The Chateau Diaries #5 Gin, sin & presents in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a look on zazzle which is where SJ recommends printing the wrapping paper, for 6 feet it costs £28 :rolleyes: And maybe cutting it a bit fine timewise to offer it now for the few people who would actually want to get it printed and use it for Christmas.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
She had about 6 - 10 6ft sheets plus the roll which costs £176. So thats £400 to £500 in wrapping paper! Wow. I get one massive roll from costco which costs about £10 and is lovely quality. Not my daddy’s artwork though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
btw @chillijam you want to explain a little bit more clearly what this means 'Nice to see you're human after all'. I'm sure you can find the words.
It is a compliment - you express yourself so clearly and have well informed opinions. I don't always agree with you 100% but I certainly appreciate your insight and viewpoint on most topics. Your posts are a pleasure to read. So, tongue in cheek, when I spotted a tiny flaw in your otherwise usually flawless writing, it tickled me. I really hope you aren't offended, that was absolutely not my intention.

Reactions: 6
She had about 6 - 10 6ft sheets plus the roll which costs £176. So thats £400 to £500 in wrapping paper! Wow. I get one massive roll from costco which costs about £10 and is lovely quality. Not my daddy’s artwork though.
However, it will not cost SJ even £10.00. Selling downloadable versions of the artwork at 5 euros a pop means she will re-coup all her expenditure and more. Genius. I wish I had thought of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tend to find with LOTL
Last year - not flush - and not above making something out of nothing at a reasonable price

Blogger and vlogger 😩
Trying to flash the “Oprah “ affect
Aka you get one and you get one and you....
The business sending LOTL her Christmas gifts 🎁
Least when Oprah gave you her favorite things ..... she PAID for them
Not dropped copious amounts of OH I Adore this Parrrfect ...........

Earn money 💰 blagging .... then show the good ppl of Lalande how you WOULD spend your cash 💰 ...., if you had to pay 💰 for it 😳

"Girls" were expensive, so why not show them;)

I don't like the calendar much. It resembles more of the gift grabbing channel than CD. Too many oohs, wonderfuls, ahhs... PP and SJ are so animated and overflowingly happy. So very American and not British/French at all. A poor man's Disney Christmas show. Loved Cat because she refused to play along.
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Yes 🤗 PARRRFECT ..... as LOTL drawls

PARRRFECT.........🎁💕💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
However, it will not cost SJ even £10.00. Selling downloadable versions of the artwork at 5 euros a pop means she will re-coup all her expenditure and more. Genius. I wish I had thought of it.
My daughter is making blankets and silk scarves with her b/w photos printed on them. $250 for a blanket. It amazes me what people will buy when their credit card is already plugged right in. (Kinda hoping she gives me one for Christmas though..)

• Heart
I really want to like this year's Advent vlogs and I'm really going to try and absorb what's good about them because I bloody love Christmas...

But are they really going to sit in that room for every vlog? 😔

And the wrapping paper is cool - her father was undoubtedly talented - but putting a Lalande logo across it? Yuck.
I can't afford to get my paper custom printed but I have made the effort this year to order wrap from Etsy designed by artists. I'm massively excited to get them and, so far, the ones I've received have all come with handwritten thank you notes 🥰
I was partly inspired by SJ's efforts last year to put some effort into her wrapping but I was also driven to buy from small designers because my husband launched a set of designs on Redbubble this year and I see firsthand his absolute joy when he receives a notification that he's made a sale. It's only pence, but he puts days of work into his designs and it's enough for him to know someone noticed him and liked his work enough to actually click Buy.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this... 🤭 I'm basically saying SJ's father's work looks good on the wrapping paper but the big logo took the sheen off it 😕

