The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
is going to marry Natie off to AnnMarie
If Amaury and Natti oversee the chateau and all the ongoing projects, it will free up SJ and she will hardly ever be seen at LL again. She will trust those two to take over and she'll be off to Venice; South Africa; New York, etc., etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She looked like a very elderly lady in that yellow dress!
I think she's got a wardrobe for on camera and another wardrobe altogether for off camera.

If Amaury and Natti oversee the chateau and all the ongoing projects, it will free up SJ and she will hardly ever be seen at LL again. She will trust those two to take over and she'll be off to Venice; South Africa; New York, etc., etc.
Good. Maybe projects will finally get finished 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When Stephanie did a quick visit to Framlingham in Suffolk last year, she went for afternoon tea at Amaury's mum's place. She seemed very nice, and was much younger than IJ.
I think she was born in 1956 (according to the company legal status on Internet).

Reactions: 10
It was appalling and must have been staged. Why would she have the camera ready for someone else to film when FRK "suddenly decided" to come in; absolutely ridiculous and then SJ tries to look as if she's genuinely upset. We know there's no love lost between the two of them. It's just like when Potty or someone else used to burst into her room early in the morning and the camera was ready, waiting to film it. She must think everyone is really stupid. Well, we know that most of her fans are, at least!
I would question the use of video recording equipment in the bedroom anyway.

Is there an only fans channel we are not aware of? 🤔 Tattler patrons do you know? 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Selmar was also in attendance-maybe when he was there he told the glamming folks of the plan
The longer people like Selmar and Dan stay in the area and get to know some of the locals in addition to making vlogs at LL, the more likely they are to give away any secrets that SJ would prefer to be hidden. In the past, the LL residents largely stayed in their little group together at the chateau. Dan, Selmar, etc., need to watch what they show on video and what they say to others as SJ will not be happy if she is being exposed to scrutiny as a result of something they have inadvertently given away.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The longer people like Selmar and Dan stay in the area and get to know some of the locals in addition to making vlogs at LL, the more likely they are to give away any secrets that SJ would prefer to be hidden. In the past, the LL residents largely stayed in their little group together at the chateau. Dan, Selmar, etc., need to watch what they show on video and what they say to others as SJ will not be happy if she is being exposed to scrutiny as a result of something they have inadvertently given away.
Ah but we're happy when they do (maybe not Selmar's flog) so will happily watch Dan dish the dirt. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It was appalling and must have been staged. Why would she have the camera ready for someone else to film when FRK "suddenly decided" to come in; absolutely ridiculous and then SJ tries to look as if she's genuinely upset. We know there's no love lost between the two of them. It's just like when Potty or someone else used to burst into her room early in the morning and the camera was ready, waiting to film it. She must think everyone is really stupid. Well, we know that most of her fans are, at least!
ah but Fanny will in fact miss the fun of having that little mouse under her paw to play with

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
To answer my own question 😋, have looked briefly on

⛺🚐🎪A permit is required if a site can host more than 20 people or more than 6 glamping units.

D'après l'Article *R421-19, la délivrance d'un permis d'aménager est obligatoire pour la création ou l'agrandissement d'un terrain de camping permettant l'accueil de plus de 20 personnes ou de plus de 6 hébergements de loisirs constitués de tentes, de caravanes, de résidences mobiles de loisirs ou d'habitations légères de loisirs.
So that's a no then. Steffie doesn't need any permits.
Then why did the glamper people make a baseless complaint?
They fancied spicing up their lives with a soupcon of neighbour harassment?!

Reactions: 9
This is the thing that bothers me. At least Anna tries to bring some sort of artistry to her designs, but most of the chateau-verse participants that I watch only create BnB appropriate rooms, basic bathrooms with -gasp- subway tiles and kitchens that are more suitable for a catering business than a chateau.... If they want to try really hard, they add a ghastly floral wallpaper, or a bed crown with an ugly curtain thingy...

Quite frankly, this video shows the only chateau I have ever seen to be renovated to perfection! Tasteful, bright, beautiful, uncluttered yet including some amazing pieces of art. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Wow ! Truly spectacular and most importantly, it looks clean,clean,clean!
Definitely a dream kitchen as well.

Reactions: 7
It's another "dear friend" for FRK; it's a wonder she hasn't been interviewed. FRK will definitely need some kind of mentor; she can't stand up on her own two feet.

She looked like a very elderly lady in that yellow dress!
She looks like her mother :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is the thing that bothers me. At least Anna tries to bring some sort of artistry to her designs, but most of the chateau-verse participants that I watch only create BnB appropriate rooms, basic bathrooms with -gasp- subway tiles and kitchens that are more suitable for a catering business than a chateau.... If they want to try really hard, they add a ghastly floral wallpaper, or a bed crown with an ugly curtain thingy...

