The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Clara Burnett but SJ was at the "glamping" launch, presumably to drive interest. Why would the woman make complaints? Unless SJ asked her?
the plot thickens…Selmar was also in attendance-maybe when he was there he told the glamming folks of the plan to create the concrete pad for his camper and that tipped/pissed the glamming folks off?

Reactions: 12
What a nest of snakes is a French expression to say that everybody makes fuss and conflicts with everybody and about everything and that you can not trust anybody around you.

That's the exact feeling I get from all this.
Nid de vipères would translate approximately as "crabs in a bucket" or also "back-stabbers"

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When all of you guys find out that I was right and those two ARE doing the boombadee....I would like a homemade blackberry pie sent to me weekly for one year. Or wait a minute....mix it up....a different pie each week for one year....but no peach. I AM a peach, but I hate peach pie. Time will tell....or Clara's informant.😉
boombadee?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They invited SJ for exactly the reason you suggest, to drive interest. However, it hasn't worked out for them that way: no glampers or campers found their way to their site. It was a lot of work getting the right permits to open their place and apparently they don't feel it's fair that SJ can do the same without having to deal with bureaucracy or costs. I don't blame them, rules and laws are the same for everyone, right?
I wonder if there is a difference between renting out land commercially to c-/glampers and the Lovemobile, as Selmar is there to work, not to holiday (officially, anyway). I doubt any income shows up in the books for land rental.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry to derail but :D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Oh my gosh!!!! That is me!!!! I never laughed SO hard and I choked on my coffee!
I'm impressed with the last vlog. When they started clearing out, I thought oh boy, this is going to take at least 4 vlogs and won't be finished.

The wool she could have easily sent it to her patreons who are into that. A little gesture from SJ, but than it would cost SJ money to sent it, which she doesn't have...

I'm looking forward for Annmarie's parents visit. As SJ stated in her earlier vlog, IJ sister is equally terrifying
I thought his mom had been there before? She was chubby and really nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder if there is a difference between renting out land commercially to c-/glampers and the Lovemobile, as Selmar is there to work, not to holiday (officially, anyway). I doubt any income shows up in the books for land rental.
To answer my own question 😋, have looked briefly on

⛺🚐🎪A permit is required if a site can host more than 20 people or more than 6 glamping units.

D'après l'Article *R421-19, la délivrance d'un permis d'aménager est obligatoire pour la création ou l'agrandissement d'un terrain de camping permettant l'accueil de plus de 20 personnes ou de plus de 6 hébergements de loisirs constitués de tentes, de caravanes, de résidences mobiles de loisirs ou d'habitations légères de loisirs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
the plot thickens…Selmar was also in attendance-maybe when he was there he told the glamming folks of the plan to create the concrete pad for his camper and that tipped/pissed the glamming folks off?
I think they're upset because nobody wants to pay big fees to sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere with no games, swimming pool, AC etc. They can complain all they want but their big dream business plan (if they had one) was flawed from the beginning.

Reactions: 30
I think they're upset because nobody wants to pay big fees to sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere with no games, swimming pool, AC etc. They can complain all they want but their big dream business plan (if they had one) was flawed from the beginning.
absolutely agree (I was brought up camping and what those glampming folks proposed looked no different from what we did 30 years ago and I saw no glamour infused in any of it)

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Exactly, our knowledgable tattlers gave Dan and SJ idea's instead of wasting

Btw her fathers chair. For god sake woman just throw it out! You already have your dads paintings, tit loads of furniture you bought with him, and even more memories. Do you really need a ugly 80's office chair which falls apart?
If that ratty chair meant anything to SJ then why did she leave it out there to rot in the first place???? That lazy pig didn't even remember or know it was out there. 😡 Give us a break! I wish she would dump BJJ out there and forget about HIM.!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I don't watch the gift grabs but was that flannel a gifted one? She really made a point to show it. It looked like it was straight out of the package, all creased. That was a weird *scene* to film. SJ really wanted everyone to know that Marie is leaving.

