The Chateau Diaries #96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And adieu to the Norfolk Bronze turkey and Dukeshill ham. My heart is in pieces, ripped apart, that SJ will have to be a big, grown up girl and get ordering locally pronto.
In Japan they serve a bucket at KFC on Christmas Day. There's a couple of KFC's in Limoges with curbside pick-up. SJ should get her order in now.
That would fit in nicely with her theme of Christmas Traditions from Around the World.

1639660606387.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Irish Banks have started CHARGING INTEREST if you have a substantial balance, do any other countries do this?
In the US there are multiple types of checking and savings accounts types or packages to choose from, and vary by bank. Some banks charge a monthly fee if you don’t maintain a certain minimum balance, others have free checking if you do online banking only (no branch visits), etc. I’ve not heard of a bank charging interest on a checking account here…but it’s possible that type of account set up exists. If you have a substantial balance, I’m surprised they’d charge interest…you would think the bank would try to get the customer to move the money into one of their investment accounts or purchase a CD (Certificate of Deposit), where it’s mutually beneficial for both the customer and bank.

Reactions: 7
I am amazed that she gets away with these Patreon "updates" without more questions and criticisms. Nothing ever changes! Of course, it's great if Amoury and Dan do complete the downstairs loo. It's necessary if she continues to run the B & B and workshops, but in the grand scheme of renovating the chateau, it's just a miniscule part. A great deal of celebratory fuss will be made when it is finished but surely she needs to prove that progress is actually being achieved in other major areas. I still don't understand why so many projects are ongoing at the same time and why they can't just concentrate on one project at a time and get it finished. The heating thing is just plain ridiculous; there is no reason why she can't get that done. As has been mentioned, she could pay for that with one month's Patreon money. It really makes me wonder if she is sitting on so much money in her account or whether she has actually managed to get rid of/fritter away hundreds of thousands on other things. Patrons are never given any figures. If I had given money, I would insist on knowing what she has done with it. I know interest rates are low but if she is hoarding all that in the bank, she'll be getting a fair bit of interest as she's not using the money. It all seems extremely suspicious to me. With her lack of impulse control, I reckon she's quite capable of spending hundreds of thousands in a very short time, on travel and luxuries. If she has done that, she must surely be desperately worried that she'll be found out. It's also clear that the chapel restorer is never going to come back, now his trailer has broken down! He could borrow one or she could buy or rent one, that's easily solved. One wonders what the next disaster will be for him. He clearly does not want to do the job and may be regretting that he said he would not charge her.

She really needs to get rid of Selmar. He is definitely redundant. Amaury and Dan have demonstrated that they can achieve just about anything very rapidly. She should increase Dan's hours and employ him as a gardener/handyman, and possibly employ a separate expert Head Gardener. She will be paying Selmar for next to nothing if he is allowed to stay. Tatti may be useful as a cook but there are no guests in the winter and SJ and Nati should be able to cope without any volunteers at this time of year. She is wasting patrons' money if she continues to employ Selmar. What a complete shambles everything is; I really don't understand how she manages to get away with it all. She can have no shame at all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Congratulations to VIP member @KyBourbon:m:m:m:m:m:m
KyBourbon
VIP Member

Yesterday at 11:35 PM

@MojoDublin If you’re going to set up Thread #96, here’s my pick for the thread title…(if I change my mind, I’ll let you know! 😆

Christmas Nativity…The Oxymoron and the Ass (Inspired by @MojoDublin)

Or…it can be shortened to The Oxymoron and the Ass if that’s better.

56256A54-E06A-4A00-8F75-EFA8100C4940.jpeg

MOST LIKED PREVIOUS THREAD

@KiKiGee
VIP Member

Tuesday at 7:55 PM
Am I the only one that sees bats 🦇 when I look at Andie W.'s Lalande wrapping paper???
I know it is supposed to be holly but now I can not unsee bats.

