Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jikki2

Chatty Member
I currently don't really have the time or desire to keep up with the Grifters & Co. but I'm disappointed and I would like to vent.

I've hinted at it once and I was going to leave it at that but for the record, I've done my military service, served as a UN peacekeeper and I'm still in the reserve force of my home country.

I have no illusions about these military institutions and I rather view them as a necessary evil. They get you young and dumb and exploit you but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything. They say you must stay for a certain period of time but, if you're not somewhere like North Korea, that really isn't true. If you can't take the heat and can't stick to your guns, the military doesn't want you. No need to desert during peace times. Ask and you will be let go from a modern military in a democratic country.

More importantly, I wouldn't want my life to depend on someone who's thinking of running away.

I don't know what kind of bullying has taken place but one should expect certain amount of hazing in any military. I don't know if it's right but a little ragging is nothing compared to having live bullets flying over your head. Snowflakes need not apply. When the hazing goes too far, I can't imagine a military not having ways to deal with it. Cue all day piggyback marches and other fun team building exercises military style. If that doesn't work, the perpetrators are the ones likely to get the boot.

And to get nothing but discharged for desertion beggars belief. As far as I'm aware, militaries treat desertion equal to treason, sexual assault and murder. There really aren't many other ways to get dishonourable discharge. Not sure if that's right either but it plays in the propaganda image of honour in the service.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say but never in my wildest dreams was I ever thinking of going AWOL. And everybody thinks of quitting the service at some point and I saw many leave but they did it in proper order. Worst AWOL I've witnessed happened when some officer candidates failed to return to base before curfew. If you get punished for being few minutes late, how can someone get a mere slap in the wrist for going on the run for years? It's such a slap in the face for the rest of the guys who serve.

I'm disappointed that I was warming up to Biffy's daily vlogging. I have literally trusted my life on others and others have trusted me but I wouldn't trust Biffy Pathetic as far as I could throw him. Normally, I'm dead against death penalty but during a war I could be required to pull the trigger on a deserter.

I'm not British but I guess I'm surprised there wasn't even a suspended sentence. Maybe he cried a river at the hearing as that seems to be the family way. It's never their own fault.

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Jeeves

VIP Member
61 - 70. Please read before voting.

The vote for Threads 61 -70 is in two posts - sadly we have a few missing again. Vote using the usual emojis . (It’s easier to see the results instead of trying to search the thread for your votes. Only votes placed in these posts will be counted.

You have only one vote to be used in either post 1 OR post 2. Duplicate votes are discounted.

It also means we don’t use up the thread with individual votes. Votes place after closing will not be counted.

(Don’t “Like” the posts either, unless you’re placing your vote!) Wait for both posts to be up before making your vote.

POST 1

61 Bloody Tattlers they don't rattle - Mojo (y)

62. We are not 15, we are legion. P Green Fairy ❤

63. High Priestess of Greed - Tax Inspector :ROFLMAO:

64. Masters of Delete - Le Comte de Monte Cristo :oops:

65. The end credits are a Hall of Fame for gullible idiots - ???? :sick:

Part 2 coming up after someone else posts so that they don't merge!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 58

