The Chateau Diaries #82 The Tale of Philip, the châteausexual Hedgehog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh, my, you're younger even than I thought! (you're so precious! :) not a wrinkle yet!)

I'm honestly relieved for you two. I see so many struggling to figure it out. We had a young woman work with our son for a while and it was like she was struggling to figure out which sexual orientation she was, and was so anxious about it and thinking so hard about it. I think she settle on something like fluid for now, because she can't figure it out ... but yeah, between the gender and sexual orientation, the amount of anxiety is through the roof. I work with 18-25 year olds and about 6 years ago now we noticed the number with anxiety just went through the roof. Though I have had some of your generation also tell me that its like having a mental health issue, particularly anxiety, has become trending, and everyone has it or thinks they do.
My fiancee is older than me by a month, in essence, I'm engaged to a cougar! :LOL:
This is my experience (so, anyone, please don't shoot me ;)✌). I went to an all-boys school that offers courses like healthy masculinity and 21st-century manhood, but the school occasionally invited lecturers on gender studies, who introduced the idea of gender as a spectrum. Those lectures caused a lot of confusion and subsequently, anxiety-depression among students. A few students said trying to figure out where they were on the gender spectrum gave them sleepless nights. One student told his mom about his confusion, apparently, the mother told him, "Go to your room, stand in front of the mirror, pull your boxers down. Whatever you have, that's what you are, no matter what your mind tells you."

Anyhoo...back to Lalande.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm Gen X too, on the older end of it. I'm so glad we didn't have all the technology. Honestly, I think I had a much better youth because of it. But yeah, you sure didn't want to be gay in the 1980s, or any little bit quirky or nerdy. Gosh, I was embarrassed to wear glasses. I remember the drama kids walking through jock hall in high school and they were verbally taunted most times. We were very segregated into type of people. The headbangers had one area, the jocks another, all the asian kids hung out in one of the basement hallways playing ping pong ... the brains, the nerds, and then there were some of us in the middle that I called floaters, we could kind of move around and not be specifically in one of the more defined groups. We did have some awesome music though! Best party music on the planet! When I get to VIP we're going to have a shag in the VIP lounge, like a dance shag, not sex, you pervs! I have to get there before that wanna be VIP dude though!!!
Yay! I knew there was a reason you are my spirit animal! I feel your pain- wore glasses from primary school until secondary school (contact lenses were one of the greatest inventions ever!) The clique thing was real- (even in boarding school), but I was lucky (after much crying and complaining) that the 'Rents (they were divorced, and just finally relented) let me go to a public secondary (high school). I was an odd duck- I played sports, was a cheerleader, was in band and theater- an odd mix. I hung out with all groups- I just got along with everyone (looking back, I think I was a "roamer"- I just liked hanging out with people who were genuine, funny and good at heart- even the Nerds, Skaters, Goths, and Headbangers.) I kind of had a "Go F yourself attitude if you talk crap about my friends." Ironically, I am still friends with most of the people I went to secondary school with- it was the best! The music was AWESOME, everything from the Ramones/Metallica/Violent Femmes/The Cure (oh sigh, I adored Robert Smith! We were going to live a life of decay- oh wait, Fanny took it too seriously...)/Echo & The Bunnymen/Gene Loves Jezebel/Tiffany... Hells yas! Sign me up for the VIP party! We are going to cut a rug, with T Rex doing the Cabbage Patch!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Can you imagine the knockdown dragout fights Squirrelnutkins and Nicki Fairslax would have over which china pattern to set for brunch? It would be a bloodbath.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Yay! I knew there was a reason you are my spirit animal! I feel your pain- wore glasses from primary school until secondary school (contact lenses were one of the greatest inventions ever!) The clique thing was real- (even in boarding school), but I was lucky (after much crying and complaining) that the 'Rents (they were divorced, and just finally relented) let me go to a public secondary (high school). I was an odd duck- I played sports, was a cheerleader, was in band and theater- an odd mix. I hung out with all groups- I just got along with everyone (looking back, I think I was a "roamer"- I just liked hanging out with people who were genuine, funny and good at heart- even the Nerds, Skaters, Goths, and Headbangers.) I kind of had a "Go F yourself attitude if you talk crap about my friends." Ironically, I am still friends with most of the people I went to secondary school with- it was the best! The music was AWESOME, everything from the Ramones/Metallica/Violent Femmes/The Cure (oh sigh, I adored Robert Smith! We were going to live a life of decay- oh wait, Fanny took it too seriously...)/Echo & The Bunnymen/Gene Loves Jezebel/Tiffany... Hells yas! Sign me up for the VIP party! We are going to cut a rug, with T Rex doing the Cabbage Patch!
okay, you had me at "wore glasses from primary school until secondary school"! I got contacts in grade 12 and wore them every single day for 10 years!! And I knew we were the same person when you used the term " 'Rents"!! My sis and I called our parents that! :)