267577204_128133322995099_1932966333151733585_n.jpg

1639510680370.png

Reactions:You, Krypsback kiss, Sunnee and 52 others

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Monday at 9:15 PM
Maaike, the immune-suppressed friend, that wasn't meant to be mixing due to her health challenges, travels to France in the middle of increased risk due to Omicron, to spend Christmas with her "friend" and his sugar mummy? Such a fantastic idea, don't you think? That should be cosy. Perhaps they can all snuggle up together, sounds harmless! :eek:
Reactions:You, Krypsback kiss, CountessPompidoo and 50 others

@Clara Burnett
VIP Member

Tuesday at 8:16 AM

I would agree with you if all the decorations could disguise the smell of the sewer system in that particular room, the piled up dust under the bed, the unpleasant temperature and the dripping of the radiators. All of these 'minor' anomalies make time away in the decorated bedroom very unappealing indeed. Did I mention the stuffed hair in the shower drain?
Reactions:You, Arfarf, Sunnee and 49 others

@Sillywidget

Tuesday at 7:39 PM

I just canceled my 5 bucks from patron. I've been here lurking pretty much, for about a month. I could tell things were off. This place just helped me see the error of my ways.

Reactions:You, Krypsback kiss, frenchessence and 48 others

How silently….. how silently goes thy patron

Not even .5% could be bothered 😕 to watch or even comment

Unlocked
Update from Lalande & Janssen's Temptation!

173 Likes
Load more comments
2 of 42

2022 is shaping up to be a very good year
Glad she admitted SA was still in the cards 💳

Only don’t think patrons will pay for it 😶

Buried on last thread 🧵

Omg 😳 superb IMHO

OhIDontKnow...
Today at 1:16 AM
Add bookmark
KiKiGee said:
👵

Kim Martin
14 minutes ago
Be careful Phillip with age jokes or Stephanie may have no need for the mistletoe
John Charles
19 minutes ago
Absolutely loving the advent vlogs 🙏Phillip, why all the disparaging comments towards Stephanie though? It’s not a good look and spoiling my festive buzz :(

J B
24 minutes ago
Phllip is getting coal in his stocking for the age joke..... and I mean Steph is going to put a rock in a sock and beat the shyt out of him in the middle of the night...... I think that is what that means....

Mary Hollenbach
1 hour ago
Phillip, you would be wise not to even kid around about older and younger ages. Good thing Stephanie has a good sense of humor.

Jon 832
59 minutes ago
She took it well but.........not a good idea Philip.

Info by Jack Dotson
1 hour ago
I think Phillips becoming a little bit too familiar, calling our beautiful Stephanie ancient why i

Jon 832
1 hour ago
They are an item - which makes it worse imo.

Alison Petersen
54 minutes ago
True!

Sandi Foster
17 minutes ago
she handled it well, but that remark was hurtful
He’s an asshole on top of being gauche, rude, a know-it-all who knows nothing, and a pansy. He’s the adult version of the weird little boys who smelled like cheese. I think he downs her all the time to screw with her confidence in an effort to control her, because he has no control in this situation.

Girl, you in danger. Drop that little pansy asap. Do as Dan has suggested and purchase your own three legged Phi Phi that doesn’t snort. Buy a vibrator. You can afford a really good one now. You don’t need him and actually he is making you look a fool. Yet again. You must not have very high standards if that little creep makes you happy. Anne Marie get her a puppy. Only if you promise to be its back up Daddy, will I allow it, but for chrissakes she needs to cuddle in bed with a dog. Get her a Papillion like Madame de Pompadour.
Haha Haha Report
LikeHahaWow Reactions: You, Albee, sues900 and 14 others
Buy a vibrator..🤣 you can afford a really good one.. I love it...buy your own 3 legged Phi Phi that doesn't snort... this is pure gold... Snorts is over stepping the mark... he is way too publicly familiar, banter within a relationship is only acceptable if both parties agree to it but to publicly belittle someone is not on. I hope she slaps him around those oink oink nostrils with the prickliest hedgehog she can find... obviously ensuring no hedgehog was harmed in the process...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I hate dealing with trades people. Every time I think it will be a simple easy thing done at my home, it becomes difficult and more expensive. Sometimes I feel like I'm being are taken advantage of, other times it just delays or can't get something so then it becomes twice the project as more stuff will have to be replaced as they can't match something existing etc. And don't get me started on them saying they will turn up on x day as they don't. I don't live in an old wreck like Fanny but still getting work done my house does my head in.
Next small project is getting some window catches replaced as the old one has broken off and base is 'fused' on. I expect them to say a new window instead of a new catch.

