The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, he’s little in the way of a formal education, knows nothing about anything much at all. Even a footman might be beyond him as snorting is not encouraged when in service.
If we are transporting PJ back to the era of footmen , butlers et al, I would see him more or less the pisspot boys assistant. He wouldn't want to be above his station, would he?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
As I reported earlier, he does not only wear SJ clothes, shoes and boots INSIDE the HMN, but when he goes to Emmaus on Saturday he flaunts around in those too to attract attention. Locals can't be bothered to even raise an eyebrow though, as I'm sure he was aiming at. They just ignore the shameful twit, which is in everyones best interest, I believe.
As I said before, I'm convinced that the locals just ignore Lalande and the clique. The French are not that easily impressed by these sort of people.

Must be hard for the Lalanders' ego though ! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank you to @Beau Monde for a great title. And congrats to the numerous VIPs since I last posted 🌟

As ever I’m a long time lurker and seldom poster… Thank you to everyone for keeping me highly entertained and I am going to have a valiant effort to add more posts. Hoping for VIP status by 2025 at this rate!
Same here, I came to Tattle via Teabag and lurked for ages. Like many I was a fan, even though I knew she was a charleton. Losing my job via COVID shutdown, I fully invested in watching loads of YouTube channels. But, when the begging started and endless parties and all the travels, I stopped watching. Thanks to Teabag I found here and started watching again. Like many, the DIY and renovations were the main interest to me, hence me contacting her about the natural swimming pool, but also to advise her about using an antenna Superyachts use to connect to land based internet which can work within a several mile range. I was blocked from commenting on live chat as I said Jerry and Stephanie were identical twins, think IJ blocked me. It's a shame how it's all turned out at the shitoo. As for me and the other half, we used her redundancy to move to the desert region of Spain, Almeria. 70f today, so glad we left the North of England weather behind us.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yes. I have written that before too, they might have had to buy their chateau at a higher price, due to the great location, but on the long term it could be profitable, especially if they have gîtes as well. For the moment a swimming pool is not as urgent, they are near the seaside, but it could be an additional bonus in future. And yes, I like Benoît and his son too, bonus: French! Do I want to become Patreon of the Fleuries? Still not sure, I don't like the begging, but at least they are quite transparent about what happens with the money, and I like what they want to do with the longhouses. So, they have quite a bonus points compared to SJ and her motley crew. The only thing which could be interesting: a Benoît vs. Amaury showdown.
All true, but they are boring. Steph is more fun to watch. If I want to watch someone sensible, reliable, tidy, practical, efficient and boring I watch myself in the mirror 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Our Chatelaine can not polish her silverware herself ??!! She need the maid to do it... WOW. :oops::rolleyes:

Pink champagne just because you do your Christmas tree ? Never heard of this before. Is it a British tradition (just kidding ;) ) ?

90 euros for more Christmas decorations ? Are they for real ? Haven't they heard of families struggling at the moment because of Covid restrictions ?? :mad:

Question : When will her Patrons really wake up and rebel ??

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The whole drama over the height of the tree was really dumb.
Yeah I thought so too. It was once more one of these situations where somehow nobody dared to tell SJ that she was in the wrong. Even when it’s something very obvious like that a 3 metre tree won’t fit into that small room.

Reactions: 18
Believe me, if anything was going on, my eyes and ears would have reported it here first thing. Let's nip this in the bud while we still can and stop this nonsense.
One of the big news stories currently in the UK is that Andrew Neil, a well respected journalist and broadcaster, is taking legal action against Jennifer Arcuri AND anyone who repeats and reposts her libellous claims on Social Media.

Gossip is one thing, libel is an entirely different ball game. Speculation is one thing but when it crosses boundaries into spreading deliberate lies, then concerns should be raised and reported.

Just saying....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Typical shopaholic behaviour!
Things I never want to hear myself say about my boyfriend: "He spent so much time shopping for pink vintage ornaments", "He used scissors to try to cut the top off the Christmas tree", "He pouted a bit because we didn't use the tree topper he wanted", "He set the table using my mother's good dishes (without asking for permission to use them"! Seriously, how can SJ not be embarrassed by this whole scene! I am mortified for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
One of the big news stories currently in the UK is that Andrew Neil, a well respected journalist and broadcaster, is taking legal action again stJennifer Arcuri AND anyone who repeats and reposts her libellous claims on Social Media.