And I don't get why the mushroom decoration was so cute 🤷‍♀️

But I'm determined to try and like this year's set of Advent vlogs 😑

@Viva La Loca I am sitting in a cafe reading this. Nearly choked on my coffee with laughter and stunned amazement at the supreme skill of your written word and superior knowledge of all that you write. Quite simply, I am
in awe of you. I don’t know who you are but you are wasted writing here. Throw in the towel at your day job. Pick up the pen. And don’t put it down: Write a book, fill a newspaper with your phrases and wisdom. Go on TV and pontificate and spout forth over politics and world affairs. Move over Robert Peston and Andrew Marr. There’s a new kid on the block. Forget about SJ and the Chateau Diaries. You are surely destined to carve your knowledge, wit and wisdom on a grander scale.
I can only imagine that SJ and Isobel will also be left in stunned silence having read you. You have left me speechless and deeply impressed :)

I agree - seconded here :)
💕💕💕🥳💕🥳💕🥳💕🥳💕💕

Many a Computor screen had to be cleaned 🧼
@Viva La Loca is an epic genius
🥳🥳💕🥳💕🥳💕🎄💕🥳💕💕🎄

Not in a cafe yet so gonna have to do it .. tonight's critique .. Christ almighty I think I need to pay for a Netflix subscription and be done with CD's once and for all.

Just saying:
Liberty beauty advent calendar 2019 approx. £250 (for personal use)
Asos beauty advent calendar 2020 approx. £75 (to share with the volunteers) but still obviously a nice thing to do. They would get homemade in my house.

Command hooks would be far more suitable than putting more and more pin holes in extremely expensive wallpaper all be it old and stained, but maybe she doesn’t care because the patreons are paying £8000 to indulge her whim to replace it with like for like. I've used them many times, they are no problem on old or new wallpaper.

what the hell is this – sexy Christmas?? a wonderbra advert ??

Go Phillip, who seems to be the saviour of her advent vlogs so far. He may well have the effortless self confidence of a public school education but he does have skill and knocked out a lovely drawing after six years of no practise. (and the rubber was low quality or it wouldn’t have been a problem.)
‘you’re the artist, I’m just the spectacle’ 😂

Gosh she didn’t seem very grateful for Phillip’s drawing and it was lovely. Thank god for Mandy’s generous and heartfelt honesty. And btw SJ, the autumn colour he chose, that you seemed slightly derisive about, is the glow off the Christmas lights as well as being a complementary colour. Open your eyes and look.

“Another team LaLande effort” – Her mother did say once “oh Stephanie, you ask too much from people”

Kat is a star and would have suited a gold wax seal but she had to have the last word as usual . 😩 Oh, dear, I realise now the gold was for herself. 😤 and Phillip as her lacky.

I do wonder from the side eyes and rolling eyes across the volunteers at many times over the past month if they are all bored with her histrionics😩
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Parrrfect darling .. well said
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😳🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That's investment, she has to show it to the people to get them going order

I really want to like this year's Advent vlogs and I'm really going to try and absorb what's good about them because I bloody love Christmas...

And the wrapping paper is cool - her father was undoubtedly talented - but putting a Lalande logo across it? Yuck.
I can't afford to get my paper custom printed but I have made the effort this year to order wrap from Etsy designed by artists. I'm massively excited to get them and, so far, the ones I've received have all come with handwritten thank you notes 🥰
I was partly inspired by SJ's efforts last year to put some effort into her wrapping but I was also driven to buy from small designers because my husband launched a set of designs on Redbubble this year and I see firsthand his absolute joy when he receives a notification that he's made a sale. It's only pence, but he puts days of work into his designs and it's enough for him to know someone noticed him and liked his work enough to actually click Buy.
I'm not sure where I'm going with this... 🤭 I'm basically saying SJ's father's work looks good on the wrapping paper but the big logo took the sheen off it 😕

The blue 🍄 fts perfectly in their colour scheme, that's why they were so happy about it.
They are all in the room because they set it up already in November to start filming. It would be weird if you could see the Xmas decorations so long before Xmas...
But those fans sending her the adventcalendars must have been really really early that those could made it into the video. 🙄
I am actually glad that she finally came to start some merch products to make some money. I would have done it months ago. She really neglected this business opportunity, one time effort for long time income since people will order it next year again. She's not really efficient in this kind of area.

