The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The American guest said she'll only stay for a few days as a volunteer. Good for her! She seems like a normal human being that hasn't been infected by the Lalande virus!
But she is milking it and writing how she was able to find herself and she worked there ... found most amazing people ... (as if she worked there for months not 3 days
@purejuice 'good taste' ????? :oops:
To me it is what happens when you have tiny appartment in manhattan and you try to squeeze too much tat from travel in there so the rest of housewives can be jealous of your life
And noone will tell tou anything bc you are heiress and it is given that you have (questionable but surely expensive) taste

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I checked for a fun of it, I got the pleasure to read your witty comments since the thread #4, wow looks like ages ago but if someone kept me sane in yhese weird times it was you guys and your funny intelligent observations and comments

My name is Sabdro37 and i am tattle shitoo diary addict :*
Of all the names that are departed n missed happily long term thread survival tattlers @Jeeves thread 🧵 2 @Heathcliff same
is right up their with @Pno
I was lurking 👀 - then bit the bullet 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 19
( There is no such thing as the Duchess of Sandwich. The Viscountess Hinchingbrooke is the courtesy title of the wife of the heir (Viscount Hinchingbrooke) of the Earl of Sandwich. Julie Montagu, that overly peppy and over-acting American vlogger is the current titleholder.)

I was joking!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
How I came to follow Chateau Diaries. I used to watch Dick Strawbridge's programnes on British TV. (I used to know his first family), and was interested.I wanted to see what Angela was like, and was she like Brigit?
I saw he had a new programme with Angela and children. Really enjoyed "Escape to the Chateau". I have lived and worked in some of these old places in the UK and Ireland. I found it fascinating and watched the spin offs. I saw Stephanie, she was with Marie and her mother, struggling through a freezing winter, clutching her hot water bottle and I felt sympathy. Its hard to heat these rambling places. She seemed to have no money, the building was crumbling round her, her mother was a harridan. She was so sweet, I got a girl crush on her. At the start of lockdown I loved the vlogs. They made me feel happy. I noticed snarky remarks in the comments and felt annoyed. As the pandemic set in I felt uneasy about the way the chateau inhabitants and habitues were flouting covid regulations. The gift grab got boring, the people living there were boring, I began to dislike the manic superfans taking over the site. I got savaged by the right wing mafia a few times, and having been on BGs Facebook group for a brief time, charmed by her Irish Mammy persona, found out about Tattle.life. Joined, felt rather horrified by the sometimes nasty comments, left and came back under another name after a month to give it a go again. By this time PJ had arrived and I found him intensely annoying. I started to enjoy Tattle and realised they were not nasty but realistic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
@LonePalm I got that feeling too when Nicki Positano said that she would have to forego a new kitchen to buy 2 new cars. I felt quite sorry for her as I guess that she does most if not all of the youtube work. Carlo does fly the drone but even so........
I don't know that I felt "sorry" for her, it just gave me the cringes. Especially after so many grifters with their, I can't afford to maintain my chateau or please buy me a car so I can have my floristry business. I am NOT against Patreon, I am against GRIFTERS! We all have had to put off things we hoped to do because of an unforeseen emergency.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I started watching youtube at beginning 2020 due to lockdown boredom, separated from squeeze for work and lockdown reasons. Youtube gave recommendations and I ended up subscribing to a mix of 19 channels; chateaux, yachting, music and sci-fi. And realized except for sci-fi and Norah Jones a smiliarity in all, the begging bowl. And then the mix gave a basis for content and personality comparison and a feeling of what-the-hell came over me. So I unsubscribed to nearly all. In one of the youtube vids was a mention of tattle, i know not where, so I came to look. And said "YES, I am not alone!!!". But, one of these fine days I will land a good project and be on the road again...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't know that I felt "sorry" for her, it just gave me the cringes. Especially after so many grifters with their, I can't afford to maintain my chateau or please buy me a car so I can have my floristry business. I am NOT against Patreon, I am against GRIFTERS! We all have had to put off things we hoped to do because of an unforeseen emergency.
Carlo's son has a job and is a grownup, not a teenager. Why can't he buy a car for himself? Are he and Carlo double-teaming Nicki? I have seen a father and son do this to more than one friend of mine. It's a thing, and one of those energy transactions that sucks all the air out of the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I may get roasted for this comment, but it has been bothering me for a bit. In the previous thread it was asked "when did you start watching CD" or something to that effect. I found it through ETTC DIY, but a previous post said they found it through Positano Diaries. If she "admires" the GRIFTER QUEEN, what does that say about Nicki? When Nicki and Carlo sat and talked about how they needed to buy a new car and one for his son, I felt like it was a Marie moment. It didn't seem to gain any traction, so maybe I was wrong, if so great. But since that time I have noticed a change in her vlogs, the opening is different and it sounds rushed. I know children are off limits, however she puts her daughter out there and I find her extremely annoying. I have really enjoyed her vlog in the past and occasionally watch it now. It is just something that turned me off. Thanks for letting me rant.
I feel the same, especially after the "don't break my ball" comment from Carlo. I thought that was pretty arrogant, considering Youtube viewers and Patreon seem to be Nicki's only source of income during the pandemic.

