The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New here and took the screen name mostly because it's how I feel for - well... feeling this: Also I have nobody to tell this to so long.... really long - and caps are for stern emphasis not really shouting but more like "SJ get this through your head SVP!"๐Ÿ™

Here it is:

I used to love watching the old La Lande YT videos - quirky, fun, positive and uplifting. They are currently contrived, cloying and grasping at straws for content. It's a train wreck. I would request that SJ and crew of hangers-on do one good video a week with lots of research instead of what seems to be a money grab with a million "look at me aren't we SO FUN! and isn't this SO FUN! and isn't everyone here SO MUCH FUN!! look we have THEMED parties EVERY NIGHT!! Don't you wish you were here!! Having SO MUCH FUN!!" ๐Ÿ˜‘ so you will come and book a room for โ‚ฌ195 (or something crazy like that last time I looked for next summer) a night for shabby room run by randoms and have randoms preparing you food (or better yet, just get your own!) and you will undoubtedly find hair in your food.๐Ÿ˜ณ

I cannot stand Thomaz. The whining about "please give me patreon money because everyone told me I should ask for it so its not my fault (insert baby crying here) for asking" so he could travel around Europe not having a job while the rest of the suckers (aka me) work and support him.... sure. So, after seemingly being a favorite, what WAS up with his rather abrupt departure? It was all fun and games and then what? What WAS up with that DISGUSTING laundry room? Quite frankly, please DO NOT have yet another cocktail until you have sorted out stuff like this. Please DO NOT go into another charity shop and BUY ANYTHING until you have put in BASEBOARDS (has everybody seen the unfinished drywall, lack of baseboards, poorly done wallpaper, hallways that look like homeless encampments) .... Please complete these tasks everywhere which is in use for guests in the chateau. It's your business. so please treat it like one. When I SJ NOT treating it like one and buying more crap... its freaking annoying. Please shore up the bits of the chateau which are actually FALLING DOWN. The structure supporting the roof in the older section of the chateau has major issues, you can see major structural cracks in the opening of the show. The terrace has major structural issues, the heating system doesnt work, you need to replace shutters so they dont fall (wth?!!) on peoples heads and KILL THEM, like mummy mentioned in one episode, please replace windows with custom, wood insulated glass, put in french drains, put in insulation and AC where the staff will be living in the attics, put insulation between walls/ceilings so guests don't have to listen to each other snoring or even walking gently (or partying๐Ÿ˜‘) at night and do ALL of this please BEFORE shopping OR before you put the lake back in. The lake and the island and amphitheatre you wish to put in, will cost you about the same as all of these repairs. Have I mentioned please do not buy any more clothing? Please hire as many professionals as you can to do the work. Please clean poo off of and out of places. It's just not sanitary. Its icky. Plus you can sell the bat guano.

Phillip is.... odd.... and has jeans the size of a 10 year old girl (is that mean๐Ÿค”) plus he is allergic to everything, and the worst thing is ๐Ÿ˜‘ he is ALWAYS THERE. I cant tell if he is in love with SJ or gay and wishes to style her.

Selmar. Love him Love Diesel. Hope he escapes intact. Will someone please get the damn cat fixed.

Marie seems like a lovely lovely person and I dislike her flowers. They are terrible. Terrible. I would hope she never reads this because I would hate to hurt her feelings. Apparently she "teaches" online.... how? from online classes she just took?

Hanni-I am sure she is a lovely person - full on SWF, why is she PAYING to stay plus working! then having to LEAVE the room for the night (please put the one night guests in another room!!) then people aren't going with her etc etc... are they icing her out? I mean she seems a little spectrum-y?? Maybe?? But if you accept her in - you accept her in and that's that - you don't then ice her out. It seems like many people - no longer have the SJ "sun" shine on them. Not the men of course, Just the women.

M. Potts. Snake in the grass. Just... a snake.... Either they are sleeping together, or he just wants to sleep with her and she encourages it, or she wants to or they are doing the whole Scarlett O'Hara and Ashley BS .....he just seems to lurk, I just dont like the looks they exchange - it's a bit like when Kim K said " Mr. West is in the House" and I screeched- OMG SHE IS SLEEPING WITH HIM... and of course she was... despite being married to another. I do not trust him. Not one. Tiny. Bit.