Kotare

VIP Member
Chanel bauble on sale - reduced from USD36.99 to USD33.99.
Where does a Workaway volunteer get the money for rings and expensive baubles? His iPhone wielding for her videos ( attendant honking and snorting aside ) surely doesn’t provide the income to justify such expenditure. Remind yourself Sir Snorty - you’re Dutch; your thrifty countrymen will strip you of citizenship for such spendthrift ways.
SJ must be insane or possessed if she thinks this man, young enough to be her son, brings anything to her brand. A lapdog who’s gone from sitting on her knee to Top Dog inserting himself into everything: He should be expelled from the pack.
I try to envisage them rationalising the negative feedback and lack of channel growth. He must have some serious influence if she’s dissuaded he’s not a big factor in that. It seems to me his presence is, at the very best, stalling what was (until his covert to overt inclusion), a rapidly growing business model. The Patreon model is so new, so potentially tentative that, when you consider her audience age and their values, her screwing a man young enough to be her son seems brand suicide. The talents he might have are only recognised by her, perhaps his grandparents and a few Charleston-dancing, femboy-friendly viewers. Word to CLL. These people are NOT your bread and butter. That’s Grannies who love France, history, lifestyle/DIY and were/are locked down. They want to come visit when Covid “goes away”. They want Stephanie in her Provence skirt. They want to sit in the Chapel, take photos of Thor and the Ians. They want to peek in Isabelle’s greenhouse. They don’t want a beanie wearing Dutchman playing at Lord of the Manor twitching, honking and snorting disparagingly at them.
94313CC2-A83C-4379-92A5-03A0194A39A7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
I had to laugh...out loud..Fan is allergic to oysters,,,she had one bad oyster when she was 20..well i now understand why all that men ran away... :rolleyes: i always thought her oyster was closed for well endowed men...i understand why she has snort around...he for sure wouldnt damage her precious oyster..
I call bullshit on that allergy. You don’t get allergic from a bad oyster. You might get where you don’t want to eat them again because you’re scared you’ll puke and shit your brains out again, but that’s not an allergy. ALSO if you’re allergic to shellfish you probably can’t eat crab, shrimp, or MUSSELS (hello idiot) because they are also, in fact, shellfish. Shellfish allergies are serious and can kill you. Adults can suddenly develop an allergy to shellfish. They usually find out by surprise and have a life threatening experience and they are then advised by doctors to avoid all forms of shellfish. Cause it can kill you.

So congratulations! Stephanie! You too have a bullshit allergy just like your little support squirrel! He seems to give allergies to everyone he spends any time with.

🧵SUGGESTION. Allergies, My Ass!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I currently don't really have the time or desire to keep up with the Grifters & Co. but I'm disappointed and I would like to vent.

I've hinted at it once and I was going to leave it at that but for the record, I've done my military service, served as a UN peacekeeper and I'm still in the reserve force of my home country.

I have no illusions about these military institutions and I rather view them as a necessary evil. They get you young and dumb and exploit you but I wouldn't exchange the experience for anything. They say you must stay for a certain period of time but, if you're not somewhere like North Korea, that really isn't true. If you can't take the heat and can't stick to your guns, the military doesn't want you. No need to desert during peace times. Ask and you will be let go from a modern military in a democratic country.

More importantly, I wouldn't want my life to depend on someone who's thinking of running away.

I don't know what kind of bullying has taken place but one should expect certain amount of hazing in any military. I don't know if it's right but a little ragging is nothing compared to having live bullets flying over your head. Snowflakes need not apply. When the hazing goes too far, I can't imagine a military not having ways to deal with it. Cue all day piggyback marches and other fun team building exercises military style. If that doesn't work, the perpetrators are the ones likely to get the boot.

And to get nothing but discharged for desertion beggars belief. As far as I'm aware, militaries treat desertion equal to treason, sexual assault and murder. There really aren't many other ways to get dishonourable discharge. Not sure if that's right either but it plays in the propaganda image of honour in the service.

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say but never in my wildest dreams was I ever thinking of going AWOL. And everybody thinks of quitting the service at some point and I saw many leave but they did it in proper order. Worst AWOL I've witnessed happened when some officer candidates failed to return to base before curfew. If you get punished for being few minutes late, how can someone get a mere slap in the wrist for going on the run for years? It's such a slap in the face for the rest of the guys who serve.

I'm disappointed that I was warming up to Biffy's daily vlogging. I have literally trusted my life on others and others have trusted me but I wouldn't trust Biffy Pathetic as far as I could throw him. Normally, I'm dead against death penalty but during a war I could be required to pull the trigger on a deserter.

I'm not British but I guess I'm surprised there wasn't even a suspended sentence. Maybe he cried a river at the hearing as that seems to be the family way. It's never their own fault.

