The Chateau Diaries #69 Thomas, Marie Selmar ... Snorty are you next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's also the Brenda Gibbons of UK but with slightly better connections and behind this:
Grand Historic Tours – Exclusive and unforgettable journeys to the historic and stately homes of Great Britain
This is off topic but if anyone enjoys podcasts The History Chicks did a two part deep dive into Lady Mary Wortley Montagu who is part of the Earl of Sandwich line. She is credited with bringing the smallpox vaccine to England (even though Doctor Edward Jenner gets most of the credit). She led a crazy life. It was a fascinating listen!

Reactions: 8
Talking about all the seeds that were gifted and some planted and never heard about again, whatever happened to Jenny Peahen? I remember her telling them in the chats to check on the seedlings she had left in a specific window.

Reactions: 12
Do you think Selmar's passivity is the result of mistreatment?
Did he go on strike after all the bullying? Was she already torturing him before he stopped working?
You have a really good point- it would make sense.

Reactions: 10
Dan the man looks like he has a man bun himself in the thumbnail? unless I need a new pair of glasses. All he needs now is the manbag and he'll be tres cool.

Reactions: 7
I love those timber barns. As one famous quote in The Mummy film said, ' you can shave me, wax me and use me for a surfboard if you would give me them *sigh* '

We're saving you from yourself. Standards man, standards!

Reactions: 21
I love those timber barns. As one famous quote in The Mummy film said, ' you can shave me, wax me and use me for a surfboard if you would give me them *sigh* '
Yes, I loved it when they were touring those ancient barns... the timbers alone are history!
I really hope they get to them soon, some of the rooms were in dire need of restoration.

But, he has been moving it to different locations on the weekend, so wouldn't that technically restart the day count every time he returned back to the Shitoo?

Reactions: 5
Is it just me or does he look like a Disney hero. Can't think which one though...
We need to ask SJ, she's into fantasyland things, not forgetting Disneyland Paris of course.

But, he has been moving it to different locations on the weekend, so wouldn't that technically restart the day count every time he returned back to the Shitoo?
Nope, because Lalande is considered as his base, where he stays most of the time and works.

Reactions: 5
I have business over there at some point (petrol situation allowing) I think Nicki can kiss her business goodbye with some farewell florals.

I shall be awaiting a fight at Dawn...

Ms Putzfrau knows what she's talking about: tips & tricks!
She just showed us the 15- year old tidiness heaped up in the outside building.
View attachment 783761
She must be on the Hinch Thread and then ignores all the advice

Steph has created à sort of "Academy" where they all learn from her advices and tips.

Some of them are more talented than others to play with their audience...

I wonder if it's a fee paying school ?
Many threads ago, we dubbed Lalande as the "School of Grifting and Scroungery!"

Reactions: 25
Not quite clear on how the expat workers forced Selmar out of work. I've never seen the Ians do any kind of furniture repair -- well on bathrooms, OK. Are we thinking they screwed him out of the proposed china room et al? Or are we thinking they've blackballed him on work he was supposed to be pursuing outside the chateau? Didn't he have to have three other employers to get his worker papers?

Reactions: 11
And somewhere on FB, Wendy Grimwood reports that Tatty has a room in the shatoo! Only room in the camper for her trunks? Diesel evicted her? Selmar smokes? hmmmm.

Reactions: 15
Meanwhile, Nutkins has planned to return to the Shitoo with his very own man-bun.
Your browser is not able to display this video.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.