The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe they could all bundle? :LOL:
Also…heavy bed curtains would have been used and drawn closed at night to help keep warm. And they’re true to the period! (I’m just stating the obvious! 🙄) Of course, SJ only looks at them as decorative…she doesn’t consider their functional use. So many solutions! You know, our ancestors really did have things figured out based on what they had at the time. Do some research, SJ!

FF7B832D-7EAD-4D47-81F3-887B522A7B01.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Which "chick", the Danish one, or the Russian/Cypriot one? Must be the latter, as the Danish volunteer said she cannot cook!:LOL:
yeah...I watch late...get a bit confused...as I doze in and out...but...it’s the chick who cooks crap food...with the big round face...never shuts up...knows everything and is a pita...that one...😎

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@Marty McFly 9 we need your VIP guidance for the next thread title 🤗

Looks like this one was the winner with 20 votes! So this is my pick for #94

Rory said:
I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Possible Tartlet group activity .... is we assigned everyone an old thread or 2 to skim through and collect all the unused 🧵 nominations to compile into one thread (or maybe put on wiki). I think it would be a blast to be able to read all the one liners one after another. Is anyone else interested in doing something like this?

• Sick
Reactions: 11
She used to have a hot water bottle strapped to her middle but it was mottling her skin and her doctor advised she stop. I would find Identical rings too much of a coincidence but if we're relying on her to tell us the truth who knows, they may have purchased one each when they were secretly (sorry I mean deviously) sleeping together.

Add to that coincidence that both their matching rings fit on the ring finger of their left hand.

Reactions: 6
I watched it too... As lovely as the Chateau is it does come with it's problems, that water pouring through the roof in the wood storage area was not great and will need addressing... Dad looked a little bemused by the whole vlogging thing initially but he seems to be warming to it.... they need to stop waving at the camera everytime it is pointed at them. I did think mum was quite snobbish with the whole cups and champagne suggestions... delusions of grandeur.... Mrs Bucket came to mind...or rather Bouquet. I'm not sure the yougest daughter was that taken with the reality of it... not much to do for her I would think... hopefully once they settle in it will be all they had dreamed it would be... it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds x
But what could this possibly be they dreamt of ? 🤔 I just don't get it. I mean I understand wanting to have an own home to fit the whole family and some friends. Also to have a bit of a garden. And if someone has a special hobby to have an extra room/studio for that. And maybe even lots of animals. Ok, but why a chateau with 19 bedrooms and a huge property ? Do they get orgasms from walking through the halls? What's in it for them? Maybe it's just boring me but my early 20s were actually hart with all the studying, exams and working part-time. Sure there was quite some partying, too but after exams starting to work and establish yourself and also having a relationship and building something for yourself took also quite some energy. And I am not even mentioning having kids🙄. I enjoy right now not to have to worry about money and debts and working extra hours, but to do what I just like to do. And mos tof all to be in good health.
I can't see why those people go into such debts or invest all their life savings and the only idea they come up is to have a bed and breakfast. Which is not an easy job if you do it the right way, but sure most of them just hire some immigrants to do the dirty work. If they enjoy hospitality why didn't they choose this as their career from the very beginning? At least Phil was a camera man in his other life. But I believe sooner or later they will all burn out because it takes a huge toll to film yourself everyday like that. What kind of life is this if you have always on your mind: is this cool enough to film it?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I watched it too... As lovely as the Chateau is it does come with it's problems, that water pouring through the roof in the wood storage area was not great and will need addressing... Dad looked a little bemused by the whole vlogging thing initially but he seems to be warming to it.... they need to stop waving at the camera everytime it is pointed at them. I did think mum was quite snobbish with the whole cups and champagne suggestions... delusions of grandeur.... Mrs Bucket came to mind...or rather Bouquet. I'm not sure the yougest daughter was that taken with the reality of it... not much to do for her I would think... hopefully once they settle in it will be all they had dreamed it would be... it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds x
I apologize…but what’s the name of their channel? I’d like to watch, but can’t find it!