I also find the Fleuries, especially the husband, to be a little too aggressive when it comes to pushing Patreon. His whole demeanour changes when he is begging for equipment upgrades or, now, to renovate the outbuildings. Say what you want about SJ but her flogging of the Patreon horse shows her mastery of manipulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you @Ginginger, utterly fascinating. I just assumed all Canadians spoke Acadian French, how ignorant am I.
Can you tell what French American Cajuns from south Louisiana speak?
Isn't it fascinating how powerful and infinitely adaptable "one" language is? The French Academy must be soiling their pantalons.
I love Cajun music, (and food), not least because my Older Brother, who was into blues, country & rock n roll, discovered it. I love the traditional 'Joli Blon' waltz, but this is the version I grew up with. It's still a total mystery to me what the hell it all means, the Cajun version is even worse to fathom :

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel the same, especially after the "don't break my ball" comment from Carlo. I thought that was pretty arrogant, considering Youtube viewers and Patreon seem to be Nicki's only source of income during the pandemic.

I also find the Fleuries, especially the husband, to be a little too aggressive when it comes to pushing Patreon. His whole demeanour changes when he is begging for equipment upgrades or, now, to renovate the outbuildings. Say what you want about SJ but her flogging of the Patreon horse shows her mastery of manipulation.
Yeah, I got wary of Philipp a ways back. He's now asking for something like €2K for a new lens, as the old one got dust and dirt in it from reno. As I believe I have suggested here before a lens cap costs €5.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
For those interested in how the very crowded English country house tat style is done by somebody with good taste, here are interior shots of the late Gloria Vanderbilt's Auntie Mame apartment on Beekman Place.
Please note immaculately clean and in perfect repair everything looks.
well let me say one thing....knowing royalty and nobility.....i think it took Anderson Cooper two years to make the place presentable...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A picture tells a thousand words

Snorty waving from the window 🪟

One down 3 to go ……

He’s like the Cathy bates of the shitoooo

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I love Cajun music, (and food), not least because my Older Brother, who was into blues, country & rock n roll, discovered it. I love the traditional 'Joli Blon' waltz, but this is the version I grew up with. It's still a total mystery to me what the hell it all means, the Cajun version is even worse to fathom :

Ah, I love the Cajun/Zydeco music ever since watching "The BIg Easy" years ago. Jolie Blon was the closing number in that movie. I have danced to it many times since :D Recently, I started adding the lyrics and translations to my music files, but it is a rather large collection and Zydeco is at the end of the genre list. Zachary Richard sings with a beauty, rhythm and lyric which moves me. I studied classical guitar when younger but had to give up due to a hand injury. You realise by now I love music.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I started watching youtube at beginning 2020 due to lockdown boredom, separated from squeeze for work and lockdown reasons. Youtube gave recommendations and I ended up subscribing to a mix of 19 channels; chateaux, yachting, music and sci-fi. And realized except for sci-fi and Norah Jones a smiliarity in all, the begging bowl. And then the mix gave a basis for content and personality comparison and a feeling of what-the-hell came over me. So I unsubscribed to nearly all. In one of the youtube vids was a mention of tattle, i know not where, so I came to look. And said "YES, I am not alone!!!". But, one of these fine days I will land a good project and be on the road again...
Take us with you...:cry:

For those interested in how the very crowded English country house tat style is done by somebody with good taste, here are interior shots of the late Gloria Vanderbilt's Auntie Mame apartment on Beekman Place.
Please note immaculately clean and in perfect repair everything looks.
I'm very surprised Gloria Vanderbilt's apartment is only going for 1.5 mill. It's a prestigious location.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah, I got wary of Philipp a ways back. He's now asking for something like €2K for a new lens, as the old one got dust and dirt in it from reno. As I believe I have suggested here before a lens cap costs €5.
Agree....i remember a time ago i made a remark on the fleuries...and got a bit shot down...but they can clearly give SJ a hand...although the methode is a bit more carefull and better displayed.....the cause is the same.....they are grifters...big time...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.