The millions of ex's - look my ex slept with everyone and everything that moved- we speak about once a year. We were also married young for about 18 months. We still have civil conversations. Not often but we do. Not talking means something bad went down and there is only one thing the male ego responds to that way. SHE betrayed him... no way does she have ALL of her ex's around but not that one... something baaaaddd went down.... and there is something infantile about her behavior. She seems lovely to be around for a whilep, but isnt anyone else tired? I mean I partied HARD and for a long time but even I had to hang up the dancing shoes.

M. Pethrick (if that's how you spell it) So watching it - albeit very briefly- my thought was wow... this is as boring as real construction. Here's the thing: his dad is a contractor, those beams were exposed, there is no way they didnt know they were rotten. Here is what really happened: He spent all of his money on fancy crap and now he needs more to finish his project. So he literally begged for more money. Disgusting- go get a job and do more of the work yourself. What was wrong with the AGA that didn't need 5 million new parts?

Oliver's wife, deep down, does not like Stephanie, no matter what she says to Oliver or Stephanie's face. She would row past her drowning in a heartbeat.

Last thing: ONE VLOGGER AT A TIME PLEASE - sorry for shouting but is just bizarre and it takes all of the magic out of everything. every. last. ounce.

There. It's all out. I've been holding it all in for months. Nothing like "talking" intimately about someone you have never met! When I 1st started watching I though: It would be fun to go there one day on the way somehwere.... now all I think is: nooooooo
Night all - thanks for listening๐Ÿ˜œ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
New here and took the screen name mostly because it's how I feel for - well... feeling this: Also I have nobody to tell this to so long.... really long - and caps are for stern emphasis not really shouting but more like "SJ get this through your head SVP!"๐Ÿ™

Here it is:

I used to love watching the old La Lande YT videos - quirky, fun, positive and uplifting. They are currently contrived, cloying and grasping at straws for content. It's a train wreck. I would request that SJ and crew of hangers-on do one good video a week with lots of research instead of what seems to be a money grab with a million "look at me aren't we SO FUN! and isn't this SO FUN! and isn't everyone here SO MUCH FUN!! look we have THEMED parties EVERY NIGHT!! Don't you wish you were here!! Having SO MUCH FUN!!" ๐Ÿ˜‘ so you will come and book a room for โ‚ฌ195 (or something crazy like that last time I looked for next summer) a night for shabby room run by randoms and have randoms preparing you food (or better yet, just get your own!) and you will undoubtedly find hair in your food.๐Ÿ˜ณ

I cannot stand Thomaz. The whining about "please give me patreon money because everyone told me I should ask for it so its not my fault (insert baby crying here) for asking" so he could travel around Europe not having a job while the rest of the suckers (aka me) work and support him.... sure. So, after seemingly being a favorite, what WAS up with his rather abrupt departure? It was all fun and games and then what? What WAS up with that DISGUSTING laundry room? Quite frankly, please DO NOT have yet another cocktail until you have sorted out stuff like this. Please DO NOT go into another charity shop and BUY ANYTHING until you have put in BASEBOARDS (has everybody seen the unfinished drywall, lack of baseboards, poorly done wallpaper, hallways that look like homeless encampments) .... Please complete these tasks everywhere which is in use for guests in the chateau. It's your business. so please treat it like one. When I SJ NOT treating it like one and buying more crap... its freaking annoying. Please shore up the bits of the chateau which are actually FALLING DOWN. The structure supporting the roof in the older section of the chateau has major issues, you can see major structural cracks in the opening of the show. The terrace has major structural issues, the heating system doesnt work, you need to replace shutters so they dont fall (wth?!!) on peoples heads and KILL THEM, like mummy mentioned in one episode, please replace windows with custom, wood insulated glass, put in french drains, put in insulation and AC where the staff will be living in the attics, put insulation between walls/ceilings so guests don't have to listen to each other snoring or even walking gently (or partying๐Ÿ˜‘) at night and do ALL of this please BEFORE shopping OR before you put the lake back in. The lake and the island and amphitheatre you wish to put in, will cost you about the same as all of these repairs. Have I mentioned please do not buy any more clothing? Please hire as many professionals as you can to do the work. Please clean poo off of and out of places. It's just not sanitary. Its icky. Plus you can sell the bat guano.