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
Know this

I thank you for your service ❤
Im entirely dependent on you and ppl like you whom serve - and I don’t underestimate the cost of the service to you or your family.

M
1225D308-9DE5-41E5-ACDA-FAFADDA27AD3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Haha

Gaj
6 hours ago
So lovely as is usually your way. Your comment on the dark skinned slave working the fields was quite insensitive and offensive. I’m sure it was a stream of thought, but better to have edited that. You’re Aunt and Uncle are divine treasures!

Hide reply

View attachment 932483
The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
The woman in the photo was definitely not a slave - those were photos of this local area taken in around 1906. At that time there was no slavery in France. Also, very few French people were black at the turn of the 20th century in this part of rural France. She may have seemed darker skinned because of the blurring of the very old photo? Sadly, this area is still very lacking in cultural diversity to this day.
Stefanny's area is lacking cultural diversity? What the hell is she talking about? She has an English couple living just a short hop away and her estranged former guardians are a Dutch gay couple living five minutes down the road. Not to mention her own house is a collection of weirdos from around the world. How much more cultural diversity do you want in a tiny village?

And let's not forget the plethora of living organisms found in her own kitchen. There's a culture or ten for the scientists to study.

I'm tired of her colonial mentality. She's acting like a conqueror bringing enlightenment to the natives while in reality she's spreading disease and destruction. She's in France and not in an unchartered part of Papua New Guinea. She and her Hedgehog Handbag Carrier are the only uncultured ones around.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Just watched a little bit Tatty and Dulmar's new video. Tatty got an iphone for Dulmar and pretends Sinterklaas left it outside. She has to ask him 5 times to go check the door as she has to go to the bathroom, so he will find his surprise. 5 times! unbelievable.
Checked that one too. So she can afford to buy him a new iPhone, but not the chateau of his dreams?

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Jeeves

VIP Member
Post 2.

76. The only thing that Philip isn’t allergic to is air and that’s questionable at times. - Tony in LA. (y)

77. SJ wouldn't know a proper restoration if it came in a peacock costume and flew into her face. - Nastynan ❤

78. All Fur Coat and No Knickers - GIBSON 🤣

79. Snorts would have thrown doilies at the leaks. - Freesia54 :sick:

80. Baby Philip has more stuffed toys than Baby Ernest. - Pno :mad:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

Jeeves

VIP Member
Moreover your assumptions is only mere fictional/delusional C-O-N-J-E-C-T-U-R-E combined with improper use of English with a double negative. Would your personally insulting someone you never met combined with bad English be better used as E-N-E-R-G-Y to improve your self, your insight & your awareness.
I f you are using "assumptions" in the plural then you need to say that "your assumptions ARE only mere fictional/ delusional C-O-N-J-E-C-T-U-R-E. " rather than is." (I only add this as I see that you have an interest in improving the use of English.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Mindi and Laura are sipping the Kool Aid .... thank God for Duncan .... I gave him a like.

Mindi Scott
1 hour ago
I'm thankful that the years you spent struggling, making do, then getting by, and constantly working towards your vision have come true. And that Nick and Michael also get to enjoy the rewards of their investment of time, money, and believing in and supporting you to bring it about is amazing. Everything about LaLande that is flourishing is well deserved and worked long and hard for. You have amazing friends, family, volunteers, guests that enrich your home and life. Much love to everyone and may you continue to have much love and laughter! 🇺🇲
Show less

Laura (LaLa) Darling
4 minutes ago
Absolutely. Stephanie has worked, often alone, in freezing conditions, for years, making huge and stunning curtains, upholstery, bashing down walls and, goodness knows what else, to make her dream come true for her friends, family and guests.She so deserves her success, nothing was on a plate, but her dedication and vision never wavered. It is wonderful, now over these last couple of years, she has a super volunteer team and Nattie sharing the project to continue the preservation and maintenance of La Lande. She's so generous with her videos, travel and information on historical places she and Philip visit etc. And of course her Patrons are fabulous. Congratulations to you all at La Lande! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Xxxx
Read more

Duncan Turner
1 minute ago
Are you joking ? Stephanie doesn’t know the meaning of the word struggle . She’s relied on others to pay and do work her whole life .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I still have friends and acquaintances that I care about who live close to her HMN. Her inviting her UK family in as if the borders are still open and there are no concerns for the spreading of the new variant, hugging them on arrival and taking them straight into town and to a restaurant and shopping, makes we want to puke all over her snowy white outfit of the day.

