The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. It's why I really like them! I think she has great taste and they get stuff done!! BIG PLUS!!They have an ACTUAL BUSINESS 😳 with ACTUAL GUESTS and probably after the gites are finished-my guess is they will probably have lots of families and lovely small weddings with the wedding party staying there and the guests staying in town. They employ lots of local people, their kids go to a local school. They SPEAK FRENCH!! They employ professionals-be still my beating heart 💓
And a fantastic location! 2 hours from Paris, close to the shore, 5 minutes to a historic town ...

I LOVE the appearances by Benoit and Nathan!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think IJ's china is so gorgeous .. how can he mess it up like he does with that red table cloth?
Just read the tribute to your father, unfortunately, I couldn't quote it. That was really nice and fitting. He was also a good-looking man. COVID has cut short so many lives. As we say in Hebrew when someone passes, zichrono livracha (may his memory be an abiding blessing).

As I sit in bed in my hospital room with COVID, on my 69th birthday. I’m scared I’m pissed and just don’t know what to do.
Sorry to hear of your condition. What a challenging birthday. Prayers go out on your behalf.

Latest Patreon update from the Fleuries:
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
For some unknown reason I’m in a good mood tonight… it certainly isn’t the 34567 days of constant rain we had in Raincouver…

ok Paula… this was funny!

03FD3935-7C5E-4FFE-B47A-88D12DF0E6E7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh yeah. She was practically squeaking when she talked. Broke 5 Christmas ornaments. She did mock PhiPhi though and made him look bad in the final edit.
Oh no, that's only brutish humor😁

One of the things I did from my sick bed was joining their Patreon and binge watching all their videos.

Surprise surprise, they actually upload updates of the properly planned work they are doing, as opposed to the Willy nilly world of la la land. it’s so nice to see someone doing things right! (Mike Holmes would be proud! 😆)
They always have something in the pipeline and at the same time are working on their previous project… you know… like sane people do!

It is quite sad and speaks volumes that someone doing the bare minimum of an acceptable job in shattoverse stands out so much 🤦🏻‍♀️
I also absolutely love that almost every one who does work on their chateau is local. They are truly members of their community.

The crazy lady in the middle of nowhere should take a lesson or 10.
Yeah , they are way better in grifting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh no, that's only brutish humor😁
good thing I’m done with my tea… 😂

Yeah , they are way better in grifting
Patreon in its core is a very much legit way for creators to make money… for example, I have to say that my $7/mo which is less than what I pay for coffee in one day, was well spent as their content got me entertained and brought a smile to my face in my time of need… and instead of enriching Starbucks one Flat White more, my money is actually restoring a piece of history… that’s more than enough for me.

Time for me to put away the screen, play my audiobook of Wheel of Time and relax…

Night friends! Stay funny and cool 😎

Reactions: 23
good thing I’m done with my tea… 😂

Patreon in its core is a very much legit way for creators to make money… for example, I have to say that my $7/mo which is less than what I pay for coffee in one day, was well spent as their content got me entertained and brought a smile to my face in my time of need… and instead of enriching Starbucks one Flat White more, my money is actually restoring a piece of history… that’s more than enough for me.

Time for me to put away the screen, play my audiobook of Wheel of Time and relax…

Night friends! Stay funny and cool 😎
Can't blame you, I am a Patreon of even lajarvis myself.
But who buys a chateau with 2! extra ruin buildings knowing those must be at least another million to restore without having funds for it?

Reactions: 10
Before we start, there is something I would kindly like to ask:

I think it’s time to stop assuming that Dan is mocking or mentally hurting Annalise. Every man, woman, couple is differently from another. And there are hardly ones following the guidelines for the perfect family.
Working for over 20 years mostly in retail, I have seen couples quarreling, fathers or mothers yelling at their kids in public, kids saying mean things to their parents, and young couples bickering and teasing one another.

We haven’t had the perfect family life at home either. I just say we weren’t the loving and caring family you see on tv or in films.

We see their private interactions only through a lens, for a blink of an eye.

