The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Julie Montaghe seen here celebrating Spring

Julie Montaghe is also the most highly concentrated irritating American I have ever had the unpleasant misfortune of encountering. She's like a hyper golden retriever, mouth is constantly rambling without saying much, or stating the very obvious, it just never stops. I don't know how she can be a Yoga instructor, even when she stands still she vibrates ........ she seems a little nuts, well intentioned but nuttier than a cashew tree.

Her vlogs have some potential if she'd allow people to talk and take a back set, maybe insert some music, anything ....... Her channel needs to come with earplugs .....
Yes, she's hyper. The channel is absurd also because of the constant begging while wearing your family diamond tiara or showing around the vast estate and antique filled rooms.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That was a weird *scene* to film. SJ really wanted everyone to know that Marie is leaving.
FRK had to take the initiative to come and say goodbye, so SJ never made the effort.
SJ had her climb onto her bed HQ.
Being filmed in her bedwear.
Doesn't SJ have any self-consciousness about what is appropriate?
Or she thinks she's Le Roi Soleil who required a court from the moment he woke up to the minute he went to bed.
We owe ourselves entirely to the public.

It's easy to understand why she sees herself as a Madame Soleil.
Subtitles in English!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I am with you - that was beyond belief - keeping the camera on a sad ass chair with dreams of what - Toile? If her father was alive he would have ditched it. There is NOTHING in that piece of rust regarding memories - as you have rightfully suggested many more - who needs that rotting hulk - till she gets round to it.If ever. Then...where does it go in the 'tastefully' restored shitoo? I listened to that part and went - Christies Tastymaker? LOL
300 € a yard toile isn’t going to make that chair anything but a ridiculous & ugly 80’s office chair with a fancy fabric seat-once again lipstick on a pig-everything related to that place is lipstick on a pig

why have they not replaced the windows-ffs-every time I see her looking out the window shouting down at someone I notice the f*cking moldy crusty heat depleting windows and I just want to 🤮

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
too right ye are- 🧵 one ☝ …. Posting to the tag 🏷 not an issue … 👁👃🐀
Been here to long - we had to go into witness protection … to avoid the side swipers 🙄 and yet here we are at 🧵 69 and going …

eventually they blow their wad and show themselfs 😂😂😂

shows how little they actually read … @sandro37 asked for suggestions and then chose her own as it should be !!!

We can afford them the same courtesy scroll 📝
Leaste it causes offence

no tags 🏷 required for true tattlers - each and every true tattler KNOWS their VIP 😈
I have to say this is a superior thread title, @sandro37, with long-term historical memory and observant narc trend-spotting combined. Good work, thank you.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I think they're upset because nobody wants to pay big fees to sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere with no games, swimming pool, AC etc. They can complain all they want but their big dream business plan (if they had one) was flawed from the beginning.
yes, blame the neighbors when your business goes bust-you might think they were americans with that attitude

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
All of this class talk is interesting to me. I’m an American of Irish, Scottish, English, Italian, French and Croatian descent. My people included first generation American grandparents of Italian and Croatian descent. The Scot and Irish folks came here in the 1700’s. Many were farmers but also college educated. Many were talented in music and art. There were many different careers. Teachers, sheriffs, assay, judge, Great Lakes captain, bootlegger (that ones a hoot). I don’t ever judge someone on their “family name”, rather I note their own achievements or talents. I have absolutely no use for a snob.

What I do love about America is that we are all here because our people were accepted and welcomed in the past except for those who were subject to slavery of course, at least that ended, but I wouldn’t say it’s over. I can’t even understand some of the issues we have today with people hating migrants and people fleeing oppression. Our country was founded on the idea of freedom for everyone. I do think family accomplishments and history are quite fascinating, but above all I just assess people on how they treat others, not whether you have a name or money.
You just reminded me out of the blue of an older lady I was next to in a yoga class in Massachusetts. Hearing that I wasn't a local, and apropos of nothing, she regaled me with an incongruous, unsolicited tale of how she'd got seasick sailing off the Cape recently. She made sure to let me know her august lineage by saying that her friend had commented, "But, Marjorie, how can you get seasick when your family came over in the Mayflower?"