PS I'm a grown ass woman too (A little older than Fanny)
That's why I You Tube how to do it myself. However, must say my most recent workmen were really positive rather than sucking their teeth about problems and they would give an immediate non-expensive solution. I booked them on recommendation but mainly my own gut feeling.

Reactions: 7
Sorry I must have misunderstood and it seems I’m replaced . Eek . I kind of went down a rabbit hole as I wanted to try and find something in one of the old vlogs to back up what I thought I’d found . I couldn’t but ended up watch about 12-14 old ones ! Oh my goodness there certainly has been a dramatic drop in quality ( if that’s the right word) from them . They were cohesive there was a flow and they were fun to watch . What the heck happened? Anyway someone else has now obviously done number 18 ( I still now have the whole last thread to read but I came across this gem :
Sorry @Belladonna1969 - the vote for that thread was on Tuesday. As I didn't have yours, someone stepped in to fill the gap just before the vote opened.

Reactions: 9
I suspect that nothing will be changed at Lalande over Christmas.

I checked and as Auntie is a French citizen, she can travel to France with her partner (spouse) if it's not for work or tourism.

Which is their case (family gathering) even though she's not resident in France and usually doesn't spend Christmas at Lalande....

Once again, it'll be the infamous "Lalande exception" !

PS : British citizens legally residents in France can travel from UK to France too.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Remember when a bit of the hall ceiling fell down because of a water leak from a new bathroom above it? Stephanie really freaked out about it. Perhaps when it first happened and no one knew the extent of the damages, and of course they are all idiots, there was rumbling of, “At least you have insurance.” Then in the middle of everything, Stephanie, Nic & Potty we’re in the wine closet she was going on about needing an insurance claim. Maybe she was so over the top about the situation because she does not actually have insurance on LL?

Reactions: 23
What a complete shambles everything is; I really don't understand how she manages to get away with it all. She can have no shame at all!
I agree…she gets away with it because her patrons and subscribers let her. I’m convinced SJ has tapped into the same type of audience that contributes money to TV evangelists (the ones who live in huge mansions, drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothes and jewelry). People will give their last dollar to them, even though they can see their money is just enriching someone else’s lifestyle. And, if you try to call it out, they’ll defend them to the end. As long as SJ keeps up the facade of laughter and love, there will be people who fall for it…it’s like some kind of “religion” for them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
France has just announced that from Saturday it will not allow non resident UK citizens into the country
I thought they said they would allow them in if they had a Covid passport but that they would have to self-isolate for a week. They said only essential visits would be allowed but that did include visits to family. I only had one ear on it at the time so it may not be 100% accurate!

Reactions: 2
In Japan they serve a bucket at KFC on Christmas Day. There's a couple of KFC's in Limoges with curbside pick-up. SJ should get her order in now.
That would fit in nicely with her theme of Christmas Traditions from Around the World.