Those bags of wool looked like they were rat/mice homes. I wouldn't want to touch those bags. Dust and droppings were flying off of them. :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 25
They invited SJ for exactly the reason you suggest, to drive interest. However, it hasn't worked out for them that way: no glampers or campers found their way to their site. It was a lot of work getting the right permits to open their place and apparently they don't feel it's fair that SJ can do the same without having to deal with bureaucracy or costs. I don't blame them, rules and laws are the same for everyone, right?
If they had to obtain permits then they should know that any complaint they have would be without merit.
It's a parking pad for a camper van down by the river. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am with you - that was beyond belief - keeping the camera on a sad ass chair with dreams of what - Toile? If her father was alive he would have ditched it. There is NOTHING in that piece of rust regarding memories - as you have rightfully suggested many more - who needs that rotting hulk - till she gets round to it.If ever. Then...where does it go in the 'tastefully' restored shitoo? I listened to that part and went - Christies Tastymaker? LOL
It will go into another barn or attic full of crap and she will forget about it AGAIN!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If I recall, it was not more than a field 🖼with a small wooden booze🍺🍺🍺 bar? Big ideas, and a super-wonky business plan.❌
Not forgetting that summer has been quite rainy 🌦in Europe this year.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if Amaury is going to bring his dogs with him. He was very proud pointing them out I thought. If he is staying for any length of time, he wouldn't want to leave them behind.
Good one. I knew when Markle's dogs had been airlifted from Frogmore to Canada the Sssxes were never coming back.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
@ Lolander The Fleuries' latest patreon vlog, if you're interested:
This is what I don't understand, they are doing exactly the same thing as MPK & SJ but some people have no problem with it but SJ & MPK are criticised for it. They (chateau owners) don't really like AD sponsorship because they want to beg for money, they don't like unboxing products to adverstise for companies but don't mind receiving expensive gifts from viewers. All the successful youtubers (who don't use patrons) have earned most of their money from AD sponsorships. They have bought & built their businesses & houses with no assistance from patrons, go fund me or buy a coffee. They don't need to make videos explaining how they would spend their money. This is the problem, SJ has been a bad influence on the chateau owners, her employees & some of her volunteers they all want to be like her earning 20,000 from patreon per month. SJ started her patreon early last year since then all the other chateau owners have done the same (advised by SJ). Most people don't like YTubers & influencers but they don't beg for money like SJ & her g a ng, they only beg for followers, likes & subscribers & use the numbers to advertise themselves to companies for business purposes.
Yes, you're right. Except The Fleuries are open and honest about it. And funnel the patreon dosh through their 0% tax charity, which SSB hasn't done for a long time and is basically lying to her patrons. They all have taken more they can chew and are struggling to make ends meet. The Fleuries need 7000€/month just to keep the house up and running and their bank at bay. It is a lot. B&B produces only half of the needed money. As time have passed, the paddling underneath the water has become more and more self-evident. Even The Fleuries don’t look like a swan anymore.

As said here so many times, buying a dilapidated chateau will ruin anybody's finances. Anna probably earned that 7000€ alone in Paris and they had money to climb the property ladder, renovate and save but now when there's no income streams coming outside the house they're tight.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh my gosh!!!! That is me!!!! I never laughed SO hard and I choked on my coffee!
I thought his mom had been there before? She was chubby and really nice.
When Stephanie did a quick visit to Framlingham in Suffolk last year, she went for afternoon tea at Amaury's mum's place. She seemed very nice, and was much younger than IJ.

Reactions: 12
To answer my own question 😋, have looked briefly on

⛺🚐🎪A permit is required if a site can host more than 20 people or more than 6 glamping units.

D'après l'Article *R421-19, la délivrance d'un permis d'aménager est obligatoire pour la création ou l'agrandissement d'un terrain de camping permettant l'accueil de plus de 20 personnes ou de plus de 6 hébergements de loisirs constitués de tentes, de caravanes, de résidences mobiles de loisirs ou d'habitations légères de loisirs.
often local ordinances do not allow for a camper as a “permanent dwelling” (unless the area is permitted for such—like here in the states we have trailer parks)

did you have any luck looking at local ordinances? I don’t know French so I’d be of no help in researching

Reactions: 9
Highlights from yesterday's CD flog.
Gerry was busy working. Donna Davis as been appointed the new Jill Scott??? Natasha is Nutti in the chats. Jimmy is all about Nutti and AM as a couple. Barbara asked about the chapel but no reply.