In Germany a roll would be 1 Euro, if on sale even 50cent

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

I am quite certain that her father would never allow this, not because I knew him, but based on what we heard already I realized that he was true artist in heart, he didn't want to sell his work, it meant something to him, it was him, it was him inner world, and then SJ comes and makes commercial print with plastered logo on top of the fine art 👏 👏 👏he must be turning in the grave white actress Steffi is giving us the performance of the year about how moved she is - all fake for a few more 💰

also what I am realizing is, that this girl would do nothing in life if she didn't have 200 ppl doing it for/instead of her,
I even wonder about who helped her with her studies - maybe 3 exes?

I am quite certain that her father would never allow this, not because I knew him, but based on what we heard already I realized that he was true artist in heart, he didn't want to sell his work, it meant something to him, it was him, it was him inner world, and then SJ comes and makes commercial print with plastered logo on top of the fine art 👏 👏 👏he must be turning in the grave white actress Steffi is giving us the performance of the year about how moved she is - all fake for a few more 💰

also what I am realizing is, that this girl would do nothing in life if she didn't have 200 ppl doing it for/instead of her,
What is even more troubling that the whole process is so disposable. This is a man whose principles caused him to never sell his art and now is will all be in the bin in 22 days. And how many people have been asking for well over a year for a calendar or note cards? At least a step up from being immediately useless.
Not sure how any of the exes hanging about could have helped her with her opera training!
But you are correct, she is very much a Tom Sawyer conning everyone to do her bidding. And with all of the 25 days of extended Gift Grab without a nary of thankfulness or the spirit of the season just SJ singing while opening presents. Really never thought it could go any lower.

• Heart
Long time lurker, first post here. I was moved to write this after the Advent day 2 (invitations and wax seals). It really struck me as I was watching it what a goddamn waste of man-hours it is to be making unnecessary invitations, using a computer, Mandy, Phillip and Stephanie involved in something totally useless. I'm sure there are families in need in the vicinity. I would much rather see them fill hampers or boxes with all the chocolates / biscuits / paraphernalia they have received from viewers and donate them to worthy causes. Stephanie really strikes me as a modern-day Marie Antoinette, sitting in her chateau, totally isolated from real people with real issues (don't tell me she has issues, because hers are not getting food on the table / caring for kids alone / dealing with domestic abuse, like some people are dealing with). Up to now I had defended SJ from everything with the excuse "well, she is bringing so much joy to so many people" but she is literally sitting on a goldmine (of unwanted goods) and not sharing it out. She can't possibly need all that crap.

Another vlogger I follow has refused to ever reveal her address, and when viewers ask in the comments can they please send her a gift she asks them to donate to a local charity for the amount they would have spent on her. I really admire that. When you think how much time, money and energy people have put into packing up 24 gifts for SJ, shipping them halfway around the world... that amount would put food on the table for a family for a week I'm sure. SMH here at the unfairness of it all. I go from CD with all the gilding and glam to my FB feed which shows the women's shelters for women and children fleeing domestic abuse are already full to capacity, and they need pyjamas, food, underwear and money to help these poor people... my heart breaks (yes, I donate there of course).

Stephanie should have put a stop to Chateau Unwrapped after a month or two. It is so wrong on so many levels and I'm sure it gives her palpitations just trying to imagine how she will ever catch up with filming all the unboxing. As it is she already has hundreds / thousands of people feeling like they have bought a way "in" to Lalande and who will be turning up for guided tours and thanks as soon as they can travel. What a nightmare. I would like her to ask people to stop sending things, and to donate instead to people who actually need charity in their locality.

On another note I totally agree that she is exploiting the younger volunteers by filming them so much, it was way out of order sneaking around to their bedrooms after midnight and filming it for the world to see. What if a psycho who has a crush on one of them now breaks in and knows in what room to find them... I wouldn't sleep easy knowing that my whereabouts are broadcast for the world.