View attachment 927497
@Lady Avonlea, SJ owes you a big THANK YOU, for your suggestion.
Here are a few ideas to complete the festivities.
Sterling Silver Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket Designed by Tiffany & Co for KFC is up for sale on Ebay for 5,000.00 U.S.
Blue Spode bucket if Tiffany & Co's is too pricey.
KFC fire logs, because it's cold inside.
KFC music to round out the day.
At least they will have perfume from the crackers to mask the smell. :poop:

1639661604156.png

1639661186824.png

1639661956998.png

1639661805941.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
@Lady Avonlea, SJ owes you a big THANK YOU, for your suggestion.
Here are a few ideas to complete the festivities.
Sterling Silver Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket Designed by Tiffany & Co for KFC is up for sale on Ebay for 5,000.00 U.S.
Blue Spode bucket if Tiffany & Co's is too pricey.
KFC fire logs, because it's cold inside.
KFC music to round out the day.
At least they will have perfume from the crackers to mask the smell. :poop:

View attachment 927534
View attachment 927522
View attachment 927539
View attachment 927535
As my “name” implies, I’m quite familiar with Kentucky Fried Chicken. The KFC fire logs actually smell like Kentucky Fried Chicken when they’re burning! Finger licking good! 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I can understand mending items that have some sentimental value, even if not worth much but painstakingly repairing something that some random person has sent does seem weird. But it is a clear indication that squirrel likes to pick and choose the tasks he undertakes and never seems to want to do the most necessary ones eg cleaning and clearing rubbish out of the hmn.
It's hilarious PhiPhi said he hates waste ...that's prob the reason he gives for fixing everything. It's thoughtful for the recipient I guess. But if he truly hated waste he wouldn't condone the gross display of waste that happens every week on Cadeaux.

Want not, Waste not unless of course you're Granny Grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
SJ needs to step up and tell the aunt and uncle to stay away or she risks being called out and the wrath of so many people who will not see their close family due to the new rule.
Sad,but,doubt that she will.

Reactions: 9
I agree…she gets away with it because her patrons and subscribers let her. I’m convinced SJ has tapped into the same type of audience that contributes money to TV evangelists (the ones who live in huge mansions, drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothes and jewelry). People will give their last dollar to them, even though they can see their money is just enriching someone else’s lifestyle. And, if you try to call it out, they’ll defend them to the end. As long as SJ keeps up the facade of laughter and love, there will be people who fall for it…it’s like some kind of “religion” for them.
As I understand patreon she is only obliged to deliver what she promises for the certains tiers.

Reactions: 3
Well…once again, MPK had a promising start with the Christmas vlog but has “petered out.” He really needs to stop making false promises. Like “see you tomorrow” (it’s been 3 days since he said that), “I’ll sleep in the cottage bedroom on Christmas Eve,” or “Introducing Andrew…we’ll be seeing a lot more of him!” Come on Michael! How hard is it to decorate a Christmas tree and film it?

BBCDA956-9D65-4182-90AA-28B1CFBCD339.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Jansson's temptation is spelt with an "o", in Swedish, unlike BJJ's name which has an "e. The potatoes are normally cut in much thinner strips than SJ's, as are the onions, and the dish is layered, i.e. a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions, a layer of sprats and the sprats and cream are not made into a sauce as she did, but after layering all the other ingredients, the cream is poured over the dish and breadcrumbs can be put over the top. That was an SJ or Thermomix version, not the original Swedish one! It was originally a Swedish peasant dish and is now often one of the hot dishes served with a smorgasbord. It's easy to make and very tasty. A lot of people use anchovies, as SJ did, because the Swedish word for sprats looks like the English "anchovies" but this actually translates as sprats, which she did mention. Sardines are probably more similar to sprats and can be used instead.
Although it's a bit "off" to quote oneself, I was highly amused by the appearance of Jansson's Temptation in last night's 15th Day of Vlogvent, as I mentioned it as a potential dish at the Lalande Easter table this year. Does this make me some sort of (backdated) influencer?!!

I obviously didn't do my homework properly and the recipe I attached is incorrect, as it uses anchovy (not whizzed.up à la SJ). I just looked at Nigella's version - it's bona fide Swedish! (I've only ever had it with anchovy fillets which dissolve and disappear into everything else and you don't know they're there, which suits me fine!!)

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.