Reactions: 5
...why dan had to hang around after the stupid fireplace fiasco was weird...and I really do not like that chick who has come back and is cooking, Dutch chick...I think...she’s annoying AF...why the hell would someone come back there at holiday time and freeze...and cook for SJ...no family...no friends...no boy toy...no girlie luv...why....indeed...🧐
They come back as volunteers because they are truly sad in their own little lives and beg to have their faces on any of the vlogs associated with SJ. The Russian one really is pathetic only left a few weeks ago and so desperate to get back, her real life must really be dog tit.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Also…heavy bed curtains would have been used and drawn closed at night to help keep warm. And they’re true to the period! (I’m just stating the obvious! 🙄) Of course, SJ only looks at them as decorative…she doesn’t consider their functional use. So many solutions! You know, our ancestors really did have things figured out based on what they had at the time. Do some research, SJ!
Karl Lagerfeld's canopied bed is being auctioned in Paris. It's a tad too high
1639161439223.png
but Amaury's there to chop it (poor paneling :( ) and with Snorty's self announced cunning on-line bidding skills it would be so paaar-fect and a bargain! And yellow!
1639161355962.png

A white-painted wood lit en chaire a precher, Louis XVI, circa 1770 (relacquered) | KARL, Karl Lagerfeld’s Estate Part II | | Sotheby's (sothebys.com)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Looks like this one was the winner with 20 votes! So this is my pick for #94

Rory said:
I predict there is more growth in Tattle.Life than your gardens come spring.

Possible Tartlet group activity .... is we assigned everyone an old thread or 2 to skim through and collect all the unused 🧵 nominations to compile into one thread (or maybe put on wiki). I think it would be a blast to be able to read all the one liners one after another. Is anyone else interested in doing something like this?
Great Idea - I'll put a list together and link a Tattler to a thread, to scour the threads. We will have time then to vote from the top contenders.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She answered ! She answered ! Like in the old good days (I mean her first vlogs) !!

Enjoy the Chatelaine's answer
😅

Douglas
7 hours ago (edited)
Why Dont you just Sell the Chateau and go Buy ONE that is already renovated? You can Buy a fully renovated ONE for around 2million dollars or less. I know I have ben looking at them.

View attachment 916142
The Chateau Diaries
1 hour ago
It’s what I would recommend to anyone looking for a chateau to buy! But I won’t do it, because if we all sold the chateaux that needed work and bought the ones that don’t, so many would fall into ruin. I don’t want that to happen to Lalande 😊
Awww... Stephanie.....
4605344637_45b7daebd0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The California daughters were brought up by the mother to dress up pretending to be in various periods of history. Gather they probably fell for the whole Marie Antoinette’s period of excess. Case in point her snotty comments about having crystal for champagne and sheets available were not up to her standards🤔 I don’t believe most of the people even consider integrating into the locale. They are caught up in the idea of living in a castle and being able to travel to Paris. I was interested to hear that the former owner graciously introduced them to the mayor and to the employees. I wonder if they considered they would have the responsibility of employees.
Oh I so hope Karl Lagerfeld’s monstrosity of a bed does not show up at the tit hole !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Gaaaaah! 😱🤮
Why would you say such foul things….

Here....You're welcome. ;)
cd249.png

The California daughters were brought up by the mother to dress up pretending to be in various periods of history. Gather they probably fell for the whole Marie Antoinette’s period of excess. Case in point her snotty comments about having crystal for champagne and sheets available were not up to her standards🤔 I don’t believe most of the people even consider integrating into the locale. They are caught up in the idea of living in a castle and being able to travel to Paris. I was interested to hear that the former owner graciously introduced them to the mayor and to the employees. I wonder if they considered they would have the responsibility of employees.
Holy Smokes! No wonder! That sounds like being raised by Stephanie herself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.