Phillip is.... odd.... and has jeans the size of a 10 year old girl (is that mean๐Ÿค”) plus he is allergic to everything, and the worst thing is ๐Ÿ˜‘ he is ALWAYS THERE. I cant tell if he is in love with SJ or gay and wishes to style her.

Selmar. Love him Love Diesel. Hope he escapes intact. Will someone please get the damn cat fixed.

Marie seems like a lovely lovely person and I Dislike her flowers. They are terrible. Terrible. I would hope she never reads this because I would hate to hurt her feelings. Apparently she "teaches" online.... how? from online classes she just took?

Hanni-I am sure she is a lovely person - full on SWF, why is she PAYING to stay plus working! then having to LEAVE the room for the night (please put the one night guests in another room!!) then people aren't going with her etc etc... are they icing her out? I mean she seems a little spectrum-y?? Maybe?? But if you accept her in - you accept her in and that's that - you don't then ice her out. It seems like many people - no longer have the SJ "sun" shine on them. Not the men of course, Just the women.

M. Potts. Snake in the grass. Just... a snake.... Either they are sleeping together, or he just wants to sleep with her and she encourages it, or she wants to or they are doing the whole Scarlett O'Hara and Ashley BS .....he just seems to lurk, I just dont like the looks they exchange - it's a bit like when Kim K said " Mr. West is in the House" and I screeched- OMG SHE IS SLEEPING WITH HIM... and of course she was... despite being married to another. I do not trust him. Not one. Tiny. Bit.

The millions of ex's - look my ex slept with everyone and everything that moved- we speak about once a year. We were also married young for about 18 months. We still have civil conversations. Not often but we do. Not talking means something bad went down and there is only one thing the male ego responds to that way. SHE betrayed him... no way does she have ALL of her ex's around but not that one... something baaaaddd went down.... and there is something infantile about her behavior. She seems lovely to be around for a whilep, but isnt anyone else tired? I mean I partied HARD and for a long time but even I had to hang up the dancing shoes.

M. Pethrick (if that's how you spell it) So watching it - albeit very briefly- my thought was wow... this is as boring as real construction. Here's the thing: his dad is a contractor, those beams were exposed, there is no way they didnt know they were rotten. Here is what really happened: He spent all of his money on fancy crap and now he needs more to finish his project. So he literally begged for more money. Disgusting- go get a job and do more of the work yourself. What was wrong with the AGA that didn't need 5 million new parts?

Oliver's wife, deep down, does not like Stephanie, no matter what she says to Oliver or Stephanie's face. She would row past her drowning in a heartbeat.

Last thing: ONE VLOGGER AT A TIME PLEASE - sorry for shouting but is just bizarre and it takes all of the magic out of everything. every. last. ounce.

There. It's all out. I've been holding it all in for months. Nothing like "talking" intimately about someone you have never met! When I 1st started watching I though: It would be fun to go there one day on the way somehwere.... now all I think is: nooooooo
Nasty Nan I think you are like many on this thread. From my own perspective, I came to CD mid lockdown and just loved them. I went down rabbit holes of investigation based on what SJ talked about. It was so intellectually stimulating, and yes I dreamed of driving through France visiting such chateaus. Then after a while ideas and observations are made and this thread provided viewpoints which made me lol and confirmed my thoughts. I miss sol. But i thank everyone for this forum to chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Me too! Liked it. Liked it a lot. Loved it. Loved it less. Watched it, albeit critically. Cringed through it. Wanting to stop watching it now. Leaves me feeling uncomfortable. What a shame. One really good post a week would probably be good.

Me too! Liked it. Liked it a lot. Loved it. Loved it less. Watched it, albeit critically. Cringed through it. Wanting to stop watching it now. Leaves me feeling uncomfortable. What a shame. One really good post a week would probably be good.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Here it is:

Marie seems like a lovely lovely person and I Dislike her flowers. They are terrible. Terrible. I would hope she never reads this because I would hate to hurt her feelings. Apparently she "teaches" online.... how? from online classes she just took?