Lastly, while I am on a rant, and before I watch Day 3 of Advent and fall back in love with it all. Donating to a large charity such as the ones that have already benefited from the Chateau Unwrapped, is a waste of time. Any research into the big global charities shows that only about 10% of donations actually get to the people / cause. The rest is eaten up by administration. My sister did some work with Barnardo's (helping impoverished children) and she saw first-hand how the staff were squandering money every month on unnecessary luxuries that they could write off as expenses. So do your research. It is so easy, as someone here said, to throw some money at a charity and think you are doing good, rather than spend energy and time looking for ways you can ACTUALLY make a difference.

Sorry for the rant, carry on xx
Have a Standing Ovation 👏👏👏 You put into words everything I feel on ALL levels. Hours of precious time squandered on vacuous entertainment & projects that even a toddler would churn out and tire of in a few minutes,

Far from being offended, no doubt SJ would love to hear she was thought of as a modern day Marie-Antoinette (brilliant comparison) It is All About Her. Whatever the flip side of that may be. For a clever woman who can seize opportunity as soon as it blinks at her, she has seemingly shown little authentic awareness of others on many important levels. As someone here said earlier, it’s easy to give away OTHER’S money to charity (and what a can of worms she opened with CATC). Just one week’s worth of mostly *rap from CATC (let alone the postage and customs tax) could do so much for those truly suffering. Have said it before, but will say it again, how has a woman saturated with such privilege & assets become the recipient of so much money and more gifts than she will ever need or use in a lifetime ? She may not have asked for the latter but if she had any conscience, she should stop it now, thanking people to date, perhaps saying from now on would kind supporters please donate in some way to smaller charities who are in dire need of help. As you said, there are people who can’t even put food on the table. These Vloggers are called INFLUENCERS because thats what they do. She has the power to INFLUENCE her fans to do the right thing, yet ultimately it seems she prefers to channel that for self-gain. She had an amazing platform to do really incredible things but her insatiable desire for ‘stuff’ and money, has wiped away any semblance of rationality.

The joyful escapism of the early CD’s has seeped away like the Lalande lake. And standing there in the middle of that soggy wetland, is a woman who is so self-centred and spoilt, she has almost become an embarrassment to herself. I felt as you did, for so long, enjoying her frothy, smiling demeanour and thinking how amazing to be able to brighten the day for so many. It now feels like a scale that is out of kilter. Big time.

In a way I feel sorry for her. She has created a monster that can’t be killed off. Hundreds of thousands of people know where she lives. Neither she, nor those who live/stay at Lalande will ever have a moment’s privacy once lockdown lifts. Her house may be a castle but it will never be a home again.

It’s said that everyone has their price and the chatelaine of Lalande has sold the very core of herself for an attic full of peacock trinkets and tea towels and ultimately, no doubt a vast sum of money in the bank.

I can’t help but wonder what the true cost to herself will be .

I thought the same. Didn’t she say her father only ever sold one painting to someone in Switzerland (?) so he never wanted his work to become a commercial enterprise....Its true we never knew him but through SJ’s description of his love for his art, any of us here would surely feel that he would never want/allow that. I understand she loves chateau de Lalande but did she have to graffiti it over the top of her father’s brilliant work ? And having destroyed the planet, I thought we were all trying to be kinder to it. Do people really need to download PDF’s and use resources to print off something like wrapping paper ? Hasn’t Isabelle been saving every scrap of paper and ribbon for the last year, so why not wrap and re-use. That would be a far more interesting resourceful vlog !
It’s sad for her not to be with her adored father. To look at his art must tug her heart strings, but I felt a little uncomfortable watching her emotional breakdown over the wrapping paper. I’m sure she felt it, but embarrassingly, there was more than a touch of ‘let’s catch this on camera’ about her reaction.