Gossip is one thing, libel is an entirely different ball game. Speculation is one thing but when it evolves into spreading lies, it crosses boundaries.

Just saying....
Well thank gawd that we here have tossed off the laws of someone born into a role 🤣🤣 j.k. I know she is no longer really in charge of the media ( oooor is she -prince Andrew cough cough nudge nudge wink wink say no more 😉🤣🤪) and we here in the states have a tiny thing we like to call the 1st amendment which guarantees us our freedom of speech!! ( it's our 2nd that gets everyone all -fired up if you will, pun intended 😉 even though it is the lowest form of humor 😄) the only thing we can't do is yell fire in a crowded building and that is what the trials are about the 6th of January riots are about (and why oh why... we're those doors not reinforced?!! Glass not bullet proof?! Isn't that security 101?) So, as an international site they may have a tough time, they can also make it a "private club" so long as you have a free of $1 a year.... yup.... so I will continue to say what I please when I please as I please-like the Yankee doodle I am-medical bills and all (no shot gun over the arm tho 😝)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just putting it out there. Fanny's hand in the latest advent flog. I have several friends in their mid forties to fifties - none, I repeat none, look like this.
Screenshot_20211208-193153__01.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Well thank gawd that we here have tossed off the laws of someone born into a role 🤣🤣 j.k. I know she is no longer really in charge of the media ( oooor is she -prince Andrew cough cough nudge nudge wink wink say no more 😉🤣🤪) and we here in the states have a tiny thing we like to call the 1st amendment which guarantees us our freedom of speech!! ( it's our 2nd that gets everyone all -fired up if you will, pun intended 😉 even though it is the lowest form of humor 😄) the only thing we can't do is yell fire in a crowded building and that is what the trials are about the 6th of January riots are about (and why oh why... we're those doors not reinforced?!! Glass not bullet proof?! Isn't that security 101?) So, as an international site they may have a tough time, they can also make it a "private club" so long as you have a free of $1 a year.... yup.... so I will continue to say what I please when I please as I please-like the Yankee doodle I am-medical bills and all (no shot gun over the arm tho 😝)
I'm sure your post made perfect sense to you when you wrote it - I'm still wondering about jk( ?)) and where Prince Andrew fits in to it but hey ho!
The US still has defamation on its statute books in most states though, doesn't it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The party was more fun in the original.

My fingers were poised in today's preview to ask Isabelle if Phillip had chipped her china. But she jumped on Stephanie for stealing the china and her pearls without asking before I had a chance. Touche! Stephanie has always guarded that china- they never ever use it because it's precious to Isabelle- so what was that stupid squirrel thinking?
Whats the point with having china and never able to use it..just ending up in about thirty years time at the brocante?? who knows whats Fanny is doing with that place...i dont see Antoine live there... If those pearls are so precious ...why didnt she take them with her..to SA..The cold cow likes to make a fuss about everything..It was better she questioned herself for raising up that greedy partymonster...like the way she and daddy did..

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Giant Sweetlips???
Kitchen area very small
No bathroom upstairs adjacent to bedrooms.
Hmmm.. and how do they plan to pay for all this? Been saving up? Nah, just crowd fund it all like all the loser shitoo grifters. I used to like this couple.

Reactions: 6
Hmmm.. and how do they plan to pay for all this? Been saving up? Nah, just crowd fund it all like all the loser shitoo grifters. I used to like this couple.
Didn't they say that Patreon was supporting the restoration of the external structure and that they would be possibly looking at a bank loan for the interiors and windows and doors?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is there anyone in the world who would hang foiled paper on their Christmas tree...? 😳
I can't imagine that anyone would wish to download the images from the "Christmas Toile, let alone pay to do so. I can appreciate Andie's artwork but would I want her images of the HMN? Who would want to print their own Lalande Toile or to make laminated Lalande baubles for their tree? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.