The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg those two Dutch gays bringing a Frank Govers gown...I for sure think the one who presented it has wore it himself...some time ago... at a drag queenparty...lalalande is just like a dechetterie....stuff you want to get rit of...ship it to Lalande for a few minutes of fame...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Omg those two Dutch gays bringing a Frank Govers gown...I for sure think the one who presented it has wore it himself...some time ago... at a drag queenparty...
I was waiting …. For you to say that
It smacked of a burluesky evening out

Poor SSB - always the bridesmaids

Never the first in the gown 😈
That’s 2-2

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry but there's no way that apartment is 'English country house tat style'. It's was too blingy, shiny, new, hideous. It looks like an American's take on what they think is English country house style, which usually encompasses beautiful antique furniture and artwork, period decorative details, a timeless look, understated colour schemes, subtle lighting, CLASS. For a good example of what I mean, look up the interiors by a classic English interior design company called Colefax & Fowler. You might not like it as much but they are far more English country house (which by the way can also work very well in an English town house).
Yes, thank you. I think Americans made a version of it -- the chintz sofas signifying dog-friendliness, and inverse snobbery -- famous.

Reactions: 8
Wow…..just spent an hour catching up ☺….. very interesting how everyone came to find the vlogs….I was looking for videos about quarantine at the beginning of the lockdown last spring and her quarantine diaries came up and I started watching them. Then was caught up with previous year advent videos and the innuendo was quite funny at the time. Soon after reality struck me when things derailed. Now must look at the new vlog to see what this orange yellow crazy creation is! And still haven’t checked the bird out on the gift video… still confused by the stuffed mouse on Selmar’s lap 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From the picture (have not yet seen the vlog) I don't think he is waving from the window because he is isolating. I just think he does not like her. The message appears to be: "I'm in and you are out."
The vlog was filmed last week on the day Marie left Lalande, so he wasn't "ISOLATING" then.
Again, BJJ's idea of isolation is a new level of stupid. Literally sitting three feet away across from the others at yesterday's gift grab, passing around the camera, boxes, and gifts, and sharing food is HARDLY isolating.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Collage is actually quite an important (modern and post-modern) artistic genre, of which an African American, Romare Bearden, was the master. Cutting up advertising and media images, or found objects (per poor little rich girl Gloria Vanderbilt), to refashion them into the artists' own vision is an iconclastic practice in itself, super powerful/revolutionary. Not to derail.
Not to derail but in Gloria's own words, she took LSD as part of her therapy, all this art has to be put i to context of the period when it was made and lives of those who made it ... as they say she was poor little rich girl who wanted to be burried in yellow fortuny dress .... who does it remind me of?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Funny how she lo~~~~oves Marie, but only dedicates a few 5 minutes for her to leave. With fake hugs and fake tears... :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She has a new YouTube channel about renovating a house in Italy. I tried to watch it, but she is just so obnoxious, so I stopped. I dream of owning a home in Italy one day, absolutely love it there. HGTV did a series with Lorraine Bracco on renovating a $1.00 house. I had to mute it, she is beyond annoying. Anymore my favorite things to watch are the explore.org channels, animals are so much more interesting than people! Especially enjoying the Katmai National Park cams with all the brown bears feasting on salmon. Again, just my humble opinion.

Yes, as they do all over the world.
Ive noticed her new channel but well I cannot watch everything, I am already over the limit with fanny's plot

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes, thank you. I think Americans made a version of it -- the chintz sofas signifying dog-friendliness, and inverse snobbery -- famous.
Very interesting article which exactly explains English Country House design! Incidentally, I have stayed at Emma Burns' country house which is mentioned, and it is to die for - absolutely exquisite! Stefanny could learn a thing or two from it....

Reactions: 10
In tonight CD video there was a man i never saw and he was not introduced.. Is he the famous cousin coming for pannelling?? He is visible at the very last minute of the video, not tall and with a blue tshirt..

Reactions: 10
In tonight CD video there was a man i never saw and he was not introduced.. Is he the famous cousin coming for pannelling?? He is visible at the very last minute of the video, not tall and with a blue tshirt..
No, he's a volunteer who fixed one of the doorways at Lalande. He was introduced last week when Steve and Sara revealed their chateau.

Reactions: 9
I tried to watch the Earl of Sandwich's wife ( as I liked her on Ladies of London).... But on her own she is a hyper, nervous Nellie. She DOES give Americans a bad rap if everyone thinks we are ALL that high strung and erratic.

But this was the first time ( on Tattle) that I heard of her husband having had a prescription drug addiction in the past. So I DO give her marks for her hard work on the estate and helping her husband.

Is her Italy place a little gal pad???? Or a rental?

Reactions: 17
Since we are talking languages... I speak a language which no longer exists, serbocroatian. After the war Croatia made an effort to erase the Serbian part from everyday language. There was even a daily short show on TV called "Croatia learns Croatian". By then I was living already in Germany so my parents and I never learned it so technically I still speak and understand serbocroatian only. ☺ Unfortunately they were many Frenh words in the language, especially in administration. So ridiculous things happened like you are not supposed to say "avion" anymore but "airship" instead because this was considered to be "Serbian".
They rather invented new words when they couldn't find a original historic croatian expression for a Serbian considered word. (things like telephone, équipe, porte-monnaie, avenue, promenade, etc)
There was a huge French influence on the Balkan, starting with Charles Lemagne, then when the benedictine munks came and built all the monestaries. Crusaders, too. Even the French masonry became popular. It was chiq to speak French and rich people sent their heirs to the Sorbonne. Especially since there was always a connection to Russia and there was French spoken, too. During Austria-Hungarian times royalty spoke French.... And of course the idea of liberte, égalité et fraternité... If political refugees were looking for an exile they chose France, and a singer had made it if he had shows in France.
Also they became quite obsesssed with french literature, also food, chansons.
Napoléon was there, too, and brought a lot of administrative ideas and of course vocabulary.
On the other hand there was a time when it was popular for the French to travel the balkan since it was considered foreign, exotic and a bit of dangerous but not too much like the more Eastern countries but still somewhat civil.
To me when I hear French it has the same lovely melody like Croatian. I used to think French sounds like Croatian as a child and believed "voilà" means "hvala" (thank you) 😂
And you know those award winning French movies but you think they are just weird and depressing? Croatian movies are the same🎥😂😂

So a couple of weeks ago I bought a new remote control and for some reason there was no instruction in German, English, French or Italian. I had difficulty to understand the Croatian version so read the Serbian instead😎 I feel like a 100 year old when I don't know the new vocabulaire which came up with the pandemic even though by now I learned at least all the words regarding youtube, internet, Smartphone, computing. (words like subscribe, like, comment, chanel, download, update etc) It feels so weird to see Croatian youtubers talking about a drugstore "haul"...
WTF ???🤔 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Nope not the cousin.
When IS the cousin coming?
If he comes in September, the rest of the nuts will be on their never ending vacation.

Reactions: 14
we are used she only likes to introduce the hysterical ones...not the real workforce..

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.