The Chateau Diaries #49 Tasteless tango, Teabag in turmoil & tearful Tatiana in Turkey.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone is a patreon could you please ask about my obsession - the shutter dogs. What is the status of their deployment before a shutter falls on someone's head.
Matt - is coming to do them apparently

As soon as he’s finished all the lucrative Paying customers with pools ….😈

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Those God awful paintings are one of the reasons that place fails in being Versailled up. Daddy’s poor man Picasso inspired art cheapens every room they are in. She can gild that place in 24 carat gold from snout to tail, carpet the floors in Fortuny, and cover the walls, ceiling, furniture, and Philip in the finest silk the lands have to offer, but Derek’s sexual fantasy nightmares will be the first thing your eyes will be drawn to. After your eyes are assaulted and you wash them out with bleach, you quickly realize how they clash with the surroundings. I agree @Clara Burnett , they need to be burned for the sake of humanity (and our eyes)
I beg to differ in some points. Mainly because I find burning and destroying cultural artefacts (and books, for that matter) abhorrent. DJ's paintings are not to my taste at all, and I do not like where and how they are displayed. So wrong! But whatever their artistic or historic value (I'd love to hear from someone knowledgable in art history what they think his influences were? I see a bit of pop art, yes, @Mummy Dearest, a bit of Picasso, Paul Klee maybe? a smidgin of Mondrian? whatever, they are unique!). I do understand that SJ values/appreciates/loves her father's oeuvre, and I am sure they have their place somewhere, but not in a chintzy mishmash of vintage/antique/shabby chic domestic environment. They clash horribly. As was suggested before, a gallery space for all the artwork could surely be established somewhere in one of the outbuildings. Imagine the possibilities, a vernissage, annual artyfarty memorial day, workshops "learn to paint Derek Jarvis' style", merchandise, like colouring books, ;), painting by numbers, screenprinting your own DJ artwork onto aprons, oven gloves, cushions, (remember Dear Brenda's awful artful cushions, anyone? o_O ),WALLPAPER!! Yesss!, etc. I think all this would be simply paarfect!🎨🎪⛱❤ (and for the children: sock puppets! There are enough socks in the shatoo to last for many, many workshops! :LOL: And felted hedgehogs, stuff your own squirrel utilizing the sheepwool fleeces , sparkly headdresses, tiara style, with peacock feathers. The possibilities are endless! Does anyone recall Oliver's painting workshop(s)? Just like that, only MUCH bigger! The superfans would love it, and flock in droves to book The Creative D.J. Chateau Experience!(foraged lunch pakets included! ;) )

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am impressed you actually watch the show; I can't stand the squeaking and squealing anymore. Nor. lest we forget, the gushing. Ugh.
I haven’t watched it yet… but I will when I have the right kind of time… it’s so interesting and fun to observe their behaviours. I suppose I’m so far into it all. Was a fan since the near start of CD, AND THEN the super fans hit. I was set adrift. TATTLE. So much has been exposed and felt. At first (still is), this was a fantastic distraction. The insight and wit here is however, the showstopper.

Stop squabbling dears, Canadian French is in my opinion utterly charming, - old fashioned kind of, I like it. My french is poor, but ALL french is sexy, in my HUMBLE opinion! Wonder if Brenda agrees?
Are you trying to turn her on😆‼

