The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not formally working with Workaway any more because they forbid volunteers to work in for profit business, and Jarvis had ALL of the B and B work performed by Workaway volunteers.
I wonder what their terms are now -- similar? Five hours' charring daily, free room and board? There would be no prohibition now that the volunteers could not work for the B and B. Do we know what Nati tells people?
Just in case you forgot here's Tomaz Quaresma's famous video showing the work he did as a Workaway at Lalande.
I think Cara has been made to feel like a servant, per her demeanor on the Patreon video, in which she described all her wool projects, and then said of course I'm here to do anything else I'm asked, or words to that effect.
Thank you for your post. Please allow me to add this, from one of Tomaz Quaresma's instagram accounts. I can't wrap my head around the before picture. It only took 16 years for an overhaul??? :sick: As I remember, his stay and the fallout from his vlog was pathetic. The only person that benefited was SJ. :unsure:

197660910_1704147273125543_7800969310981949004_n.jpg

tomazquaresmadesign

Before and After - Laundry Room - Chateau de Lalande.
JUNE 8

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
It could be that she has a family emergency back home, or maybe she is simply homesick, there could be many innocent reasons.

But, the :devilish: on my shoulder hopes, like others here, that she is the first in a long line of disappointed fans and patrons that will have their dreams of love, life and laughter shattered on arrival at the shatoo. If that is the case then I do hope she rips up the non-disclosure papers and spills the beans.

Love? (conditional: only as long as you suck up and pay up)
Life? (as long as it benefits SJ's life, not your's)
Laughter? (directed at you, behind your back, all the way to the bank)

"Should have gone to Specsavers? No, should have read Tattle and BELIEVED us" would make a good thread title. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
They're not formally working with Workaway any more because they forbid volunteers to work in for profit business, and Jarvis had ALL of the B and B work performed by Workaway volunteers.
I wonder what their terms are now -- similar? Five hours' charring daily, free room and board? There would be no prohibition now that the volunteers could not work for the B and B. Do we know what Nati tells people?
Just in case you forgot here's Tomaz Quaresma's famous video showing the work he did as a Workaway at Lalande.
I think Cara has been made to feel like a servant, per her demeanor on the Patreon video, in which she described all her wool projects, and then said of course I'm here to do anything else I'm asked, or words to that effect.
And then to see Snorts and Madame Fanny...lying in their stinking beds untill noon...all those volunteers are mad....so say the least...to help that lazy madwoman out...with her shittoo...

Reactions: 20
News from the textile artist Cara.
Oh dear! I wonder what is wrong??:oops:
fat_girl_on_a_bike

charxxxx

How long are you going to be there?

@charxxxxxx a week maybe. might have to cut the trip short.
I bet she found out that all the "fun and games" she thought she would find at La la land were all just "games" (that the misfits play at....like not being there most of the time) and NO FUN.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I remember that video well, and the outrage that followed it. I never bought Tomaz' version myself. He was definitely mixing some of the workaway reality with great play acting and putting himself into scene.
Wouldn't it be fascinating to do a study on LaLande?
Tomaz clearly has made things worse then they are...but a b and b is a slavejob...i cannot get my head around it...who wants to volunteer there??? Well Cara if you want to spill the beans your welcome...we dont have wool here...but we can surely let the spinningwheel turn....

• Heart
Reactions: 28
*** FLY ON THE WALL ***

Teabag's walking down a corridor in Begmania ... . He's holding up his phone and talking, but there's no one else there (must be flogging again ...). Suddenly, he bumps into Billy Pickpocket who's also holding up his phone and talking ... to no one (must be pickpocketing again ...).

Billy: What 'ave you done, Michael?

Teabag: What do you mean what 'ave I done?

Billy: You know what I mean ... that vlog you put out about the truth an all that ... . What are you playin' at Michael? The subscribers and patrons are droppin' like blinkin' flies!

