The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We can see we're close to the end of the month by every vlogger advertising their patreons and begging people to subscribe to their channels.
The Fleuries' latest patreon vlog, if you're interested:
I'm wondering why none of these chateau owners have thought of selling some of their rooms? Hotels do it and it can be a great way to gather funds to finish up the rooms.

Reactions: 11
"Join us next year, for phase 2"
Brilliant sass Natti... Spoken like someone who is truly tired of half-a*s jobs lol
I LOL when they said that thank goodness they come into their senses like that sofa she reupholster and the bathhroom they did. It took like AGES for it to be finish!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
This is what I don't understand, they are doing exactly the same thing as MPK & SJ but some people have no problem with it but SJ & MPK are criticised for it.
Excellent point. I think a lot of us here are so outraged and appalled by SJ's shenanigans, we tend to not see those qualities when they are better hidden, like with the Fleuries or Dan. The amount of money they beg for pales in comparison to SJ though, who begged at exactly the right time to wheel in the jackpot and has since perfected the game so she keeps growing, not so much in audience but in patreon capitol. At first I could not get my head around why she's sharing her secrets with her competitors, but I guess she figures it's a less punishable crime when they all do it? She remains the biggest swindler of them all though, no matter how you look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Did they actually bin the old wool? It would have been an excellent addition to the compost bins, around the base of fruit trees as mulch or buried in the garden beds.
A tip for any vegetable growers out there. Sheep's fleece or separated fluffed out wool is great for deterring slugs and snails. Put small amounts round the base of vulnerable plants like climbing beans, sunflowers. Slugs and snails can't bear dry, scratchy material on their bellies and avoid it like the plague. It rots down into the soil too. I have used it for years. I never get slug damage.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm just curious. Do you have to be a "VIP" member in order for new Tattle Life suggestions to be considered?
We adopted the tradition of asking the latest VIP to name the next thread. They can come up with their own idea or choose from other Tattler's suggestions. If there is no new VIP, we can all vote on the titles suggested, using the title with the highest number of votes. We seem to have had so many Tattlers passing the VIP finishing line recently that it it's been a while since we needed to vote.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm impressed with the last vlog. When they started clearing out, I thought oh boy, this is going to take at least 4 vlogs and won't be finished.

The wool she could have easily sent it to her patreons who are into that. A little gesture from SJ, but than it would cost SJ money to sent it, which she doesn't have...

I'm looking forward for Annmarie's parents visit. As SJ stated in her earlier vlog, IJ sister is equally terrifying

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm wondering why none of these chateau owners have thought of selling some of their rooms? Hotels do it and it can be a great way to gather funds to finish up the rooms.
I wonder how they got loans in the first place. Running a BnB while renovating seems like a losing battle. With all of the reviews just a click away, your business is killed with a couple of well written negative reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 782673

Julie Montaghe seen here celebrating Spring

Julie Montaghe is also the most highly concentrated irritating American I have ever had the unpleasant misfortune of encountering. She's like a hyper golden retriever, mouth is constantly rambling without saying much, or stating the very obvious, it just never stops. I don't know how she can be a Yoga instructor, even when she stands still she vibrates ........ she seems a little nuts, well intentioned but nuttier than a cashew tree.

Her vlogs have some potential if she'd allow people to talk and take a back set, maybe insert some music, anything ....... Her channel needs to come with earplugs .....
I agree - her vlog of the place she bought in Tuscany was an hallucination - ROTFL I don't know how she can be a Yoga instructor, even when she stands still she vibrates - it must be one hell of a session to attend! Evening all!

Reactions: 13
I usually don't watch fleuries, but I just watched the vlog posted here.

Accepting sponsorship: they were offered a game sponsporship and Philip made a face.... well take that MP, you did a sponsored video for a game which was far below Philips standard🤣.

Why don't they do an event for the winter? They have good heating (SJ, made a remark that it was so nice and warm) and they could organize workshops, or help plan someone to propose to his/her partner, a small gathering for anniversaries, rent their rooms for 1m+ during the winter for an affordable price or make more vlogs? They seem to get quite a bit from youtube every month. Instead let's try to get more patreons.

I have no problen with patreon but I absolutely hate people think in limitations instead of opportunities.
You might have to give up a bit of your privacy and slow down on the renovations because of it. Perhaps feeling uncomfortable doing sales calls but hey you are comfortable begging sales calls shouldn't be that hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Excellent point. I think a lot of us here are so outraged and appalled by SJ's shenanigans, we tend to not see those qualities when they are better hidden, like with the Fleuries or Dan. The amount of money they beg for pales in comparison to SJ though, who begged at exactly the right time to wheel in the jackpot and has since perfected the game so she keeps growing, not so much in audience but in patreon capitol. At first I could not get my head around why she's sharing her secrets with her competitors, but I guess she figures it's a less punishable crime when they all do it? She remains the biggest swindler of them all though, no matter how you look at it.
Steph has created à sort of "Academy" where they all learn from her advices and tips.

