The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's got a wardrobe for on camera and another wardrobe altogether for off camera.
I am pretty sure I have a tablecloth made out of that same yellow print (the dress last night)…

[gets out house dress pattern, tape measure and tablecloth]

voila-my own cottage industry! I start a youtube channel all about my tablecloth dresses-Stephantasy finds me and makes me a star🤩-only to later attempt to destroy my fame and fortune because it has eclipsed her own 😪

it‘s a tale as old as time

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It's funny how we have different reactions to something. I agree it's wonderful and would love to visit but would hate to own and live there. It's just too big and fancy to be comfortable.
A memory bubble forms, of Virginia Woolf visiting Knole in the 20s with her lover Vita Sackville West, and finding Lord Sackville living in two rooms of the four-acre pile. With a crappy little electric heater threatening at every moment to set the old man's draperies on fire.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Taxes... taxes... Everything is always a question of taxes.
Otherwise the local authorities wouldn't give a dam if you stay 3 months or not in your camper van.
Camping sites pay taxes to the local authorities. Campers pay a small tax as well (taxe de sejour).
Permament settlers (in houses or in caravans) pay local taxes as well.
Taxes, I tell you.
So...if Selmar doesn't make a fast exit...like his entrance...he'll be owing 2 years in tax, already in arrears?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
If I recall, it was not more than a field 🖼with a small wooden booze🍺🍺🍺 bar? Big ideas, and a super-wonky business plan.❌
Not forgetting that summer has been quite rainy 🌦in Europe this year.
None of these idiots have business plans. Well except for begging now.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Nichola provided somewhat of an explanation as to what FRK may be up to next. (I'm still not sure what that is.) I do believe that Nichola and Jill may provide FRK with some motherly advice and support. FRK should heed their advice and roll up her sleeves and do the HARD WORK necessary to be SUCCESSFUL!!! Only time will tell.

View attachment 783012
@incabellablog
Nichola Jane Taylor

@incabellablog
It’s happening! I have been very fortunate and honoured to have had the opportunity to work with so many talented chefs and wonderful people during my career in the hospitality industry. So I’m excited to be able to tell you my latest news! Now that we are progressing further with the new project, I can reveal more. I can say at this stage, that it involves me moving to Haworth in Yorkshire, where I’ll be joining an already successful business, to start work on the next chapter of my cooking career. I’ll be working with my dear friends (of 30+years) and business owners, Jill & Michael @cobblesandclay and their amazing team. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll also be spending a lot more time in Haworth, with my lovely friend @bymariewiik whilst she continues to work on her beautiful floral designs and establishes her new business. As you may know already, I had the pleasure of working with Marie @chateaudelalande and appearing in château diaries in the summer of 2020. We became good friends, so it’s very exciting to be bringing together, friends with such passion and positive energy to collaborate on a new venture. Follow along on Instagram to see our exciting new projects unfold over the next few months. It’s going to be very exciting and a great new adventure indeed for all. @cobblesandclay @bymariewiik @incabellablog @incabella.com @chateaudelalande @stephanieejarvis @johnwrightmushroomsjoh
Blimey. What is it with these people and their effusive, overwrought hyperbole? It actually exhausts me just reading it.

Nicky J got a new job at a little cafe up north, FRK is renting a garage and making some table decs for the cafe. And they'll all have such jolly good fun.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
there are literally thousands of onlyfans channels out there where lovely men show off their amazing skills and techniques. They are often joined by not only one, but up to 4 more people sharing their hobby together.

for just a few dollars, those channels appreciate your donations with greatness.
I would never waste my money. I was always taught to invest not un-vest. Wise words to live by as the human body often is time limited and bricks and mortar last longer 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
OMG you're really enjoying yourself on here aren't you Biffy/Teabag/Ryan? Sniping galore!
We enjoy a good banter back. We shouldn't dish it if we can't take it.
They're sore that others have more talent in their little finger than they'll ever possess. Plus they need a Facebook page and notes from Mummy to defend their decisions. Bless their cotton socks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
[QUOTE="Luna20, post: 6495593, member: 184256

Btw her fathers chair. For god sake woman just throw it out! You already have your dads paintings, tit loads of furniture you bought with him, and even more memories. Do you really need a ugly 80's office chair which falls apart?
This was just another opportunity to mention her endless love for her dad. Somebody commomerating the one who passed away again and again cant possibly be a bad human, right?
[/QUOTE]
The whole chair thing is an act , she's doing it for the old lady in Africa. She'll sell those ugly paintings as soon as IJ is out for good.