Teabag: I just wanted to tell everyone the truth about who and what I am ... being an artist is very difficult ... you know what I've been thru recently ...

Billy: It's not about the truth, Michael, is it? It's about the brand an creatin an image, innit? An you know what you've gone an done, don't ya? You've gone an stuck a fackin' great needle in everythin we've created and the money's gonna dry up. An then what are we gonna do? I've got another sprog to feed now ... . None of us can do the lingo and none of us work. It's a bloomin disaster!

Teabag: You could always sell some of them paintings an books you been buyin ...

Billy: The're not wurf noffin, you know that ... all for show, innit? Make us look rich ... You know what I'd do if I were you, don'tya? I'd just remove it, mate ...

Teabag: Yeah, you're right, Billy. I'll just remove it. No one will know, will they? Then I can just go back to doin the videos everyone loves ... like how to make a salad and pick tomatoes ... . Everyone loves that, don't they?

Billy: You'd better hope they do forget, Michael, because these things always leave a nasty smell ... You seen what they've been sayin about you on Tattle? They've been takin the piss out of you somethin rotten on there! That TaxInspector's really got it in for you and the rest of em ...

Teabag: Well, you won't change that ... that's all they do on there ... take the piss all day ...

Billy: Well you've given them plenty of ammo, haven't ya?

Teabag: You know what? I'm finkin of jackin it all in ... I don't want Andrew to become the subject of idle gossip on that site ...

Billy: Too late, mate ... they've been gettin stuck into him as well ... should see what they've been sayin ... one of em on there's even got pics of him in the noddy ...

Teabag: You serious? Where did they get that from?

Billy: Don't be a w**ker, Michel, you know very well what he's been up to ... he's all over the flippin Internet flauntin himself and his wares ...

Teabag: Right, that's it! Why don't you go on Tattle as well, Billy? You might as well ...

Billy: Listen, all that counts is the dosh, innit? You've got two choices ... eiver you carry on doin' borin videos or it's a job in the local Brico ...

Teabag: Well I'd betta carry on doin borin videos then, hadn't I?

Billy: Good man! Show them how to make a fried egg, or 'ave ya done that one already?

Ma and Pa call Billy and Teabag into the editing room for a serious talk about the drop in revenue from the pickpocket business ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I remember that video well, and the outrage that followed it. I never bought Tomaz' version myself. He was definitely mixing some of the workaway reality with great play acting and putting himself into scene.
Wouldn't it be fascinating to do a study on LaLande?
It is fertile ground ripe for growing PHd's, for sure, covering the inhabitants, the volunteers and the guests reacting to the vlogs. BUT, the study would have to include criminal psychology, not just "normal" character and behavioural. In other words, the French police should be involved. I have no doubt they are playing fast n loose with taxes and international financing, not to mention labour laws as referenced by others here.

Reactions: 12
Tomaz clearly has made things worse then they are...but a b and b is a slavejob...i cannot get my head around it...who wants to volunteer there??? Well Cara if you want to spill the beans your welcome...we dont have wool here...but we can surely let the spinningwheel turn....
I checked the workaway website once...Personally I would never want to become a workaway or have any workaways at my place but there are many people who love it.Each to their own.Might make sense for a non profit and the like but thete are many bnbs,farms etc ...

Reactions: 8
We have one of those coffee makers at home. Not only is his utterly filthy, but he did everything wrong.

