is the Dorset area of the UK, which sounded scary and was something I think they said happened at the beginning of the first lockdown and people thought it was Armageddon and the end of the world! Has any Tattler got experience of this phenomenon?
I live in the upper Midwest USA, and "snow thunder" is definitely a thing, though rare. I heard it the other night and found out the next morning that some tornados had touched down in the southern part of the state. They were weak, but it was the first documented case of a tornado ever in the month of December.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Thanks Jeeves.

It's been a sh*t year. Nana passed and we lost a beloved aunt too.

Couldn't let this one pass given my service background. BP is a toss pot. Yes I'm watching my language, no matelot humour/word - some will definitely not approve 🤣
So sorry to hear about your dear Nana - we loved hearing about her. I think hearing about so many people who have lost loved ones certainly rankles when we see what's going on elsewhere. I think you are being remarkably restrained in your use of descriptive language!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Is it possible that Billy/Gwen made an ex Gratia payment to the military towards his training etc? and if this was done before the recent hearing that may have contributed to the result.
That sounds like something from a Regency Romance Novel to me, like running off to Gretna Green so no license is needed!

Reactions: 5
He obviously has hijacked the comments. Now it’s all about him and his COVID. Look, COVID is damn scary. I myself an just recovering from it at age 69 and my partner at age 79 who was hospitalized !
there are so many unanswered questions I have and to this day don’t believe anything the doctors told me.
thank God we are both extremely healthy and survived this nightmare….. that said. I don’t plaster my saga all over social media.

DOUBLE CHECK ! the phone she bought him was a VERY old one that probably came very very cheaply. You can tell by the back lenses only 2 vs 3 like the iPhone I bought 2 years ago and now am on my next level iPhone. It’s got to be at least 3 years old.
It’s a Purple iPhone 12. Last year’s non-premium model but in a colour that only launched in April. So it’s still pricey.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.