Sigh. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I've to confess- although I had started forwarding the annoying (the 10 min of oohing and aahing) + laughter bits, it was my husband who started judging and questioning the CATC episodes. He was also asking me why I'm contributing to this madness by watching this. I landed on tattle when he said there must be a thread on it somewhere on the internet and now going through all the different povs, my perspective on SJ and co has changed so much.
I'm too chicken to admit it to my husband that he was right. Lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Dear community, can we all just notice at 21.43 in the Advent calendar 3 how the door to a guest B&B bedroom doesn't even hang straight! Signed child of a builder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm sorry but as an artist myself that wrapping paper deal is so cringe. It cheapens it and basically it's going to be tossed in the garbage. There is no way I would sell my art as a pdf download especially for that price. If her father was protecting his art, she's not doing him any favours that way. She'd be best to turn his work into a gorgeous coffee table book, something tangible. Not that crap. Sorry, I just had to rant about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Dear community, can we all just notice at 21.43 in the Advent calendar 3 how the door to a guest B&B bedroom doesn't even hang straight! Signed child of a builder.
Good spotting!! Maybe it's considered to be part of the 'charm'?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've to confess- although I had started forwarding the annoying (the 10 min of oohing and aahing) + laughter bits, it was my husband who started judging and questioning the CATC episodes. He was also asking me why I'm contributing to this madness by watching this. I landed on tattle when he said there must be a thread on it somewhere on the internet and now going through all the different povs, my perspective on SJ and co has changed so much.
I've ended up watching the vlogs in the presence of my husband (working from home) and he chips in with comments I can't argue with. Re: the advent vlogs he said last night, "Wait a minute - is she going to do this EVERY DAY UNTIL CHRISTMAS?! Ommmmmggggg. Is she going to sing every day? Ommmmgggg"
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
He also asked me what Philip plans to do for the rest of his life and I was like ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Here it is:

Phillip - I cant tell if he is in love with SJ or gay and wishes to style her.

Well said, bang on. I applaud you :love::ROFLMAO:๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’– She has sold her soul to devil.

I'm sorry but as an artist myself that wrapping paper deal is so cringe. It cheapens it and basically it's going to be tossed in the garbage. There is no way I would sell my art as a pdf download especially for that price. If her father was protecting his art, she's not doing him any favours that way. She'd be best to turn his work into a gorgeous coffee table book, something tangible. Not that crap. Sorry, I just had to rant about it.
Too bloody right. A commercial grifter who has sold her soul to devil . Absolutely no concept of and actually no respect for his art practice. Riding on the back of her fathers talent.
๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ด๐Ÿ’ถ๐Ÿ’ท๐Ÿ’ฑ

;) Your husband sounds like a good one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can we also notice Dyson heater for about 600 EUR at about the same time stamp

• Wow
  • Heart
Sandro37 is that a global rule re copywrite? (I don't live in EU so am ignorant to rules)

To be fair, I donโ€™t think we can blame her for a wonky antique door! Personally, I love that kind of thing. At least it shuts...

Can we also notice Dyson heater for about 600 EUR at about the same time stamp
Bloody hell @sandro37 I would only ever want you on my side in court ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Long time lurker, first post here. I was moved to write this after the Advent day 2 (invitations and wax seals). It really struck me as I was watching it what a goddamn waste of man-hours it is to be making unnecessary invitations, using a computer, Mandy, Phillip and Stephanie involved in something totally useless. I'm sure there are families in need in the vicinity. I would much rather see them fill hampers or boxes with all the chocolates / biscuits / paraphernalia they have received from viewers and donate them to worthy causes. Stephanie really strikes me as a modern-day Marie Antoinette, sitting in her chateau, totally isolated from real people with real issues (don't tell me she has issues, because hers are not getting food on the table / caring for kids alone / dealing with domestic abuse, like some people are dealing with). Up to now I had defended SJ from everything with the excuse "well, she is bringing so much joy to so many people" but she is literally sitting on a goldmine (of unwanted goods) and not sharing it out. She can't possibly need all that crap.