Some of them are more talented than others to play with their audience...

I wonder if it's a fee paying school ? 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
@Luna20 I don't think the wool could have been sent due to its smell. It seemed pretty "pongie" from Cat and Anne Marie's comments. Postal services would have picked up a smelly cross country or continent parcel......surely?

Is IJ's sister a terror? In a past vlog she spoke kindly of her re the gifts given and her entertainment skills (compared to IJ's dislike of cooking). I mean I know she joked with Anne Marie about their mothers, I guess we will have to see.

Reactions: 13
@Luna20 I don't think the wool could have been sent due to its smell. It seemed pretty "pongie" from Cat and Anne Marie's comments. Postal services would have picked up a smelly cross country or continent parcel......surely?

Is IJ's sister a terror? In a past vlog she spoke kindly of her re the gifts given and her entertainment skills (compared to IJ's dislike of cooking). I mean I know she joked with Anne Marie about their mothers, I guess we will have to see.
That wool was probably as old as the sheep running arround. The dust on it couldn't be from a year.
As for the smell, pack it in a plastic vacuum bag and ship it. I don't think it would be a problem within the EU.

When Annmarie and SJ were on the digger, she mentioned Annmarie's mother was equally terrifying. SJ said it in jest, I totally believe it. 😁

Reactions: 11

It did prove there wasn’t a competent gardener amongst them, as it should have all gone into the compost heap.

Reactions: 16
It did prove there wasn’t a competent gardener amongst them, as it should have all gone into the compost heap.
Exactly, our knowledgable tattlers gave Dan and SJ idea's instead of wasting

Btw her fathers chair. For god sake woman just throw it out! You already have your dads paintings, tit loads of furniture you bought with him, and even more memories. Do you really need a ugly 80's office chair which falls apart?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The wool she could have easily sent it to her patreons who are into that. A little gesture from SJ, but than it would cost SJ money to sent it, which she doesn't have...
And the Patreons would send the wool back on the double, in form of knitted socks and scarfs. No matter the smell..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The wool she could have easily sent it to her patreons who are into that. A little gesture from SJ, but than it would cost SJ money to sent it, which she doesn't have
Someone would have had to wash it first! It's not LL practice to wash wool after the shearing!

I'm looking forward for Annmarie's parents visit. As SJ stated in her earlier vlog, IJ sister is equally terrifying
She has been on the vlogs several times. She's quite a bit younger than IJ and from their appearances on the vlogs, both she and her husband seem much more pleasant and quite different from IJ. That's probably why Amaury is pleasant and unlike his manic cousin!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@ Lolander The Fleuries' latest patreon vlog, if you're interested:
This is what I don't understand, they are doing exactly the same thing as MPK & SJ but some people have no problem with it but SJ & MPK are criticised for it. They (chateau owners) don't really like AD sponsorship because they want to beg for money, they don't like unboxing products to adverstise for companies but don't mind receiving expensive gifts from viewers. All the successful youtubers (who don't use patrons) have earned most of their money from AD sponsorships. They have bought & built their businesses & houses with no assistance from patrons, go fund me or buy a coffee. They don't need to make videos explaining how they would spend their money. This is the problem, SJ has been a bad influence on the chateau owners, her employees & some of her volunteers they all want to be like her earning 20,000 from patreon per month. SJ started her patreon early last year since then all the other chateau owners have done the same (advised by SJ). Most people don't like YTubers & influencers but they don't beg for money like SJ & her g a ng, they only beg for followers, likes & subscribers & use the numbers to advertise themselves to companies for business purposes.
I wouldn’t even mind the begging as much if the Patreon and “fund me” money went to renovating a structure of historical value or significance. But what’s historically significant about MPK’s gardeners cottage? Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s historically significant. And I believe SJ inflates the significance of La La Land.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
And the Patreons would send the wool back on the double, in form of knitted socks and scarfs. No matter the smell..
They'd need it, winter is coming and the place without a fire going is 10 degrees 😀

Someone would have had to wash it first! It's not LL practice to wash wool after the shearing!
You are right! It involves cleaning and work, LL is allergic for both practices.

I'm tattling for the sake of putting off work duties. Laziness must be contagious

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.