The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a vlog where some of her friends mentioned her being "royalty"; aristocratic families are not royal but she did not bother to correct them!
I think she doesnt know the difference, she lives in jogaland

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Not to derail. It's actually, $1.125M. Beekman Place is not as prestigious as it used to be. Also, the interior of the apartment is dated and looks like it needs extensive reno work. There is a unit for sale in the same building with the exact same floor plan and size for $1.9M--but gutted and updated, recently. Here in Manhattan, properties that are closer to the two rivers are a lot cheaper. In most cases, the closer you are to the center, the pricier.
That's interesting thanks. I've no knowledge of Manhattan real estate.

Reactions: 13
But she is milking it and writing how she was able to find herself and she worked there ... found most amazing people ... (as if she worked there for months not 3 days
To me it is what happens when you have tiny appartment in manhattan and you try to squeeze too much tat from travel in there so the rest of housewives can be jealous of your life
And noone will tell tou anything bc you are heiress and it is given that you have (questionable but surely expensive) taste
Her much bigger fancier apartments in the 70s looked the same but more so. She was a collageur. Piling stuff on top of stuff was her thing.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I know!!!! The only thing of Davy's junk that I would keep is the 1930's manager with music box.

SJ can wear her new mango outfit to Teabeg and Andrews engagement party!!!!!
Well that so called 1930,s christmasgroup isnt 1930..my mother had the same statues...bought brand new when they were married in 1965...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
That's interesting thanks. I've no knowledge of Manhattan real estate.
You're welcome. You are right though, it is prestigious because of the fact Gloria Vanderbilt lived in it.

Gloria Vanderbilt was Michael Morrison's grandmother's best friend (in his dreams).

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Her much bigger fancier apartments in the 70s looked the same but more so. She was a collageur. Piling stuff on top of stuff was her thing.
Gloria Vanderbilt was definitely one of the last NYC eccentrics! Maybe we should ask Lalander Michael Morrison how she was like! She was his grandma's bestfriend! 😆 ;) :m

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
But she is milking it and writing how she was able to find herself and she worked there ... found most amazing people ... (as if she worked there for months not 3 days
To me it is what happens when you have tiny appartment in manhattan and you try to squeeze too much tat from travel in there so the rest of housewives can be jealous of your life
And noone will tell tou anything bc you are heiress and it is given that you have (questionable but surely expensive) taste
I hate anything cluttered. I have white walls in every room of my house except one. Every item on show has a reason to be on the wall or display table - and there is not a great deal of it. But I cannot help loving Amy Sedaris's Greenwich apartment. I am leaving the link here to the Youtube vid. It is seven minutes long. Would love everyone's opinion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
For those interested in how the very crowded English country house tat style is done by somebody with good taste, here are interior shots of the late Gloria Vanderbilt's Auntie Mame apartment on Beekman Place.
Please note immaculately clean and in perfect repair everything looks.
Sorry but there's no way that apartment is 'English country house tat style'. It's was too blingy, shiny, new, hideous. It looks like an American's take on what they think is English country house style, which usually encompasses beautiful antique furniture and artwork, period decorative details, a timeless look, understated colour schemes, subtle lighting, CLASS. For a good example of what I mean, look up the interiors by a classic English interior design company called Colefax & Fowler. You might not like it as much but they are far more English country house (which by the way can also work very well in an English town house).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You're welcome. You are right though, it is prestigious because of the fact Gloria Vanderbilt lived in it.

Gloria Vanderbilt was Michael Morrison's grandmother's best friend (in his dreams).
Funny how people give value to a place on who lived there...when ists old crap and outdated its what it is...just an old outlived appartment...i know a lot of nobility....mostly very carefull with money..they mostly live in a way we would never want to live...surrounded by old furniture and paintings..the rooms last updated like 100 years ago..its a bit like we used to vistit my fathers aunt...they lived in a huge house..very rich...filled with antigues and a lot of old crap....she served wine in a glass with a big crack in it...the wine came out, and made a mess....my father made a remark....never mind she said...we got those glasses as a present from the queen( Wilhelmina) and its antique... :rolleyes:

On today's vlog, BJJ pays homage to Miss Gloria Vanderbilt! ;) :m ;) :m

View attachment 695121 View attachment 695123
Haha where do you find it...:love: priceless

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Too many drugs, my dear, too many...
Collage is actually quite an important (modern and post-modern) artistic genre, of which an African American, Romare Bearden, was the master. Cutting up advertising and media images, or found objects (per poor little rich girl Gloria Vanderbilt), to refashion them into the artists' own vision is an iconclastic practice in itself, super powerful/revolutionary. Not to derail.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry but there's no way that apartment is 'English country house tat style'. It's was too blingy, shiny, new, hideous. It looks like an American's take on what they think is English country house style, which usually encompasses beautiful antique furniture and artwork, period decorative details, a timeless look, understated colour schemes, subtle lighting, CLASS. For a good example of what I mean, look up the interiors by a classic English interior design company called Colefax & Fowler. You might not like it as much but they are far more English country house (which by the way can also work very well in an English town house).
Seriously? That apartment should be featured on HOARDERS, and so should Lalande.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Carlo's son has a job and is a grownup, not a teenager. Why can't he buy a car for himself? Are he and Carlo double-teaming Nicki? I have seen a father and son do this to more than one friend of mine. It's a thing, and one of those energy transactions that sucks all the air out of the room.
Probably doesn't earn enough so the father is helping him out.Wages in Italy are not high.Many people struggle actually to make ends meet.

Reactions: 9
I think she doesnt know the difference, she lives in jogaland
She has a new YouTube channel about renovating a house in Italy. I tried to watch it, but she is just so obnoxious, so I stopped. I dream of owning a home in Italy one day, absolutely love it there. HGTV did a series with Lorraine Bracco on renovating a $1.00 house. I had to mute it, she is beyond annoying. Anymore my favorite things to watch are the explore.org channels, animals are so much more interesting than people! Especially enjoying the Katmai National Park cams with all the brown bears feasting on salmon. Again, just my humble opinion.

Probably doesn't earn enough so the father is helping him out.Wages in Italy are not high.Many people struggle actually to make ends meet.
Yes, as they do all over the world.

Reactions: 14
A picture tells a thousand words

Snorty waving from the window 🪟

One down 3 to go ……

He’s like the Cathy bates of the shitoooo
From the picture (have not yet seen the vlog) I don't think he is waving from the window because he is isolating. I just think he does not like her. The message appears to be: "I'm in and you are out."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.