Another vlogger I follow has refused to ever reveal her address, and when viewers ask in the comments can they please send her a gift she asks them to donate to a local charity for the amount they would have spent on her. I really admire that. When you think how much time, money and energy people have put into packing up 24 gifts for SJ, shipping them halfway around the world... that amount would put food on the table for a family for a week I'm sure. SMH here at the unfairness of it all. I go from CD with all the gilding and glam to my FB feed which shows the women's shelters for women and children fleeing domestic abuse are already full to capacity, and they need pyjamas, food, underwear and money to help these poor people... my heart breaks (yes, I donate there of course).

Stephanie should have put a stop to Chateau Unwrapped after a month or two. It is so wrong on so many levels and I'm sure it gives her palpitations just trying to imagine how she will ever catch up with filming all the unboxing. As it is she already has hundreds / thousands of people feeling like they have bought a way "in" to Lalande and who will be turning up for guided tours and thanks as soon as they can travel. What a nightmare. I would like her to ask people to stop sending things, and to donate instead to people who actually need charity in their locality.

On another note I totally agree that she is exploiting the younger volunteers by filming them so much, it was way out of order sneaking around to their bedrooms after midnight and filming it for the world to see. What if a psycho who has a crush on one of them now breaks in and knows in what room to find them... I wouldn't sleep easy knowing that my whereabouts are broadcast for the world.

Lastly, while I am on a rant, and before I watch Day 3 of Advent and fall back in love with it all. Donating to a large charity such as the ones that have already benefited from the Chateau Unwrapped, is a waste of time. Any research into the big global charities shows that only about 10% of donations actually get to the people / cause. The rest is eaten up by administration. My sister did some work with Barnardo's (helping impoverished children) and she saw first-hand how the staff were squandering money every month on unnecessary luxuries that they could write off as expenses. So do your research. It is so easy, as someone here said, to throw some money at a charity and think you are doing good, rather than spend energy and time looking for ways you can ACTUALLY make a difference.

Sorry for the rant, carry on xx
YES YES YES and YES. You are so right. I get a kick out of watching life in a castle, as it was in the early lockdown, but the gifts people send make me sick. And the fact that SJ doesn't see anything wrong with it... makes me question her character. She seems a nice enough gal, but showing unboxing only encourages more. The waste (money, paper, time, etc) is unbelievable for a "household" of about only 8 people. Which poor volunteer has the job of only breaking down cardboard day in and day out?

If they couldn't sell the peacock tat (and let's be real, I'm not ebaying for that crap), maybe they could hold an auction or something and give the proceeds (ALL OF THEM) to a local charity. Would love to see some action on this in their community.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair, I donโ€™t think we can blame her for a wonky antique door! Personally, I love that kind of thing. At least it shuts...

Bloody hell @sandro37 I would only ever want you on my side in court ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm sorry to press the point, you take door off hinges, shave it down or reset the hinges. If I'm paying E195 per night I want a door that shuts, firmly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Is there a thread for Chateau DIY as a whole? Just realised itโ€™s come back on TV ahaha.

Reactions: 1

Here it is:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘ I was such a fan too I thought it would be fun to visit but this was a long while ago, ages before Patreon. Now you couldnโ€™t PAY me to go. As you said, the filth in that laundry room, the chaos, no wonder Isabel has fumed from Day 1. Stephanie is playing at life and playing at BnB - to be fair, guests seem to love it & reviews are generous . But thatโ€™s not for me. I canโ€™t imagine either having to participate nor being an onlooker to the indulgences and whims of a self-styled princess. Give me a travelodge any day. The rooms are usually sparkling clean, the linen immaculate and floors everywhere hoovered & mopped. SJ herself said she wasnโ€™t a good cleaner (hence getting Mary Poppins) and has counterbalanced this house-sluttiness by saying she provides a warm welcome :)
I also think Oliverโ€™s wife dislikes Stephanie . Since we found out Camilla is a Muslim, and having read online her views, I feel doubly certain she dues to โ€˜approveโ€™ of SJ.