Just had a look on zazzle which is where SJ recommends printing the wrapping paper, for 6 feet it costs £28 :rolleyes: And maybe cutting it a bit fine timewise to offer it now for the few people who would actually want to get it printed and use it for Christmas.
£28 !!!! TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS 😲 Is that all 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
What is even more troubling that the whole process is so disposable. This is a man whose principles caused him to never sell his art and now is will all be in the bin in 22 days. And how many people have been asking for well over a year for a calendar or note cards? At least a step up from being immediately useless.
Not sure how any of the exes hanging about could have helped her with her opera training!
But you are correct, she is very much a Tom Sawyer conning everyone to do her bidding. And with all of the 25 days of extended Gift Grab without a nary of thankfulness or the spirit of the season just SJ singing while opening presents. Really never thought it could go any lower.
yes, this commercialized fine art paper will end up in shreads in the bin, not even slightly admired beyond the time when you purchase it

so opera singing is not her oxford literature studies, the signing is her one wonder 👏 👏 👏 which is blinding many people, or is it her blond hair?

Reactions: 2
Blimey. Two incredibly heartfelt posts making such valid points. I just don’t know what to think anymore. The quirky fluffiness that was once so endearing has become something rather charmless and calculating. And the word that sprang to mind for me was vulgar.

Reactions: 20
It’s a counterfeiter’s dream! Just imagine if instead of creating your own “appalling” chateau designs you could download ‘official’ ones and create who knows what . . . Dear Brenda . . .

0ABE7008-3EED-44E0-A5D7-7E76D370B8D9.jpeg

• Haha
I am glad she has commercialised something. And the print is quite lovely. I am just amazed she hasn't copywrited the prints. There is nothing stopping the Brendas out there printing these on fabric to create a cushion frenzy to sell. I mean someone recently purchased a cup and saucer on ebay which had Chateau La Lande in the headline description (it was lovely but not a known collectible by SJ.) She needs a volunteer business manager pronto!

I am glad she has commercialised something. And the print is quite lovely. I am just amazed she hasn't copywrited the prints. There is nothing stopping the Brendas out there printing these on fabric to create a cushion frenzy to sell. I mean someone recently purchased a cup and saucer on ebay which had Chateau La Lande in the headline description (it was lovely but not a known collectible by SJ.) She needs a volunteer business manager pronto!
Kim Kardashian is studying law maybe she could help.

• Haha
It is a compliment - you express yourself so clearly and have well informed opinions. but I certainly appreciate your insight and viewpoint on most topics. Your posts are a pleasure to read. So, tongue in cheek, when I spotted a tiny flaw in your otherwise usually flawless writing, it tickled me. I really hope you aren't offended, that was absolutely not my intention.
Where I come from your previous statement is very commonly known as a backhanded compliment.

😂😂 Offended, nah, takes much more than dat to offend me
:oops: 'Flaw' 'Flawless' ?? not words that I have ever used but an interesting analysis
:geek: 'I don't always agree with you 100%' - I'm not engaging with this this to be agreed with at all, just expressing my opinion about CD's and the off shoots like everyone else

I truly, deeply and sincerely hope your profession isn't a teacher.

1607076243699.png
Viva La Loca - Long Live the Crazy 🥳

If all I ever achieve in life is making people snort onto a computer screen and choke on coffee then I consider that a job well done and I will go to the pearly gates happy and content.

1607077245090.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a counterfeiter’s dream! Just imagine if instead of creating your own “appalling” chateau designs you could download ‘official’ ones and create who knows what . . . Dear Brenda . . .

View attachment 334244
hahhaaaa I knew this was coming!!!

Blimey. Two incredibly heartfelt posts making such valid points. I just don’t know what to think anymore. The quirky fluffiness that was once so endearing has become something rather charmless and calculating. And the word that sprang to mind for me was vulgar.
you know what they say, that you should not call narcs out and just quietly leave (not my forte, I admit) because narcs never disappoint, they will show their true colours to the rest of their bind followers eventually.

btw did you see how she goes through the people like through the clothes? What once was new and shiny is now old and disposed of... hello MP, Mary and co.. Prince Poodle don't worry your time is coming :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.