Quite frankly, this video shows the only chateau I have ever seen to be renovated to perfection! Tasteful, bright, beautiful, uncluttered yet including some amazing pieces of art. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Right, renovation for a for-profit business and not restoration. (I think of the hideous cheap rooms at LaGorce, and Edd's Mussolini architecture wedding photo court.) I don't think I'd mind subsidizing artisanal restoration, with sufficient engagement with local community, including restoring the chateau as a community economic asset -- not just a hermetically sealed bubble for British tourists, but for vineyards like Marc at Rosieres is planning to restore. Bankrolling somebody's de Sade cosplay parties? Not so much. But I suppose it could be argued that's art too.
It drives me wild that SJ is installing gardens before restoring the ancient lake, which, stocked with fish, is a community resource, possible fish farming enterprise, source of crop fertilizer, as it would have been for the past one thousand years. Really really furious.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
And the other thing is that it's just a little RV of a friend who helps with household jobs, and tucked well away out of sight. It's not bothering anyone at all in practical terms. What business is it of any arm of gvt?

Please don't think that I'm Steff-fending! Perish the thought!
Just that there are bigger, more important principles of freedom and good manners at play here, as far as I'm concerned.
Taxes... taxes... Everything is always a question of taxes.

Otherwise the local authorities wouldn't give a dam if you stay 3 months or not in your camper van.

Camping sites pay taxes to the local authorities. Campers pay a small tax as well (taxe de sejour).

Permament settlers (in houses or in caravans) pay local taxes as well.

Taxes, I tell you.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I would question the use of video recording equipment in the bedroom anyway.

Is there an only fans channel we are not aware of? 🤔 Tattler patrons do you know? 🤣

there are literally thousands of onlyfans channels out there where lovely men show off their amazing skills and techniques. They are often joined by not only one, but up to 4 more people sharing their hobby together.

for just a few dollars, those channels appreciate your donations with greatness.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
So that's a no then. Steffie doesn't need any permits.
Then why did the glamper people make a baseless complaint?
They fancied spicing up their lives with a soupcon of neighbour harassment?!
See my previous post. The glampers might have a point.

Reactions: 9
The chateau de la falloux is quite beautiful! You probably would need Jeff Bezos’s money to maintain it. In the exterior shots the symmetry looks off I wonder if this chateau was a victim of the window tax. The parts that they showed certainly were well decorated and restored. The chandeliers alone were magnificent to rival Versailles but I wonder how much has been left unrenovated.
re: the fleuries even though they certainly do put in sweat equity. I find the whole idea of patreon for propping up peoples businesses that perhaps the dream overtook the actual reality rather than planning for the pitfalls of not having the money to fall back on in hard times. I find somewhat distasteful. Most business owners do not have access to Patreon to prop up their businesses in hard times. It’s do or die!
Knowing that a lot of people contribute and do not have the funds to spare really bothers me.
The whole spiel at the end of the Patreon vlogs by the chateau world reminds of the tele-evangelists of the 80’s & 90’s. Begging for $$$ meanwhile living in the lap of luxury.
I certainly do not mind the revenue accrued by YouTube, the ads or even the sponsored ads as long as there is full disclosure however apparently these are not the great cash cow that Patreon is.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

So it seems the Fleuries are reserving Patreon funds for artisanal resto -- local blacksmith engaged for gates, I might part with a dime for. Hedges and barn resto, I don't know. They might persuade me with a pledge to employ local restos like Benoit and friends, and to use the restored buildings for local community somehow -- ancient church right next door would have good suggestions and contacts. Housing a pod of Compagnons du Devoir, now that would be cool. Teaching locals to print artisanal wallpaper for free, ditto. Soup kitchen or church-related community center stuff, yes please.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
When all of you guys find out that I was right and those two ARE doing the boombadee....I would like a homemade blackberry pie sent to me weekly for one year. Or wait a minute....mix it up....a different pie each week for one year....but no peach. I AM a peach, but I hate peach pie. Time will tell....or Clara's informant.😉
Nutty gave it up, she is so fond of Snorty that it hurts, all because she knows which ass to climb
btw even Cat is hugging him now before she was making faces all the time and basically running away from him when he tried to hug her

even if he sleeps next to her feet, he is on the inside

• Heart
Reactions: 24
See my previous post. The glampers might have a point.
On the other hand, we do not know if she has declared the mobilehome to the commune. I would imagine that Selmar would in any case have had to sign up as resident. The permit for a long-stay residential mobilehome would be her responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Armoire and Fanny have big plans for improvements. All the good intentions and high hopes will crash land quickly when Philip and Fanny try to micromanage the work from South Africa. I don't think he'll last in that tit show for long or he becomes as passive as Sillymar.
Do you think Selmar's passivity is the result of mistreatment?
Did he go on strike after all the bullying? Was she already torturing him before he stopped working?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.