I forbore to whip out my Debretts and trump her gauche, snobbish, self-elevation attempt with my 1,800 years of blue-blooded genes.
As you so rightly intimate, it's character that matters, it's how you treat others that really counts. Not how you exploited good people and your entitled ancestors' name to acquire money/power/fame.

Certain circles in English society particularly are still intensely snobbish (watch 'Lady C' in full flight...it's quite sickening IMHO. ).
Besides it's ludicrous - the genealogists tell us that a large ajority heritage Brits and thus many Americans of UK origin are descended from King Edward III, though most have lost the paperwork over the generations.
(PS I'm proud to say that I can count ag. labs. (agricultural labourers) and an actual washerwoman amongst my ancestors on the other side.

It could be the paarfect excuse for SJ to bid goodbye to Selmar.
Yes, though I think he's on his way out in any case.
The two bigger issues for me here are the glamper proprietors' tell-tale nastiness and the growing encroachment on the rights of property owners to do what they want on their land.

So, Steffie has ONE small RV on her 60-odd acres...how does that materially affect the glamper people? It's not taking any business away from them. If they could get Selmar to park on their land for a weekly rent, they would.

Their complaint only makes them look petty and mean. IMHO.
I looked at their website a few weeks ago, before this news. I thought that it might be an interesting, peaceful place to spend a few days when all's safe again. Now, I wouldn't even go near it with a disinfected bargepole!

And the other thing is that it's just a little RV of a friend who helps with household jobs, and tucked well away out of sight. It's not bothering anyone at all in practical terms. What business is it of any arm of gvt?

Please don't think that I'm Steff-fending! Perish the thought!
Just that there are bigger, more important principles of freedom and good manners at play here, as far as I'm concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Well that is because " chateau diaries" is really Sir Master in Charge BJJ answering who thinks he is Lord of the Flies now....the talking head who knows NOTHING!!!! )
Her ladyship is slightly irritated at your suggesting she is in a state of ignorance, and has not held back in letting it be known.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I thought that's what she was already doing, no jobs for Silly? He hasn't been seen working on anything really for months now.
I don't even remember Nichola Jane WhatsHerName so she must be a forgettable character.
He hasn’t finished the work from a year ago. Church pews sitting, no benches or picnic tables complete. They showed the sink for his loo laying in pile of junk they cleaned up. Once he flooded the house I think that was the last straw he now is costing her money and not helping. He blew it, Petheric blew it, FRK blew it and Snorty will fall. They are not workers but dreamers and don’t have the intelligence, personality or talent to be stars.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
We can see we're close to the end of the month by every vlogger advertising their patreons and begging people to subscribe to their channels.
The Fleuries' latest patreon vlog, if you're interested:
Love this family! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: 6
Who do we think filmed that appalling excuse for a goodbye between the two best friends SJ and FRK?
It was appalling and must have been staged. Why would she have the camera ready for someone else to film when FRK "suddenly decided" to come in; absolutely ridiculous and then SJ tries to look as if she's genuinely upset. We know there's no love lost between the two of them. It's just like when Potty or someone else used to burst into her room early in the morning and the camera was ready, waiting to film it. She must think everyone is really stupid. Well, we know that most of her fans are, at least!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
All of this class talk is interesting to me.
Class talk is interesting to me, too. Aristocrats in many ways are greens (not overlooking the Duke of Westminster's portfolio of prime London real estate). That's a good thing. A sense of one's place in eternity is interesting too -- I only had it once, visiting my father's birthplace and family graves, including my namesake, for the first time. (He's buried at sea, his happy place.) Americans are so dispersed, we don't live and die in the places and among the generations of families our ancestors did. One reason we're all obsessed with youth and teeth. If you lived among people whose gggggrandparents knew yours, looks wouldn't be such a required passport among strangers. Teeth, like grammar, also a class marker.
Certainly a fake pedigree is what the grifter chatelaines are after. I'll never forget one commenter on one of SJ's flogs berating another one by saying something like, she lives in a chateau, she's closer to god, unlike us, and can do as she pleases. That's kinda feral for me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I am the dancing handyman
I wonder if Selmar and Tatty believe that they can live at LL and he can have his dance studio there. Maybe T thinks they can also organise "historical events" there and perhaps that's what she's discussing with Steph. Selmar showed in a vlog that he used to take part in re-enactments so maybe they want to do that. Can't see that working well! The dancing "lessons" are dreadful, no one would want to pay anything for that.