In my opinion it is not appropriate for us to assume a toxic relationship as long as we have no single evidence on hand.
It could very much backfire, respectively it could impact their relationship if the words spread to their ears.

i know our Anti-Dan In-Group would have something to celebrate, but I would kindly ask everyone to make assumptions about Annalise‘s and Dan‘s relationship.
Believe me, if anything was going on, my eyes and ears would have reported it here first thing. Let's nip this in the bud while we still can and stop this nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
It is Taco Tuesday tonight at Chateau de Beau Monde! As I was chopping jalepenos, I was thinking how funny it is when Fanny says "tack-o".
Oh, that's how I say it too😳. I haven't heard anyone say it differently in the UK. Maybe it's a British thing? How do you guys say it?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh boy. Someone sure was throwing off manic vibes today in their vlog. I don’t know if it’s an illness or too much tea but I can’t do manic.
True colors shining through, I tell you. And to be completely honest: you ain't seen nothing yet. In real life her manic traits are toxic as hell.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
[QUOTE="Ann G., post: 7399679, member: 267589"

I hope Andie is getting paid...she put a lot of time into those paintings, far more than she's probably being compensated for. It wouldn't surprise me though if she's staying for free in trade for the artwork.
[/QUOTE]
Her husband died fairly recently, it was mentioned a few threads back. She may just want to have the company right now?
I do hope she's being paid properly for her work though. I like her paintings.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Its the afternoon here and there is another thread ! boy they go fast !

Still watching CD .... Squirrel is chopping the Christmas Tree and using Mummy's $$ China !
Fanny is in her Mothers pearls ....... Santa won't be visiting those two ! :love:
That pair are playing dress up and house like a couple of five year olds.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I understand Snorts not asking to use the china, no brain and all. But Stef I can't believe she is wearing her mums pearls without asking. Its not like she hasn't got heaps of her own stuff, and she knows Mummy will be pissed. Has she lost her mind?
Worse, it's just how she is. As far as she's concerned, everything in that HMN is hers to use, no matter who actually owns it. Remember, there are no locks on any of the rooms (except hers). I guess this is the reason IJ hides her valuables, not because she's afraid of burglars but because of her own daughter, not having any respect for other peoples properties. I have personally witnessed SJ sending one of her slaves volunteers into the room of paying guests who were out for dinner, just to check on their belongings.

• Wow
Reactions: 60
I loved the Pink Toile Tree or whatever it is they want to call it. Good job on that one, surprisingly.

Andi should be the one with a patron for her art! She has a wonderful talent!

The whole drama over the height of the tree was really dumb.
I hope you don't really believe those cut out paper baubles will return next year, do you? This whole thing was concocted to please the craft loving grannies that are paying for the expensive stuff and will go straight in the bin a.s.a.p. SJ doesn't do crafts and in contrast to what she wants her fans to believe, wishes they would stop sending her the tat and send her only the expensive stuff instead. All her enthusiasm over self crafted stuff is completely faked, all of it.

Agree with ComtesseRose (previous thread, post 975) - those boots PJ's wearing in the Christmas tree erection Advent vlog - blahhh - hideously feminine on him. AND what about the angry staring he does at SJ straight after - his irritation with her (his lack of control over her?) really shows! Hedge shears - ffs! You're cutting heavy wood branch - use bloody strong secateurs. He doesn't know anything about tools. My father was a carpenter like Amoury - could build anything (he was also an Officer in the Air Force). In my fam, we have a tendency to diss men who can't use (the right) tools.
As I reported earlier, he does not only wear SJ clothes, shoes and boots INSIDE the HMN, but when he goes to Emmaus on Saturday he flaunts around in those too to attract attention. Locals can't be bothered to even raise an eyebrow though, as I'm sure he was aiming at. They just ignore the shameful twit, which is in everyones best interest, I believe.

Andi’s work is lovely…I wonder how much of the sale price for the art work actually goes to her, and how much is commandeered by the grubby little old lady hands of shatolan
I doubt very much Andi gets a dime. It's her personal gift to SJ to help her restore that wonderful ancient shittoo and bring it back to life. I'll ask around but you shouldn't get your hopes up, I doubt any of the money goes to Andi.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.