Gerald Grady Hello lovely Lalanders, I’m out in my Cab, please forgive if I don’t reply

Brenda M @Donna Davis Art will give Jill Scott a call today
Isabelle Jarvis Donna Davis Art hello
Donna Davis Art Lovely again thank you so @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen @isabelle Jarvis @Percy Attfield @escape to rural France @Gerald Grady

Natasha @Donna Davis Art I said hello to you earlier but you know it’s all love between and amongst us
Donna Davis Art @Natasha OH good, it was all whizzing by so fast I said hello to @Chrissy as well but not sure she saw it so you pass it on for me
Natasha @Donna Davis Art I’ll definitely tell her

Jimmy Connolly Nati and Amaury

Barbara Harrison @chateaudelalande. What is happening about the chapel? Did the renovations start?

SJ was busy with answers in the chat. Isabelle gave a shout out to The Chateau Diaries not SJ???

The Chateau Diaries We're having a proper Chateau Diaries vlog tonight as this week's 'Sunday Video' will be shown later this week, so that it launches at the same time as Christie's photos of my vignettes!

Sarah Lou Selma has just been pushed out. sad.
The Chateau Diaries @Sarah Lou Selmar wanted a workshop near his camper and closer to nature, so he's taken the old wood hanger by the woods

Isabelle Jarvis Wonderful the chateau diaries

Jimmy Connolly Jesus! Don’t give them eggs! They are eating themselves
The Chateau Diaries Scrambled eggs are good for newborn chicks

CA Garden Did they save the rattan sofa? I missed that part.
The Chateau Diaries @CA Garden I kept the rattan sofa in case we ever have a pool house! Major forward planning!

MP (Potty?) is donating again during the chat. Funny, Gerry has been around since SJ was born??? That's not the same story SJ and Mini Apron have been telling.

M P
$15.00

Steph... LOVE all your little Digger Digs towards Dan. LOLOL

MP

M P
$15.00
So cool this channel is a "Family Business". Nice to see Mummy, Percy and Gerry being so supportive and attending most live chats with us.

The Chateau Diaries @M P Yes, I love that too - it makes me feel much closer to Mummy, Gerald and Percy
Gerald Grady Always had Stephanies back, since the day she was born MP
Well that is because " chateau diaries" is really Sir Master in Charge BJJ answering who thinks he is Lord of the Flies now....the talking head who knows NOTHING!!!! ( OR maybe knows everything???? All the secrets😲😲 of the Jarvis family.....🤔🤔🤔)

@Bored Mermaid CC You were spot on in the previous thread. Remember the newest glamping site close to SJ's HMN that she showed in her flogs when it was first opened in Spring? They also provide parking for camper vans like Selmar's. I reported earlier that their season so far has been a huge disaster with no income whatsoever. My ears have recently made me aware that the owners of this site have officially launched a complaint with the mayor of Crozon sur Vauvre against SJ for offering a permanent parking spot for Selmar's van without having the proper permissions or paperwork. I doubt the mayor will take serious action against SJ because of the interests they share, but as the complaint was made in writing it can not be completely ignored. My guess is that a sudden exemption from usual rules will magically appear to nip this thing in the bud, but it certainly clarifies the dependent position in which Selmar finds himself. This kind of bad blood will not please the locals either...
Nope. I think this is what SJ will use to get Selmar outta there for good. Then she wont look like the bad guy to her cult following by moving him along and outta her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I thought that's what she was already doing, no jobs for Silly? He hasn't been seen working on anything really for months now.
I don't even remember Nichola Jane WhatsHerName so she must be a forgettable character.
I think I remember SSB saying that Nicola came up with the Chateau Unwrapped title (could be wrong here).

Reactions: 5
I am with you - that was beyond belief - keeping the camera on a sad ass chair with dreams of what - Toile? If her father was alive he would have ditched it. There is NOTHING in that piece of rust regarding memories - as you have rightfully suggested many more - who needs that rotting hulk - till she gets round to it.If ever. Then...where does it go in the 'tastefully' restored shitoo? I listened to that part and went - Christies Tastymaker? LOL
The narc with whom I am familiar can't get rid of anything either. He's a talented art historian and sleeps in the bedroom wallpapered by the previous tenant 50 years ago, in sad, wounded bird, Hispanic widow taste.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.