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Where are Nutti's and Nostrille's wages coming from? A detailed expenditure spreadsheet is needed. Full disclosure, Fanny! £30,000 each month is just piling up, gathering interest in various offshore accounts, plus YT money, B & B money - £5000 per month.
Just £1600 (X 2) for Nutti & Dan per month (guess)
Nostrille £ ??
Electric £ ??
Food. £ ??
There's a hell of a lot coming in but very little outgoing and practically nothing on building works.
And all Fanny has to say for herself is "nothing to report"?!
I don't bleeping well think so, missy!
Time to give a Very Detailed report on income vs outgoing and no, last years quick and surly overview won't do.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I beg to differ in some points. Mainly because I find burning and destroying cultural artefacts (and books, for that matter) abhorrent. DJ's paintings are not to my taste at all, and I do not like where and how they are displayed. So wrong! But whatever their artistic or historic value (I'd love to hear from someone knowledgable in art history what they think his influences were? I see a bit of pop art, yes, @Mummy Dearest, a bit of Picasso, Paul Klee maybe? a smidgin of Mondrian? whatever, they are unique!). I do understand that SJ values/appreciates/loves her father's oeuvre, and I am sure they have their place somewhere, but not in a chintzy mishmash of vintage/antique/shabby chic domestic environment. They clash horribly. As was suggested before, a gallery space for all the artwork could surely be established somewhere in one of the outbuildings. Imagine the possibilities, a vernissage, annual artyfarty memorial day, workshops "learn to paint Derek Jarvis' style", merchandise, like colouring books, ;), painting by numbers, screenprinting your own DJ artwork onto aprons, oven gloves, cushions, (remember Dear Brenda's awful artful cushions, anyone? o_O ),WALLPAPER!! Yesss!, etc. I think all this would be simply paarfect!🎨🎪⛱❤ (and for the children: sock puppets! There are enough socks in the shatoo to last for many, many workshops! :LOL: And felted hedgehogs, stuff your own squirrel utilizing the sheepwool fleeces , sparkly headdresses, tiara style, with peacock feathers. The possibilities are endless! Does anyone recall Oliver's painting workshop(s)? Just like that, only MUCH bigger! The superfans would love it, and flock in droves to book The Creative D.J. Chateau Experience!(foraged lunch pakets included! ;) )
I wasn’t suggesting someone actually light a match and burn the collection to ashes, just expressing how much I hate his artwork. I also wasn’t suggesting that we all literally wash our eyes with bleach after looking at them. Stephanie loves her father’s art, I’m sure there are others that love it as well. She could diversify and monetize his artwork by putting it in a book, selling more wrapping paper, downloadable prints, she has a market for it. His style of painting isn’t my taste, but the innuendo behind his work makes my skin crawl, especially with so much of the subject matter seemingly being influenced by his daughter. Sorry but it just creeps me out.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm agog. What French did you learn and what French did your friend's family understand?
My friend’s family were newly from Quebec, they barely spoke any English (her Mother didn’t speak any English at all!). I’m unsure as to why they moved ‘out west’. From Quebec, clearly from a region where Québécois French was the blood, social, educational and practical norm. I was always told we were taught “Parisienne French” at my immersion school (class of ‘95). The grammar and vocabulary show differences and of course, some slang and articulation (pronunciations). My uncle married a lovely woman from “up north”. She is Cree and has spent her career teaching this language as a school teacher. Two of her daughters are Métis. It’s wild trying to speak French with them… articulation (oral moments thus sounds)… so unique! As a young hippy-chick back in my day, I travelled and met lots of Acadians. Another type of French! They however spoke the most Franglais, so that’s where I got to utilize my French and expand it. The Acadian lilt is so mesmerizing! I don’t mean to offend any Acadians. Is it @maplefairy who has shared some interesting and fascinating insight into their culture and language? (Apologize if I got the wrong individual)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nic's apartment, then Nic en' famile gite apartment were finished on a reasonable schedule. Especially the bathrooms...Stephanie....Are You Listening?! Thank goodness Marie is deciding on furnishings/colors herself. I'd hate spending time in rooms that were outfitted by the husband's ex flame.
Glad they stopped Antoine from being videoed, every time he was shown it caused more useless gifting from the superfans.
Sorry, but all they did in that apartment was build a new bathroom. Most of the furniture Nic and Marie are using were bought at Emmaus by the American lady that took over the house when my friends left. The colors on the walls were chosen by my friends. So no, Marie is definitely not deciding on furnishings/colors herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I have a sneaking suspension that Marie will be interviewing Julie Montagu of the Mapperton Estate, wife of the Earl of Sandwich. She has a YouTube channel and I've seen them interact with each other on Instagram. I'm willing to bet she's on Marie's roster. She does have an interesting backstory of how she had to support her family during her husband's wrongfully prescribed/ prescription drug addiction .