While I am not a Fan-fender, I understand her oyster allergy (it happens), but am still a little wary of BJJs "supposed allergies", as he consumes a lot of things that if he did have actual allergies to (especially dairy), would make him terribly ill.
Again, she is lying. I have seen her eat oysters on several occasions, without any problems afterwards. Why she would lie about something like this? Beats me. Maybe just because she can.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46

NotAChatelaine

VIP Member

Yours truly,
1st Lieutenant Jikki2
I cannot begin to tell you how moved I was when reading this post. Thank you for articulating so very eloquently the reality of military service.

It's the second time today that I've found myself with tears appearing unannounced. The first was reading the regiment's obituary to a Household Cavalry Trooper who lost his life in Afghanistan.

If BP tries to trivialise or, worse still, capitalise on his personal experience, he really is beyond the pale. There might have been any number of reasons or mitigating circumstances why he we went AWOL but the pastoral resources are there, within the Regiment, to offer help and guidance to all ranks. That he chose to "jump ship" is dishonourable in the extreme.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I don't know for all the other Tattlers but I really don't feel like watching any more vlogs from the P. family.
Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is awful.
They laugh at people in front of their camera and answer the comments with such an arrogance.

All of them. The two brothers, the sister, the French partner, the mother and even the father always working and mumbling things while ignoring the problems with his children leaving his wife coping with them.

And now, this military story that they still deny exists and do as if they are above laws, rules and principles.

I'll stick to Steph (sorry Steph), Dan (he's funny in his way and has changed his attitude etc) and Selmar (by curiosity haha).
i stick to Fan..its my guilty pleasure..i quit Dan and Selmar..i cannot watch Selmar ..what a disgrace for The Netherlands..yuk..he is almost the same age as me and he cannot even talk English..no problem if you are not able..but fgs..dont vlog if you cannot make yourself presentable..and Dan..like i said..too much brico and plasterboard..and his droneshots of his green van give me the itches..try something else man..he also likes the chateaulife a bit too much..i liked him in the beginning,,but now he is walking next to his shoes...in my humble opinion..I watch Begmania...its fascinating to see..ones a traveller ....always a traveller..they have a chateau...but they still stay grifting travellers..with all that comes with it..only the caravans are gone..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

Green Fairy

VIP Member
My daughter has just tested positive for covid. So that's all our Christmas plans out the window. Wouldn't dream of not sticking to the recommended guidelines (unlike some Shitoo owners). I'm a bit in shock tbh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Titantic Cocktail Party - You know when you're looking so forward to a big party or event, you get a new outfit, buy new shoes, get your hair and nails done - and then it's just a dud, dull evening, so you leave early and head somewhere else that's hip for some fun. I'm sure Curtis and his boyfriend were thinking, 'We drove 12 frigging hours to stay in a frigid shitoo for this 'Titanic of a Cocktail Part'y'.

After all the buildup - what a let down. The room was so bright they could do surgery - no ambience, no candlelight (despite all the candles they decorated with, no nice music. Now I know we've critcized SJ, and rightly so, for hosting a large Christmas gathering, but honestly where were all the guests? The guests that were there looked lovely, but how rude of SJ to express such surprise at how lovely Maria looked.

I was also getting serious Mummie Dearest vibes from SJ - the harsh lights, excess makeup, and multiple strings of short pearls did her no favours.

