The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to remember a female cousin when she went to Venice with Petherick? I’ll go and check
Think that was Gillian, in whose house Marie stayed, but I can't make out whether she's Amaury's sister. He just seems to have a brother. I expect Clara knows.

Reactions: 8
Oh now I get it. Phillip had ONE conversation with a lighting expert so now he can expertly plan lighting in Natti's apt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
For your viewing pleasure...or maybe for your frustration!!!...LOL..
Gawd, how awful she is, All the manic talking at speed and excessive jolly manner, body language and gestures serve to give the overall impression that she knows she is lying and being deceitful and every time she does a Patreon video, her whole manner suggests that she's cheating them and feels guilty about it so she puts on her "jolly" show and rushes through all the stuff she's embarrassed about. She is infuriating. Once she's rushed through the work being done and the money elements, she then slows down a bit and switches to her slightly less manic presenting style! All the rubbish about now being able to show the pigeon staircase, etc., now it's on the TV show - she's shown all these things loads of time in the vlogs already!
I really wish she would stop acting like an over-excited 6 year old girl; at a birthday party; it's annoying enough in a spoilt child but is way more annoying in a spoilt middle aged woman! And the almost equally annoying SS is already acting as if he's in charge of planning!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Josie looks very familiar! I wonder who she is.
Found her - although I can't see any reason why she would look familiar to me - must just have one of those faces. Her FB is full of flower arrangements. She could certainly show FRK a thing or two. She lives in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, so I wonder if FRK might engineer a stay there. Josie lists lots of the Court of Lalande as her friends, including Dana, Oliver, Selmar, Nati, IJ, SJ, PA, GG, Hanni but notably not Filly and the Flowerkiller.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I REALLY need some of that!!!...Or maybe just some tequila!!!!!!

For your viewing pleasure...or maybe for your frustration!!!...LOL...

@Phoenix Richards-Bingham Thank you. ❤ BJJ is now a lighting expert??? 🤪 When explaining it, BJJ never refers to Nutti but instead keeps saying, "people". So, my guess, it will be a rental in the future. SJ also explains that her London flat has been closed up during covid. Well, that is not true. FRK used it for quarantine when she went to retrieve her donated vehicle. On another note, Celeste arrives today. 🍿

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Shutter dogs were one of the first items that patrons were asked to pay for. SJ now, thinks it is no big deal. 🤪
I am reposting Cara Winsor Hehir's IG post, whilst she volunteered at Lalande. She and all of the patrons should be disappointed with SJ and her promises. Eyes wide shut??? WAKE UP PATRONS!!!!

Aug 7, 2021
Is Cara sending a message???

232040547_3013973452205835_5101486648639067886_n(1).jpg

Aug 7, 2021
fat_girl_on_a_bike

shutter dog

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Thanks for the Patrons video !

1. I don't get why it is so important for Steph to get these 18th century panellings installed in a chateau where there were never ever any panelling of this quality ? The Grand Salon was never meant to have such grandiose panellings. Or if there were some panelling at some stage, they were more likely quite simple with no fuss.

2. It must be very frustating for the Patrons to know that their money is spent for a TV program and the chatelaine's glory (she says it herself : thanks to this TV program, Lalande is well know internationally...).

3. Everybody at Lalande (even Patrons) seem to think that it is absolutely normal that work as simple as to beewaxx the beams is done by a builder/plasterer (Ian) and not by themselves. Oh I forget : they are to busy, partying, drinking and traveling !

• Heart
Reactions: 28
[/QUOTE]
yes
She could be the sister of Esme Young on the GB Sewing Bee?
View attachment 798235
[/QUOTE]

I too thought that it was Esme when I first glimpsed her in a vlog. As far as I can see, there is no connection between Esme and Josie. Esme was born in Bedford and doesn't appear to have any connection with. the North of England. Josie hails from Barnard Castle (renowned for its reputation as a centre of excellence for eye testing 😉 ). There is a remarkable resemblance though.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

1. I don't get why it is so important for Steph to get these 18th century panellings installed in a chateau where there were never ever any panelling of this quality ? The Grand Salon was never meant to have such grandiose panellings. Or if there were some panelling at some stage, they were more likely quite simple with no fuss.

2. It must be very frustating for the Patrons to know that their money is spent for a TV program and the chatelaine's glory (she says it herself : thanks to this TV program, Lalande is well know internationally...).

3. Everybody at Lalande (even Patrons) seem to think that it is absolutely normal that work as simple as to beewaxx the beams is done by a builder/plasterer (Ian) and not by themselves. Oh I forget : they are to busy, partying, drinking and traveling !
Trying to make her farmhouse appear grander than it is/was.

Also, shouldn't the new radiators be considered as repairs rather than renovation? They've already been installed once and failed due to lack of regular servicing which should be for her to pay for, not the patrons.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@Bored Mermaid CC, Please be careful. I'm not sure if Donna Davis is praising you or trying to drug you???
I'm surprised she is not spilling the tea. Spilled tea will be a signal for us here. 👁👁

244451703_192536902955453_3313235358379296359_n.jpg

244420379_597832271395512_1901508281628879127_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
In the Patron video, she talked about not having some fittings in a certain place as they wouldn't have been there in whatever century it was, so they weren't authentic or appropriate. That doesn't bother her when it comes to the paneling for the Grand Salon or the mixture of styles of decoration. furniture and fittings for all sorts of other rooms; wallpaper in the loo; Daddy's paintings, etc., so, as long as it's pretty and she likes it, it doesn't matter if it's not authentic for the period! She has no credibility!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
1633617603887.png
1633617662137.png
1633617689353.png
1633618125674.png

Not sure which David Lalande is a guest at Lalande??? Please be on the lookout. Time will tell...

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I’m thinking of an expression…what is it? Oh, yes! “Like putting lipstick on a pig!” 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm right there with you!!! ❤ Here are my favorite cleaners, Kim Woodburn and Aggie MacKenzie.

I vaguely remember watching Kim kicking off in a young man's home. He gave a cheeky MCP response something along the lines of "a woman's place" when they got to the disgusting toilet and she nearly rammed his head down it whilst she made him clean it. Still makes me chuckle to this day. Good on ya Kim. 😂🤣😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.