It never works with two bottoms.
So ... pardon my hetro ignorance .. but it's always one position for gays? I have no clue!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can you imagine the knockdown dragout fights Squirrelnutkins and Nicki Fairslax would have over which china pattern to set for brunch? It would be a bloodbath.
But can you imagine how much more fun it would be to watch the two of them? ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Philip seems like a very devoted type. Can a gay man be that devoted to someone he has no love interest in? Spending all night in a car while his "girlfriend" is in the hospital. I don't know, I was convinced he was gay, but I'm going with he's bisexual, or still in denial to himself and thinks he is straight.
No he has admitted he is bisexual. In round about ways. Remember that drinking game Cat came up with????
You say," I like my man"....and then read something off of the label on the bottle...Cat read ," full bodied" or something to that effect.
So Selmar said ," I like my woman, maybe he said lady? I don't recall....and then blah blah blah
And when it got to Phyllis ( well, looking back to what we know NOW! he and SJ were already boinking😲), there was a bit of a pregnant pause, and he said ," I like my LOVERS.....I right then I thought," Yep, he is covering both bases!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
That clock bag is just so weird to me. Now I'm not a bag type of woman, I try to carry as little as possible, in my pants pocket!! So maybe the fashion bag ladies here can speak to the bag ... but I wouldn't ever carry anything with a big clock on it.

Reactions: 13
That clock bag is just so weird to me. Now I'm not a bag type of woman, I try to carry as little as possible, in my pants pocket!! So maybe the fashion bag ladies here can speak to the bag ... but I wouldn't ever carry anything with a big clock on it.
Flavor Flav!

C7BA58AE-26CE-4464-8FBA-BDED3B0179E0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I always wondered where the term “Gen X” came from, then I learned the origin. It was coined in the United States. A generation is loosely defined as a twenty year span. Generation X consists of people born roughly between 1965 - 1985, with 1976 (the American Bicentennial) falling in the middle of the period. “X” is the Roman Numeral for “10.” So…Generation “X” is the 10th (“X”) generation since the American Revolution (200 years divided by 20 years per generation = 10 generations, or “X”). Pretty cool!

I have no idea where the term Generation Z originated! 😆
I think it's actually 1965-1980 for Gen X. My youngest brother (who was born in late 1979) is more of a Millenial than a Gen X-er. He lives at home with Mum, has multiple degrees from Uni in many fields and certifications (not even joking: he's a mechanical engineer (BS), certified CNC operator, certified forklift operator, certified welder, got a BS in accounting a few years ago along with getting one in Management somewhere along the way) but chooses to work as a petrol station attendant. WHAT THE HELL?! My other brother (also a mechanical engineer) and I (electrical engineer with a project management certification) are just Mum's "okay" children. Youngest brother is a "Mumma's boy"- we're quite fine with it. We've just accepted (we do love our little brother) but he's stuck with caring for Mum when she gets old.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think I should send one of these the Steffie ... would look so much better than her 100 Stars .... :)

Sleepwears & Dresses.jpg

Reactions: 16
I'm all about the pockets too! I thought it was a necklace and he was Flavor Flav for Halloween! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know I am pretty averse to liars but I no longer feel like watching any of the other chateau vloggers who were complicit in the deceit. I don’t want to watch Philip and Anna or Anna and Edd - they partook in the false bedroom arrangement for film…I feel we have all been lied to and made fools of. If you cannot respect your audience, don’t expect any respect back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I can see that - dating exclusively younger in a desperate attempt to claim youth.... look at Madonna- I mean.... that ship has SAILED honey - nobody wants to see any of it any more AND THATS FINE!! take that truckload of cash, start some sort of charity and get to bed early like the rest of us!! I used to stay up until 6am REGULARLY- while working.... if I see midnight now🤣🤣 it is great because I do get to shock the kid (dresses like she lives in Afghanistan) with stories of me wearing electrical tape of the nipples and sky high heels🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰 good times - but if I tried that now, even if I looked EXACTLY the same.... I would fall asleep before anything even started and my old demand would be "can my dogs come with me?? I won't go unless I can take the dogs- oh... and snacks... I will need snacks" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ruthie - it is 100% - TOTALLY RUTHIE - omg... motive AND opportunity!!
That's funny! I'm built for comfort these days and not for speed...I need a chair if I go anywhere...lol. I date exclusively younger purely because I enjoy stamina and quick recovery.;) That and guys my age have so much baggage that I can't handle them. I enjoy guys who are upbeat not men who complain about everything under the sun. If you can find one of those in his mid 50's, preferably one with a natural tan, please send him east for me, would you? 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree ... now how do we become the Tattle Match Making Service and get them connected? :)
I think we should send Squirrel boy a cup and saucer with a hedgehog in it and say its from Nic. Over in a shot !!! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.