Youre spot on with saying the magic has gone. I really want to carry on watching & liking but itโ€™s as I watched SJ through a mirror and what I thought was there, really doesnโ€™t exist after all. I think it will take more than a spell to bring back the SJ we thought we all knew and the charming chateau diaries of old.

• Heart
Where I come from your previous statement is very commonly known as a backhanded compliment.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Offended, nah, takes much more than dat to offend me
:oops: 'Flaw' 'Flawless' ?? not words that I have ever used but an interesting analysis
:geek: 'I don't always agree with you 100%' - I'm not engaging with this this to be agreed with at all, just expressing my opinion about CD's and the off shoots like everyone else

I truly, deeply and sincerely hope your profession isn't a teacher.

View attachment 334261 Viva La Loca - Long Live the Crazy ๐Ÿฅณ

If all I ever achieve in life is making people snort onto a computer screen and choke on coffee then I consider that a job well done and I will go to the pearly gates happy and content.

View attachment 334285
I just realized I only got backhanded compliments sofar๐Ÿ˜ข

hahhaaaa I knew this was coming!!!

you know what they say, that you should not call narcs out and just quietly leave (not my forte, I admit) because narcs never disappoint, they will show their true colours to the rest of their bind followers eventually.

btw did you see how she goes through the people like through the clothes? What once was new and shiny is now old and disposed of... hello MP, Mary and co.. Prince Poodle don't worry your time is coming :m
I donโ€™t see her disposing people, on the contrary I don't know many people still having contact with exes and friends from university. Or living even with their parents.
Why would people return if she is so bad? Or decide to stay longer? You must also take in consideration that it takes two to tango. The other party is grown up and has also a saying how they get treated.
MP could not come for advent calendar and also earlier in summer because of Covid and his cottage, that was established often enough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Iโ€™m on the way to stopping watching it regularly. Cringe factor higher than enjoyment factor. Itโ€™s almost vacuous, posh girl drivel now. So disappointed because I was such a huge fan. Crickey. Iโ€™m normally suited and booted but I even copied her much-worn Zara yellow floral dress ๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll be wearing that again !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What is even more troubling that the whole process is so disposable. This is a man whose principles caused him to never sell his art and now is will all be in the bin in 22 days. And how many people have been asking for well over a year for a calendar or note cards? At least a step up from being immediately useless.
Not sure how any of the exes hanging about could have helped her with her opera training!
But you are correct, she is very much a Tom Sawyer conning everyone to do her bidding. And with all of the 25 days of extended Gift Grab without a nary of thankfulness or the spirit of the season just SJ singing while opening presents. Really never thought it could go any lower.
I wonder if we saw the same video? I liked the story about Dutch tradition, the poems were lovely.
I liked seeing Selmar and Philip interact. Philip did contribute to this episode, don't know why people say he has no own opinion. The other are also always agreeing with Stephanie, eg Marie or Natie. In the end she is her boss, that's what you do when you participate in a video.
It's like when being on a family reunion, you don't start a fight or a discussion,you behave. Otherwise it would not be Chateau diaries but desperate housewife.
And if you look closely, MP had his bad moments in last years adventcalendar, too. Looking sometimes lost, giving knowledge he probably just looked up a moment ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Now I have to go watch the rest of that episode!!! I stopped after yet another set of fancy plates unwrapped which were just going to be thrown up and more nails driven threw the precious wallpaper willy nilly. Randomly I grew up with the exact toile de jouy pattern that SJ explained how it showed the process on who toile de jouy is created. It was such an โ€˜ah haโ€™ moment after years of family dinners and thinking I was looking at people doing the laundry. I would have never been fed another dinner in my life if I had random nailed a plate up on the wall and then another and another and another. Itโ€™s all too much. And the singing. And the if I were PPโ€™s parents I would get him out of there ASAP. Marie was last winterโ€™s plaything and even she gave SJ push back when needed. PPโ€™s absolute worship is going to devastate him when she moves on.
And speaking of Marie she posted a beautiful video on IG aptly entitled No Humans (she really needs to get out of there) and of course is running around with weeds in her hands but she gives some good angles of just how bad the damp and render is over at Grey Jardins.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.