The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that the other women looked so much better than SJ in their black outfits. I thought her flapper dress made her look much older than she is! It does surprise me that so many are taken in by this pleasure palace and shower LOTL with money and gifts. It's pretty obvious that she is way beter off than most of her fans. The whole chateau and its "restoration" are to provide a showcase for LOTL and her outfits. She's not restoring it for the nation as a historic building or she would ensure that its contents were historically accurate, and not full of a few historically correct objects plus a load of gaudy kitsch. It's purely a stage setting for a spoilt 45 year old child who desperately seeks attention. Even the workshops provide a stage for her, the organisers probably have to agree to let her perform in the final concert. It's only a matter of time until she becomes the model for a life drawing or portrait painting art workshop. Professional singers, actors, T.V. presenters, etc., have to work extremely hard to earn their living. SJ has a load of young minions to do the hard work for her in exchange for board and lodging, a few cocktails, and a robe supplied free of charge to Steph from the makers. She makes some vlogs, performs on them and then lounges around enjoying the gin and the attention. I'm sorry to sound harsh, I admit I still watch and need to wean myself off this charade but I am certainly not going to support a self-obsessed person's lifestyle by sending money, porcelain or even seeds! There are more worthy causes out there.

On another point, did anyone else note that the minions were all drinking from glass cocktail glasses and SJ and PP had the silver ones? It's gold seals again!
πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ β€œStage setting for a spoilt 45 year old child”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Just looked again, they seem to be green on the outside and silver on the inside (on the trolley and towards end of vlog), don't think it's the gin but could be wrong!!

Reactions: 5
🍾 🍹Enjoyable! I think they should just throw a party for every episode until ChristmasπŸ™Œ πŸ‡πŸŽ† The girls looked very pleasing indeed! ⭐Phillip was cute dancing as a girl, and Stephanie and the boy have started finishing each other's sentences... Michael who? Selmar is good fun at parties, I preferred his Baker boys style to when he did his solo dance as a rock star... I think the Chatelaine may have a lie in tomorrow (so perhaps she will be up about 3pm?) Imagine this kind of party at Gwen & Billy's joint!? Thought not.πŸ€” The GIF of Phillip is as the long forgotten Mummy would say, "Wandafool". (y)
🀣🀣🀣🀣 tiny baby Jesus’s jeans πŸ‘– playing today’s role for the chat- a- lene

πŸ’­ occurred to me
MP last years 24 yr old on the scrap heap - TBJJ this years model been remodeled and remolded ....
Coming to surplus to requirements time now MPots is incoming

Best witch slap of the farce advert day 6
(no spelling mistake - gin labels on πŸŽ₯ cohercive begging from LOTL )πŸ€ͺ

Droopy drawers marie ... to TBJJ

....You wearing my robe πŸ‘˜.... I left it on the leftovers pile .... I was done with it ... it has NO TIES......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

How profound a witch slap πŸ‘‹

LOTLL is talking parcel tounge πŸ€“ with TBJJ
With eye πŸ‘ rolls and recycled air with her brand new never been seen in the chateau for over a hundred years

SHE has molded herself a dim prancing .... court jester ... right under ou
r πŸ‘ƒ

God she’s a master manipulator πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ok for what its worth, this years advent sucks so bad, boring, repetitive and nothing more than opening gifts and drinking. Last years was so much better loads of ideas to make items. This year its all about her free workers paying homage to a woman who really should know better. Very disappointed at least last year michael clampet petherick bought brilliant ideas to the table. Thats better now i have that off my chest. X
I agree, I've stopped watching it. Can't handle it any more. Which is sad, last year's was really good.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can highly recommend watching the advent vlogs AFTER reading all your observations. Makes me laugh even more!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, I've stopped watching it. Can't handle it any more. Which is sad, last year's was really good.
I tell myself the same thing every evening...........but then, the next day, there I am again, having a sneaky peek.
It's like watching the scene of an accident. I know I shouldn't slow down and stare, I know how bad it might be, but I can't seem to help myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've watched a couple of last year's advent Diaries, and I agree there's a noticeable difference. Whether you like MP or not, he and Stephanie worked well together. So I was thinking about this current cast, and why it all seems so forced and lacks the fun, repartee, and spontaneity of last year. I think maybe it's because they are all either camera shy (Cat, Mandy), or too placid (the rest). I will excuse Nati because she seems to be almost permanently on duty. This lack of a good sidekick, I think, forces Stephanie into overdrive to try and carry it all because there is no-one with her to catch her spark and return it. It's all very one way, she keeps lobbing and it all just falls flat. Nice enough people, don't get me wrong, but not exciting on camera for this sort of thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree that the other women looked so much better than SJ in their black outfits. I thought her flapper dress made her look much older than she is! It does surprise me that so many are taken in by this pleasure palace and shower LOTL with money and gifts. It's pretty obvious that she is way beter off than most of her fans. The whole chateau and its "restoration" are to provide a showcase for LOTL and her outfits. She's not restoring it for the nation as a historic building or she would ensure that its contents were historically accurate, and not full of a few historically correct objects plus a load of gaudy kitsch. It's purely a stage setting for a spoilt 45 year old child who desperately seeks attention. Even the workshops provide a stage for her, the organisers probably have to agree to let her perform in the final concert. It's only a matter of time until she becomes the model for a life drawing or portrait painting art workshop. Professional singers, actors, T.V. presenters, etc., have to work extremely hard to earn their living. SJ has a load of young minions to do the hard work for her in exchange for board and lodging, a few cocktails, and a robe supplied free of charge to Steph from the makers. She makes some vlogs, performs on them and then lounges around enjoying the gin and the attention. I'm sorry to sound harsh, I admit I still watch and need to wean myself off this charade but I am certainly not going to support a self-obsessed person's lifestyle by sending money, porcelain or even seeds! There are more worthy causes out there.