My partner is shouting at the tv that it looks like ill person urine rather than coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
MP is definitely on something in his daily vlog #1, the way he is nervously rambling on about absolutely nothing. And another look at the tomatoes he featured prominently yesterday. How fascinating. At least no pathetic money beg this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Surely, if you were really interested in how your vlogs were coming across, your first stop would be Tattle for a gloves-off appraisal. We know that most of them are here but how much notice are they taking? Maybe they rely on their cronies for feedback - Mr. Ed the talking horse. Mini Apron, Snorts, Nutti, Silly Philly from Bailleul, Hanni (with her French law degree ), Potty, Ma P, BG, Jill Scott and of course Dan, who does seem to be the most aware of his audience. I think Dan / Annalise just lurk quietly in the background, taking notes and this self-reflection is why he is probably now the most successful of them all. The others raise their heads above the parapet from time to time and then duck down again or create new accounts. Not including Selmar, FRK or Ryan here as I don't think they have enough about them to consider that as an option.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Surely, if you were really interested in how your vlogs were coming across, your first stop would be Tattle for a gloves-off appraisal. We know that most of them are here but how much notice are they taking? Maybe they rely on their cronies for feedback - Mr. Ed the talking horse. Mini Apron, Snorts, Nutti, Silly Philly from Bailleul, Hanni (with her French law degree ), Potty, Ma P, BG, Jill Scott and of course Dan, who does seem to be the most aware of his audience. I think Dan / Annalise just lurk quietly in the background, taking notes and this self-reflection is why he is probably now the most successful of them all. The others raise their heads above the parapet from time to time and then duck down again or create new accounts. Not including Selmar, FRK or Ryan here as I don't think they have enough about them to consider that as an option.
It would challenge their ego's, and sense of reality, to do the research; an us vs them syndrome. Not to mention, as I have before, they are morons with :poop: for brains.

Reactions: 10
We have one of those coffee makers at home. Not only is his utterly filthy, but he did everything wrong.

My partner is shouting at the tv that it looks like ill person urine rather than coffee.
YOU are so right!!! I use it twice a day... Not one single thing was right... Bleah!!

MP is definitely on something in his daily vlog #1, the way he is nervously rambling on about absolutely nothing. And another look at the tomatoes he featured prominently yesterday. How fascinating. At least no pathetic money beg this time.
He was really so nervous..crashing everything in his hands.. Became quiet at the very end of the video ( finished... exauhsted..)

Reactions: 15
Same, but with Curious George, as he is more known in Denmark. :giggle:
I started collecting the little books after Michael Pathetick talked about them, they're all cute stories, other than that they're just stored on the shelf. I wouldn't go out to buy tat, as Michael Pathetick has filled his kitchen.
I'm 68 years old and I have a Harry Potter collection...a small collection to be sure, but a collection no less. I own all the books and all the movies and my kids and grandkids buy me things like a Marauder's Map 4 piece dinner set with real gold...it must have come from France as some of the writing on the box is in French. I also am very into the Jurassic Park movies and books. I guess I'm just a kid at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anyone up? I have had a few too many, and up all alone 😙🍸 So, I went to see if Teabeg has been posting one of his DAILY VLOGS that I could enjoy, but no! No daily vlog, I was so gutted. And, no vlog for 2 weeks. Where are these invisible daily vlogs for his 530 Sugardaddies/mummies/grannies ? I am looking forward to seeing Tatiana, now when we know she is real. Selmar is SO craving a woman, it is very easy to see. He is like a black hole , waiting to suck in a woman to love. Are we not rid of Marie yet? She should fade into the background now. Stephanie is about one hundred times a better interviewer , but then anyone would be. Marie is in denial about her skills and lack of, she should find an equally simple man and give up on her dreams of stardom. Settle, get a normal job and a kid or two. Right, I am fixing myself another drink...
I have to add, I have a type, which is bad boys. I killed myself with bad boys, and practically killed myself trying to like good ones, which was So. Much. Worse.
Curiously, Lalande has no such candidate, including Matt the digger. He's not bad, he's just mean and not very effective, for all his wallowing around in the moat in waders. No warmth for his form. Zip.
Potts thinks he's bad but he's pure provincial poseur and the tree cutter dude is a good, hardworking, green, upstanding antisocial boy.
As a chav, Annelise is the baddest boy on that plantation. But she's married and I don't actually swing that way.
Oh well.
Same for me with the bad boys. There aren’t any there.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.