Reactions: 3
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a GAY duck!! He could never get that tiny gherkin up for the old gal with the old barn house.
What the devil is your profile pic? You wearing a Black Wolf costume? :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
I usually don't watch fleuries, but I just watched the vlog posted here.

Accepting sponsorship: they were offered a game sponsporship and Philip made a face.... well take that MP, you did a sponsored video for a game which was far below Philips standard🤣.

Why don't they do an event for the winter? They have good heating (SJ, made a remark that it was so nice and warm) and they could organize workshops, or help plan someone to propose to his/her partner, a small gathering for anniversaries, rent their rooms for 1m+ during the winter for an affordable price or make more vlogs? They seem to get quite a bit from youtube every month. Instead let's try to get more patreons.

I have no problen with patreon but I absolutely hate people think in limitations instead of opportunities.
You might have to give up a bit of your privacy and slow down on the renovations because of it. Perhaps feeling uncomfortable doing sales calls but hey you are comfortable begging sales calls shouldn't be that hard!
Interesting.
How they make their actual money is by ads on videos of hard nose renovations. And, if any of these grifters, excepting Dan, ever actually did any restoration, I am all in for watching those too. I never bought into the idea that that is evil.
The B n B, in the @Le Comte de Monte Cristo's informed opinion, can't ever make enough money to support the estate.
I think sponsored ads are selling out, but it goes with the monetize your videos turf. The content will change to please corporate sponsors rather than artisan fans. Which is the 10 year trend on YT -- which used to be creator-driven.

• Sick
Guess who got bespoke toile, and guess who never congratulated her...
I wonder if the Charlataine is green with envy, even if yellow is her favourite colour.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Taxes... taxes... Everything is always a question of taxes.

Otherwise the local authorities wouldn't give a dam if you stay 3 months or not in your camper van.

Camping sites pay taxes to the local authorities. Campers pay a small tax as well (taxe de sejour).

Permament settlers (in houses or in caravans) pay local taxes as well.

Taxes, I tell you.
Ah...follow the money...

So the glamper people got jealous of all the dosh that Steffers is so 'effortlessly' pulling in whilst all their hard work in an attempt at hospitality has flopped. So they decided that Steffers has to be punished and relieved of some of her profits?

Or they dobbed Selmar in for not paying his residence tax or whatever it's called?

Silly move. Very Silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Guess who got bespoke toile, and guess who never congratulated her...
I wonder if the Charlataine is green with envy, even if yellow is her favourite colour.
Just watching the new series in the background whilst working. It's same old, same old and doesn't feel the same without Dick narrating.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Philip Fleuries ends with "what next" at the end of the vlog. Might I suggest a handle for the inside of his study before he gets locked in.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry to derail but :D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Same here after vlog and each time I come back from my MILs house that we're clearing out (53 years of clutter, never sorted things out).

📚💺🥄🍴🍽📰🧥👚👕👖👔👗🧦🥿🥾👟👞👢👡👠🥼👘👙🧤🧣🎩🧢👒🎓👑👝👛👜💼🎒👓🕶🥽🌂🎼⌚🧭🕰⏱⚱🏺💊🧹🧺🧵🧶✉🗃🗄🖊🖌🖍✏

HELP !
I feel your pain. Same with my MiL’s house. Aside from the ornaments, furniture etc, the bars of soap, shampoo, had to be seen to be believed. Oh and the tins of stuff, packets of biscuits, gravy granules, satchets of soup. All of out date of course by like 5-10 years. Unbelievable.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.