Or maybe it will truly be Gerry and Hanni next! And Kat who's back in UK 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Anyone know what's happening with Teabag who's revelling with Handy Andy in the Honeymoon Suite back in Begmania? Thought he was going to do daily vlogs?

Hope there isn't trouble in Paradise :rolleyes:
I'm sure he believed he could do daily vlogs himself, but then the quality was not good enough to reflect his high standards. There will soon be more excuses (and some blaim to throw around, because it obviously could not be his own fault...)

Reactions: 20
Didn't one of you geniuses determine, a while back, that PJ's many many allergies are the way to avoid cooking duty? Wouldn't fake "isolation" for a perhaps similarly unafflicted friend be a way of dodging video/editing duty, if he still has chores left?
Clever and sneaky too .

Reactions: 11
We’ll, in her defense, she must click buttons and I bet she had a day of hell thinking about how much donation options she should provide to her followers, without becoming to greedy.
I think FRK's grifting attempts should be completely ignored from now on. They deserve to be. All the attention and exposure she got at SJ's shitshow has not turned her into a nicer, better person. Now that she's banished, she might stand a chance to achieve something by actually do the work that takes.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I love Canadian French! My lovely mother was born in the predominantly Anglophone and Yiddish Westmount neighborhood of Montreal where my grandparents still live! They all learned French for obvious reasons and I always enjoy visiting family in Quebec and hear them speak a weird different genre of French! ;) 😆
Montréal, (verrrry far from where I live), seems a very multicultural city… a sort of cross-roads and unique to other CAN cities. I recently watched a fascinating doc on CBC called “Return to Park Ex”… it doesn’t touch on the foundational Jewish communities but is interesting in terms of shifting immigrant narratives.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Phyllis moves things around now since that is HIS chateau now...and be is terrible at it. As with everything. No knowledge...no taste.
I think you are right Arfarf..... Squirrel Boy thinks the chateau is his .

Reactions: 14
You would think she would have actually shopped with the antiques dealer couple, so they could tell her if she was getting a good deal!
But nobody really wants to be affiliated to her or seen with her in public. The antiques dealer couple probably only invited them to give their friends and colleagues a chance to unload some crappy items and cheat her out of a few bucks. Who knows, maybe they even got a commission?

Can they direct her spending?
Some of her entourage might have gotten her ear some time ago, I doubt she will listen to anybody by now. She's on top of the world, ready for the fall.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
If I were SJ, I would use one of the barn spaces as a "gallery" and house father's paintings there, ensemble. They would make more of a statement, that way.
Yes..... on on the barn you post a sign ... "Enter at Own Risk" !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sir Nostrille really needs to stop saying he's isolating for his anxiety ridden friend when he's literally In The Same Room with everyone else. Phillip....that's not how isolating works.
You mean, he can take of his mask when he is banging his boss? What a relief! And then we hear SJ rave about 'what a good friend he is'. No he's not, he is putting his compromised friend at risk by pretending he is safe to be around.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So Ryans GF was surprised to hear that this is supposed to be a (first) date and she was rolling her eyes and was signalling " you mean like a couple like a date?!?!"
I wonder what how much her real boyfriend will charge Ryan for it :m
Oh no… ohhh nooo! Now YOU have made me watch one (well, not really😆, but I will🤦). I have however made a sort-of promise to myself on advice from @Gibson to not mention R here anymore. Fart fart does he (R) have our attention fart farts and more of his farting. What fart songs has he sung to Downey or maybe that is just a language he shares with Billy. Sorry Gibson.
Edit: after reading further, there are some upsetting posts about this recent vlog (haven’t watched) and I don’t mean to make light of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.