Reactions: 21
To answer my own question 😋, have looked briefly on

⛺🚐🎪A permit is required if a site can host more than 20 people or more than 6 glamping units.

D'après l'Article *R421-19, la délivrance d'un permis d'aménager est obligatoire pour la création ou l'agrandissement d'un terrain de camping permettant l'accueil de plus de 20 personnes ou de plus de 6 hébergements de loisirs constitués de tentes, de caravanes, de résidences mobiles de loisirs ou d'habitations légères de loisirs.
From the French official website for caravanes and motor homes :

You can stay in a private property (with the owner permission) for a total of less than 3 months per year.

If you want to stay more than 3 months, the owner has to ask the local mayor for the legal authorisation. (Google translation)

"Camp and park on private land
The parking of a leisure vehicle on private land depends on the Town Planning Code. A caravan or motorhome can be freely stored in a private garden, without requesting authorization, pending its next use.

An individual can camp in the garden of another, with his agreement, and not more than three months per year (consecutive or not) and in accordance with the local town planning document.

For a final installation of a caravan or a motorhome in your garden, you must request an authorization from the town hall: a prior declaration for an area between 5 m² and 20 m², a building permit beyond."

• Wow
Reactions: 19
He hasn’t finished the work from a year ago. Church pews sitting, no benches or picnic tables complete. They showed the sink for his loo laying in pile of junk they cleaned up. Once he flooded the house I think that was the last straw he now is costing her money and not helping. He blew it, Petheric blew it, FRK blew it and Snorty will fall. They are not workers but dreamers and don’t have the intelligence, personality or talent to be stars.
I think the only thing he's finished in the past 12 months is the compost heap. While SJ claims to hate goodbyes on camera, she's got no qualms about leaving people in the dust off camera. Silly ought to to move on already, but first...BJJ will need to be crow bar'd out of his tiny office.
@LaFrancaise123 , so it would appear that putting in a parking pad in the woods was the icing on the cake that caused the complaint.

Reactions: 9
with my lovely friend @bymariewiik
It's another "dear friend" for FRK; it's a wonder she hasn't been interviewed. FRK will definitely need some kind of mentor; she can't stand up on her own two feet.

1. How can Steph think that wearing dresses-shirts with slippers style flat shoes or high heels suits her ? Steph : No, it doesn't give you a stylish look. Sorry
She looked like a very elderly lady in that yellow dress!

Reactions: 10
This whole patreon funding is unethical in the chateau-verse. The money goes directly into increasing property values and not supporting artistic work.
This finally sunk in. Good point. And so succinctly made without ranting I hardly stopped to read it.
I am a Patreon of Dan's because he does the work. I was a Patreon of another very artistic young man restoring an old house in upstate NY, replaning all the 150 year old clapboards, and upcycling old doors and baseboard trim, etc., all on his own. I thought that was art.
Dan's repointing his own stones, and saving a tumbledown village landmark, makes it ethical enough for me. I have taken to heart @LaFrancaise123's remarks about how the Dan bank drone caper may have betrayed their rude expat lack of French -- no one can be ruder than expats raising their voices and sputtering CANT YOU SPEAK ENGLISH, and/or all its appalling permutations. But Dan's willingness to live in a French village and make friends with those neighbors, as well as build a home for his family among them, goes a long way in my head to justifying the money I send them. Jack speaks French. Coolest thing ever.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.