Thumbs up for the food - looked delicious and lots of hard work by the volunteers, although SJ only cared about the bread and salted butter.
SJ may have been wearing an apron earlier in the day, but I highly doubt she crossed the kitchen threshold. Nanaimo Bars are delicious and a wonderful Christmas treat, but those looked dire. Being Canadian I've made many and the custard centre of those was too thick and runny rather than firm.

1639957702907.png

Was I the only one who thought Maria (the volunteer) and Squirrelboy were flirting a bit. I think they'd be a good fit. They're a similiar age and Maria also wears her grandmother's jewelry and her mother's dresses - so she and Squirrelboy have that in common.

Gifts - lots of gifting from Squirrelboy - jewelry, earmuffs, Chanel tree ornament - what's that all about and why highlight it so much lately????

Let me get this straight, on the day of her cocktail party, with guests in the house, SJ & her son squirrel themselves away upstairs in her bedroom to decorate another friggin Christmas tree. Who they hell does that with a houseful of guests and a party to prepare for. Surely, they really didn't decorate their boudoiur on the day of the party when they've had weeks to do it. There was also another nativity scene under the tree - how many does she need?

And to boot, SJ hides the fresh flowers received that day in her bedroom, rather than place them out as table centre-piece to share with her guests. What a shit hostess!!!

Finally, may I NEVER see SJ & Squirrelboy's pre-coital bed again!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Everyone needs an Tante Chantal and Oncle Steve - what an absolute lovely couple. How enjoyable to spend time with them in the kitchen, preparing meals, listening to stories and enjoying precious family time. Even SJ seemed calmer and more in control of herself (less dizty) back cooking in the kitchen.

It was all going so swimmingly until Squirrelboy snorted, and snorted, and snorted - then spoke. then appeared on camera and wouldn't shut up.....
- did Squirrelboy borrow that gingerbread man sweater from Teabag?
- Squirrelboy is so desparate to fit in and act the 'big man' - I'll make drinks - then PLAYS bartender and pours himself a Martini/Rossi & Pineapple Juice. I'm surprised he didn't drink it from a sippy cup.

Mummy & Son
- BIG Mummy/Son vibes in the kitchen - 'Concentrate Philip for I am about to teach you'
- more digs at SJ about the amount of drinking (Do you want a glass with that or a straw?)
- Squirrelboy knows nothing, asked stupid questions, made silly comments all whilst tugging at Mummy's apron strings

Dinner Table
-Very odd that they didn't show all the dinner guests - clearly 3 or 4 others at the table who weren't identified
-Nice to see Natty seated beside Tante Chantal and Amuary
-Interesting to see SJ seated in between Curtis and his boyfriend (and not beside Squirrelboy for a change)

Big takeaway - Real men wear french cuffs & cufflinks. Littleboys wear a gingerbread sweatshirt.

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
This is not Fanny. It was someone else in the fashion show. Fanny had on a short dress and had bouffant hair when she paraded down the catwalk.
She showed multiple dresses though...

SJ looks positively frightful in her latest. That face is aging faster than an avocado in a paper bag.
What a fab title for our next thread!

🧵That face is aging faster than an avocado in a paper bag.

Has he been kicked out of his own house?!... Why is he always there? :confused: is pefume-gate really real?
Word on the street is that with BJJ on comments- and edit duty and SJ almost worn out by the stressful fear of not having content for yet another advent vlog, Dan was called to the rescue to help out with the filming as much as possible. SJ used her cousin to wheel him in and make him stay. This is also the reason Dan couldn't vlog himself this weekend: too busy putting out her fires.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

oooLaLande

VIP Member
BLESS YOUR HEART. Uncertain if your language & emotion is needed to get this calibre of message across. Moreover your assumptions is only mere fictional/delusional C-O-N-J-E-C-T-U-R-E combined with improper use of English with a double negative. Would your personally insulting someone you never met combined with bad English be better used as E-N-E-R-G-Y to improve your self, your insight & your awareness.
B-L-E-S-S your paaaarfect English darling…

Oh and…..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42