On another point, did anyone else note that the minions were all drinking from glass cocktail glasses and SJ and PP had the silver ones? It's gold seals again!
Can I just say πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've watched a couple of last year's advent Diaries, and I agree there's a noticeable difference. Whether you like MP or not, he and Stephanie worked well together. So I was thinking about this current cast, and why it all seems so forced and lacks the fun, repartee, and spontaneity of last year. I think maybe it's because they are all either camera shy (Cat, Mandy), or too placid (the rest). I will excuse Nati because she seems to be almost permanently on duty. This lack of a good sidekick, I think, forces Stephanie into overdrive to try and carry it all because there is no-one with her to catch her spark and return it. It's all very one way, she keeps lobbing and it all just falls flat. Nice enough people, don't get me wrong, but not exciting on camera for this sort of thing.
Good observation, I think you're right that's one reason, another reason is the length of the video. Last year under 10 min., this year over 30 min. 😳 Okay, there is much advertising for alcohol, advent calendars, fake christmas trees, books, gift wrapping paper, robes aso πŸ˜‡ but if you try to stretch the content for a 10min vlog to 30 min...........😴

Michael did last years with SJ as a friend, the minions......had to help out because of Covid.
And they are all too polite and well-mannered to put the ball right back into her court. (They are stuck there and have to life with her until don't know when.)

• Heart
Reactions: 12

So glad you brought up the fancy cocktail glasses. Only the very shiniest for LOTL a and her poodle!
And again, she is only interested in being the star hence the refusal to host weddings which would make La Lande actually money per the Strawbridges. Even the Pethricks know to host weddings for goodness sake!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
29.43 The glasses are all identical! And then she says β€˜I’ve given Marie my gin...’ so suddenly the silver glasses appear. Oh dear god, I can’t stop analysing now. It’s like an illness...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes. Plus, I think, last year she had ACTUAL friends over more than the volunteers. Her EQUALS and not passer-bys . And because she was (not sure about now) genuinely friends with MP, the vlogs didn't seem forced.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
o lord, why did I dare to watch another episode
in the beginning: Marie gets seeds with the name NIGELLA (lawson maybe? so basically joke) and then the princess πŸ‘‘ gets her present unwrapped by her servant and it is an expensive plate with the meaning on top and it is her birth year!!! how poetic
if you want to belittle someone, now you know what to get them and what to get for you ;)
I wonder if to keep watching at this point
and the look when Marie dared to say no to the princess .... uuuu not pretty (one cannot unsee it even through the laughter)

the arrangement looks sad and dying and not christmassy at all as many said already - duck nest at best
but to put the snowflake light and plastic squirrel on top, lord have mercy
😜😜 no, nigella is an actual flower... quite pretty, it needs cool weather for best growth. It's quite ethereal- so I'm sure it is a weed with a common name somewhere 😜

I preferred the fireplace as it was BEFORE the shocking β€œflower” arrangement. I’m probably going to get shot down in flames, but not a huge fan of Marie tbh. I’ve always thought her a tad surly and pretty average in the floristry department. Speaking as a florist myself, I feel qualified to say this. God, why am I still watching it...
amen sister. amen. I have no idea WHY she wouldnt study!! I suggested Tulipina.... but... ya know.... her highness would have to step aside for another😜

• Heart
Reactions: 6
29.43 The glasses are all identical! And then she says β€˜I’ve given Marie my gin...’ so suddenly the silver glasses appear. Oh dear god, I can’t stop analysing now. It’s like an illness...
30:33 is a view of the trolley. There are a pair of the green and silver martini glasses on the end and one of the four new crystal martini glasses she just received.
And yes it is an illness! Like being the only sober person at a party and having the next morning playback!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really hope she reads this and realises that not everyone thinks she sings like an angel. Please no more of her smugness, where are the christmas ideas, but like you say i cant stop watching and can some one please gift selmar a hair brush x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The tiny prince reminds me of the over indulgent Nanny of a spoilt child......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Day No. 7 actually tapped into the magic of bringing people together during Advent. Everyone there genuinely enjoyed the evening and the Sinterklaus celebration, because it was an opportunity to share how these people really felt about each other (in a teasing, but honest, way).

This vlog was about all of the people at Lalande, not just one, and that endeared it to me. The chatelaine would do well to create more content like this...

I really hope she reads this and realises that not everyone thinks she sings like an angel. Please no more of her smugness, where are the christmas ideas, but like you say i cant stop watching and can some one please gift selmar a hair brush x
The tossled hair look is very popular with Dutch men, especially those over 40.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.